_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1584 1585 [1586] 1587 1588 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932197 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship
« Reply #23775 on: February 12, 2014, 03:49:12 pm »

Also Nukes are great and all, but unless I misremember, an Avatar is built to survive a Megaton blast point-blank. More direct attacks, especially with plasma, are just much more concentrated and effective.))
Indeed, but if Steve's intell is correct, they shouldn't have anything above Battlesuit in terms of suits. I'm also not sure about the Avatar nuke tolerance, one of the things i should reseaerch (in VR!) once Miya gets to skip a mission.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23776 on: February 12, 2014, 03:58:11 pm »

"Why, hello there! Who might you be, sir?" Stacy asks when he notices a man following him around.

"I'm Lerman. I want to help you catch some ants. Because I am really, really bored."
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 04:04:59 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23777 on: February 12, 2014, 04:02:10 pm »

"I want to help you catch some ants. Because I am really, really bored."

"It is as if we were cut from the same sheet of tissue paper, my good man, for I am also incredibly bored now that the Internet has failed to provide amusement. I would like to obtain an ant queen, actually. Maybe we can make ant farms!"

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23778 on: February 12, 2014, 04:07:22 pm »

"Very nice! But the queens are the big fat ones that rarely move, right? To get one of them, you'd have to dig up the nest."
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23779 on: February 12, 2014, 04:10:06 pm »

"Very nice! But the queens are the big fat ones that rarely move, right? To get one of them, you'd have to dig up the nest."

"In due time, good sir, in due time! First I'd like to check if they are not by any chance extremely aggressive and deadly ants that chew through metal and flesh with the greatest of ease, and then we can consider the next step."

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23780 on: February 12, 2014, 04:12:56 pm »

"Ah. That might be a good idea."

((My intuition is saying that this doesn't bode well for much of fucking anything.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23781 on: February 12, 2014, 05:01:42 pm »

"Hey, hey, hey now." said Flint as he raised his arm cannon to look at it. "I like you too, you're a fine lady and all, but don't you think this is going a bit too fast?" He got his arms out of the control cuffs and started typing on Gilgamesh's computer. "Don't you think you and Gilgamesh should get to know each other a bit better before we go further?" He got one arm back in the control cuff to get a better look at the gun and how it merged with the battlesuit's arm. "This is your first date after all." He pressed a few buttons to cycle through vision modes and external cameras as he continued his inspection of the artifact. "What can I say? I'm an old fashioned guy."

((Who needs fingers when you can have an awesome ARM cannon?
Let's just hope NAV doesn't roll a 1...))

EDIT: On second thought, get very far away from NAV's character because this is a tragedy waiting to happen.

Check to see how my HUD is affected. If doing any of the below actions requires an AUX roll, spend this turn getting a dynamic bonus.
((I don't need to play super Mario right now.))
Is it just the colors of the screen that are affected or is it something else? Can I check if it's drawing power from the suit's generator and if it adversely effects any of the suit's systems?
Warn Steve to be careful when handling comms coming from my suit, just in case it does something fishy.
Also check whether or not the suit has any new functions or any way to interact with the Rainbow Cannon. Or Color Rifle, haven't decided on the name yet.

Also check if the way the wires are going in through the armour compromises the armor's effectiveness.
Check the weapon with cameyes.
Is the gun so large I can't look at the barrel even if I use the other arm's camera?

Check the adjacent colours (Yellow and Blue). Does the green color look like a combination of those other two modes?

Can I put the dial back into the No Color setting?

Your hud is effected in that it now appears to have a slight green glow and what appears to be a small pictogram on the corner. It looks sorta like a stylized burst or wave going sideways.

It doesn't seem to be drawing power from the generator or effecting anything else, at least not right now.

It doesn't seem to have functions to interact with this, but it doesn't seem to fight against it either.

Cameyes reveal heat, small amounts of low grade radiation,  and very small amounts of movement or vibration coming from the weapon.

You can look down the barrel now, but all you see is greenish light.

It does not. The Red setting causes most of the mass of the gun to shift back and down, forming a large semi circular mass near the grip while the barrel elongates and ends in an almost spike like protrusion.

The yellow causes the gun to become even squatter then the green, almost like holding a large box with a grip coming out the back. the front of the box as a concave form, like a satellite dish set into the rest of the body. 

Both forms glow with their respective colors.

Yes, but that just causes the gun to collapse back into it's original form.

See of the ThunderTron has a computer or something.
It does.

MGAXT-85674/FR blinked at the response struggling to hold posture whilst dealing with the information overload of trying to scan the environment whilst memory flooded back as conscious thought began to percolate through automated reflexes. How long had he  Dismissal  been in stasis.... why was he Reintegration Failure still alive? Who Phoenix Reapers was the voice? Whose Last Stand, All Dead command was he Trial: Traitor to the UWM, Terrorist under? Who the hell was Cortana?
Sentenced to the HMRC... HMRC...

Sir!
HMRC? You are in command? or in charge of new recruit processing?
No known ID matching Cortana.
Sir!

Salute, say the above, try to cope with influx of memory
>Sure am.  Also,we're rebelling against the UWM now. Bit ironic for you, I know, but there it is.

Buy impact jel inserts if i can afford them. Ask for pricing on all particle accumulator variants.

((No ideas, i was just hoping you had something like an electrically powered kinetic shunt with no redirect function on your list of hidden goodies.))
Gel inserts for the entire body is like 5. But you can get it for even less if you just want for like head and torso or important parts.

