_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1463 1464 [1465] 1466 1467 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929417 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: OSHA nightmares
« Reply #21960 on: December 19, 2013, 09:50:44 am »

((Wondering what I should do. Probably join the combat team to keep sweeping since I think they lack reliable non-lethal takedown abilities while Survey and Diplomacy already have Joker team members assigned.))

Join combat team and keep an eye out for survivors.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21961 on: December 19, 2013, 10:09:34 am »

((Remind me to kill grate once i get back from the survey, i wanna see what happens if i jump start the corpses heart after the new Grate pops into existence.))
((Do a quick Jim double-check.))

More importantly, I think it is very important that Grate still attempt to keep himself alive, despite the apparent advantages of his condition. Especially if it resets his memory, because we don't know if it merely resets him to a single specific point, instead of gradually worsening or introducing some other kind of eventual handicap a-la Morul's former all-seeing goggles.
((I intend to. Although Grates 1-4 would probably try to fill Grate 5 in. Probably in contradictory manners, because they all only remember one bit of it but have opinions/theories on the rest. And because #3 is a bit of a megalomaniac.
I am wondering what the risk of clone degradation is, though.))

If you really want to experiment, there's still one corpse of Grate left that is nominally revivable.))
((I wonder what that would do.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #21962 on: December 19, 2013, 11:20:57 am »

-snip-
((Why is HAWKING barred? I'm sure he can convince you to let him stay with his son once the time comes :)))

((Reasons of insanity. His argument would only make it worse.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21963 on: December 19, 2013, 02:45:44 pm »

Remove paint from windows. Also go see if there is any attachable camouflage netting or similar that can be bought.

You're gonna have to use this turn for that scraping. You ever scraped paint off glass? Shit takes forever.

((Last I'll say on the issue is that the Forerunners had an SOP of detonating the sun of the local system at the first sign of Flood infection and they were still losing.))

Go see if the AM's back; if so dell the mannequin back for full price and my painkillers. If not just go wait by the desk.

Uh, well you can have that mannequin but I'm not sure what you're talking about with pain killers.

Charles hands in his current tokens as the first repayment.
"Understood, out of curiosity, who's Nyars?"

"Brother Lars, I am now ready."

>Nyars is a man with a bat that he can swing very hard. Thats about all you need to know.

You turn in your money.

"I'm ready too, great prophet of mighty and all-seeing Steve! Take me on adventures, sir!"

Adoringly dance and hope that we get moving sometime soon. I've got a Xeno sprayer to test!
Well, if you're on a team, join em. If not and you're on the repair crew and work will be coming soon.

((Aaww. Oh well, IC knowledge gained.))
Felix didn't say a word during Miyamoto's exposition. He didn't say anything afterwards, either. He saluted Miyamoto, properly this time, and then walked away. He went to the locker room and checked to see if any of the intact lockers had his name on it; if one did, he put on the MkI suit inside it. Then he went to the armory, and either bought and had installed a microwave amp or frowned at the unattended kiosk. Then he headed to the briefing room, unless he passed the four-armed synthflesh man matching Miyamoto's description of Jim along the way, in which case he follows Jim instead.
He just ignores the giant lizard thing hanging around the armory, since Miyamoto presumably mentioned Xan somewhere in that abstracted exposition.
You stick your suit in your locker, get a microwave amp jammed in your head after Steve vends it for you, and then fall in line with the rest of the people following jim.

Lars bows in the direction of the Sword.  "Yes, your Gloriousness.  We shall allow the combat team their space, and go to the second group first.  Onward for the glory of Steve!"

Seek an elevator to the 15th floor, or failing that, stairs.  Failing either, just start moving toward the back left and we'll figure out how to get up when we get there.  Keep an eye out for damage on the way.

"Forward!"

You lead your questionably stable troops into the questionably stable building and start looking around for an elevator. The door you enter through leads to a rather boring cubicle farm that has been pretty well thrashed by the fighting in the building; a lot of the drop ceiling has collapsed and there's low quality fabric walls, personal nicknacks and sections of collapsed ceiling everywhere. It's all light and relatively easy to push through, despite tripping over coffee mugs and slipping on "Hang in there" cat posters. The problem is that when you eventually do find the elevator, it's locked. The control screen reads "ELEVATOR HALTED DUE TO FIRE ALARM"

Awaken.
You're already awake, repaired and with a combat team. In a different thread too. Look for miyamoto. I think you're embedded with him as a Representative of Joker Team.

