_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1671 1672 [1673] 1674 1675 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5926544 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #25080 on: June 16, 2014, 10:26:57 am »

Wake up and all the standard procedures and shit.
Jonathan approaches The Chief.
"Hello. You wouldn't know where I could find a pamphlet for this ship, would you?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25081 on: June 16, 2014, 11:39:01 am »

"Hello. You wouldn't know where I could find a pamphlet for this ship, would you?"

"Cahs?"

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25082 on: June 16, 2014, 11:58:18 am »

"Cahs?"
"Ah, it seems I have encountered the rare Homo Stupiditus! What a sight indeed. Now then, to commerate this ocassion, I must take pictures!
With that, he goes to the armory and looks around.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25083 on: June 16, 2014, 12:52:11 pm »

((Hmmm... I wanted to talk to  the AM but she's unavailable right now... I was going to talk to Steve, but I'd prefer to do that face to face...

Searching on the internet didn't turn out that well last time and I don't want to start randomly screaming things and punching people again...

Hey Lenglon, would you mind if I joined you?))
((not at all, that's why I opened it to extra players.))

If Lenglon\Lyra is OK with it, join her in Poacher as the hunter.

If I have to choose equipment, make it be the following if possible:

My face/body, complete with robo-legs. The clothes I normally wear.
Something to help with tracking\finding my way. A dog, a robodog, an automated scout drone, a map. Anything that you think would help me not go in circles like an idiot and at the same time wouldn't make me overpowered.
Some kind of melee weapon. Knife or machete or something.
Some kind of rifle. Maybe a Winchester rifle?
Maybe something to allow me to move faster? Like some kind of high jump boots or a horse?

I'm keeping it vague like that because I don't know what situation we'll be in and I don't want to make it unfair for Lenglon by choosing something overpowered.

But Lyra can choose my equipment if she wants to.

((I don't want to pick your equipment))

Waiting for Poacher to finish loading

oh, and Lyra never got the mission end tokens from mission 12. she didn't do a whole lot, but she was active for the ground action and attempted to engage and be helpful throughout. could she get the standard 5 tokens added to her current 3 for a total of 8?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 03:02:37 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25084 on: June 16, 2014, 06:20:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25085 on: June 17, 2014, 11:48:28 am »

See if the AM is back to the armory. If she is, ask what she thinks about the skull.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25086 on: June 17, 2014, 03:48:18 pm »

Cecil oozes out of his stasis pod, slumping to the floor before coughing up the stuff to clear his lungs.

Great, I think I know where I am. This isn't good.

Cecil grabs his clothes and puts them on before stepping out of the room to get a bearing on his situation and where he might arm himself and feed himself, not necessarily in that order.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25087 on: June 18, 2014, 10:35:36 am »

Defence of Hephaestus sounds good.
Alright. You want to be inserted in place of the spider tank? Or you want to have an NPC controlling that in your place?

((Hmmm... I wanted to talk to  the AM but she's unavailable right now... I was going to talk to Steve, but I'd prefer to do that face to face...

Searching on the internet didn't turn out that well last time and I don't want to start randomly screaming things and punching people again...

Join Lyra in Poacher as the hunter, since Lenglon said it's OK.

• My face/body, complete with robo-legs. The clothes I normally wear.
  • Cigarettes and something to light them with (matches,lighter or similar).
  • Something to help with tracking\finding my way. A dog, a robodog, an automated scout drone, a scout eye, a map, a wanted poster. Anything that you think would help me not go in circles like an idiot and at the same time wouldn't make me overpowered.
  • Some kind of melee weapon. Preferably something with a sharp edge, like a knife or machete or similar.
  • Some kind of rifle along with some ammo. Maybe a Winchester rifle?
  • Maybe something to allow me to be more mobile or move faster. Like some kind of high jump boots or climbing gear or a horse or a motorcycle or a bicycle or similar.

I'm keeping it vague like that because I don't know what situation we'll be in and I don't want to make it unfair for Lenglon by choosing something overpowered.

If everything is good, start the game.

((not at all, that's why I opened it to extra players.))

My face/body, complete with robo-legs. The clothes I normally wear.
Something to help with tracking\finding my way. A dog, a robodog, an automated scout drone, a map. Anything that you think would help me not go in circles like an idiot and at the same time wouldn't make me overpowered.
Some kind of melee weapon. Knife or machete or something.
Some kind of rifle. Maybe a Winchester rifle?
Maybe something to allow me to move faster? Like some kind of high jump boots or a horse?

((I don't want to pick your equipment))

Waiting for Poacher to finish loading

oh, and Lyra never got the mission end tokens from mission 12. she didn't do a whole lot, but she was active for the ground action and attempted to engage and be helpful throughout. could she get the standard 5 tokens added to her current 3 for a total of 8?
Alright. The jungle setting places you both in an alien rain forest, or at least thats the closest comparison you can come up with. The jungle is a hot, brutally humid place with towering, red, vaguely pear shaped trees topped boughs of wide palm fronds that almost entirely block out the sun below them. Insect like creatures with a two foot wingspan buzz about through the upper canopy and things that look like massive tape worms slowly slither through the layer of rotten foliage on the ground.

