_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1774 1775 [1776] 1777 1778 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5818621 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: And I heard, as it were the noise of thunder.
« Reply #26625 on: January 06, 2015, 10:22:49 am »

"Oh shit, I may be on to something. Hey guys, so here's the deal. The artifact is scanning shit and that pocket dimension is part of it, or something. That's not important right now. I mean, it is, but who's honestly surprised at these kind of artifact shenanigans at this point?"

Pan Looks over to the squid scientist

"Hey, squid...dude...sir? Whatever, HEY TENTACLES! Did you, by any chance, happen to have lost an assistant to this artifact or other artifacts recently?"

Converse with squid scientist. ALso think about:

-If I can remember where this database is

-If I can remember the connection between this pocket dimension and the artifact and how to sever it

solarlight

• Bay Watcher
  • Arrow from the forest.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: And I heard, as it were the noise of thunder.
« Reply #26626 on: January 06, 2015, 12:53:27 pm »

Keep writing, for science! Also be ready to avoid danger, kind of a usefull thing to do. Keep observing, keep an open mind.

"Well, atleast when I die. I'll have some funky memories to entertain myself with where ever"

Hai

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26627 on: January 06, 2015, 04:07:22 pm »

Explore the Ship? I dunno. Haven't really left the area in a while.
Unfortunately there's not a whole lot to see right now...most places are closed off. Though, you could volunteer to explore the anomaly. We'll just sign you up for that.

Look around for doors that didn't disappear that aren't the R and D Department.

Lets see here...Barracks, I don't remember if the hanger did...the briefing room is still there...not a lot of places to go, honestly.

((The hangar door is still there, last anyone checked, though the hangar itself was in vacuum.))

Lamp? I'm assuming of this general shape?

Prepare dynamic Handiwork bonus. Ask the scientists if I could borrow a laser rifle or a cutting torch or something for a moment.
"I'm going to need something to cut with. Could I borrow one of those rifles for a second?"

Alternatively, if someone with a bonus to Handiwork and something to cut with offers to help, hand them the lampshade and bottle.
Something like that, though the body is bigger.

You attempt to cut up the digitized object, however it proves impossible. The thing sort of...swells and changes color as the laser hits it, as though absorbing it. As soon as the firing is stopped it returns to its original form. Huh.

Well, time to get the duct tape and just strap them to your feet.

"He he he! Come to me my precious!"

Attempt to grab the 'Tool' without touching the rods. If I manage to grab the tool, what does it look like? Any buttons, or knobs, is it electronic? Is it even a tool?
Lets see...carefully grabbing something without touching something else...thats a dex roll...and you have -1 to dex.

You don't manage to grab it. Luckily you don't manage to grab a rod either, so at least there's that.

The spine puncher guy, you know? I put him in a armlock? Ah, let's just say I stopped at some point.
Yeah, he certainly seems to think you've let him go, so it's probably best to just go with it.

Standing 2: The Standing Returns
Standing 3: The Standing Strikes back.

“Oh, hello there! Say, would you happen to know what's up with that room over there? There's a door in there that seems to be broken, its doorknob is missing! Also there are some wierd rods in there, I tried to grab one to use in a manual override on the door, but instead it gave me a really good hallucination! My arms were all dubstep for a while! They still look wierd just not as wierd. Also, why are you pointing guns at me? That's not very nice. Also, what is this place? I thought I was supposed to be sent to a prison? I don't really know, I wasn't paying attention when they lectured me, so I don't know where I am or why I am here. If this is a prison its a really wierd one! I mean, I step out of my tube and the lights go out. And then there's friendly goo on the walls and someone gave me a rocket-assisted hug into a wall. Also, do you have any clothes? I think I forgot to get clothes when I stepped out of the tube.”
Motormouth? Motormouth. Also, resist the urge to gesture
They just sort of stand stock still, listening to you. Eventually, one of them pressed a button on their rifle, causing it to visibly shift configuration. He then proceeds to shoot you with it. It tingles a hell of a lot. You attempt to tell them that shooting people is double plus un-nice when you realize you're paralyzed. Oh. Thats Triple plus un-nice!

Stand still and wait for people with knowledge, experience, and items of clothing other than "Trousers" to solve the problem.
Well thats rather boring. Oh well. Speaking of trousers, ever seen the Wallace and gromit classic "The wrong trousers"? It's pretty good, though I prefer "A Grand day out" myself, though probably for completely different reasons than most.

Just making small talk while we wait.

