_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1714 1715 [1716] 1717 1718 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5928250 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: The Missions Restarteth
« Reply #25725 on: September 17, 2014, 04:22:39 pm »

"Some bastard might wanna play water-boy as well. Worth more than gold that shit is, in some places. We had a saying back in my army days: 'If it sounds and looks like a nun's hole, bring some liquid refreshments. It'll look better after a drink.' Mostly I brought rum, but I knew what they were saying."
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 04:24:23 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25726 on: September 17, 2014, 04:25:05 pm »

Han walks over to Milno, looking the man over before stepping forward to introduce himself. "Hello there, Milno, Han Thren at your service. While I am new to the ARM/HMRC, you will find that I am a trained sword-fighter, though I far from limit myself to one weapon. I am not sure how much use you would have for me, but if you find one I will endeavor to serve you in said venture to the best of my ability."

((Pardon the wall of text, Caellath. Han is an uncon user with 0 STR, END, and INT. He's basically designed around melee combat and agility.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25727 on: September 17, 2014, 04:26:38 pm »

Have a happy dream involving beating up the doctor as I die horrifically.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25728 on: September 17, 2014, 04:33:35 pm »

Volunteer for Missions 16 and 17. Actual availability depends on how the whole Doktor thing goes

Volunteers:

Mission 16
AoshimaMichio:Ulrich (first priority)
Doomblade187: HanThren (0 missions)
Grunhill:Renen
Kriellya: Skylar (Only option)
Tryrar:Michael(first Priority)
renegadelobser: Thaddeus(First Priority)

Mission 17
AoshimaMichio:Ulrich (Third Priority)
Beirus: Jason (First Highest Utmost Priority)
Grunhill:Renen
Illgeo:Markov (First Priority)
Lenglon
Lw:Mir
Toaster: Brother Lars
Nikitian: Dr. M.Sanctor
SeriousConcentrate: James Kelly
Tryrar:Michael(Second Priority)
Sambo
renegadelobster: Thaddeus(Second Priority)

Mission 18
AoshimaMichio:Ulrich (Second Priority)
Doomblade187: HanThren (0 missions)
Illgeo:Markov (Second Priority)
Knight Otu: Gorat
NAV: Dubley
Beirus: Jason (Second, Lowest, Don't really want to go on this one unless I have to Priority)
Morul Migurkeshin
Sambo

Accepted:
Mission 16

Mission 17

Mission 18
Harry:Chief

Doktor Stuff:

((Spoilered because of length))

Thaddeus stares at Dern for a bit before turning his attention back to the Doktor. "Huh. That looks painful. Anyways, I was thinking of some mods to try and help myself be more useful during black-ops missions. The main thing is, that after all of these mods I would like to still look like a fairly normal human.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thats about it, any thoughts, or ideas? I'd definitely be open to any of your suggestions on this. Oh, and before I forget, about what will that cost me?" 
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25729 on: September 17, 2014, 04:34:35 pm »

The Cam Eye goggles we had on Kano were particularly useful, as were the minicams. I was wondering if we might be able to get a larger Cam Eye camera... Could come in handy if we want a Cam Eye in an odd place, or just don't want to tie down one of us with wearing the goggles. Though for both of the cameras, I would be a little concerned about the wireless signals. They could stick out like a sore thumb, or they could just be more noise in the background. Hard to say until we're there.

Chats with Steve
Some small cameras and goggles would be fine. Though remote cam eyes seem a bit overkill.

As far as your lasers, I always just saw them as normal lasers but that could be charged, Samus style, with one being bigger then the other. And with the possible chance of hilariously putting the laser blast back through your own shoulder if it breaks.

Well, yes, but the exact specifics are what was never quite agreed on. Is the turn of charge-up mandatory? Is the turn of cooldown mandatory? Will the chance for epic backwards-firing failure only manifest if the cooldown is ignored? That sort of thing.

Also, I'd still like the different firing modes to be used sometimes. Here's what I was thinking, in order to simplify:

UV and IR: Normal, plain old boring lasers. Default is UV, same as regular lasers, but IR can be switched to if it can bypass some UWM standard anti-laser armor that depends on the UV.

