_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1816 1817 [1818] 1819 1820 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923345 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Stopping by to retrieve all his possessions - from the airlock, from the locker, from the barracks and from the Rec Room - Maurice approached Brother Lars with a pensive yet pronounced smile.
So it happens that I live, Brother. I am willingly in service of that person - he added a pause to let his last words be understood - once again, and I am following him to Hephaestus, for the time being. Thank you for keeping all of my entrusted possessions safe and your helping hand in the first place. And, more than anything, thank you for teaching me down on Q'Baja's surface how to keep my soul pure and own no matter what. For that alone you truly are an accomplished chaplain of our unit.
Remember that what I said earlier about adding the Mistress Medicine to the original Pantheon book? Well, I have seen - or, more correctly, felt - her presence once again. This time, however, it was not me who was imbued by her holy power and skill - it was Brother Mesk. On order of General Miyamoto I cannot share the extent of operation, but I shall tell you this: my very life depended on his medical skill, yet he cleanly triumphed against all odds.
He smiled and fell silent for a little while. I still cannot fathom what her holy symbol could possibly be, but that might be because I have always stayed at her hand without any symbols. Maurice chuckled lightly. I am sure you will find it out some day, for you are the the herald of the gods; I am but occasional instrument of their - her - will.
Retrieving a large rectangular object, wrapped in canvas, Maurice gave it to Brother Lars. Here, keep it. I have painted it long ago, and had it stashed somewhere, as our  - he smiled broadly - Wreck Room consistently proved its name. It bears the best portrait I have ever made, one which I probably will not be able to surpass. It bears the portrait of Sir Milno the Snark, the person we both have aspired to. He looked into Lars's eyes. I want you to keep it, friend. It was very special and precious creation for a very long time, one that inspired me to the great actions I have taken, one that lead me to thrust myself into what I am doing now.
Maurice looked away thoughtfully. I might come back here as soon as the next mission - but it will still be, long, long years for me, residing on Hephaestus. So now that I leave, I want you to keep it as my parting gift to you, Brother. May Steve watch over you.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Am mid-restat, I have a tentative restat sheet made, am awaiting feedback. partly from you - need to know if Lyra's claws / bite are exo (her specialty), uncon, or raw stat based. also need to have an explanation of the Fate stat before I can try to give her an appropriate value in it. Am willing to simply make the tentative sheet permanent if needed.
Spoiler: old stat sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: new stat sheet (click to show/hide)

(( PW is being... intentionally vauge about the Fate stat. We've got some working assumptions about it (which we should put on the wiki, now that I think about it) but he hasn't and probably won't say anything conclusive about it.

That said, your sheet looks fine. I look forward to PW's decision on your 'fate' :P ))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Brother Lars bowed very deeply to Maurice.  "Brother Maurice, may the gods watch ever over you on your journey.  I will take what you have said to heart, for you are truly as good a friend as I could have had here on this ship.  I have kept your possessions safe, but I must confess I looked at your bag of figures.  They are most intriguing... they seem to possess some significance as well.  There is an aura of divine mystery around them, indeed."

Brother Lars smiled.  "Thank you much for this beautiful portrait of Saint Milno.  It is a divinely wonderful work of art, and I shall treasure it greatly."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Oh. Then - just keep it. I won't really need tokens anytime soon, would I? Maurice smiled. Keep it, then. It's yours now too. Just keep those little guys in good care - but I'm certain you will anyway, right?..

Give Bag of People to Lars.
Come to Nyars and browse his wares.

((@Lenglon Where is the Deathcube-services office currently situated? I'd like to talk to Lyra too, but I'm not sure where she is. It appears that, by chance, the office is nearby the Nyars's. Oh well, not interfering with the alien-tech experiments anyway.))
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 04:12:27 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

BTW Xan, you wake up in the Infirmary, in human form but lacking any powers.

Turns out the powers that be didn't like them.

BLAME SENIOR MANAGEMENT!

