_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1778 1779 [1780] 1781 1782 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5827224 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: And I heard, as it were the noise of thunder.
« Reply #26685 on: January 16, 2015, 01:19:27 pm »

Stay in the hallway outside of the entrance to the R&D. Heat up the door beyond the rods with my microwave amp to soften up the metal a bit. Then use mass amp to apply a generous blast of force to blow the door in. Use cameye zoom to observe what lies beyond.
You attempt to apply heat to the door but something rather odd happens. The heat you're imagining, flowing from your head and into the door, becomes strangely visible halfway to it, as it passes into the rod laden room. And as it becomes visible, as a sort of glowing fluid, like molten metal flowing through the air, it also cools, fading from existence and being sprayed across the room in a thousand tiny pieces at the same time. Huh.

Can I speak? If so, tell the scientists that I mean them no harm. If not, think it at them instead.
"IPH MEASN GOU NUH HERM"

They don't lower their guns but they don't shoot you either, which is probably a good sign. Curse your awesome, awesome super powers!

Drink Potion if I have it?
One Tavik potion. Lets see, what number was that....13. Alright.
You drink your potion. Ack, that tastes horrible!

Oh boy, you do not feel very well. You stumble, leaning against the wall to keep standing, and double over. You feel like your skin is on fire, like you're being pinched across your entire body. You feel a wet, slurping lurch forward, intense pain and then you pass out.

...Nah, won't run with it. I'm not wearing my MkI, I don't have a radio. There was a room full of vacuum in the way.

Sit tight and just chill for a bit. Charge Dexterity/Strength/whatever-I'm-rolling-for-climbing-this-thing dynamic bonus by envisioning exactly where I'm going to put my hands on the metal block to carefully climb higher.

Also,

Oh, and it's been a while since the Antarctic blast incident. How am I feeling?
You envision your future ascent.

As per the antarctic blast...if you're talking about the Stan incident, you're feeling fine. Don't remember why you would not be, but we'll just assume you are.

Quote from: Pancaek
use amp
Quote from: Tavik
drink potion
Cautiousness instincts engaged, back away from people around me, particularly those two.
You back away from jack, since he's the only one near you.

Replace missing lower synthflesh leg with roboleg. Or if full synthbodies come with the standard modular limb ports simply swap the leg out entirely.

You easily swap the entire leg out by severing the muscle around the joint and just removing the synth leg before replacing it with the robotic one.

Easy peasy

You know what, for safeties sake, let's say that I follow Xantalos in whatever he tries to do.
He seems like the most reasonable person around here.

Terrifying isn't it? Well, you get a good distance from jack too.

((I figured I might just do it anyway even with the armed scientists there but I suppose it is best not to.))

Head back to R&D, Attempt to aid Pancaek in opening up R&D with my limited resources. I'm just going to call the tool I found my "grip-shoe" for now on as that's what it seems to be. Also, stay a few good paces from Pancaek in case his plan backfires.
You head back and watch the Pancaek lightshow.

Ok, so anyone one with eyes on Jack would notice this:

He drinks something, looks suddenly drunk,  staggers over to the wall and falls down. A few moments later a pool of blood starts forming around him. A few moments after that, what appears to be his entire skin slithers out of his suit and shoots up into the nearest ceiling vent, leaving a trail of blood behind it.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: And I heard, as it were the noise of thunder.
« Reply #26686 on: January 16, 2015, 01:31:42 pm »

As per the antarctic blast...if you're talking about the Stan incident, you're feeling fine. Don't remember why you would not be, but we'll just assume you are.

Stan? I wasn't even on that mission. I'm talking about a few turns ago, when I cooled down the hallway Ciel melted, and blew all my mindpoints on an overshot. You described it as an Antarctic blast of cold air. But I'm cool with having full mindpoints again. :P

Utilize climbing bonus!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26687 on: January 16, 2015, 01:36:03 pm »

((Well shit... im kinda intimidated by my potion now...))

head back over to the portal and attempt to acquire something to apply to my feet as insulation.

Preferably by having the guy who already has "boots" bring me some flat items.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #26688 on: January 16, 2015, 01:48:28 pm »

Sip potion slowly.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26689 on: January 16, 2015, 01:51:16 pm »

“So, how's your day going? Done anything interesting? Shot anybody else? Did you have anything good for breakfast?”
Make small talk
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26690 on: January 16, 2015, 01:59:06 pm »

head back over to the portal and attempt to acquire something to apply to my feet as insulation.

Quote from: Hasala Nabin To: Auron Kell
Sorry, I'm kind of busy trying to climb this thing. There might be enough suitable items within reach of the portal, anyway; the ground in here is practically covered in them.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26691 on: January 16, 2015, 03:10:10 pm »

"Well then, I know what must be done. I'm going to grab these rods, Pancaek. Maybe, me holding them will disrupt their effects enough to allow you to rip open the door.."

Grab a hold of one rod with each hand and see what happens.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 08:01:55 pm by HavingPhun »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26692 on: January 16, 2015, 03:23:25 pm »

Pan grabs the new guy by the shoulder.

"Young grasshopper, you can't just go and grab those rods. I'm all for brute forcing the issue, but I really need as many meatshields as I can right now. No, if space magic don't work..."

He holds up a few dense metal discs in his hand

"We'll just have to use metal bits flying at high speeds. Be a sport and try to go open the door when I tell you, yeah?"

