_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1775 1776 [1777] 1778 1779 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5818619 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: And I heard, as it were the noise of thunder.
« Reply #26640 on: January 07, 2015, 09:18:49 am »

Ask politely for some booze.

"Hella there, mind givin' this man ah nice drink of booze? Ah kinda need it before ah lose my mind in this hellhole."
"Booze? 'Praps after all this is sorted out, until then I wouldn't really suggest it, I'm also not totally sure that 1 in 5 bottles won't send you insane anyway.

Also,

"Whatever, details."
"Details? That's some pretty big fine print you're chucking out there.
Ah well, considering the fact that I am entirely useless here, anyone planning on exploring that place need a laser rifle?"
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: And I heard, as it were the noise of thunder.
« Reply #26641 on: January 07, 2015, 12:12:17 pm »

"I'll take it, I guess."
Take Execute/dumbo's offered laser rifle.

When no one responds to his request for duct tape, Hasala sighs exasperatedly and looks around, noticing Kyle's backpack. "Hey Kyle, what have you got in there?"

Rummage around in Kyle's backpack until I find his duct tape. Mutter things about unhelpful teammates in Arabic. Then use possibly-forcibly-acquired duct tape to make "shoes". Specifically, make two rings just large enough for my feet and tape one of them each to the bottle and the lamp body, removing the lampshade. No tape goes on the bottom, or even the side. The applied tape should look roughly like slippers.

If all goes well, put the "shoes" on and test them out a bit in the hallway. If I can walk fairly normally in them, step through the portal and set off for the nearest building. Leave the duct tape behind, in case anyone wants to make their own "shoes".

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26642 on: January 07, 2015, 12:26:02 pm »

...I can't right now. Gonna sit down for a bit.

Go over to a relatively safe area near what's happening with the scientists and Dr. Clark and just ... sit against a wall and brood for a while.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26643 on: January 07, 2015, 03:47:09 pm »

"Just out of interest, yeah, where is he now, in his fused state?"

Ask this of squid!
"The artifact is in the R&D lab."

attempt movement. Any sort of movement is acceptable
You can wiggle your ears. Which is odd because you couldn't do that before you were frozen.

"Hmm, perhaps I can grab it with something around my hand..."
Assuming I have a shirt, take off my shirt and wrap it around the arm and hand I wish to grab the tool with, attempt to grab it with utter disregard to the rods. If I succeed, attempt to ascertain what exactly the tool might do.
You manage to grab the tool, but accidentally touch the rod with your covered hand. Luckily you manage to get the fabric off you before the melting effect reaches your hand. You watch as the fabric melts and vibrates out of existence.

The tool appears to be some sort of foot...thing. Like something that would be strapped to your boot, sort of like Gripons. It has a half dozen small blue nodules on the bottom of it.

Ask politely for some booze.

Hella there, mind givin' this man ah nice drink of booze? Ah kinda need it before ah lose my mind in this hellhole.
You ask politely. Lets see if he'll give politely. You may have to politely shank him and steal it for him to even notice you.

(I edited that for. . . .  Reasons. . . . God. . .  Trying to get back into something after being one of the firstand then disappearing is hard. . . )
You might just want to make a new character. It might be easier.

"I'll take it, I guess."
Take Execute/dumbo's offered laser rifle.

When no one responds to his request for duct tape, Hasala sighs exasperatedly and looks around, noticing Kyle's backpack. "Hey Kyle, what have you got in there?"

Rummage around in Kyle's backpack until I find his duct tape. Mutter things about unhelpful teammates in Arabic. Then use possibly-forcibly-acquired duct tape to make "shoes". Specifically, make two rings just large enough for my feet and tape one of them each to the bottle and the lamp body, removing the lampshade. No tape goes on the bottom, or even the side. The applied tape should look roughly like slippers.

If all goes well, put the "shoes" on and test them out a bit in the hallway. If I can walk fairly normally in them, step through the portal and set off for the nearest building. Leave the duct tape behind, in case anyone wants to make their own "shoes".

You can walk somewhat awkwardly in your new shoes, enough to get around but not enough to really run or anything.

...I can't right now. Gonna sit down for a bit.

Go over to a relatively safe area near what's happening with the scientists and Dr. Clark and just ... sit against a wall and brood for a while.
Activating anime villain mode.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #26644 on: January 07, 2015, 03:56:05 pm »

F yeah! Let's explore an anomolaly.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26645 on: January 07, 2015, 04:56:00 pm »

Intensify the wiggling! Also, maybe try to figure out what's going on around me.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26646 on: January 07, 2015, 05:03:15 pm »

Activate Anti-Spiral Giga Drill Break

And the R&D lab is probably blocked off. Of course. Does anyone have a spare amp? Anyone dead have an amp I could steal?

If amps are available, rip them out of the relevant dead people's brains and pocket it for later.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 05:05:07 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26647 on: January 07, 2015, 06:12:21 pm »

Ah well, considering the fact that I am entirely useless here, anyone planning on exploring that place need a laser rifle?"
"Nah man, this is space magic we're talking about here. Things like 'how' and 'why' don't really matter."

"Now then, I'm just gonna go wander a bit. Maybe rest up. See if I can't find something to eat."

He makes overexxagerated wink wink, nudge nudge moverment towards his fellow inmates, with his back towards the scientists

"I'll be right back"

Walk over to the R&D lab entrance. Don't actually go in, see if I actually can get in and if there's anyone home first

Also, mind dig about:

-information about the artifact

-How the fusing happened

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26648 on: January 07, 2015, 06:43:56 pm »

And the R&D lab is probably blocked off. Of course. Does anyone have a spare amp? Anyone dead have an amp I could steal?