Or maybe Senor management.  Gonna make Miya wear a sombrero                                                                                                                                               

Nunzillor

"Very well then, we shall return in two earth-cycles for those items of good faith, provided as partial recompense for meddling in Q'Bajan affairs.  In the mean time, we wish to exchange our glory for tribute."

Purchase the traitorous tool known as an MFM.  Also inquire as to the purchase of a large backpack filled with sand.  Further request lots of duct tape and a few metal rods about 1.5 feet in length.  Make sure tape received is reistant to cutting.
Do stuff

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile

"Great."
Just buy a gauss rifle with an extra magazine of hollow-point rounds with it.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 11:31:34 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile

Volunteer for both missions. Pick up a microwave amp.

((Note to self: Respec.
E: Let's try burninating all the things again. Like sister like brother eh?))
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 11:21:51 pm by Pufferfish »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

The process of awakening from stasis has always been a sickening experience for Xan - the sudden shift from utter stillness of mind to even the slow creep of feelings at the back of his mind is disorientating and gives him a headache. He reaches groggily for his head, cradling it in his hands against the pain-
And he freezes. He opens his eyes to see his hands.
His hands.
He went to sleep without limbs, he should not have woken up with hands.
He quickly concentrated. He willed his limbs to shift to something else. Something more ... serpentine. With scales. But there was no change forthcoming.
Xan frowned. He concentrated again on his limbs. Change. Change! CHANGE! But nothing was forthcoming but the strange phantom ache that results from concentrating too hard.
His hands are trembling, and his thin chest is heaving with panicked breaths.
I can't change. Why can't I change?!
He rolls off the table he woke up lying on and scrambles under it, frantically glancing around at the room he finds himself in. White walled. Sterile. Harsh lighting. Infirmary.
He stays under the table for quite some time, processing his existential crisis and shaking. Eventually he stops, and slowly crawls out from under the table, unfolding to his full height. His eyes are red-rimmed and his face is streaked with tears. He speaks with a shaky voice.
Steve. Steve, am I on the Sword? Why can't I change? What has happened? Why can I not change?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile

((After the way Haebi was described as a "Planet full of Xan" I have serious doubts about our already generally pretty lax safety,))
Quote from: @AM
Hello ma'am I am going to be going on either of the missions is there something you would recommend having?
Trade in old exoskeleton for 3 token, Buy half thick milno plate for 3, put on half thick milno plate
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 10:20:31 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

I'll try to ask in IRC if I can, but if I can't stay awake that long, some question for the mind control amp. No need to answer all of them if you don't have time, answer as many as you like:
You say in the armoury entry of the Neural connector that "it is tuned to interact with most known xenobiological archetypes". I assume that those archetype data loaded in the mind control amp is the thing that allows me to control the minds and bodies of humans and aliens without needing to know exactly how their minds and bodies work. Correct? Or secret? Or we don't know?

Do those archetypes allow me to do something like stop the heart of an alien I've never seen before or would I need to have at least some knowledge of it?

Does taking control of them allow me to learn specific things about them so that I know what their capabilities are? What about a general layout of their body?

Can I control only part of someone, like their hand or do I need to take over their entire body/brain? Could I, for example, only copy what my target's eyes are seeing so that I can learn what password he is typing without having to break into his mind? Or inversely, make him think he is seeing nothing while we pass in front of him? Or only try to take control of his heart to stop it? Or his hand to shoot at the man standing next to him?

Can I control multiple aliens?

Would it be easier to take control of someone's heart and cause it to stop or would it be easier to just cause it to dissolve?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 02:04:29 pm by Parisbre56 »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Get nekkid. Put on the Skinsuit.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

Give the getting-naked guy the fucking radioactive penis and leg it.
Here you go hold this no no it's perfectly safe don't bother getting back in your suit to see if it's dangerous it's a big green cock fun for all the family BYE.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So uh, I'm kinda broke, but is there anything that I could do to get a pack or two of those bluesmokes?"

Go to the armory and ask the armory master, also make sure that I have my mk1 suit on. These should be my last actions, then I'm ready for the mission.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 07:15:55 pm by HavingPhun »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:44:19 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 1816 1817 [1818] 1819 1820 ... 2101