Lyra, you begin in a clearing of sorts, a small circle of bluish grass with a clear view of the pink sky and a wall of trees encircling it. 

Flint, You start on a sort of natural path through the forest, with nothing but trees in every direction around you. You've got some sort of monstrous, vaguely canine thing at your side: its got 8 thick legs ending in circular paws, with toes all along their circumference, no eyes, a huge constantly sniffing nose and a mouth that could easily engulf your head and snap shut with heavy, almost tusk like fangs. Your Melee weapon is a machete, Your rifle some sort of traditional explosive driven rifle with a side facing magazine and bolt action. Attached to your wrist is an almost batman style grappling hook.

grab little girl by the arm and lift her off the ground, flick her in the face and demand lunch money next opponent.

((I take it i failed my roll, although im unsure as to how i managed that.))
You grab the little girl by the arm and accidentally hurl her a good 40 feet in the air. Oops. Well, the fall counts as a win in your case so you advance to the next level: A big burly guy wielding a metal club.

since I died, might as well get my new sheet here now.

Name: Jonathan Frumpleton Somerset
Appearance: A tall, lanky man wearing one of those pink hawaian shirts with a flower motif that tourists in media tipically wear. Has a think, black mustache.
Personal information: One moment he claims to be a alien from far-off parts of the universe, the other he claims that he is a god from another dimension. In reality, Stanley is just some schmuck who went insane long ago. The only thing that's clear about him is that he loves exploring and touring new places. Also a cheapskate.
Reason assigned to HMRC: Signed up because it was cheaper than paying the money to tour the galaxy himself.
Stats:
Skills:
Profession: Transhuman
This needs to go on the wiki, since the space accountant is still working. Everyone go bug the space accountant!

continue punching things, go for a combo uppercut this time.

((I take it i failed my roll, although im unsure as to how i managed that.))

Someone is unfamiliar with the little girl, I take it.
I have a +2 bonus to Dex as well as a nuerophotonic spinal column and a +1 or +2 Str bonus added onto a metal fist, i figured id at least be able to bruise her arm and demand her lunch money.
What would you do If I said the little girl negates bonuses?

Awaken. Stir. Emerge. Flip. The four verbs that characterize any proper convict's arrival in the Paracelsus' Sword.

A rather large woman, no more anachronistic when looked upon than any other individual you'd see tumbling out of a stasis pod, given that she's naked as on the day she was born. Flopping blindly in a pile of stasis goo for a few moments, she gets her bearings, forcing her eyes open and looking around. She could not be like a fish forever, for she was Virrsai, no? The Chief? The Chief had their head held high, their posture proud and their appearance as dignified as possible.

Cahs notii? Cuur iss issmuh? Cahpatz iss issmuh nooklah ur cuuth cahdiim eezdahl? Viah iss issmuh meeruh? were some of the questions currently running through her head, and none seemed to have a clear answer. This was confusing, to say the least. She could hear voices on the air, speaking in the manner of the foreign individuals, and decided to investigate. As luck would have it, the first individual she saw was none other than a fellow with many boxes who reminded her of a very ugly dog for some reason, and she felt a kinship with for some reason.

Observe Nyars from a distance for a bit. See what he does in general.

Then, as soon as non-hostility is roughly confirmed, approach. Look him over as this is done. Watch how he reacts.

Nyar's reaction to your presence is to ask you to buy something. He explains the prices and gives you the normal vague speech about the boxes containing "Good shit" that he doesn't know what is.

"Cahs?"
"Ah, it seems I have encountered the rare Homo Stupiditus! What a sight indeed. Now then, to commerate this ocassion, I must take pictures!
With that, he goes to the armory and looks around.
There's not a lot to look at beyond an empty kiosk and the list of what would be sold there, if there was someone to sell it.

Space accountant or wiki needed.

See if the AM is back to the armory. If she is, ask what she thinks about the skull.
She is not.

Cecil oozes out of his stasis pod, slumping to the floor before coughing up the stuff to clear his lungs.

Great, I think I know where I am. This isn't good.

Cecil grabs his clothes and puts them on before stepping out of the room to get a bearing on his situation and where he might arm himself and feed himself, not necessarily in that order.
Food is in the Rec room/mess hall, you would assume, and the armory probably has weapons. Both seem like nice, reasonable bets.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25088 on: June 18, 2014, 10:48:12 am »

NPC controls spider tank.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25089 on: June 18, 2014, 11:02:39 am »

((My new sheet's on the wiki already, PW. Also just noticed that I accidentally left the name I originally gave him in his description. Ah well.))
"Looks like whomever works here is on break. Oh well, I suppose I can visit the Gift Shop first."
Go to where Nyars is and buy a Medium Purple Heptagon with a Vertical Line. OPEEEEN AND EXAMINE CONTENTS
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 11:20:44 am by darkpaladin109 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25090 on: June 18, 2014, 11:16:07 am »

"Good... shit?" the Chief parrots back, looking at the various capsules. There is a feeling of power she has about them, but she is unsure whether that is a good thing - objects tend to come in many shapes and colors, and the markings on the capsules seem to confirm as much. "Is good shit?" she repeats, looking through the capsules. What a degrading way to speak this is.