Use mass amp to shoot my metal discs at the rods. at high speed. to break them.

Do keep my distance, and observe what happens. If nothing drastic happens, tell Ian to go and try to open the door.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26693 on: January 16, 2015, 05:29:36 pm »

Xan resists the temptation to lick his lips at the sight of someone's skin flying off.
"Wonder if he's still alive. Hmm."

Cautiously go toward Jack and poke his foot to see if he's still alive. Keep an eye on any vent openings in case that skin tries ambushing me.

Stay away from anyone else doing things with their potions.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26694 on: January 16, 2015, 05:30:06 pm »

Try and wake up.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26695 on: January 16, 2015, 08:03:29 pm »

Fine, fine, you win this time...

Attempt to open the door if given the queue by Pancaek. Otherwise continue to stay out of his crosshairs in case something goes horribly wrong.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 08:06:09 pm by HavingPhun »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26696 on: January 17, 2015, 02:52:02 am »

Become so bored from nothing happening that I drink my potion.

"Here goes nothing!"

"Or at the least, horrible, horrible, beautiful something."
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26697 on: January 19, 2015, 09:40:00 am »

Walk away from the area of craziness, and try to find a private place to reside in to drink my newly acquired booze.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26698 on: January 19, 2015, 05:48:53 pm »

Stan? I wasn't even on that mission. I'm talking about a few turns ago, when I cooled down the hallway Ciel melted, and blew all my mindpoints on an overshot. You described it as an Antarctic blast of cold air. But I'm cool with having full mindpoints again. :P

Utilize climbing bonus!
AH, well yeah, you'd have them back anyways, even if I wasn't losing my memory.

Lets see...Oh god damn it.

You rolled a 1 again. AND you didn't get your 1/3rd bonus. So you got another 2 and spent the entire time flopping around like a fish, getting nowhere.

((Well shit... im kinda intimidated by my potion now...))

Drink it   drink it   drink it  drink it   drink it   drink it   drink it   PUT IT IN YOUR HEAD!

The guy who has boots is ineffectually humping a big chunk of metal geometry so he's a bit busy right now. You do however manage to grab some semi-flat bits of junk to use as shoes. Namely, a book and what appears to be a couch cushion.

Sip potion slowly.
lets see....no one put your potion on the wiki. Alright, lets just go check the thread. ...You appear never to have chosen one.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=146943.0

Please go do that.

“So, how's your day going? Done anything interesting? Shot anybody else? Did you have anything good for breakfast?”
Make small talk
...Well ok.

Thats as small as I can make it.

Ha.

You keep blathering at the scientists, who , for their part, don't shoot you despite the fact that like 90% of what you say is unintelligible. Eventually they lower their weapons and one of them politely tells you not to move your arms.

Pan grabs the new guy by the shoulder.

"Young grasshopper, you can't just go and grab those rods. I'm all for brute forcing the issue, but I really need as many meatshields as I can right now. No, if space magic don't work..."

He holds up a few dense metal discs in his hand

"We'll just have to use metal bits flying at high speeds. Be a sport and try to go open the door when I tell you, yeah?"

Use mass amp to shoot my metal discs at the rods. at high speed. to break them.

Do keep my distance, and observe what happens. If nothing drastic happens, tell Ian to go and try to open the door.

The metal disks, which I won't ask where came from, maybe you just have them, I can't be bothered to check, fly towards the rods and then, when they get close, stop dead and fall to the ground as though dropped. Hm.

You tell ian to open the door.

Xan resists the temptation to lick his lips at the sight of someone's skin flying off.
"Wonder if he's still alive. Hmm."

Cautiously go toward Jack and poke his foot to see if he's still alive. Keep an eye on any vent openings in case that skin tries ambushing me.

Stay away from anyone else doing things with their potions.

Jack is alive. You can tell that from the gurgling. He is also in about as good of shape as someone who has just lost all their skin can be in. Ie, man needs medical attention badly.

Try and wake up.
Hehe ooohh, you really don't want to do that right now. People who have no skin and are also alive and conscious usually lose one of those conditions fairly quickly.

Fine, fine, you win this time...

Attempt to open the door if given the queue by Pancaek. Otherwise continue to stay out of his crosshairs in case something goes horribly wrong.
Open how, specifically. Just try to guess the code or what?

It's important, I have to know exactly how to maim you.

Become so bored from nothing happening that I drink my potion.

"Here goes nothing!"

"Or at the least, horrible, horrible, beautiful something."
Irresponsible drinking is always the best solution to boredom.

Oh wait, you have the same one as Corsair. Oh well. You now have a fist full of snot. Neat eh?

Walk away from the area of craziness, and try to find a private place to reside in to drink my newly acquired booze.
You walk away from all this....what ever the fuck they're doing. Drinking potions and shooting lightning bolts and generally acting like some sort of cross between the donner party and a LARP.  You crawl through the barricades and into the barracks, choosing a bed at random and sitting down before taking a swig of the HMRC standard.

You then spend the next 30 seconds coughing and wheezing because HMRC standard has a proof rivaling pure industrial ethanol. It does, however, get the job done and you're already feeling pretty damn buzzed.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26699 on: January 19, 2015, 05:55:07 pm »

Hmm. Anyone around here dead or unconscious and doesn't really need their skin?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1778 1779 [1780] 1781 1782 ... 2101