_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937914 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@Nikitian: Sure, I will.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Dammit, randomly punch him to death. Also, set Renen to be aggressive, as in in a combative mood.
[Dex:5]
[Ren dex:1]
[str:5]
[ren end:2]
You draw your arm back and bring your fist into Renen's face again, the impact resulting in a spray of dark, clotting blood. Renen falls backward onto the headboard, unconscious.

((Well, actually, I was just standing (probably elated, as usual) in that room :) ))
Huh? No boarding parties incoming, no life suport or engines failure? Steve, you say, is everything alright then?

>Yeah, fine. Go back to your...whatever you're doing there.

Gonna have to explain what you want to do a bit more.
In a long recoil action, the barrel and bolt remain locked together during recoil, compressing the recoil spring or springs. Following this rearward movement, the bolt locks to the rear and the barrel is forced forward by the spring. The bolt is held in position until the barrel returns completely forward during which time the spent cartridge has been extracted and ejected, and a new shell has been positioned from the magazine. The bolt is released and forced closed by its recoil spring, chambering a fresh round.
((Long recoil, wikipedia, verbatim. I wanted to know if the gauss rifle could have its action converted to a long recoil mechanism in the hopes of nullyifing that 10% chance of being hurt by the kick from the weapon. Alternatively...))

Milno searches for a cheap way of dampening the gauss rifle's recoil.

Edit:
((Renen keeps smiling and trying to molest Empyrean even while she beats the crap out of him. Talk about dedication.))
Well the Guass rifle isn't designed to have it's barrel move, nor is there even a traditional bolt system, so long recoil actions like that won't work without modifying the rifle a good deal. However, what would work is basically taking the rifle butt, cutting it in two and then replacing a good bit of it with springs. What you'd have is the very end of the butt, where you put your shoulder, be solid, the middle be just springs, and those springs attach to the very front of the butt. As such, when you fire the springs in the butt would compress, like the suspension on a car, and lessen the impact.

((General info first, then anything known about their origins, construction, history, etc))
You scroll through a few dozen sites, trying to filter out the fact from the fiction. [int:3+1] Hmm, well it's pretty much universally agreed that the Arbiters are completely robotic, an extreme rarity when it comes to more complex machines. Their control units, their "brains", are hand made using billions of artificial neuro-circuits and cost as much as some battleships. As such they are rarely made and even more rarely used. Where exactly they are made is still unknown but many people assume their origin to be Hephaestus.

They first appeared, at least the first documentation of them appeared, during the end of the Altered wars. They were produced in greater numbers at that time and many of the units in service today are leftovers from that ancient war. They have seen sporadic production ever since, though many systems have outlawed their use as a War crime or Crime against humanity.

"AGH! Stay down!"
Thomas stomps on the back of his head as hard as he can.
[Dex:6-1]
[Man dex:2-1]
[str: 6-1]

You bring your heel down onto the back of the man's head repeatedly and with as much force as you can. He stops moving and the game plays a short jingle to announce your victory. The room fades and comes back a moment later with a new opponent. This time it's a rather large, muscular looking man holding a knife on one hand.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

"Oh... This won't be as easy, will it?"

Thomas tries to disarm the man, then stab him with his own knife.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Look up information on Altered and genetic engineering in general, especially the lines between what's allowed and what isn't, risks involved, and whether there's any regional differences in that sort of thing.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well the Guass rifle isn't designed to have it's barrel move, nor is there even a traditional bolt system, so long recoil actions like that won't work without modifying the rifle a good deal. However, what would work is basically taking the rifle butt, cutting it in two and then replacing a good bit of it with springs. What you'd have is the very end of the butt, where you put your shoulder, be solid, the middle be just springs, and those springs attach to the very front of the butt. As such, when you fire the springs in the butt would compress, like the suspension on a car, and lessen the impact.
((Sounds both good and simple. How much would it cost?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

Big Splash... :D
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Remove the suit and let it lie just beside my VR machine (if I'm not clothed under the suit, do so at the bunk, then put my clothing back, and return to the VR machines room).
Enter the tinker simulation and check the price on the gauss cannon power generator and the LESHO Rifle power generator; search the lists for a power generator with output of roughly 6 or 8 TPU per second, and a single capacitor of the same capacitance (check their prices).

Upon receiving Nick's voice message, Nikitian replied:
"Hmmm, you've already finished tinkering and set up that test simulation? Well, apparently I'm not ready yet, so - could we postpone the start a bit? Or, well, if you're feeling impatient for some reason," Nikitian smiled, "I can get there in a few moments, just let me finish my current research or there's the chance your infantry support will go there unarmed (I've reevaulated my Chimera gun design and might actually have to completely scrap it away).
By the way, do you know what that rocking a couple of minutes ago was? I don't know, but I have the feeling it has something to do with ending the current mission and preparing for the next, and, well, I guess we both would want to finish our research before the inescapable inter-mission hibernation period comes around."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:35:45 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

It felt to me like the Sword was firing its Gauss Cannons. That feeling can get fairly distinctive if it happens to you enough, and in my previous occupation, it did. The Magistrate I was working for liked to end engagements from his personal flagship, and those cannons had quite a kick to them. So yeah, I would bet that something unexpected happened at the mission site, and in a while, the mission site will be pulverized, just in case.

And if you need a bit to finish up your own personal tinkering, go ahead. I'll do a test sim without infantry support, and see how well my AMBP performs on its own.

Unpause the sim and see what's going on.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Thanks, and... sorry for letting you down. Didn't mean it this way when originally proposed the idea.
Oh, and this ship's gauss armaments firing?.. Seems pretty much like mopping up the stage. On the other hand, those comrades below on the surface of Styx - they have that shuttle, right? So they can probably escape before the research facility is completely destroyed - that is, if anyone is alive there yet.
Nah, let's hope for the best.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

They've got time to get out. Just not all that much.

And you're not "letting me down" or anything like that, if you need to finish up some research, go ahead. I'll just do a smaller test while I wait.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

Travis was worried. Was no one running this boat? A ship is only as good as its leader.

Travis looked for a random person, and asked who was in charge, and how he might contact him/her.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

Travis was worried. Was no one running this boat? A ship is only as good as its leader.

Travis looked for a random person, and asked who was in charge, and how he might contact him/her.

((No offense, but Travis' voice gives me a headache))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((No offense, but Travis' voice gives me a headache))

((At least it's readable without having to select it, unlike the Blue talkers.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Prosperus is probably using the default, not Darkling like you (I assume) or I. It doesn't bother me as much as the blue talkers for that reason, too.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

(Prosperus is probably using the default, not Darkling like you (I assume) or I. It doesn't bother me as much as the blue talkers for that reason, too.)

((yes, I am using default. I don't have a problem with the blue talkers but the yellow color doesn't work for me. But I'll stop complaining now :)

Edit: Problem solved: I switched...And the blue talkers are not that bad I think

)).
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:57:27 am by Prosperus »
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 2101