"Spare amp? Amplifiers can only be used after being surgically implanted into your brain. I doubt anyone will have a spare. They're stored in the infirmary, I think, so you might be able to get one, if you can get back there. As for the dead... Ciel had one, though good luck finding it. Even if it didn't melt, her skeleton walked off somewhere."

Head into the anomaly, and start walking towards the nearest building. Take a closer look at the wireframe items as I pass them. Grab any wireframe footwear if I pass any. Gloves, too.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26649 on: January 07, 2015, 09:20:55 pm »

You manage to grab the tool, but accidentally touch the rod with your covered hand. Luckily you manage to get the fabric off you before the melting effect reaches your hand. You watch as the fabric melts and vibrates out of existence.

The tool appears to be some sort of foot...thing. Like something that would be strapped to your boot, sort of like Gripons. It has a half dozen small blue nodules on the bottom of it.

Ian, perplexed by this strange tool begins to use it in many ways to determine it's function.

Press the nodules in, perhaps this is a remote and those it's buttons. Anything written on the nodules? Try pressing the nodules into the keypad to see if it unlocks. Does it interact with the rods in any strange ways? Such as being attracted to them or changing it's properties while near, not touching the rods with it though. If all else fails attempt to stick it on my foot and see what happens..

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26650 on: January 07, 2015, 11:46:06 pm »

Adding some dead meat.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26651 on: January 08, 2015, 08:31:29 am »

go collect my spiderbot and find out what happened to the poor sap it maimed.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26652 on: January 08, 2015, 07:52:38 pm »

Stand near Skull Dude and Think intuitively about the current predicament
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26653 on: January 09, 2015, 06:33:24 pm »

F yeah! Let's explore an anomolaly.
Your enthusiasm is noted. You may want to find a way to not die in there first though. Since you can't fly or anything. Maybe the shoes idea is worth stealing.

Intensify the wiggling! Also, maybe try to figure out what's going on around me.
Well, you appear to be scary as fuck. So the scientists paralyzed you. Although, I suppose you could try and move your arms, but that might be dangerous depending how you do it.

Activate Anti-Spiral Giga Drill Break

If amps are available, rip them out of the relevant dead people's brains and pocket it for later.
I don't think we have any corpses with amps, unfortunately.

"Nah man, this is space magic we're talking about here. Things like 'how' and 'why' don't really matter."

"Now then, I'm just gonna go wander a bit. Maybe rest up. See if I can't find something to eat."

He makes overexxagerated wink wink, nudge nudge moverment towards his fellow inmates, with his back towards the scientists

"I'll be right back"

Walk over to the R&D lab entrance. Don't actually go in, see if I actually can get in and if there's anyone home first

Also, mind dig about:

-information about the artifact

-How the fusing happened

You know the drill. Outer door is open, inner door is closed, rods that fuck people up.

Lets see...artifact was acquired a while ago by a past crew. They took it out some sort of alien space probe which was slowly drifting through space, releasing bursts of low level radiation.

Uhhh...something about touching it without a suit. Always use protection, kids.

"Spare amp? Amplifiers can only be used after being surgically implanted into your brain. I doubt anyone will have a spare. They're stored in the infirmary, I think, so you might be able to get one, if you can get back there. As for the dead... Ciel had one, though good luck finding it. Even if it didn't melt, her skeleton walked off somewhere."

Head into the anomaly, and start walking towards the nearest building. Take a closer look at the wireframe items as I pass them. Grab any wireframe footwear if I pass any. Gloves, too.
You hobble into the Anomaly and start walking around in a slow, unsteady, methodical fashion, stepping carefully between the random junk on the ground. You get about 30 feet out and then look back at the hole you entered through. The hole is a strangely glowing wound in the size of a massive irregularly shaped black metal block, which is sitting, lopsided, in the middle of these fields of green data. It's glowing slightly, and there's what looks like a small fire burning near the top.

Ian, perplexed by this strange tool begins to use it in many ways to determine it's function.

Press the nodules in, perhaps this is a remote and those it's buttons. Anything written on the nodules? Try pressing the nodules into the keypad to see if it unlocks. Does it interact with the rods in any strange ways? Such as being attracted to them or changing it's properties while near, not touching the rods with it though. If all else fails attempt to stick it on my foot and see what happens..
You press on the nodules. You feel them vibrating slightly under your finger. Nothing is written on them, or anywhere on the thing, and it doesn't seem to interact with the rods. You put it on and try resting some weight on it. It doesn't feel any different, except that you seem to have a better grip and stability with it.

Adding some dead meat.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh dear, another one. You sure you want to start now, in the middle of all this?

go collect my spiderbot and find out what happened to the poor sap it maimed.
Well, he got the technicolor wonder arms. But that was unrelated.

Stand near Skull Dude and Think intuitively about the current predicament
Skull dude? Which one is skull dude? Auron? He is wearing a skull. Hm.

You have a vague feeling of dread, but thats about it.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #26654 on: January 09, 2015, 06:40:14 pm »

Kyle looks down.
"Why aren't shoes part of the on ship uniform? That's seriously weird. I didn't notice until just now but this could be a real safety hazard."
Pages: 1 ... 1775 1776 [1777] 1778 1779 ... 2101