Visible light: Basically just visible, with plenty of colors to choose from. Mostly for suppressing fire purposes.

Microwaves: Boil flesh and electrify metal, extend range to Extreme, but can't overcharge. (let's say the weapon overheats too much due to inductive heating or something)

X-Ray: Penetrates armor as ionizing radiation, very nasty and very damaging, but can only overcharge. (very hard to generate, there is always a delay for firing, so might as well fire at maximum power)

Think this would be simple enough to keep track of?
Sure. We'll worry about it more when someone starts using it. But that seems fine for now.

PW, small question: are there any restrictions to the kind of people we can send (e.g. no battlesuits because in their religion they represent the devil)? Secondly, how many people can this mission have maximally?

PW, could you please answer this? It's kinda important.

Important note: Before the beginning of this mission, the transport ship from Hephaestus meets up with the Sword and delivers its stuff.

It delivers Xan, 300 robosods with no gear, and prototypes of several new devices. There should be 6 MCP suits, 3 Testaments, 3 Spektrs, and 3 Radugas.

The problem is, I still haven't seen a Council-agreed write-up for the Spektr/Raduga weapons.

I'll try and do a write-up myself, but I'd really like some suggestions on how to reconcile the boring reality and the ingame mechanics.

If your idea isn't fully worked out yet, it might be better to postpone it for a mission than to rush it, don't you think? I know it'd be a shame, but since next mission will be leaving very shortly... Yeah. If you really want them to be available, then there's still a few things we'll need to know, such as price (need pw for that), strength requirements and power (for normal and overcharge shot). Oh, and the overcharge wait time we agreed on in the end (charge-shoot-no fire or charge, I think? I remember the last item was still 'contested' and that we'd ask pw's opinion on it?)

And I think we still need pyro's approval, as well as a minimum of testing on the shooting range, no?

EDIT: damn you ninja-Sean.
No restrictions. 15 max, but shoot more for 10 or so.

Important note: Before the beginning of this mission, the transport ship from Hephaestus meets up with the Sword and delivers its stuff.

It delivers Xan, 300 robosods with no gear, and prototypes of several new devices. There should be 6 MCP suits, 3 Testaments, 3 Spektrs, and 3 Radugas.

The problem is, I still haven't seen a Council-agreed write-up for the Spektr/Raduga weapons.

I'll try and do a write-up myself, but I'd really like some suggestions on how to reconcile the boring reality and the ingame mechanics.

If your idea isn't fully worked out yet, it might be better to postpone it for a mission than to rush it, don't you think? I know it'd be a shame, but since next mission will be leaving very shortly... Yeah. If you really want them to be available, then there's still a few things we'll need to know, such as price (need pw for that), strength requirements and power (for normal and overcharge shot). Oh, and the overcharge wait time we agreed on in the end (charge-shoot-no fire or charge, I think? I remember the last item was still 'contested' and that we'd ask pw's opinion on it?)

And I think we still need pyro's approval, as well as a minimum of testing on the shooting range, no?

EDIT: damn you ninja-Sean.
I think we kinda settled on the essentials. Spektr is 5 token, STR 4. Raduga is 11 token, STR 10. Nominal power is ~150% of Laser Rifle or Cutting Laser, respectively. Overcharge is double that. All that remains is the mechanics of the overcharge.

I think testing and prototyping are part of the R&D team's work, but yeah, I should at least notify Simus. PW, is it alright if I squeeze the FEL prototype testing into the pending update on Heph, or will we be sending them out blind?
You're killing me. Because I'm not supposed to do things without pyro's approval of it. He gets mad. Please ask him first. I don't care one way or another.

Quote from: Ulrich to Milno
I've picked more mechanic locks that electronic, but those aren't much greater challence.

For weapon skills, I would say bit below mercenary. After all, weapons were not my source of income. And purpose of this mission is not really kill anyone. Just shooting to ceiling and looking threatening can get one pretty far, if you were to rob bank during midday... which isn't very good idea.

