_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1606 1607 [1608] 1609 1610 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5822336 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship
« Reply #24105 on: March 31, 2014, 05:39:01 pm »

A little bit of catch up is always nice, but I can "hit the ground running" if I have to, it would probably fit with my character anyways, as I doubt he would really know what is going on? Soo, I should think of bolded actions as dice rolls? Is that a valid way of looking at it?

((The basics of what I have so far is that, overall plot is these missions used to be a way to kill off dissenters and criminals, but person/computer? In charge of assigning these missions has since started up a revolution and is now trying to overthrow the old power. What I have got on the current mission is we are boarding some ships, and since everyone has already been launched out, my character cant actually personally participate, but he can bark orders to clone/child bred soldiers to help finish out the rest of the mission))

Vincent puts on his clothing and wanders out of the room, looking to find someone who knows what is going on.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 04:42:23 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #24106 on: March 31, 2014, 05:57:02 pm »

((Its a shame that may isn't around to do the usual meet and greet in her own insane way))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24107 on: March 31, 2014, 09:53:00 pm »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24108 on: April 01, 2014, 04:55:27 am »

Jobasio stirs, eventually, his eyes flicking open just as he shifts and slides off the edge of his bunk.
His legs tangle in the stained, crusty sheets as he lands heavily on the floor with a thump. "Oof."

Dragging himself to his feet with a somewhat dazed expression, he wipes matted hair out of his eyes and staggers in the direction of the Rec room, making his way to the nearest computer, waking it up and jabbing sluggishly at the keys. In the nude, obviously.

>Regain consciousness, suppress memories, order space-pizza.

Cheese, tomato paste and onion. And some peppers. That's it. Order a few pizzas, actually- and a few loaves of garlic bread.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24109 on: April 02, 2014, 10:26:18 am »

Wake up.
Status check.

You've been stored in the barracks until your brain came back. Current situation is we've shot a bunch of silly people out of a cannon and they are now meandering through the enemy ships.

"Must remember to study up on homophones before my next mission. Let's see what else this guy has got."

Jim keeps watching. If the TV remote has a 'Guide' feature, check and see if this is part of a marathon.
It seems this is the 80's action movie network so you're pretty much set.

The end of the movie comes up fairly quickly when the muscle bound hero confronts the generically evil rich badguy at his massive texas ranch. The bad guy, in the middle of a barbeque, is too scared to move as he sees the hero approaching, holding a pair of nunchucks made from the severed heads and spines of the villain's henchmen. The villain similes nervously and asks "How do you like ya ribs?", indicating the meat cooking on the grill.

"Broken." the hero replies, before slamming the man's face down onto the grill and crushing his torso by repeatedly closing the lid on it.

Carry over command of sod team H to Swordsmith's char.

Check if it would be possible to shoot the last two sod teams at another ship (one that hasn't been boarded yet) to try and take another one for ourselves.

Sure, thats possible.

A little bit of catch up is always nice, but I can "hit the ground running" if I have to, it would probably fit with my character anyways, as I doubt he would really know what is going on? Soo, I should think of bolded actions as dice rolls? Is that a valid way of looking at it?

((The basics of what I have so far is that, overall plot is these missions used to be a way to kill off dissenters and criminals, but person/computer? In charge of assigning these missions has since started up a revolution and is now trying to overthrow the old power. What I have got on the current mission is we are boarding some ships, and since everyone has already been launched out, my character cant actually personally participate, but he can bark orders to clone/child bred soldiers to help finish out the rest of the mission))

Vincent puts on his clothing and wanders out of the room, looking to find someone who knows what is going on.

Well, that depends on your idea of what "Someone who knows whats going on" looks like. In your first few minutes of wandering around, you see a lady in a kiosk, a shady looking guy standing against a wall with a box beside him. and a rather scary looking 4 armed alabaster statue of a man watching 80's action movies on tv.

Jobasio stirs, eventually, his eyes flicking open just as he shifts and slides off the edge of his bunk.
His legs tangle in the stained, crusty sheets as he lands heavily on the floor with a thump. "Oof."

Dragging himself to his feet with a somewhat dazed expression, he wipes matted hair out of his eyes and staggers in the direction of the Rec room, making his way to the nearest computer, waking it up and jabbing sluggishly at the keys. In the nude, obviously.

>Regain consciousness, suppress memories, order space-pizza.

Cheese, tomato paste and onion. And some peppers. That's it. Order a few pizzas, actually- and a few loaves of garlic bread.
The estimated time of delivery is 30-50 years, and the cost is...wow thats a lot of zeros. Maybe you should just ask the armory master. She seems willing to give anyone anything they want...to a degree.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24110 on: April 02, 2014, 10:39:25 am »

The estimated time of delivery is 30-50 years, and the cost is...wow thats a lot of zeros. Maybe you should just ask the armory master. She seems willing to give anyone anything they want...to a degree.

((Good idea. I shall do just that.))

Clothe myself, then stroll over to the Armoury.

