_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1800 1801 [1802] 1803 1804 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923618 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

"I request permission to... take advantage of that option Steve gave to us. I want to return to Hephaestus. I am not giving up. I still believe in this cause, I still want to help. I... You can tell the others whatever you want, if you are worried about morale. But I can not stay here. Not now. I need time. Some time away from this."

((Sorry, can't really think right now. That's the best I can do.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

"What a fucking mess.  I... need a nap."
Mesk grabs the nearest cot, heedless of his surroundings, and sleeps.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Brother Lars nodded.  "I believe Brother Charles will be of help in this; last I heard he had been doing research into UWM worlds and may have some useful information.  I live to serve for Steve."

((Bit meta but I figure it's fair that Charles and Lars have been in a little bit of contact.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile

Phoebe looks around for soneone to explain to him where he just ended up in

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

So, sciencey? My favorite, let's do it!
Alright, we'll pay for you to get your body back but you're officially on the waiting list for test subjects for potentially fatal experiments.

"It's possible, but it's larger because it requires several capacitors to hold the charge for each shot. "
- I see. And what about ammo capacity and price?
And who are you?

[Yionks' transformation and appearance implied. He was an invisibear up till now, right?]
"The ammo capacity depends, it could be dozens of rounds if you feel like carrying big drum magazines. Price wise, you're looking at three times the price of a normal, maybe more. "

Can I... disable the shocking part? Or, well, what if I just got it carefully cut out?
Speak to Steve.

Drop by Pancaek and buy two Dex stimms for a token.

Concentrate on the two faces, especially on eyes and part of face closest to the eyes (where unobscured, of course) - brows, nose, cheeks, eyelid shape, etc. That part of face is the one that is most efficient for recognition, according to studies. Try to imagine how Dr.VonNost would have looked when he was younger, and how the Doctor would have looked were he older.

Carefully put the sack down on the floor of a remote airlock, and let whatever was inside the sack get out - slightly raising the bottom of the sack to facilitate and encourage the release. Treat it as something potentially fragile, potentially highly toxic to touch, yet potentially capable of some movement on its own.

>Carefully cut something out of your own brainstem?

WIKI PEOPLE THEY'RE BUYING THINGS AGAIN! THESE PEOPLE!

It's possible you suppose...but there are some clear differences in facial structure, the cheek bones on VonNost aren't as sharp as the doctor's.  His face is much harsher and more angular in general. You could believe they were related, but the same person? Questionable.

What comes out of the bag appears to be a few tiny humans. You recognize one of them as a tiny version of yourself. They walk around seemingly without any cognition of their surroundings, behaving as though they're interacting with something invisible.

((Looks like I missed that last update...))

"Well. Now that all that crazy stuff is over with... I better look araound. See what I can find. Maybe a workshop or something."

Look for an important looking person. Shadow him until I see somthing interesting, or something odd happens. If nothing happens, find the scientists and see whats going on there.
Miya is probably the most important person around you, But I don't think he's going anywhere. Hmm. The scientists have all retreated back into the R&D lab too.

Check how much ammo my gauss pistol holds, and see how much extra, if any, that I was given.

Head to the VR. Set the scene to be a smallish concrete building, with one locked metal door at it's south side. It is surrounded by 4 towers 20 feet diagonal to each of its corners. Each tower has one guard as sentry, with a spotlight, and the towers are connected by chainlink fences forming a perimeter wall around the stone building. The northern side of the fence has a section in the center that extends outward to connect to a dirt road. Where it connects there is a ~6x6 square foot building with one guard in it. It contains controls for the gateway at the entrance, and has a glass partition for people on the outside to communicate with him.

All of the guards have radios for communication. They are wearing suits of armor that offer protection similar to MK2 suits, but lack all healing, and space survival capabilities.

The facility is surrounded by a fairly large field, and is the only building in the immediate area. It is night time, and the field around the facilty consists of very tall grass, taller than the common man. The dirt road leading to the facilty is the the only place where the grass has not overrun the area. There are tire tracks showing that it is commonly used.

A party of two men are going out to do the nightly perimeter sweep. I am in a mk1 suit and have both my gauss pistol and microwave amp. My goal is to reach the a room at the far end of the central building. To get to it I must get through the main metal door and through several rooms that may or may not have additional guards. I am in the field outside of the facility.

