_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1494 1495 [1496] 1497 1498 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933273 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22425 on: December 31, 2013, 11:14:56 pm »

Oh, and @ Toaster - do you still worship Steve The Benevolent? How is your recent shrine making activities going? :P))

((But of course!  Steve has called Lars directly to make him his prophet, though he called it "propaganda" for some reason.  Lars even has a holy relic now!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #22426 on: December 31, 2013, 11:18:23 pm »

Oh, and @ Toaster - do you still worship Steve The Benevolent? How is your recent shrine making activities going? :P))

((But of course!  Steve has called Lars directly to make him his prophet, though he called it "propaganda" for some reason.  Lars even has a holy relic now!))

((And he will thankfully (in my character's view) be far, far away from the center of production (where I'm staying) while he is such. And she doesn't need to know when he takes command over a division of cyber/robotic troops that she'll send along (if she can) to form a 'Crusade' company. Hint, hint, Toaster, you could probably be allowed to have command over a company of completely subservient robot-bodied fanatics of Stevism, if you can 'teach' them to be such.))
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 11:23:42 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22427 on: December 31, 2013, 11:37:16 pm »

((So, if someone could answer a couple questions, that'd be great, since I'm still less than halfway through the reading:
1. Do we still use tokens to buy things from the armory?
2. How did we rebel and when?
3. If Steve is in a Synflesh body, then how is he also running the ships systems a la huge spongy brain matter?
4. How are ranks/ positions in the rebellion determined?
5. How widespread is the rebellion? And, if I remember correctly, Hephaestus is the Drone/Silent World? How did we take control of it and control it's armies?
And finally,
6. Are we still considered convicts, or pretty much freemen? As in, Steve IS the rebellion, and us non- veterans, ie, 10 missions, are still under his authority?
Thanks for any info into this, it'll help me until I can catch up in a year or so :P))
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 11:39:22 pm by WhitiusOpus »
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22428 on: December 31, 2013, 11:46:29 pm »

((So, if someone could answer a couple questions, that'd be great, since I'm still less than halfway through the reading:
1. Do we still use tokens to buy things from the armory?
2. How did we rebel and when?
3. If Steve is in a Synflesh body, then how is he also running the ships systems a la huge spongy brain matter?
4. How are ranks/ positions in the rebellion determined?
5. How widespread is the rebellion? And, if I remember correctly, Hephaestus is the Drone/Silent World?
And finally,
6. Are we still considered convicts, or pretty much freemen? As in, Steve IS the rebellion, and us non- veterans, ie, 10 missions, are still under his authority?
Thanks for any info into this, it'll help me until I can catch up in a year or so :P))
((1. Yes.
2. Shortly after the Ice-9 incident. If you haven't gotten there yet, keep reading. We rebelled by... well, suddenly jumping out of the landed ship and taking stuff over. Kinda like pirates. The details and planning are Steve's doing though.
3. He's not technically in the body. Or in the ship.
4. Experience and past achievements, mostly, though having some merits and traits of character helps too.
5. Confined to the HMRC, which is the several (dozen) ships, mostly smaller than the Sword, that Steve also commands. After this particular phase, it means that we - the ARM - now have several (dozen) planets or important installations throughout the cosmos. And I'm not sure about a Silent World, but Hephaestus is a major - THE major - industrial world for the UWM, even having its own biological AI - ARES - housed here.
6. We are no longer inmates, but mostly revolutinaries and soldiers in the employ of Steve. This doesn't change that a lot of us were criminals though. The 10 missions thing was never actually a thing, and as such is meaningless now. And yes, Steve is basically the rebellion.))

((edit: Hm. Private Army of Revolutionaries And Soldiers In The Employ of Steve. Heh.))
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 11:51:32 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22429 on: December 31, 2013, 11:53:43 pm »

((If you need additional manpower, just explain things to my... character who's name I cannot recall for some reason. He/it would probably view Steve with respect at the least if he/it knew everything everyone else does. Same for the Doctor and AM. (Just to clarify, with the increase in respect Steve and Doctor would become Steve-sama and Doctor-sama. AM would become AM-sempai. If she didn't butcher me for attaching such a thing to her title first of course. After looking through a list a honorifics, I'm actually thinking of making a Japanese character in a game sometime soon. The honorifics are just so useful.)))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22430 on: December 31, 2013, 11:57:35 pm »

((If you need additional manpower, just explain things to my... character who's name I cannot recall for some reason. He/it would probably view Steve with respect at the least if he/it knew everything everyone else does. Same for the Doctor and AM. (Just to clarify, with the increase in respect Steve and Doctor would become Steve-sama and Doctor-sama. AM would become AM-sempai. If she didn't butcher me for attaching such a thing to her title first of course. After looking through a list a honorifics, I'm actually thinking of making a Japanese character in a game sometime soon. The honorifics are just so useful.)))
((I think the AM once raised the prices of webcams when May tried to buy one since she called her Master-San.))
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 11:59:17 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22431 on: December 31, 2013, 11:59:26 pm »

((Would AM-sama go over better do you think?))

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22432 on: December 31, 2013, 11:59:39 pm »

((Thanks for the help, but I don't understand why we would still need the (I'm assuming) 5 token method, if we have and entire manufacturing WORLD. I get if it's a gameplay mechanic to even out the game, but in-world, it doesn't make much sense.))
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 12:01:11 am by WhitiusOpus »
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22433 on: January 01, 2014, 12:03:50 am »

((The tokens are less currency, and a meter of how much trust you have. Would you give a random passerby a gun that creates miniature suns? Or a kiloton nuclear warhead? No? Neither would Steve. Simply surviving a mission meant you were at least competent enough to not kill yourself, and anything after that is just showing Steve that yes, you can be trusted with a gun that creates suns.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22434 on: January 01, 2014, 12:06:35 am »

((Thanks for the help, but I don't understand why we would still need the (I'm assuming) 5 token method, if we have and entire manufacturing WORLD. I get if it's a gameplay mechanic to even out the game, but in-world, it doesn't make much sense.))
((The way I heard the token thing explained is that it's a limiter so that people can't acquire power they aren't ready to use. Something along those lines. Oh, and in case you didn't notice, it's not a set 5 tokens per mission any more. We have BUDGETS (ooh, fancy!) now.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22435 on: January 01, 2014, 12:08:24 am »

((Well, on one hand it seems like she took offense to the honorifics rather than the specifics, but on the other hand, you're not May. I'd call it 50/50.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22436 on: January 01, 2014, 12:10:22 am »

((Hey, do you think piecewise would be okay with me retroactively changing my character to be Japanese or something? I really want to use the honorifics for some reason and I have ideas involving battlesuits modded to look like samurai armour.))

((Well, on one hand it seems like she took offense to the honorifics rather than the specifics, but on the other hand, you're not May. I'd call it 50/50.))
((I wonder if the Doctor can be coaxed out of the lab to act as a shield with an offer to 'examine the variance in the temperments of various high level authority figures when recieving adulation and/or respect because of their position'.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22437 on: January 01, 2014, 12:12:47 am »

((Uhhh, just a warning, the AM and the Doctor don't seem to get along.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22438 on: January 01, 2014, 12:13:59 am »

((I know, but it's like taking a - magnet to defend against a + magnet.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22439 on: January 01, 2014, 12:17:24 am »

((I know, but it's like taking a - magnet to defend against a + magnet.))
((You would want a + magnet. Opposites attract, but the + would repel the other + magnet.

Sorry, couldn't resist. That being said though, I would like to see that happen. From a safe distance, of course.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 1494 1495 [1496] 1497 1498 ... 2101