"Excuse me, miss, but would it be at all possible for me to quickly re-enter stasis sleep for, say, thirty to fifty years?"

Ask that. Deadpan.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24111 on: April 02, 2014, 02:30:24 pm »

Of the ships remaining, is there one still in good view of the man-cannon? If yes, aim gauss cannon with sod boarding pods at that ship.

(Gonna launch remaining teams next turn, so people can request backup if they need it instead of taking an extra ship.)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24112 on: April 02, 2014, 06:26:39 pm »

Yep, deciding to sleep with a magister's daughter was one of the stupidist idea's I have had. After shaking his head at this self realisation/confirmation, Vincent walks up to the woman at the kiosk and asks "Where am I? What is this place?"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24113 on: April 02, 2014, 07:48:10 pm »

Hmm..

Become a NPC.

It should be better than 'just idle around braindead.'

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24114 on: April 02, 2014, 08:40:40 pm »

So this is where my character sheet was supposed to go.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

As for my first action:
Get some clothes on. Because walking around a strange ship nude, while liberating, is also cold.
Wander around and find the shadiest looking person, then ask what they are selling. Because shady people always sell the best stuff.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24115 on: April 03, 2014, 09:33:35 am »

Ohhh, my head. What was that?.. A rather nasty concussion, I guess.
Steve, how has the ground battle has fared? It appears as though it's over. Are any of your defensive installations in need of immediate repairs? What about the wounded?
Ask Steve. Wander through the halls of the Sword towards my footlocker and regain my posessions. Check if the suit have been punctured or damaged.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24116 on: April 03, 2014, 12:37:36 pm »

((Good idea. I shall do just that.))

Clothe myself, then stroll over to the Armoury.

"Excuse me, miss, but would it be at all possible for me to quickly re-enter stasis sleep for, say, thirty to fifty years?"

Ask that. Deadpan.
"Yes."

She points her finger at you like a gun and pantomimes recoil while saying "Bang." Everything goes black.

Of the ships remaining, is there one still in good view of the man-cannon? If yes, aim gauss cannon with sod boarding pods at that ship.

(Gonna launch remaining teams next turn, so people can request backup if they need it instead of taking an extra ship.)
Just a heads up, there's always the chance that one of these shells might hit a team already in there. Thats a possibility. Also, hitting one of those ships is gonna be a bit harder now that they've pulled back, so there's a higher chance of failure.

Failure in the sense that someone falling off a 12 story building and landing head first on an upturned crowbar.

So...I dunno bro, you still wanna do it? Because there's always the chance you might hit some team. I dunno bro. You want their hypothetical blood on your big synthy hands.

Yep, deciding to sleep with a magister's daughter was one of the stupidist idea's I have had. After shaking his head at this self realisation/confirmation, Vincent walks up to the woman at the kiosk and asks "Where am I? What is this place?"

"A space ship." The woman says. "Hey, would you do me a favor and drag that to the stasis pods in the barracks?" She points to a seemingly dead man laying on the ground.

Well apparently this is happening.

Hmm..

Become a NPC.

It should be better than 'just idle around braindead.'
Understood.

So this is where my character sheet was supposed to go.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

As for my first action:
Get some clothes on. Because walking around a strange ship nude, while liberating, is also cold.
Wander around and find the shadiest looking person, then ask what they are selling. Because shady people always sell the best stuff.

You get yourself dressed in the nice gray uniforms available to you and then go talk to the shady looking guy hanging out near a big pair of blast doors. You ask what he's selling.

"Alien shit. Prototypes. Artifacts. Whatevers you wants. Small containers are 3. Medium are 5. Large are 8."

Ohhh, my head. What was that?.. A rather nasty concussion, I guess.
Steve, how has the ground battle has fared? It appears as though it's over. Are any of your defensive installations in need of immediate repairs? What about the wounded?
Ask Steve. Wander through the halls of the Sword towards my footlocker and regain my posessions. Check if the suit have been punctured or damaged.

>Everything is fine for now. Things went pretty well.

You get your stuff back out of the locker. It all seems perfectly intact and not smashed to shit or punctured or anything. Well, that's helpful.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24117 on: April 03, 2014, 01:20:25 pm »

((The wiki said to post my character sheet here?))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((The reason of your char's assignment to the HMRC reminded me of mine's. Gentlemen and, in special, ladies, we have a new perv in the house.  :P ))
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24118 on: April 03, 2014, 03:15:23 pm »

Turn in the Mk II, the grenades pack and the MFM at the armory kiosk. Count the tokens I have on hand.

Ask the Armory Master for a bottle of Xeno Spit, a bottle of HMRC Standart and the painting supplies.

The battle is over, me not playing any role in it whatsoever... Time for rest and recollection.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24119 on: April 03, 2014, 06:42:28 pm »

Ask that shady guy whether all boxes of one size are the same, or if they have other quallities to tell them apart. (Because using meta knowledge to just buy a medium red box with a heptagon and a vertical line would be bad.)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 02:20:39 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 1606 1607 [1608] 1609 1610 ... 2101