Dominika looked around the room. Two other people had been there. And Dominika was still- Ugh. Nope, no no no, Dominika was plenty happy to get out of this situation as fast as possible.
Put on clothes ASAP, get out of the stasis pod area.
"Wait... where the... where the hell am I? HMRC, right...?"
You put on your clothing and run out into the hall. There are signs painted on the walls indicating the way to the armory, infirmary, rec room and other such places.

>Yep.

Indirect fire ruled out.
Try again. 1337. Try to actually hit something this time. Try not to hit a teammate.
[Con:1+1]
Wow.

Go help Harry's char with his shenanigans.

You help Stacy carry his jar of ants.

'Well. Not... exactly what I'd expected, from what I'd heard of my father. Oh well, at least it's still standing,' Jobasio thinks to himself, before bookmarking the page and leaving the computer, slinging Whig back over his shoulder as he walks off.

>Leave the computer, leave the ship, and go visit the poor bastards we're liberating.

>Inspect the state of affairs on-planet and explore and stuff. In mah uniform.
The poor bastards you're liberating are basically only gonna be found in the infirmary. Of the few hundred that were here to begin with there's maybe half surviving and they've been rescued from the wreckage.

After a brief stay at the barracks in order to get his equipment checked and make sure nothing is missing, Milno sends a message through his wristpad:
Quote from: Milno to Skylar
What are your talents aside from preventing aerial disasters? Any good with a weapon?

Milno sends the message and goes on to check how much it would cost to apply that self-sealing gel/something to his rocket pods in order to instantly seal leaks and prevent explosions.
Wait...don't you or someone else already have that?

Is it bishop?

"So the coma is not just a control mechanism. Yeah, ghost ships. I've seen what goes into creating them. It's... it's not something we can even fake, right? At least not without serious risk of harming those involved."

Expect to get shocked.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
"Nope. The tech used to make Ghost ships, at least at the size they were back in the altered wars has a survival rate of less then 1 in 10. And thats back when it was pushed to the very pinnacle that it ever reached. Nowadays they just sort of throw candidates into the meat grinder and occasionally one works. "

Wander around a bit. Try not to puke on people with guns

There are signs that lead to the infirmary, armory, rec room, hanger, etc. There are a few people wandering around, most of which look new like you. A few look more frightening.

<snip>
If you have to do away with some things to free up a little bit RU, I'd say you should cut down on the blackship stuff. Maybe only let it have 4 shots or something. If that ain't possible and you have to scrap the whole ship as a whole, I'll just put any remaining RU as mines.))
((Good point, actually.
In addition to the RU savings for not doing the Black Death thing at all, requesting a check of how much can be saved by switching to a Laser cannon, and/or by reducing the amount of shots carried. If doing that alone brings the cost down enough to stay within the overall budget, let it be that way.

Also Nukes are great and all, but unless I misremember, an Avatar is built to survive a Megaton blast point-blank. More direct attacks, especially with plasma, are just much more concentrated and effective.))

Laser would cheapen and weaken it. Didn't Radio dump the cost of everything already? I though this was decided upon.

"metal basketballs of doom, didn't see that one coming."

Rest my brain a bit, then go to the next test. If this was the last test, rejoice.
You can pause it at any time if you want. It's just gonna keep going.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23782 on: February 12, 2014, 05:13:23 pm »

Examine ants! Do they look suspicious? Do they seem to be eating through the jar? How quickly are they taking apart the dessert, are they interested in it at all? Any interesting anatomical features I can discern, like incredibly nasty jaws, or maybe physics-defying anomalous abilities? Or are they strange simply because I don't know them?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #23783 on: February 12, 2014, 06:03:06 pm »

what is on said computer?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23784 on: February 12, 2014, 06:27:46 pm »

((Hmmm... very very nice...))

"Oooohh, you're a beauty. Yes you are..." said Flint as he caressed the rifle with his other arm.
He proceeded to fiddle with the dial and then pointed at a far away rock formation.
"Well, I think it's time. Let's see what you can do."

Find a large rock or rock formation to fire at.

Check if there is a pictogram in the No Color position. See if the Color Rifle will fire in the No Color position.

Then try the Green one. See if it is a laser.

Then try the Red one. What pictogram does it have? See if it is some sort of melee weapon.

((I'm not testing them all at once so that piecewise doesn't have to write too much.))
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 06:29:36 pm by Parisbre56 »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23785 on: February 12, 2014, 07:47:15 pm »

Invisible flying hostiles eliminated. Probably.
Shoot. Just keep shooting until I his something.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23786 on: February 12, 2014, 09:05:25 pm »

Help examine ants.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23787 on: February 12, 2014, 09:14:38 pm »

(([5+1] You point your gun directly at flint and pull the trigger ten times in quick succession. He explodes into a shower of crystalline words and numbers.

Flint is dead.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23788 on: February 12, 2014, 09:19:29 pm »

(([5+1] You point your gun directly at flint and pull the trigger ten times in quick succession. He explodes into a shower of crystalline words and numbers.
Flint is dead.))
((Prepare to be court-martialed.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #23789 on: February 12, 2014, 09:44:17 pm »

"Right. So. What's going on, even? Am I allowed to go to the armory?"
Head to the armory.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 09:45:50 pm by Powder Miner »
Pages: 1 ... 1584 1585 [1586] 1587 1588 ... 2101