Lars and his team of Negotiators, diplomats and crazy people head outside and take the cage elevator down to the ground level.
(Did you just call Mesk a diplomat?)

"Uh... yeah!  Gloriousness!"
Follow Lars, keep an eye out for survivors.  Apply technical stuff to broken stuff that needs technical unbreaking.
You shove Lars out of the way and attempt to override the lockdown on the elevator:
[Aux:6+2]
The elevator doors open just in time to see the elevator scream past them and disappear down the shaft. A few seconds later a distant thud signals that it has reached its last stop.

Leo looks down at himself.

"You know the difference between a slave and a HMRC member?  A slave can recieve freedom upon death."

"In all honesty, Steve, the off buttons don't seem to work.  I suppose it doesn't matter, but even though this mission was really, really successful and well ran, my only contribution to it is probably now a life-sized Jello mold, because one of the least threatening and powerful members pushed a button during the debriefing.  Or something.  I don't know how the hell that went down."

"Anyway, I'm going to keep following orders and trying to help out.  I'm perfectly okay abiding to restrictions in equipment and gear, and I'm fine with following orders.. but if we're going to pretend we're a bunch of freedom fighters in a military organization, that comes with a chain of command, and responsability flows both ways in a chain of command..  officers are responsable for the men under their command.  I don't see how it would be possible to reprimand you, Steve, and almost blowing up planets is not 'liberating' them."

"Do what you like, call us what you like, but as long as I have this shock collar, I'm going to know what I really am.  A slave to a computer that wants to change the world.. and one of my basic rules is to never trust anyone who says they want to change the world."

"I'm going to head out and re-arrange some deck chairs for you now."

Speechify.  If still alive and ambulatory, try to find a group leaving or just left.  Preferably the diplo group, but any would do.

I'd say the combat teams need you more. They're looking rather threadbare and empty, especially the amp clean up team. Though I could understand reluctance to go join them.

Steve, I've got a list of parts I'll need to repair the blackship, for your reference later. Let me know when you'll need me for something else, I'll be working on this until then.

Oh, and there any chance I could get a MKIII? I'd be willing to turn in my manipulator to reduce the amount of tokens I'd owe you.

Talk at Steve, record down a list of where the damage is and what parts I'll need on the datapad and send it to Steve, then wander around the outside of the ship studying the damage and taking notes on the repair tasks. Take particular note of the damage to the rear right engine.
( Engage dynamic bonus I can pick up later if Steve interrupts me :P )
AHHH now it begins! People all want to buy things on layaway plans! I DON'T WANNA CALCULATE APR AND FINANCE CHARGES! I'M GONNA BE CHARGING .03 OF A TOKEN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

pfffffblah.

Anyways, you walk outside onto the cage and take a look at the ship. The swords monolithic gray metal exterior is dotted with still hot holes that seem somewhat concentrated near the hanger and prisoner quarters and there are much less hits farther out along the length of the ship. Frankly it looks like someone lined up a giant freaking shotgun and blasted buckshot straight through the wall. It doesn't look too bad though, especially compared to the size of the rest of the ship; looks like someone took a giant cigar and stabbed it a few times with a needle. Unfortunately, patching those holes is probably gonna mean replacing the armor plate.

GreatWyrmGold's Patented IC-Exclusive Post

That was fun. Say, can we get that pill machine back?
No, we are NOT doing that again.
"My machine! Um, I bought it from the one guy, and I got a gun, and I went to kill the amp guy, and everything exploded, and I woke up, please don't hurt me Mister Minimotor..."
"Oh god, you don't even remember. Listen, what you did was very bad and destructive, so if you ever feel like doing something like this again, just don't. Or ask the AM first. Oh, and it's Miyamoto. Mi-ya-mo-to. Or just Miya."
Tell the Grate what happened, then release him, sans pill machine.
"Okay, Mister Miya..."
Grate listens, with the previous Grates speaking up every so often.
"Okay...can I have the pill machine back? Pretty please? I promise I won't put anything I don't understand in it without asking a bunch of people first. Pretty please? I paid for it and everything!"

