_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1543 1544 [1545] 1546 1547 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934052 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #23160 on: January 25, 2014, 06:09:12 pm »

((...really. What kind of discussion is this.))
((Religious. Technically.))
(Again?  Why?)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23161 on: January 25, 2014, 06:11:56 pm »

Piecewise lamenting the whole Babel thing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #23162 on: January 25, 2014, 06:57:44 pm »

I was a bit madder at him when he told humans not to do something, knowing very well that they would do it soon after.
((Not only that, but He made the being that told them to do it!))

((...really. What kind of discussion is this.))
((Religious. Technically.))
((If you missed the bloody hint, I was asking for people to stop it.
Unless you'd want me to counter-point your...oh, ignorance on the matter. Given your brevity and lack of intellectual discussion. There's a fine line between jest and insult, to clear this out.
I'd sincerely advise for you all to stop. If you didn't get my pronoun use, too.))
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 07:17:32 pm by Tiruin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23163 on: January 25, 2014, 07:59:22 pm »

((...
Hint: Never call me ignorant if you want me to shut up.

So explain why I'm wrong. Explain how God didn't create the snake, regardless of if it was a literal snake as the Bible clearly stated--complete with a Just So Story for why snakes don't have legs--or Satan/Lucifer/etc as some have later interpreted, that tempted Eve into eating the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. While you're at it, explain why this knowledge was so horrible for Adam and Eve to have that God condemned them and their children to suffer through their lives until they died, or how He expected them to listen to Him without knowing what good and evil were, or why He made the tree in the first place, especially given his omniscience that supposedly lets Him make detailed plans that everything fits into.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23164 on: January 25, 2014, 08:01:20 pm »

((Please stop arguing religion in the OOC! It has no relevance to the current events!))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23165 on: January 25, 2014, 08:05:04 pm »

((woo, derail!))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23166 on: January 25, 2014, 08:05:15 pm »

((No one calls me ignorant without explaining themselves damn well. NO ONE.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23167 on: January 25, 2014, 08:06:18 pm »

((No one calls me ignorant without explaining themselves damn well. NO ONE.))
((I don't give a damn about your pride. Keep it to the PMs and out of the thread.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23168 on: January 25, 2014, 08:10:14 pm »

((I'm proud of my tendency to actually look up the damn facts beforehand, of how I try to learn more on my own time, of my intelligence, my knowledge. I also have the far-from-unique attitude of wanting evidence for various accusations.
If someone just comes up and calls me an ignorant idiot, you'd better believe I'm going to demand an explanation.))
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23169 on: January 25, 2014, 08:11:53 pm »

((Except it is entirely irrelevant to this thread! As stated, this is something to be handled by a PM and not in someone else's thread!))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23170 on: January 25, 2014, 08:19:32 pm »

((Poking at it in the nicest way: Yes, it is pride in the way of your posting. That is what I'm poking at--people jumping on a tangent, which is once a joke, and skewing it on verge of insult--the generalizations of the topic does no good in expounding the humor, or advancing it either.

Pride, GWG. Take matters into hand on why-many people believe the topic; yet still there are scholars on the matter. Scientists of religion who delve deep into the matter. Historians and scholars, even until the archaic times which speak of the topic and elucidate it so the common adage of reading and believing what is put exactly on the page is furthered into the area of understanding.

Pride, which makes you post on a whim--which does not dictate if or whether what you're saying is neutral to many, or by how your wording may transgress any sort of unspoken rule, or be neutral enough to not confer a feeling of narrowmindedness.
The example at hand speaks of taking things literally-and the matter at hand being what is in the Bible. Most things, are not to be taken literally--they were written at a timeframe where the people would understand the metaphors, yet by time passing the line between us understanding the written text; given how it is transcribed and translated as-is, is blurred by how the ancients understood it. A line that is hard to understand without prior research.

Do not impute what you-or as a general matter, the populace of today sees in a book, and takes for granted-or in the least at hand, as determined fact-towards the time it was written and the people who wrote it.

And yes, carrying on an argument in-thread is quite irrelevant, which is also why I asked to stop it. PW was making...his own style of joke, but then it carried on. I kept to brevity to wonder if a PM would be done--my mistake is not doing it in the first place if it would mock your...pride.

For posterity: I have, and have never intended, to target anyone in particular--just the aspect of the person that is showing instead of the person. I also have not said anyone is an idiot-though the term may have gone into misunderstanding to how its usage stems. Do not take it personally, and I advise to take a moment and calm down before continuing this. Apologies if certain areas were hurt, but none of that was ever in my motive or intent.))
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 08:23:24 pm by Tiruin »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23171 on: January 25, 2014, 08:22:02 pm »

((What.
Is it impossible for you guys to mock something, apologize for any hurt feelings, and leave?
Wat.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23172 on: January 25, 2014, 08:24:09 pm »

((Apparently so.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23173 on: January 25, 2014, 08:24:53 pm »

((Rerailing, Radio Controlled contacted me and two others about joining the game back--I've been browsing through the..literally hundreds of pages to catch up. x__x That's a lot of chat, dudes. Anywhoo, still watching with interest! :D))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23174 on: January 25, 2014, 08:27:22 pm »

((Yay! We may have more veterans back in time for the defense!))
Pages: 1 ... 1543 1544 [1545] 1546 1547 ... 2101