This talk of tokens is most interesting to her, however - is that what the little objects mysteriously in her possession were? Hm. They seem to have value of some kind, and the basics of trading did specify that one did not say no to a timely deal. And she does have a feeling here. So she looks over the capsules, finally settling on a pick - the pictogram reminds her of the sun on the horizon, in a way.

Purchase Small Golden Circle with Horizontal Line for 3 tokens! Then crack that thing open.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25091 on: June 18, 2014, 11:59:53 am »

Guess I will have to look about this later. Well, let's see what I can do in the VR?

Go to the VR, see if the AM courses are still there. Try to see what she teaches.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25092 on: June 18, 2014, 01:06:07 pm »

Wow. was the first thing that popped in Flint's mind as he looked upon the alien world. All his time so far had been spent on desert worlds and dark tunnels. This was the first time he experienced a world so green and full of life, even though the experience wasn't really "real". He'd seen them in old vids, sure, but-

Flint was startled by the sound of sniffing.
"Gah!"
He looked down in surprise and saw the... thing... besides him. After waiting for a few seconds to ensure that this was in fact the tracking animal he had requested and not a member of the local wildlife, he relaxed.
"Hey there big... nose... dog.. thing?" Flint asked, speaking slowly and softly, unsure of what to call the thing.
I guess that's what passes for a dog here.
He very slowly extended his hand and put it close to the "Dog" for it to get acquainted with his smell. Flint had never met any real animals on his home-world (beside some pests) but he knew a thing or two about smells and the kinds of animals some of their robots were based on.
"Stay close and try to not get eaten by anything, OK?"

Great. thought Flint as he looked around.
Haven't seen jungle like this, since my movie "Jungle Like This". Which was mostly green screen.
He took a few steps forward and inspected his surroundings.
How am I supposed to find a mutant in this place? Everything looks huge and alien here. Even the dog. Probably full of smells too... Maybe I've got some sort of wanted poster or something with me? I should check.

He turned back to look at the "dog".
"Are you coming little fella? ...big fella? Smell anything good?"
Oh, wait, you're supposed to give short commands to dogs, right? Their AI can't handle complex words if I remember correctly. And this thing is kinda like a dog, only... organic I guess.
Maybe it's one of the locals? Doesn't look like one.

Mustering his most commanding voice, he gave the order: "Dog! Follow!"
With the order given, Flint repositioned his hat and started slowly advancing forward, looking around for sings of his target, while keeping his rifle at the ready, in case any of the locals decided he looked tasty.

Check inventory for anything that could give me a description of my target. Or am I supposed to know how she looks like? Because Lyra hasn't told Flint she'll be playing as herself.

Order "Dog" to follow.
If "Dog" follows me, start advancing, following the path, inspecting my surroundings for signs of danger or signs of my target.
Have rifle at the ready, in case I have to defend myself.
Also be on the lookout for any interesting landmarks, like rivers or lakes.
Be sure to stop if "Dog" barks or does something that could indicate it wants to tell me something.

Spoiler: Flint Westwood (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Dog" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 01:13:35 pm by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25093 on: June 18, 2014, 04:37:56 pm »

step inside burly mans swing radius and judo throw him into the floor.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #25094 on: June 19, 2014, 01:14:40 pm »

Gorat is unceremoniously ejected from the stasis pod that must have held him. Or maybe he just falls from his bed in the barracks, who knows? Stasis dementia and amp overuse and ghost voices might not be the best things to happen to human brains. Either way, he looks around rather confused. "Ugh... what, where? Wasn't I just on Hephaestus...? No... actually, I went in stasis, I remember that much..." He shakes his head, showers, gathers his belongings (apart from his Mk II) and puts on his clothes. "Well, can't really complain about being in the relative safety of the Sword. Hm, that suit put me in some kind of stasis, didn't it? I wonder if there's some indication of limited usage time?"

Examine the stasis suit. Did something about it change from using it during the battle - especially if anything about the gray, blinking nodes changed.

Also, I'm assuming it's way too late to get tokens for the Defense mission. If not, "accomplishments" were:
*boiled a battlesuit pilot
*remained miraculously unharmed when our bunker exploded around us
*fired a shot from my laser rifle, with questionable success but great accuracy
*got frozen in time due to pushing the button on my stasis suit
*helped with corpse dragging and barricading
*ineffectually fireblasted a drone insertion pod

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 1671 1672 [1673] 1674 1675 ... 2101