Plead with Miya. Once that is resolved, locate someone in charge or repairing stuff and ask them what I can do to help. If they don't give me a job, find another repairperson and repeat the process until I find something helpful to do.

Give it a minute. I want to make sure all these people actually get out to their threads or on with their teams before confusing things even more with another set of orders. If you want it to go faster, you could always start slapping people who aren't where they should be.

"Um. Hello?"
*To one-armed guy*

>Hi. You didn't get chosen for anything, did you?

Go with Lars. Make pleasant conversation about the time I invented pleasant conversations.

((You guys do know I was making a funneh about the Jim thing right? Right?....Guys?))

I hate to say it, but I think mesk invented what Jim is gonna do to you.

Follow Miyamoto. Cycle those vision modes!
Shoo
wrong thread
Shoo

[glow=purple
,2,300]"Time to repair, Steve what do you need fixed first?"[/glow]
ask steve, perform repair tasks as specified or just go from the nearest damage

>We'll start here in a minute, but how do you feel about tight spaces and moving machinery?

((Wondering what I should do. Probably join the combat team to keep sweeping since I think they lack reliable non-lethal takedown abilities while Survey and Diplomacy already have Joker team members assigned.))

Join combat team and keep an eye out for survivors.

I'll assume you'll be with Jim's team, since Thomas is with Miya, if I remember.

-snip-
((Why is HAWKING barred? I'm sure he can convince you to let him stay with his son once the time comes :)))

((Reasons of insanity. His argument would only make it worse.))
Simus runs a tight, no nonsense ship. I doubt Hawking would have much fun under her to begin with.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21964 on: December 19, 2013, 02:51:59 pm »

Follow that Lars! I'm on his team! Theoretically and practically!

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21965 on: December 19, 2013, 02:53:22 pm »

Scrape of paint form the windows. Or if that was already done to look for camo netting or equivalent camouflage cover in the armoury.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21966 on: December 19, 2013, 02:56:20 pm »

((Thought I still had those pain killers I bought back when I first entered the game. Bought a microwave amp, coagulant boosters, and anti-trauma meds.
...could I get a token count for Xan?))

Assuming I sold the mannequin back (if I didn't, sell it back for the 3 tokens and then do this), walk over to where Steve is currently.

Any recommendation as to what task I should do? Or is everything filled out already?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21967 on: December 19, 2013, 03:03:40 pm »

Lars looks at the open elevator shaft, then at Mesk.

"Um... good try, Brother Mesk.  Perhaps there is another way up?"

Check the shaft for a ladder or anything.  Failing that, look for stairs.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #21968 on: December 19, 2013, 03:07:47 pm »

"Heh, elevators falling down shafts.  Brings back memories."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21969 on: December 19, 2013, 03:09:52 pm »

((Thomas is with Lars' team.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21970 on: December 19, 2013, 03:12:42 pm »

((Thought I still had those pain killers I bought back when I first entered the game. Bought a microwave amp, coagulant boosters, and anti-trauma meds.
...could I get a token count for Xan?))

Assuming I sold the mannequin back (if I didn't, sell it back for the 3 tokens and then do this), walk over to where Steve is currently.

Any recommendation as to what task I should do? Or is everything filled out already?
Use the idiots in space.txt

Also 4.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21971 on: December 19, 2013, 03:14:31 pm »

We're here because of the two highly damaging incidents that we've caused since we've arrived...and Grate took a manipulator pill and... gottverdammte, I don't even want to know how badly that screwed things up.
Grate feels an inexplicable pang of guilt.

Continue eagerly awaiting a chance to fix stuff. Try to ignore the voices in my head, especially #3.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21972 on: December 19, 2013, 03:15:06 pm »

((Yeah right now I can't download stuff since the Internet here is shit. Thanks though.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #21973 on: December 19, 2013, 03:41:58 pm »

"Sounds great! uh can I have a repair tool/box and map?"
talk to steve
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #21974 on: December 19, 2013, 03:43:52 pm »

"Roger."

Join the amp sweep team.  and ask who is on that team.

"It's not like I need to be anywhere nearer than on the same planet as an amp user to be in the line of fire."
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 03:46:30 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 1463 1464 [1465] 1466 1467 ... 2101