_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1410 1411 [1412] 1413 1414 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5822377 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Grate's attempts at Apotheosis
« Reply #21165 on: December 09, 2013, 04:20:13 pm »

((Dangit GWG, if you're gonna update the trope page that nobody looks at, could you at least add the current player characters?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #21166 on: December 09, 2013, 04:27:43 pm »

((Dangit GWG, if you're gonna update the trope page that nobody looks at, could you at least add the current player characters?))
((I edited the trope page. Once. To add a single trope. That I may have gotten wrong.
Yeah, I am the greatest contributor evar!))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21167 on: December 09, 2013, 04:34:09 pm »

((Well, he did add himself...

Actually, it's not like it's a whole lot of trouble to edit yourself in. Who's to know the most about you than yourself?))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21168 on: December 09, 2013, 04:42:02 pm »

((Because I don't know how to trope.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21169 on: December 09, 2013, 05:14:56 pm »

Hearing Anton, Maurice slowed down; smile died on his face as he turned to the engineer. With bitterness in voice he replied:
However I might want to help him, that is clearly beyond my ability. There is nothing I can do here. And, you know... Steve might be right. Before he becomes something beyond anyone's control. Before he becomes something beyond his own control. Remember Ivan - the giant cicada demon? Would you want Grate to lose his mind to whatever is happening to him now, to annihilate everyone he cares for? Because this is what Steve is implying, as far as I get it. And this time even the Armory Master might be unable to prevent the disaster. Would you want Grate this fate?
It is not condemning Grate to death for his action. It is saving those who can yet be saved, rather than condemning them to death for your own inability to act.

Or maybe only practically nothing I can do. Just... save the kid if he can be saved.
Looking sternly, Maurice walked out of the briefing room. Turning the corner, he typed a message to the Doctor on his wristpad as he kept his fast pace.
Can the boy be helped?
Can you save him?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21170 on: December 09, 2013, 05:20:05 pm »

"I don't want to kill a child, especially one on our team, Steve. If he actually does become a threat to us then I'll think about it, but right now he hasn't harmed anyone."

>No, seriously, Jim. You wanna go kill your kid for me? Because honestly, granting him death before he becomes something beyond our control is about all we can do right now.

Though not directed at him, the sentence still makes Anton turn his head.
"Kill him? We spent near a damn year in the company of things no more messed up than he is, far as I can see - courtesy of you, I might add. Steve. Don't tell me this planet is so small that you can't allocate a space for a single being like him." He starts gesticulating and pacing as his speech gradually becomes louder. "When he came to fight that damn wheelchaired space wizard, I gave him a rifle! I could have sent him away, I could have prevented him from being killed in the first place, but I did not! I am not going to condemn a child to death, for becoming... an abomination, against physics - just because he tried to become useful! Not any more than..." Anton looks around, trying and failing to find Xan in the room. He passes his gaze over the various people in the room instead, the assembly of robots, synthflesh constructs, and modified humans, settling on Lyra. "...not any more than I would condemn any of us, for trying the same."
He turns to walk out of the room, but pauses in the doorway.
"If anyone else feels or thinks that way... feel free to start coming up with ideas to save him. I'll go see what I can see."

"Jim, Anton, I understand you'd be averse to killing a child. Especially you Jim, I heard you and him are kinda close.
But did you see that? That wasn't normal, not even for us. I have seen before what happens when people mess with stuff they don't understand, be it technology or 'magic' or whatever. I was there when Timmy exploded and left nothing but magical artifacts that completely healed people somehow, and I was there when Leon got dragged away by some daemon to whatever hell dimension it resides in when he used that magic without knowing what it was.

Now look, I'm not saying we should just kill him without trying to save him first, but for all we know he'll be going supernova within a minute, and we need to be ready to do the necessary if that happens. Jim, if you want to help me, I'd appreciate it, but standing at the sidelines and just hoping for the best could turn out disastrous. He could be a time bomb waiting to go off, he could stabilize on his own, but whatever happens, we need to take some action."

Then, he turns to open comms: "If anyone wants to join me to check on Grate, report to the hangar now. Only come if you can actually contribute anything, I don't need a gang of disaster tourists just running along and getting themselves hurt in the progress. Pancaek, you're good with amps, I could use your help. Milno, if you could give some backup, it would be appreciated. Flint, I'd ask if Gilgamesh is ready, but I'm not sure if you'd be of particular help against this kind of thing. No offense buddy. If you think you could help though, I wouldn't turn it down."

