_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1330 1331 [1332] 1333 1334 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937754 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: He is the One!
« Reply #19965 on: November 01, 2013, 03:53:41 am »

Anton is more alarmed than relieved at hearing Steve's voice blare through the base's PA system. With all this talk of enemies that mess with others' minds, even such a small discrepancy as the announcement not happening over the radio, where Steve had previously warned everyone not to speak out loud, is enough to incite suspicion.

After a moment's consideration, he decides to respond in kind, turning his suit's loudspeakers on.

"Welcome back, commander big green and cuddly! I take it the incursion went well? We're done? So, then. When do we get to blast the rest of this installation off the face of this bloody rock?" Anton motions around himself, just in case there are any cameras around to see him. "And I mean that last part literally."

Wage verbal counter-warfare against imaginary deceptive opponents. Holster Gauss rifle. Red Hand to taser mode, keep safety off.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 03:56:00 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #19966 on: November 01, 2013, 05:21:59 am »

((Well, what should[/] he do, run in the opposite direction?))
((That's what he did last time :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #19967 on: November 01, 2013, 07:21:06 am »

"time to sneak by..."
sneak on through, get to top of sword use vantage point to be invisible lookout
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19968 on: November 01, 2013, 10:57:49 am »

((Well, what should he do, run in the opposite direction?))
((That's what he did last time :P))
((He wasn't doing stuff and Hawk was actively traumatizing him.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #19969 on: November 01, 2013, 11:06:56 am »

Inquire at Steve or current team leader on squad status.

Inquire this, too:
"Steve. It's been a while since we talked. And I wonder. Given how the AM has knowledge in disarming explosives, if one goes off in the Sword-does the ship itself have any repair mechanism or device to defend internally?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #19970 on: November 01, 2013, 11:33:50 am »

"Hey Steve!"

Get data removed.
The Armory master hooks you up to a panel and a progress bar appears on your faceplate. It buzzes from 1% to 100% in a few seconds.

>Alright. Lets see. Yep, one shadow walker, a handful of UE's. Sent here by someone represented with a code word, from somewhere represented by a code word. Helpful. Good news is that it appears they were not expecting us, rather then were expecting a rebellion of indentured workers. Yeah, apparently there had been a lot of rumblings of mutiny and someone with a substantial stake in this place didn't want something as boring as a worker's rebellion to infringe on his profit margins.

Quote from: Pancaek -> Miyamoto
Hey buddy! Good to hear you've completed your objective. I'd love to help you with your shadowwalker problem, but I just stopped a barrage of gauss round mid-air and then send them back to the sods, leveling a few rooms as well. I'm sorry to say that I won't be much help right now, as I only seem to mentally capable of hugging the floor with my face for a while. How are you doing, by the way?

Love and huggles,
Your friend,
Pancaek.

stand up slowly, then poke around the gibs and look for a baton and a skull. Also look for other shinies, though I doubt anything worthwhile wasn't lifelocked. When done searching or at first sign of trouble, get back into cover
A baton is easy to find. So is a severed head. You're gonna need to de-flesh it through. Really, batons seem to be the only thing intact around here; everything else is either sliced up or melted itself. The smell of burning flesh and thermite is probably something truly horrifying. Thank god for space suits.

Maintain my (was my action skipped even though you quoted it? you didn't say anything about it) new post on top of the cage. watch for incoming LESHO fire and be ready to fry the electronics inside.
((i think miyamoto handled the earlier LESHO round the hard way))
Thats weird...I remember writing it too...Oh well, yeah, you went to the top of the cage and are now keeping one cat eye out for trouble.

"Not a lot to show for our expedition. Well, I don't think there's anything like a teleportation amp..."

Check the walls around.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

The walls are an unimpressive beige stucco. Probably plastic reinforcement in there somewhere too. Nothing special. You could probably bash through it with relative ease.

Æxöllllllllt! Thæe mōōst bę àlmat domê.

Be the best patient ever!

((All righty))
You wake up. At least you think you do. But everything is black and you can't feel, taste, hear or smell anything. After few moments like this you suddenly do hear something.

"You are currently a slurry of undifferentiated cells. Reform yourself as you'd like."

"Aye.  Distraction?"

Look for less-obvious entrances.  Check in with other teams.  "Building looks clear, no sign of spy.  Anyone mindjacked?
It's not a lack of entrances, it's the fact that the hall is lined with entrances, the hall leads to a concourse that goes for miles and there's not exactly footprints to lead you back  any further then this. There's too many possibilities and not enough evidence.

Quite good fun, how was your conversation with ARES? Jack's got your data from the blackship ...and the flight computer. Could I get that back so I can get back out there to support our remote teams?

Also, I hear the other team is having a problem with LESHO rounds... any chance the point defense lasers on that blackship could handle that?

