_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1776 1777 [1778] 1779 1780 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5821932 times)

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: And I heard, as it were the noise of thunder.
« Reply #26655 on: January 09, 2015, 06:47:25 pm »

The fingers! Wiggle the fingers! Also, I meant more along the lines of: can I see anything. Can I hear anything. Can I feel anything. Am I being moved anywhere? Can I taste anything. Can I smell anything. Can I sense anything through telepathic probing. Do I even have telepathic powers? If yes, hooray! Celebrate by telepathically broadcasting an annoying song. If not, I must not be concentrating hard enough, try again.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: And I heard, as it were the noise of thunder.
« Reply #26656 on: January 09, 2015, 07:12:21 pm »

Stand a little further away from auron to see if the dreadar increases or diminishes.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26657 on: January 10, 2015, 01:21:50 am »

Xan's just gonna sit on the wall and ignore everything happening for a little while in order not to do something that'd compromise his cover.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26658 on: January 10, 2015, 01:41:13 am »

attempt to find something to use as a pegleg, preferably without entering the anomaly.

Also: are there any robobodies nearby? Can i stll enter the barracks?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26659 on: January 10, 2015, 07:04:49 am »

Keep standing around. Observe people doing whatever they are doing.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26660 on: January 10, 2015, 10:28:31 am »

Describe the glowing metal block and the fire to the scientists, then examine the block for possible paths I could walk or climb up to the fire. Walk a full circle around it, just so I don't miss anything.

Lastly, touch the block with the edge of my datapad, to see if it causes the digitization effect, as well.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26661 on: January 10, 2015, 06:01:08 pm »

Politely relieve the man of his alcoholic beverages.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26662 on: January 10, 2015, 06:43:50 pm »

Ian, being unsure, attempts something different.

Does this tool have any flex to it? If so, put it on my hand the best I can and attempt to grab one of the rods with it, and try to pull the rod out of the wall without falling into some others. If I have socks then I should put those on my hands, and my pants on my arms..
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 06:46:32 pm by HavingPhun »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26663 on: January 10, 2015, 07:40:23 pm »

think about these rods, where they came from and how to disable/circumvent them

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26664 on: January 12, 2015, 03:32:02 pm »

The fingers! Wiggle the fingers! Also, I meant more along the lines of: can I see anything. Can I hear anything. Can I feel anything. Am I being moved anywhere? Can I taste anything. Can I smell anything. Can I sense anything through telepathic probing. Do I even have telepathic powers? If yes, hooray! Celebrate by telepathically broadcasting an annoying song. If not, I must not be concentrating hard enough, try again.
oh,no you can see, hear and feel just fine. You're still just standing in the hall where you were shot. The guy appears to have hit you with the stun setting on his rifle. Or more correctly, the paralyze setting.

wiggle fingers eh?

You wiggle a few of your fingers, causing electricity to arc between them.

Stand a little further away from auron to see if the dreadar increases or diminishes.
It appears to encompass this entire area.

Xan's just gonna sit on the wall and ignore everything happening for a little while in order not to do something that'd compromise his cover.
Cover as what, exactly?

attempt to find something to use as a pegleg, preferably without entering the anomaly.

Also: are there any robobodies nearby? Can i stll enter the barracks?

There aren't any unoccupied bodies around, if thats what you mean, but you can still get into the barracks, and the hanger if you feel like prying open the door and maybe putting everyone into hard vacuum.

Keep standing around. Observe people doing whatever they are doing.
People aren't doing much, to the point that I feel I might have to start lighting fires under collective asses to get some action.

Describe the glowing metal block and the fire to the scientists, then examine the block for possible paths I could walk or climb up to the fire. Walk a full circle around it, just so I don't miss anything.

Lastly, touch the block with the edge of my datapad, to see if it causes the digitization effect, as well.

You wander around the block; it's a very non-standard shape and lacks any obvious climbing points, but you think you could probably get to the top via a rather long and winding path, keeping to the flattest sections and slowly moving upward.

The scientists tell you that you should definitely get a better look at the fire, since it seems like the block might actually be the physical section of the ship in this dimension.

The block itself seems immune to the digitizing effect and and doesn't digitize other objects either.

Politely relieve the man of his alcoholic beverages.
You just dig through the man's bag and steal the booze. Honestly, some people are so damn thick. You're tempted to politely hit him with the bottle.

Ian, being unsure, attempts something different.

Does this tool have any flex to it? If so, put it on my hand the best I can and attempt to grab one of the rods with it, and try to pull the rod out of the wall without falling into some others. If I have socks then I should put those on my hands, and my pants on my arms..
It has no bend to it, it's just a solid metal piece.

think about these rods, where they came from and how to disable/circumvent them
The rods have nothing to do with the current situation. They were always here, part of the security and containment measures of the R&D section.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26665 on: January 12, 2015, 03:41:36 pm »

Experiment to see if I can project the arcs of electricity
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26666 on: January 12, 2015, 03:53:05 pm »

Test if the wristpad messaging system still functions by attempting to send a small test message to Lab Overseer Clark. Whether or not it does, begin climbing up that path. Take the "shoes" off once I'm not standing on the digitizing ground, if it would help me climb.

Oh, and it's been a while since the Antarctic blast incident. How am I feeling?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26667 on: January 12, 2015, 04:31:31 pm »

Head over to the barracks, open my footlocker.

Grab out a roboleg and set about trying to replace my missing lower leg.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26668 on: January 12, 2015, 06:21:45 pm »

((I feel like this thing could be used to get me into R&D somehow, though it may just be something you wear on your foot for more grip.))

"Huh, well then, this thing is useless!"

Go find the scientists, and smack Donald in the back of the head with the noduled side of the tool to see what happens. Attempt to charm the scientists into explaining what the tool does with Ian's "excellent" conversation skills.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26669 on: January 12, 2015, 06:51:16 pm »

Xan's cover as Dan The Normal Nonsuspicious Person.
Now that composure has been collected ... shit, I dunno. Not much is happening right now. Take the hint PW's giving people and try to find something that'd protect me from the digitization effect so I can explore the anomalic area? Inquire with the scientists as to if they have any equipment to that effect.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1776 1777 [1778] 1779 1780 ... 2101