((I saw above how you want at least some detail for VR posts. Let me know if you want more or less, or if you would rather I just give a very general situation, instead of setting the stage.))
It may be a good idea to save in depth VR to a point when we're no so busy. I'm personally busy and this thread is busy, so any VR you get here is gonna be half assed. I feel Like we're getting near the "Everyone stop posting if you're not directly getting ready for the next set of missions" point, so I don't want to build you up and then cut it half way.

Are you gonna try and go on the next mission?

Quote from: from Bart to Doctor
How much tokens would bullet time cost, messer-Doctor?
Send message.
"Can we freely exchange tokens,messer Steve? Also, can we make organisations?" Ask.

>yes and yes

I dunno if I wanna give anyone else Bullet time. Renen is only not OP because he's rarely around. Much like Lucas. Everyone I give superpowers to seems to be absent most of the time.

Hmm.

I'm expecting them to let me leap around like a gazelle in a baggy spacesuit, reach high ledges, run fast, kick people with a big metal spring-foot. That sort of thing.

If that's not actually what the 3-token stilts do, forget it and go give the suddenly-visible nudist some pants.

Unless there's some gene to be able to jump 3-4 meters high with a budget of 4 tokens. Then inquire about that.
I think stilts like that could be like 2 tokens. But keep in mind that trying to use them for anything special would incur dex rolls.

If thats ok, then just say so and consider them bought.

Wander a bit. Then find someone to annoy, and annoy them via speech roll
Look at the skull and then the PDA and then the knife set.

Let logic run its course.

You wander over and shove your face into auron's faceplate cam. You then start screaming. Just screaming uncontrolled gibberish at the top of your lungs. Just "WAAAAAAAAHHH!" over and over. He tries to push you out of the way of what he's doing but then recoils upon seeing your arms.
"...Yhea, I have no idea what that was.
Oh shit, and that Dan monstrosity asshole has my token!"

John (Jhon?) suddenly stands up from his half hour long thinking period and runs off to the infirmary, gotta be the most likely place for him/it to go, right?
Or be taken to.
Upon meeting the doctor, amd noticing the blood splatters, he asks "Hey, did you see some sort of flesh amalgamation taken here? It has a token that he got from me." He pauses briefly here, "I mean, he did get it from a lost bet, but I think nearly being eaten by it might be cause for repayment."
Whatever the answer, look for the dude [Swordsmith04/Hasala] and ask him for the laser rifle back.
The doctor looks at you for a moment and then looks down at the back of his left hand. There's a small circular object embedded under the skin just below his knuckles. He tilts his head a bit and then digs his thumbnail into the back of his hand and pries the skin up, peeling it back to reveal a token. He picks the slightly bloody token out of the muscle and hands it to you before smoothing down the flap of skin.

"Shoo."

((Sorry for the delay, was not in a good enough mental condition to RP until now.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((No problem at all, not like we're in a hurry here.))

"Hmm. Kay then, at least Lars got a chance to test them, so that's not a problem.

And sure, go ahead. What's on your mind?"

((Seriously, someone stop by Nyars and check out his new system!))

Brother Lars nodded slowly.  "Okay... I believe I understand what you mean.  What sort of motivation should we be applying to these people?  I will be sure to speak with Brother Charles.  Have you mentioned this to him yet?"

"Well, that's what I'm asking you to find out! These are often the kind of people who only stand to lose things should the status quo be broken, so it won't be easy to find leverage. But I'm sure the two of you will manage. And no, haven't talked to Charles yet, was thinking you could decide yourself whether you want to work together on it, or do it alone. You're responsible for propaganda after all, so I'm giving you a free hand in this. Only thing I'd like is if you run what you end up with by Steve or me, just as a last quality check."

Go to space internet and see hiw the UWM is responding to us. And what does the regular man in the street seem to think? And are those training vids being watched?
Everything you can find on the surface is of course decrying the actions of ARM, calling them terrorists, exaggerating and fabricating negatives. etc.

Pan, seeing Flint and Miya just staring silently at eachother, decides that now is maybe the time to skedaddle

Go to the armoury, pick up some cigars/sigarettes (Whatever is free), a lighter and a nice military hat. Then go see nyars and ask him what he's got in stock.

