_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1820 1821 [1822] 1823 1824 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924229 times)

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Is this good? The new system is a bit confusing to me.)
Spoiler: Character Sheet! (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

((It seems to be fine, by what the system was like, but it's been nigh-constantly changing.  For instance, 'Will' and 'Intelligence' are now merged into 'Mind'.  I'd suggest you just ignore stats until everything is definitely set in stone.

Also, most actual game stuff has been frozen since the entire system is being reworked.  That doesn't stop you from roleplaying, but aside from that, there's not much to do at the moment.))

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So uh, I'm kinda broke, but is there anything that I could do to get a pack or two of those bluesmokes?"

Go to the armory and ask the armory master, also make sure that I have my mk1 suit on. These should be my last actions, then I'm ready for the mission.

Just to be clear, I still want to do this, even after the armory update.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

"This should prove... interesting..."
To the briefing room!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The young man leaves for a moment looking for the only female in the last mission's group, finds her sleeping in the barracks, and gives her the five tokens - without using nature's filling cabinet, mind you - before returning to Sky. "You can explain what happened there."

I... lost focus, Boss. The machine... I'm not sure what it was. I mean, I know what it was made of... I have our manifest and the pictures. I've been over them twice since we got back to the Sword. I was putting together a simple monitoring station, just something to tap into their radio and maybe piggyback on a wireless signal if I could find one... I started work and then, there was the machine! And it worked. It worked beautifully. And if it hadn't overheated, I'd probably still be down there with it. And now that it's gone... It shouldn't have worked. Nothing we bought should have been capable of what that machine did. I can't even tell you why it *might* work. If anyone can, it's Steve... at least, I hope he can.
He looks shaken as he considers the implications.
As for the end... I stand by my decision now, but it was made in haste. I was trying to disable the 'bots before they could fire on our team, and I think the machine went wild. Judging from the after-effects on our team members, it probably shorted out everything electronic on that street, including their implants. We're lucky the only thing that exploded was the pipe bombs, their implants could easily have gone off... Could have easily killed all of them. All of us. But we otherwise had nothing in place to deal with that... we got caught unprepared, and I took the safest option we had to fix that quickly... It could have been worse. Inaction would have been worse. We made mistakes, we got lucky, we paid the price...
He stares solemnly over Milno's shoulder.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Hit submit accidentally, hold on.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

There's gonna be a lot of management of items and such this post. If you're just buying or selling or otherwise moving crap around, I'm just gonna slap [Wiki] on your post for the wiki people to handle it. Cause there are a lot of posts.

Well, I don't know the exact term, if there is any, but what I meant is "to sell it back with intention to buy it again later"

Do the thing.

((You're pawning it...))
Yeah, right.
[Wiki]

Ask following:
- Can we get some drones/scouteyes for free, or should we buy them with team fund? If second, how much does a UAV cost?
- How much tokens to repair those synthflesh gunnerbot hounds? And can we take them with us on the mission?
- What are max team sizes for ground team?
- Is the Haebi adaptation normally specialized enough that something like a multiple-mode free electron laser (aka like the ones designed previously) could extend its effectiveness by switching to a different firing mode when the enemy adapts defenses? (Sean question)

I could have sworn you have some scout eyes in your team fund. And considering they're 1 token for 3 now, I think I'll just tell you guys to buy em. Depends on the design of the UAV. What do you want it to do?

Well, we've got 3 right? their internal electronics are fried but the synthflesh still works. I'd say 3 tokens each to get them repaired and healed from the bullet wounds.

Depends, I can't tell you because I can't predict what they'll do.

Join the everyone group.
Posts like these I'll mostly be ignoring because I'm not in charge of them, it's the various team leaders that are, so I can't really yay or nay it and there's no real action here for me to comment on.

((Dear piecewise, we are keeping track of dead meat volunteers for you: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Current_Mission_Information))
Good to know somebody is! Alright, I'll leave this to you and your wiki friends, as well as the team leaders.
Am mid-restat, I have a tentative restat sheet made, am awaiting feedback. partly from you - need to know if Lyra's claws / bite are exo (her specialty), uncon, or raw stat based. also need to have an explanation of the Fate stat before I can try to give her an appropriate value in it. Am willing to simply make the tentative sheet permanent if needed.
Spoiler: old stat sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: new stat sheet (click to show/hide)
Meh- lets just go with it. Respec complete... I hope I won't regret not waiting for the extra info.
[wiki] Probably

Oh. Then - just keep it. I won't really need tokens anytime soon, would I? Maurice smiled. Keep it, then. It's yours now too. Just keep those little guys in good care - but I'm certain you will anyway, right?..

Give Bag of People to Lars.
Come to Nyars and browse his wares.

((@Lenglon Where is the Deathcube-services office currently situated? I'd like to talk to Lyra too, but I'm not sure where she is. It appears that, by chance, the office is nearby the Nyars's. Oh well, not interfering with the alien-tech experiments anyway.))
[wiki] for the bag of people

Lets reset nyar's shop for you:

LAC-LMS-Um10 ROMANTIC BEGGAR
A long, rectangular box, about 4-5 inches high and wide, and maybe a foot and a half long.  It's marked as costing 3 tokens.

