_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1713 1714 [1715] 1716 1717 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5928254 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: The Missions Restarteth
« Reply #25710 on: September 17, 2014, 03:37:50 pm »

As far as your lasers, I always just saw them as normal lasers but that could be charged, Samus style, with one being bigger then the other. And with the possible chance of hilariously putting the laser blast back through your own shoulder if it breaks.

Well, yes, but the exact specifics are what was never quite agreed on. Is the turn of charge-up mandatory? Is the turn of cooldown mandatory? Will the chance for epic backwards-firing failure only manifest if the cooldown is ignored? That sort of thing.

Also, I'd still like the different firing modes to be used sometimes. Here's what I was thinking, in order to simplify:

UV and IR: Normal, plain old boring lasers. Default is UV, same as regular lasers, but IR can be switched to if it can bypass some UWM standard anti-laser armor that depends on the UV.

Visible light: Basically just visible, with plenty of colors to choose from. Mostly for suppressing fire purposes.

Microwaves: Boil flesh and electrify metal, extend range to Extreme, but can't overcharge. (let's say the weapon overheats too much due to inductive heating or something)

X-Ray: Penetrates armor as ionizing radiation, very nasty and very damaging, but can only overcharge. (very hard to generate, there is always a delay for firing, so might as well fire at maximum power)

Think this would be simple enough to keep track of?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25711 on: September 17, 2014, 03:39:01 pm »

PW, small question: are there any restrictions to the kind of people we can send (e.g. no battlesuits because in their religion they represent the devil)? Secondly, how many people can this mission have maximally?

PW, could you please answer this? It's kinda important.

Important note: Before the beginning of this mission, the transport ship from Hephaestus meets up with the Sword and delivers its stuff.

It delivers Xan, 300 robosods with no gear, and prototypes of several new devices. There should be 6 MCP suits, 3 Testaments, 3 Spektrs, and 3 Radugas.

The problem is, I still haven't seen a Council-agreed write-up for the Spektr/Raduga weapons.

I'll try and do a write-up myself, but I'd really like some suggestions on how to reconcile the boring reality and the ingame mechanics.

If your idea isn't fully worked out yet, it might be better to postpone it for a mission than to rush it, don't you think? I know it'd be a shame, but since next mission will be leaving very shortly... Yeah. If you really want them to be available, then there's still a few things we'll need to know, such as price (need pw for that), strength requirements and power (for normal and overcharge shot). Oh, and the overcharge wait time we agreed on in the end (charge-shoot-no fire or charge, I think? I remember the last item was still 'contested' and that we'd ask pw's opinion on it?)

And I think we still need pyro's approval, as well as a minimum of testing on the shooting range, no?

EDIT: damn you ninja-Sean.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25712 on: September 17, 2014, 03:42:14 pm »

Volenteer for Mission 17.
Qualifications: Surgeon. Also pilot and magic calculator-proficient.
General Miyamoto, if I may. I would like to volunteer for your mission. I humbly suggest that my medical talents might be of use there, and I am confident of my ability to apply lethal force where needed. I might be also better conditioned to resist mind altering, should we run into such danger.

Volunteers:
Mission 16
AoshimaMichio:Ulrich (first priority)
Doomblade187: HanThren (0 missions)
Grunhill:Renen
Kriellya: Skylar (Only option)

Mission 17
AoshimaMichio:Ulrich (Third Priority)
Beirus: Jason (First Priority)
Illgeo:Markov (First Priority)
Lenglon
Lw:Mir
Toaster: Brother Lars
Nikitian: Dr. M.Sanctor

Mission 18
AoshimaMichio:Ulrich (Second Priority)
Illgeo:Markov (Second Priority)
Knight Otu: Gorat
NAV: Dubley
Beirus: Jason (Second Priority)

Accepted:
Mission 16

Mission 17

Mission 18
Harry:Chief
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25713 on: September 17, 2014, 03:46:42 pm »

Quote from: Ulrich to Milno
I've picked more mechanic locks that electronic, but those aren't much greater challence.

For weapon skills, I would say bit below mercenary. After all, weapons were not my source of income. And purpose of this mission is not really kill anyone. Just shooting to ceiling and looking threatening can get one pretty far, if you were to rob bank during midday... which isn't very good idea.

You don't want me for my fighting skills, you want me for my experience in jobs like this.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 03:48:56 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #25714 on: September 17, 2014, 03:51:48 pm »

Brother Lars turned to Maurice. "Brother Maurice, it is good to see you again.  Have you been well?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #25715 on: September 17, 2014, 03:54:16 pm »

Important note: Before the beginning of this mission, the transport ship from Hephaestus meets up with the Sword and delivers its stuff.

It delivers Xan, 300 robosods with no gear, and prototypes of several new devices. There should be 6 MCP suits, 3 Testaments, 3 Spektrs, and 3 Radugas.

The problem is, I still haven't seen a Council-agreed write-up for the Spektr/Raduga weapons.

I'll try and do a write-up myself, but I'd really like some suggestions on how to reconcile the boring reality and the ingame mechanics.