ALso sell two dex stims to Nikitian's character for a token

Smokes bought.

Lets see here:

There are five objects for sale.

The first is a large box, with the label "CAS-CUR-SR-NE: SALUBRIOUS BORDER"

The second is a shrink wrapped capsule with the label "CNI-SSB-Uj1118: INSIDIOUS POT"

The third is another shrink wrapped capsule, but of a different shape, with the lable "TO-Ui3011: ABSTRACT BED"

The fourth is in a heavy duty looking box with the label "CAS-CAF-RP-Pm225: DECEITFUL IVORY"

The last is another box, but wrapped in a copper mesh. The label reads "HIU-TWA-IS-Um1521: ACCIDENTAL SCALE"
Get a laser rifle with two extra batteries, and some hand grenades from the Armory Master.

"Is that a bear? Is that normal?"
Bought and bought

Wake up after falling asleep on the shuttle back from Mission 17. Disembark shuttle without dying horrifically since I manged to survive the last mission. Jump up and down excitedly like a child for my survivability.
Yay! NOT DEAD! GOOD ENOUGH!

I think you might have also gotten a fair chunk of change from it.

See

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Schweet.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

But how much does each Nyars box cost?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

Throw the knife at wolfkit.

Observe results of it touching his arms.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Observe the results of my hands touching Auron's arms
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go to R&D and watch the scientists. Maybe I'll learn something.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

((The Doctor's reply wasn't in quotation marks, so unsure if it really was him, but will treat it as such.))
Quote from: Lyra to Doctor
Want body same. Like cat. Thought same structure but better materials.

edit: going to explain what Lyra means OOC b/c pw's time is valuable

improved stealth (her fur changing color as desired or necessary to hide her)
accelerated thinking under pressure (Rennen's slow-mo)
faster and more precise motion. (better Dex)
stronger skeletal structure / claws (better End)
if possible, some form of wierdsense that would let her know when people use amps near her. preferably something that would let her use her own amps to counteract what is happening. or maybe simply being alerted to "wierd" things, like the sheep or the more physics-cheaty alien tech or other similar things.

she doesn't want to be any bigger, and wouldn't mind being even smaller if she could be faster, stealthier, and/or more aware of her surroundings as a part of it.

she also hasn't mentioned this yet, but if she could be offered training and practice to acomplish much the same goals (stealth, awareness, and dexterity), that would be appreciated.

she is willing to spend tokens to accomplish these, but isn't sure what is possible and what isn't. she doesn't want to lose what she's gained, and likes what she is right now.

If she was informed of the Deathcube services being offered, she'd be interested in making herself lightweight, but she'd also consult the Doctor first to see if that would cause problems with her unusual biology.

Nyars and armory items are off her list of interests right now because reasons.
Missed Me
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Well, with some help perhaps? Let's put this way: Is this theoretically doable (if perhaps not by the operated person), and may I attempt? Maurice smiled bittersweet. I respect you, Steve, truly do, and I prefer to avoid incompetent behavior, so I'd like to politely ask for permission and advice. In a way, we're truly blessed with your guidance.
Speak to Steve.

Observe the little people. Do I recognise anyone else? Do they react to me at all?
Do they appear dangerous in any way?

Make a sketch of Dr.VonNost. On paper, with a pencil.

Think about the Doctor and Dr. VonNost connection. Also, consider (intuit) that.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 04:42:20 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, I'll bring the VR up again in a few months or so. Yes, I would like to join in on the next mission. The only action I want to do is make sure that I have grabbed my MK1 suit. Also, how much ammo does my gauss pistol hold, and how much came with it? If it really matters. Otherwise, I am ready to join in on the next mission, and will wait until it has started.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 06:56:11 pm by HavingPhun »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Everyone I give superpowers to seems to be absent most of the time.
((*ahem* :P
Though I am absent some of the time due to dying all the time.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Erm. Well, um, hello!"

Conceal my nakedness.

"I was actually... just on my way to... do a thing. Please excuse me."

>Slink away in shame, find my stuff and then curl up in an unoccupied bunk, cover myself with a blanket, and sulk.
Preferably whilst hugging my gauss rifle like a body pillow.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 1800 1801 [1802] 1803 1804 ... 2101