You don't want me for my fighting skills, you want me for my experience in jobs like this.

Milno turns his head to face Ulrich instead of continuing to type more responses, since he isn't going to reveal anything secret just by talking. "I am trying to discover the extent of the skills you told me you have since I can't have you try them out right now, can I? We really don't wanna screw this up. But yeah, you don't seem terrible for the job so it's a possibility."

"Maximum number of people we can have in the missions?" he asks, turning his head to glance at Steve's synth-flesh avatar for a moment.

Ask Steve the max number of people we can have on the missions, for expediency's sake.
Shoot for 5. Probably best not to send a huge team. More people inevitably means more opportunity for problems.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25730 on: September 17, 2014, 04:34:58 pm »

PFP

I would be happy to go on any of the mission. No real preference, just whichever needs another body.

((Typical CON weapon user. And I know how to follow directions. Might have a couple of ideas for the bank mission, but we'll see where I end up getting seated, I guess. Could next person to post patch me into the listings?))
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25731 on: September 17, 2014, 04:36:13 pm »

Volunteer for Mission 17.

Versatile jack of all trades and all sorts of equipment with +2 CON. Gilgamesh. Rainbow Cannon. Looking to buy a mind control amp.

Spoiler: THE LIST (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25732 on: September 17, 2014, 04:39:23 pm »

Volunteer for Mission 17.

Versatile jack of all trades and all sorts of equipment with +2 CON. Gilgamesh. Rainbow Cannon. Looking to buy a mind control amp.

Spoiler: THE LIST (click to show/hide)

((Such an amp, with no flat +1? Daring!))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25733 on: September 17, 2014, 05:37:29 pm »

"I think I'm going to sit this one out.  I've been on three missions in a row or so, not to mention I could use a break from being beat up.  If one team really wants me I'll join it."
Not asking to get put on a mission.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25734 on: September 17, 2014, 05:58:40 pm »

Post.

((Don't worry, it's not really a wall of text.))

"Anything else you're good at?" he asks whilst mentally listing everyone who has already volunteered and the new faces who had given him at least an inkling of information about their skills. A good part were newbies, though at least Rookie and Skylark had also put their name forward. The possibility of shit happening meant they should have some good shooters, but Lars and Thomas were the best ones he knew.

He frowns as he considers the possibilities. "Deadline?"

Ask Steve if there's a deadline for the mission.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #25735 on: September 17, 2014, 06:01:16 pm »

Volunteer for 16 and 17. Avoid 18 because I have no combat experience and would probably get dead-ified really easily (more easily in comparison to the other missions)

(just noticed the oddity: we're on page 1716. 17 16. Just thought that was cool given the mission numbers)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 06:15:26 pm by Icefire2314 »
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25736 on: September 17, 2014, 06:17:44 pm »

We're also on page 515. Just after mission 15 managed to turn itself inside out and give a planet a giant new crater. :P

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #25737 on: September 17, 2014, 06:20:56 pm »

(Open some crates they said.

IT'll BE FUN THEY SAID.)
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25738 on: September 17, 2014, 07:17:02 pm »

((Post-debrief and fix-up I guess))

Cecil walks up to Milno and volunteers for the heist.

Hey Boss, I was thinkin'. I punch things good. That's not so good in a firefight. Could be useful and flashy for a heist. I've been known as a good ol' bruiser and interrogation help, if y'know what I mean.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25739 on: September 17, 2014, 07:29:28 pm »

Michael gets out of the VR and finds Milno to introduce himself. "Hello Milno, I'm Michael. I volunteered for your mission, so I thought I should introduce myself a little and tell you what skills I bring. I have extensive demolitions and explosives experience, for you know, when we need to get into the vault, and I do know which end of a gun to point at a person at least. As well, although I've never used one I could buy a MWM to use, as I know the theory of it's usage, though I'd prefer conventional weaponry." He pauses for a moment. "Oh, and on the mission to the arctic, I was one of the few people who didn't really screw up, though I couldn't claim to be totally competent like Mesk was."
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 08:12:49 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 1714 1715 [1716] 1717 1718 ... 2101