HIU-DEWA-CU-Ui25625 DESOLATE MARBLE
A long rectangular box, about two and a half feet long, and 5 inches wide and tall. It is marked as costing 5 tokens.

ICH-OT-IS-Po13 PRECIPITATE MASK
A relatively small box, maybe 5 or 6 inches to a side.  Marked as costing 4 tokens.

ICH-BT-WE-Pa423 AMIABLE AMBER
This is quite a large box, maybe two feet by 2 feet, by 10-12 inches tall. It's marked for 10 tokens.

ICH-OT-CL-Pm1523 SPOOKY GARROW
A large envelope of sorts, make of thick, opaque plastic. Marked for 2 tokens.

"Very well then, we shall return in two earth-cycles for those items of good faith, provided as partial recompense for meddling in Q'Bajan affairs.  In the mean time, we wish to exchange our glory for tribute."

Purchase the traitorous tool known as an MFM.  Also inquire as to the purchase of a large backpack filled with sand.  Further request lots of duct tape and a few metal rods about 1.5 feet in length.  Make sure tape received is reistant to cutting.
Do stuff
Hmm, do you still wanna buy the MFM with the changes that happened to it? Cause you'll need to buy a brain too.

Tape and rods we can do for you, but that backpack of sand...are you talking about the sandbag weapon or a literal backpack full of sand.

"Great."
Just buy a gauss rifle with an extra magazine of hollow-point rounds with it.
[Wiki]
Volunteer for both missions. Pick up a microwave amp.

((Note to self: Respec.
E: Let's try burninating all the things again. Like sister like brother eh?))
[wiki]
((After the way Haebi was described as a "Planet full of Xan" I have serious doubts about our already generally pretty lax safety,))
Quote from: @AM
Hello ma'am I am going to be going on either of the missions is there something you would recommend having?
Trade in old exoskeleton for 3 token, Buy half thick milno plate for 3, put on half thick milno plate
[wiki]
I'll try to ask in IRC if I can, but if I can't stay awake that long, some question for the mind control amp. No need to answer all of them if you don't have time, answer as many as you like:
You say in the armoury entry of the Neural connector that "it is tuned to interact with most known xenobiological archetypes". I assume that those archetype data loaded in the mind control amp is the thing that allows me to control the minds and bodies of humans and aliens without needing to know exactly how their minds and bodies work. Correct? Or secret? Or we don't know?

Do those archetypes allow me to do something like stop the heart of an alien I've never seen before or would I need to have at least some knowledge of it?

Does taking control of them allow me to learn specific things about them so that I know what their capabilities are? What about a general layout of their body?

Can I control only part of someone, like their hand or do I need to take over their entire body/brain? Could I, for example, only copy what my target's eyes are seeing so that I can learn what password he is typing without having to break into his mind? Or inversely, make him think he is seeing nothing while we pass in front of him? Or only try to take control of his heart to stop it? Or his hand to shoot at the man standing next to him?

Can I control multiple aliens?

Would it be easier to take control of someone's heart and cause it to stop or would it be easier to just cause it to dissolve?
Secret
Depends on the roll
Depends on the roll and the action you had
You could control just part, but with the flesh controlling one, not the mind one. The mind one you could too, but they could fight against it.
At the same time? No.
Stop.

Get nekkid. Put on the Skinsuit.
Are you signed up for any missions? Is there anyone who might miss you if say, something bad just happens to occur?
Give the getting-naked guy the fucking radioactive penis and leg it.
Here you go hold this no no it's perfectly safe don't bother getting back in your suit to see if it's dangerous it's a big green cock fun for all the family BYE.
dirty [wiki]
"So uh, I'm kinda broke, but is there anything that I could do to get a pack or two of those bluesmokes?"

Go to the armory and ask the armory master, also make sure that I have my mk1 suit on. These should be my last actions, then I'm ready for the mission.
"Bluesmokes are free"

She gives you some.

[wiki]
Head to my locker and put on my Mk II suit.
[wiki]
Well, this is probably not the best time to apply, but I don't mind waiting for the next mission.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We'll assume you drop out and everything. Grab some stuff from the armory and get ready

HEY! TEAM LEADERS! ROOKIE LOOKING FOR A SUICIDE MISSION HERE!

While he waits for teams to be chosen, Yancy heads back to the VR pods and loads up "Punch Many Things"

(Should be a nice way to test how the new system works before drop)
.....Fine.

ONE PERSON ONLY!

NO VR RUSH!

Buy a tentacle and get it installed on my back.
Then try to use it to climb up to the ceiling of the rec room.

[wiki]
There's not a lot to grab on to in the rec room. At least up by the ceiling. You can suction cup yourself up there and hang, but you can't really climb around.
Thaddeus stares wide eyed at Milno as the implications, and realization sinks in. "Understood boss, crystal clear. I won't fail you this time."