Miyamoto waits for whoever wants to join him, then sets of to track the Gratething. If the AM had any tips on how to help or stabilize him with his manip, he'll try so.

'Dammit, this is just like with that deathcrystal all over again.' He thought to himself. 'We have no idea what it is or what it could do, yet we can't just sit here and wait it out. Gah, why do I always have to organize the hunting parties. Though it may just as well be a killteam this time 'round. And it's just a kid this time too. Goddamn.'

((Because I don't know how to trope.))

((As I have stated before, if you simply type up the trope and accompanying 'flavor text' then I'm willing to add it to the page, just post it here in the thread. Or learn how to do it, it's easy and literally doesn't take more than 5 minutes.))
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 05:31:41 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21171 on: December 09, 2013, 05:35:15 pm »

((I am adding more people to the character page. Since there are a lot of people, I will likely add new folders based off which mission they started in. It will be up to you guy to trope them, though.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #21172 on: December 09, 2013, 05:46:35 pm »

Pan tenses up for a second, then hangs his head

"It seems our expertise is needed"
"Yeah, nice going dipshit. By showing you're actually useful at times with that little stunt of yours, you've just been selected to go hunt the grate big magical anomaly!"[/size]

"I'm not going to lie, I don't like the sound of this. I'll come, but the moment he starts speaking in tongues or shit starts getting biblical, I'm fucking out of there."
accompany Miyamoto, make sure Miyamoto is between me and danger at all times

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #21173 on: December 09, 2013, 05:49:03 pm »

Go on "evacuate idiots" duty. That means get idiots-in-danger and innocent bystanders away from danger. People who stand no chance of helping with the whole Grate situation also count as idiots.
Also carry people around with rockets if they ask or if it's necessary.
If the AM/Doctor/Steve says there is a way to non-lethally help Grate and I could do it, go do it.
Tell/Message AM:
"I know you'll tell me I'm an idiot for trying, but I don't care. You have experience with the forces at play here. I know you have abilities similar to the child's and yet yours are under control. Could you tell me if it's possible to teach Grate to control his powers like you do? Is there any way to help him without killing him? Could you please at least try to help him? I know I don't have much to offer to one such as you, but I'd be willing to do anything if you help him. I mean it. Anything."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #21174 on: December 09, 2013, 05:52:08 pm »

STEPHEN HAWKING takes a walk with Jim. "So, worse comes to worst, we still have the other one up in the infirmary, correct?"

-snip- "but I'd be willing to do anything if you help him. I mean it. Anything."

((Queue the AM turning you into her boy-toy XD))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21175 on: December 09, 2013, 06:11:42 pm »

retract my claws, but still hold on tight to Jim. leave my face buried against him so he's the only one that can feel or see that it is wet.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #21176 on: December 09, 2013, 06:16:49 pm »

retract my claws, but still hold on tight to Jim. leave my face buried against him so he's the only one that can feel or see that it is wet.
((STEPHEN HAWKING QUANTUM-SENSIFIES THAT KITTY IS SADS!))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #21177 on: December 09, 2013, 06:19:23 pm »

STEPHEN HAWKING takes a walk with Jim. "So, worse comes to worst, we still have the other one up in the infirmary, correct?"

-snip- "but I'd be willing to do anything if you help him. I mean it. Anything."

((Queue the AM turning you into her boy-toy XD))
((Nah, she already has Milno for that.

... Oh crap, she's going to turn me into a Milno doll and lock me in a closet, isn't she?
Just kidding, she can probably summon a Milno doll out of thin air, she doesn't need me. She probably has thousands of them in a level of the sword so she can- No! Bad Paris. Stop being posessed by May.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21178 on: December 09, 2013, 06:34:18 pm »

((I added everyone from mission 1-10 to the tvtropes characters page, and Nyars. Haven't added everyone from mission 11 yet, because I haven't read that far.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21179 on: December 09, 2013, 06:37:31 pm »

"Let me get this straight. You want us to go kill Grate so this shit hopefully stops happening, right? Because if so, I'll do it. Killed him once, might as well finish the job. Sorry Jim. It's for the crew."

Head out towards Grate. Use the mass amp to stop anyone trying to prevent me from going. Be as non-lethal as possible, and try to keep their brains intact.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 1410 1411 [1412] 1413 1414 ... 2101