Welcome the return of our benevolent overlord, then ask if I can get a copy of the flight computer back.

If I do, head down to the blackship and reinstall the flight computer.

After Jack is done sticking his wire in the ship, you take your turn.

Steve gives you back the ship's software and a program that will load it onto the ship.

>Maybe. Or I should say, it will probably be at least partially effective on solid shells. Nuclear tipped shells usually have auto-detonation protocols if their shell is being compromised after firing.

Hey peeps, Miyamoto here.

We've taken control of the command room. Small problem: there is a Shadow Walker lobbing thermonuclear rocket-assisted gauss rounds at us. Now that he has so conveniently revealed his position, would any of you be so kind to go hunt him down? Or at least shoot any further rounds out of the sky, 'cause I am currently taking a headache induced siesta here.

Cheers,

Miya

A Shadow Walker, I'm going there right now.

Steve, could give me Miyamoto's location?

Go to where Miyamoto says the Shadow Walker is, get ready for any incoming attacks. Enter Bullet-time if necessary for defense or attack.

You're back at the crater in minutes, looking up at the control towers in the distance. There are 5 of them, and you don't see anything moving on any of them. Miyamoto and Milno's info said the shot came from one of the three middle towers, and steve says the SW is probably already in the middle of repositioning. Hmm. How to handle this...

then get into cover and wait and see if any bogies comes up.
Nothing as of yet.

"Hrmm. This may take a while."

Head to the armory, order a few beers and a new clip for my rifle. Drink beers, load clip, and get back to the gangway. Pick up a few batons if possible.

((Obviously the best plan here is to drink the pain away!))
[End:1+1]
You try to sit up but immediately collapse back down into bed, cursing.

"OW OW OK Bad Idea ow."

"Alright, alright. Don't mind me, I'll be a little distance away, discussing skateboards with scientists."

Find the science lab, or at least its entrance, look for somebody who looks like a doorman or representative for it.
That representative is easy to find; he's sitting in a booth not unlike the Armory Master's, flipping through a copy of "Physicists Illustrated."

((I thought there were a few left. Whoops.))
"Oh. That's good."
Head back in. Go and take some recreational drugs. The norm.
I like how thomas has two modes
1.Murder
2.Hedonist coma

You take a few blue pills and a red and green pill. Your legs stop working and you flop onto the ground. You feel like you're trapped under 10,000 kittens, lost in a nest of soft fur and gentle vibrations.

"Oh, right, the mission. With wounded people. That's importanter." Grate sighs. "Whatever's going on here is a lot more important than anything I'll ever be able to do."

Grate quickly leaves the infirmary, also leaving a message for the Doctor.
Quote from: Grate -> Doctor (Minimal Priority
Dear Doctor,
I found some animals I might test with. Would you like one to experiment on, dissect, etc? And either way, could you sequence the DNA of one so I could get more if I ran out?
Sincerely,
Grate

Then, he heads for the barracks and tries to find a place to keep his pets/subjects.

Leave message for Doc to read when he has time. Search for pet-keeping place. Wish I wasn't so useless.
"I mean, there are people getting shot at, and I can't shoot them, or shoot the bullets. What if it was Miss Feyri that got shot with the lesshow bullets because I couldn't help? I hope I start being helpful soon..."
You stow your crate of fuzzy whatsits near your bed. They make strange gerbil/cricket noises.

Colors inverted? That's strange.

Next time the doc walks through, ask about the side effects.
You try to look down. You look up.

"OH come on! Who put the controls on inverted too. Who does that! What am I, flying a plane?"

STEPHEN HAWKING grabs up assorted body parts and retreats to the Sword. Mission: Frankenstein.
Also say hi to Grate when I pass him (WE'RE USELESS BUDDIES :P)

You, carrying armfuls of steaming human remains, say hello to the small child. Where exactly are you bringing these?

Anton is more alarmed than relieved at hearing Steve's voice blare through the base's PA system. With all this talk of enemies that mess with others' minds, even such a small discrepancy as the announcement not happening over the radio, where Steve had previously warned everyone not to speak out loud, is enough to incite suspicion.

After a moment's consideration, he decides to respond in kind, turning his suit's loudspeakers on.

"Welcome back, commander big green and cuddly! I take it the incursion went well? We're done? So, then. When do we get to blast the rest of this installation off the face of this bloody rock?" Anton motions around himself, just in case there are any cameras around to see him. "And I mean that last part literally."

Wage verbal counter-warfare against imaginary deceptive opponents. Holster Gauss rifle. Red Hand to taser mode, keep safety off.

>We don't, ya adorable sociopath. We're gonna use this bloody rock to build ourselves an army. Or at least the equipment for it. Though we're going to have to get the flesh vats up and working; but I'm sure the Doc will be more then happy to do that.