"Well it appears that im not getting my leg back after all, but on the bright side digital boots look plausible, as do digital stepping stones."

Fire lasers at a distant wireframe object to determine if they go "boom" when cut.

If so, prevent the shoemaker from making shoes.

Ah. Sort of...invalidated this earlier didn't I. Hm. Sorry about that.

At least you don't waste any laser power.

Keep writing, for science! Also be ready to avoid danger, kind of a usefull thing to do. Keep observing, keep an open mind.

"Well, atleast when I die. I'll have some funky memories to entertain myself with where ever"

I'm not sure what the canon ER afterlife is. Probably something like the Void or maybe the Abyss. Or some similarly named unpleasant place.

Regardless, you keep an eye out and keep scrawling down notes on the back of your hand.

"Oh shit, I may be on to something. Hey guys, so here's the deal. The artifact is scanning shit and that pocket dimension is part of it, or something. That's not important right now. I mean, it is, but who's honestly surprised at these kind of artifact shenanigans at this point?"

Pan Looks over to the squid scientist

"Hey, squid...dude...sir? Whatever, HEY TENTACLES! Did you, by any chance, happen to have lost an assistant to this artifact or other artifacts recently?"

Converse with squid scientist. ALso think about:

-If I can remember where this database is

-If I can remember the connection between this pocket dimension and the artifact and how to sever it

"Yes, he became fused after he disobeyed experimental protocol. We have been unable to remove him."

Where it is? All around you. Well, all around this section of ship at least. You're trapped in an episode of reboot.

The artifact is probably scanning here because the assistant has memories of this place. Easiest way to sever the connection might be to kill the assistant, if such a thing can be done without killing the artifact too.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26628 on: January 06, 2015, 04:11:29 pm »

"Just out of interest, yeah, where is he now, in his fused state?"

Ask this of squid!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26629 on: January 06, 2015, 04:12:32 pm »

You didn't slap him with one of those rods that made that one guy's arms melt, did you?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26630 on: January 06, 2015, 04:17:53 pm »

attempt movement. Any sort of movement is acceptable
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26631 on: January 06, 2015, 04:19:39 pm »

"Hmm, perhaps I can grab it with something around my hand..."
Assuming I have a shirt, take off my shirt and wrap it around the arm and hand I wish to grab the tool with, attempt to grab it with utter disregard to the rods. If I succeed, attempt to ascertain what exactly the tool might do.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26632 on: January 06, 2015, 04:31:18 pm »

Head for the research labs

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26633 on: January 06, 2015, 05:01:22 pm »

"...Does anyone have duct tape?"

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26634 on: January 07, 2015, 12:02:31 am »

Victor, looking far more malnourished than usual, crawls out of a random vent, frightened, desperate, and nearly starving. He had been hiding from that watching, loud, eye for so long. . . . . he felt faint.

(Honestly, piecewise, I would not feel bad if you killed him off what then and there.)
(well. . . i seemed to have forgoten the fact that he gots blowed up, and managed to survive, and didnt just, survive his first and only mission. Plus, with his.current status. . . . . I think I might let him be and make another ridiculous character for this game. . . . A gun toteing child. . . . Has that been done?)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 08:06:32 am by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26635 on: January 07, 2015, 12:30:38 am »

((Isn't Victor just half a face attached to a robot cockroach body?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #26636 on: January 07, 2015, 04:35:15 am »

((Isn't Victor just half a face attached to a robot cockroach body?))
((He is not a literal cockroach man (although a visit to the Doctor could change that). Check the wiki.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26637 on: January 07, 2015, 05:03:45 am »

Pan looked around the room, taking in his comrades. There's really no reason he should do all this on his own, surely.

"Hey guys, by the way. All of this crap is caused by their assistant that got fused with the artifact. If we want to stop this, we need to either sever the connection the artifact has, or kill the assistant. But killing him might be bad mojo. And before you ask, I know this because a god told me so. Or I became a god and took the knowledge from between the strands of fate woven throughout the universe. I'm still not really clear on what happened."

He shrugs

"Whatever, details."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26638 on: January 07, 2015, 08:08:20 am »

(I edited that for. . . .  Reasons. . . . God. . .  Trying to get back into something after being one of the firstand then disappearing is hard. . . )
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26639 on: January 07, 2015, 08:21:55 am »

Ask politely for some booze.

Hella there, mind givin' this man ah nice drink of booze? Ah kinda need it before ah lose my mind in this hellhole.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars
Pages: 1 ... 1774 1775 [1776] 1777 1778 ... 2101