After that Thaddeus walks to the briefing room before typing on his wristpad:
Quote from: Thaddeus  To:  Yancy, Dubley, Mesk, Auron, and Pancaek
I need you five to meet me in the briefing room, you have been selected for Joker team. I'll be waiting for you.

Head to the briefing room
Ok

Thaddeus stares wide eyed at Milno as the implications, and realization sinks in. "Understood boss, crystal clear. I won't fail you this time."

After that Thaddeus walks to the briefing room before typing on his wristpad:
Quote from: Thaddeus  To:  Yancy, Dubley, Mesk, Auron, and Pancaek
I need you five to meet me in the briefing room, you have been selected for Joker team. I'll be waiting for you.

Yancy aborts his VR session to join the briefing
Wooo, no vr!
Head to briefing room.
Alright

Kyle goes to weld random lockers shut. After making sure he's the only one in the room of course.
There are a couple of people in the room right now, actually, grabbing gear and such.
Go to the briefing room.

While being briefed, build the laser cannon we discussed. (Handi +2, Aux +2). Make it artifact quality.
Try to get it in the exoskeleton +2 strength tier.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((I just want to get this project finished. Multitasking!))
[wiki] his cannon up people.

As per your exoskeleton, there's only one kind now, and it doesn't have numbers attached to it.

(Is this good? The new system is a bit confusing to me.)
Spoiler: Character Sheet! (click to show/hide)
Alright, remake the sheet now. Ignore the OP post on the new system post and just ask someone in the thread about it. Theres a character making program floating around in there somewhere that should let you do things easier. Everything is kind of a mess right now, but the system shouldn't change in terms of character gen from this point on. The armory might get shuffled a bit, but everything should be fairly well set at this point.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: [WIKI]
« Reply #27323 on: April 02, 2015, 12:16:33 pm »

PW: my post was in response to you saying you needed to know about my char sheet to tell me what the D-cube did to me...
what did it do to me?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27324 on: April 02, 2015, 12:37:07 pm »

Quickly sprint to the armoury, ask how much a cutting laser lens is, buy it if it's one token, then sprint back to the briefing and install it to finish the cannon.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

Ulrich Leland. Location: Armory

"How we are supposed to find a nerve cluster if it is not visible from above ground? Just poke in ground and see what happens?"

Purchase Mass Manipulation Psychokinetic Amplifier and have it installed. Ask Steve.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #27326 on: April 02, 2015, 12:51:34 pm »

PW: my post was in response to you saying you needed to know about my char sheet to tell me what the D-cube did to me...
what did it do to me?

Increase your dex by +1, decrease  your end by -1

Quickly sprint to the armoury, ask how much a cutting laser lens is, buy it if it's one token, then sprint back to the briefing and install it to finish the cannon.
Sure, fine. [wiki]

Ulrich Leland. Location: Armory

"How we are supposed to find a nerve cluster if it is not visible from above ground? Just poke in ground and see what happens?"

Purchase Mass Manipulation Psychokinetic Amplifier and have it installed. Ask Steve.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
[wiki]

>There should be thin "root" like structures spreading out from the nearest cluster through the skin. They would be hard to spot from the air and probably won't be visible through the skin until you get closer and they thicken. But if you cut into the skin a bit, you should probably find them. The cluster will more then likely be underground in a natural cavern area, covered in a layer of skin.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #27327 on: April 02, 2015, 01:36:09 pm »

buy a universal amp and get it jammed into brain by people who know what they're doing. Also send message to AM asking for tips on universal amp use in general, and how to disable robots effeciently with it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27328 on: April 02, 2015, 01:40:53 pm »

[Xan_jealousy intensifies]
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

The process of awakening from stasis has always been a sickening experience for Xan - the sudden shift from utter stillness of mind to even the slow creep of feelings at the back of his mind is disorientating and gives him a headache. He reaches groggily for his head, cradling it in his hands against the pain-
And he freezes. He opens his eyes to see his hands.
His hands.
He went to sleep without limbs, he should not have woken up with hands.
He quickly concentrated. He willed his limbs to shift to something else. Something more ... serpentine. With scales. But there was no change forthcoming.
Xan frowned. He concentrated again on his limbs. Change. Change! CHANGE! But nothing was forthcoming but the strange phantom ache that results from concentrating too hard.
His hands are trembling, and his thin chest is heaving with panicked breaths.
I can't change. Why can't I change?!
He rolls off the table he woke up lying on and scrambles under it, frantically glancing around at the room he finds himself in. White walled. Sterile. Harsh lighting. Infirmary.
He stays under the table for quite some time, processing his existential crisis and shaking. Eventually he stops, and slowly crawls out from under the table, unfolding to his full height. His eyes are red-rimmed and his face is streaked with tears. He speaks with a shaky voice.
Steve. Steve, am I on the Sword? Why can't I change? What has happened? Why can I not change?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1820 1821 [1822] 1823 1824 ... 2101