"time to sneak by..."
"time to sneak by..."
You climb up to the top of the cage and creep around near the cat girl, making ghost noises.

"WOOOOOO Invisible Lookout! WOOOOOO"

Inquire at Steve or current team leader on squad status.

Inquire this, too:
"Steve. It's been a while since we talked. And I wonder. Given how the AM has knowledge in disarming explosives, if one goes off in the Sword-does the ship itself have any repair mechanism or device to defend internally?"

>Well, the ship won't allow any of it's own bombs to go off in here, but if you're asking about bombs in general, there are systems of containment. Though automated repair is limited. Thats what crewmen are for. Or the armory master, if we're in a really bad place.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19971 on: November 01, 2013, 11:39:56 am »

That representative is easy to find; he's sitting in a booth not unlike the Armory Master's, flipping through a copy of "Physicists Illustrated."

((Given what we know of the staff, I wonder what exactly it's illustrating.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19972 on: November 01, 2013, 12:29:07 pm »

"time to sneak by..."
"time to sneak by..."
You climb up to the top of the cage and creep around near the cat girl, making ghost noises.

"WOOOOOO Invisible Lookout! WOOOOOO"
!!!!!
Sharply sit up and look around, when more sounds are made, sharply twist around to stare at the source of the sound, sniff around and attempt to locate whoever is up here with me. if I think I've managed to find them and they aren't near any edges, dropoffs, or other terrain hazards, pounce on them.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19973 on: November 01, 2013, 01:04:49 pm »

Snippy, snippy, where are you....

Enter BT. Search the right tower and see if I can find him. Try to figure out where he will be hiding.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19974 on: November 01, 2013, 01:42:47 pm »

So the nuclear tipped rounds that he would almost certainly fire at a hostile ship would just detonate if the point defense shot them? Awesome. What would happen if I were to, say, accelerate? Those maneuvering thrusters can only do so much, would it also explode as a last resort? And how many of rounds for the LESHO should we expect him to have? That thing is bloody expensive, I can't imagine he has many rounds, nuclear or otherwise...

Defense team: Air Skylar is getting ready to warm up and head back out there. Our target is that Shadow Hunter, I'll be providing transport and eye's-in-the-sky over to those towers. Be aware, we may come under hostile LESHO fire. Anyone that thinks they can defend the ship from a LESHO round is also welcome aboard.

Ask Steve, head down to the blackship and reinstall the software.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 08:01:20 pm by Kriellya »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19975 on: November 01, 2013, 01:49:13 pm »

"Ohhhhhhh bad idea. Can I get some painkiller at least?"

If possible, aquire painkiller, then go grab some batons. If not possible, just await treatment.

((OHGODXAN. There are going to be many problems with him later I believe.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19976 on: November 01, 2013, 02:21:54 pm »

Go join Skylar in blackship Sit on a seat. Don't die.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Who reads these?
« Reply #19977 on: November 01, 2013, 02:23:58 pm »

"You are currently a slurry of undifferentiated cells."
((Even the brain?))

((OHGODXAN. There are going to be many problems with him later I believe.))
((This is a surprise?))

"Hm...I wonder how far I can go before we blast off."
Perform a more details investigation of their anatomy. Most notably, attempt to determine how they normally move around and what kind of mouthparts they possess.
While I'm at it, examine their typical behavior.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19978 on: November 01, 2013, 02:51:50 pm »

Charles approaches the ship Skylar is about to use. He checks whether he could attach his turret to it.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19979 on: November 01, 2013, 03:44:59 pm »

>We don't, ya adorable sociopath. We're gonna use this bloody rock to build ourselves an army. Or at least the equipment for it. Though we're going to have to get the flesh vats up and working; but I'm sure the Doc will be more then happy to do that.

((Oh hell yes. If this goes right we'll have our own army to command. The armchair strategist inside me is squealing with potential glee right now.

...I wonder if we'll be able to use the data from mission seven to build our own army of murderbots.))

After Jack is done sticking his wire in the ship, you take your turn.

Steve gives you back the ship's software and a program that will load it onto the ship.

>Maybe. Or I should say, it will probably be at least partially effective on solid shells. Nuclear tipped shells usually have auto-detonation protocols if their shell is being compromised after firing.

((May I suggest you guys don't fly directly towards him, but instead load up just a few (3-4) men and go in wide circle, flying low to prevent him getting a shot at you. You can then can flank him that way, and cut of his escape route. Or at least limit his mobility. Be sure not to go understrength though, or he'll just take you down and take his ship back.))

((Cue him shooting it and someone tampering with it with an amp, blowing the SW and the surrounding area sky high.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 1330 1331 [1332] 1333 1334 ... 2101