If your idea isn't fully worked out yet, it might be better to postpone it for a mission than to rush it, don't you think? I know it'd be a shame, but since next mission will be leaving very shortly... Yeah. If you really want them to be available, then there's still a few things we'll need to know, such as price (need pw for that), strength requirements and power (for normal and overcharge shot). Oh, and the overcharge wait time we agreed on in the end (charge-shoot-no fire or charge, I think? I remember the last item was still 'contested' and that we'd ask pw's opinion on it?)

And I think we still need pyro's approval, as well as a minimum of testing on the shooting range, no?

EDIT: damn you ninja-Sean.
I think we kinda settled on the essentials. Spektr is 5 token, STR 4. Raduga is 11 token, STR 10. Nominal power is ~150% of Laser Rifle or Cutting Laser, respectively. Overcharge is double that. All that remains is the mechanics of the overcharge.

I think testing and prototyping are part of the R&D team's work, but yeah, I should at least notify Simus. PW, is it alright if I squeeze the FEL prototype testing into the pending update on Heph, or will we be sending them out blind?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25716 on: September 17, 2014, 03:59:52 pm »

Even though everyone wants on it, volunteer for Mission 17 anyway. Qualifications: Being Jim possesses and has skill with microwave and mass manipulation amps with a perfect decompensator to prevent accidents, strong physical combatant with an intimidating/unusual body if that turns out to matter.

Volunteers:
Mission 16

Mission 17
Lenglon
SeriousConcentrate: James Kelly

Mission 18

Accepted:
Mission 16

Mission 17

Mission 18
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25717 on: September 17, 2014, 04:01:23 pm »

Volunterring for Mission 16, demolitions expertise could come in handy when faced with a bank vault, or for general mayhem. If i don't get in, then go for Mission 17.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25718 on: September 17, 2014, 04:02:17 pm »

Volunteer for mission 18. I have an amp and the skill to use it, a Civic Longcoat, and a decent conwep skill.

Volunteers:
Mission 16

Mission 17
Lenglon

Mission 18
Morul Migurkeshin

Accepted:
Mission 16

Mission 17

Mission 18
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25719 on: September 17, 2014, 04:07:05 pm »

Woops, forgot to repost this

Volunteers:
Mission 16
Tryrar:Michael(first Priority)

Mission 17
Lenglon
Tryrar:Michael(Second Priority)

Mission 18
Morul Migurkeshin

Accepted:
Mission 16

Mission 17

Mission 18
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #25720 on: September 17, 2014, 04:08:03 pm »

Volunteer for mission 17 and mission 18.

"Yeah, that sounds like me. I get along with cunts great. Plus I've been dying to show some locals this laser. Fuck yeah! I'm in Miyamoto. I'll only shoot the pricks ya want me too. If not, then we'll see who eats ice faster, a nut-job's bullshit or a regenerating laser rifle."

Turn off kinetic amp. Take laser rifle and backpack generator from the Chief. Go to food dispenser. Press buttons. Get and eat food.

Volunteers:
Mission 16

Mission 17
Lenglon
Sambojin: Sambo

Mission 18
Morul Migurkeshin
Sambojin: Sambo (second priority)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 04:15:36 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25721 on: September 17, 2014, 04:10:11 pm »

I think I'll change my priority a little. I want to stick with Mesk and Jim, since they might have an interest in keeping me alive to repay them.
Volunteers:
Mission 16

Mission 17
Beirus: Jason (First Highest Utmost Priority)
Lenglon
Sambo

Mission 18
Beirus: Jason (Second, Lowest, Don't really want to go on this one unless I have to Priority)
Morul Migurkeshin
Sambo

Accepted:
Mission 16

Mission 17

Mission 18
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25722 on: September 17, 2014, 04:11:00 pm »

Just an update from the wiki. This is what I currently have for the list.

Spoiler: THE LIST (click to show/hide)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25723 on: September 17, 2014, 04:15:16 pm »

Smiling to greet Brother Lars, Maurice replied:
Thank Steve Almighty, I have. The stasis dementia seems to have subsided, and now I appear fully restored since the unfortunate accident during the Defense.
Have the 'Corps life been forgiving to you lately? I'm happy to see you alive and well. Have any new Miracles of Steve been uncovered to you?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25724 on: September 17, 2014, 04:20:36 pm »

Quote from: Ulrich to Milno
I've picked more mechanic locks that electronic, but those aren't much greater challence.

For weapon skills, I would say bit below mercenary. After all, weapons were not my source of income. And purpose of this mission is not really kill anyone. Just shooting to ceiling and looking threatening can get one pretty far, if you were to rob bank during midday... which isn't very good idea.

You don't want me for my fighting skills, you want me for my experience in jobs like this.

Milno turns his head to face Ulrich instead of continuing to type more responses, since he isn't going to reveal anything secret just by talking. "I am trying to discover the extent of the skills you told me you have since I can't have you try them out right now, can I? We really don't wanna screw this up. But yeah, you don't seem terrible for the job so it's a possibility."

"Maximum number of people we can have in the missions?" he asks, turning his head to glance at Steve's synth-flesh avatar for a moment.

Ask Steve the max number of people we can have on the missions, for expediency's sake.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 1713 1714 [1715] 1716 1717 ... 2101