_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924220 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Try expanding the laser rifle body and barrel to accomodate for changes in the circuitry and arrays. Also test the unchanged laser rifle configuration with the cutting laser battery - how much can it withstand if there are no changes to circuitry.
Test how attaching the power generator to the laser rifle, the cutting laser and the plasma cannon changes the performance of those, to what capacity it amounts, how fast does it regenerate the energy and how strong a man has to be to operate those efficiently.
Also try making a backpack version of the power generator which would connect to the weapons via cables of standartized plug design.

Damn it! I totally forgot about the safety measures - what if right now we were under attack and I knew nothing? Well, Steve would've probably informed us, but still.. and what if the comrades have returned from the mission and I wouldn't know?
Install an additional display and audio set to monitor what is going on outside the VR simulation, and to hear and see if something is broadcasted over intercom or to the TV stations.
((Yeah, I definetly don't want to miss the chance to see that fight IC, if it gets broadcasted ;- ) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

and begins the fight in earnest.
((Just get the carnage started D:))
I'm not sure what he wants to do when he just says "and then I fight" because he has multiple weapons. I could just have him charge with the Tesla Sabre for glory though. Not that I really matters either way...

Try expanding the laser rifle body and barrel to accomodate for changes in the circuitry and arrays. Also test the unchanged laser rifle configuration with the cutting laser battery - how much can it withstand if there are no changes to circuitry.
Test how attaching the power generator to the laser rifle, the cutting laser and the plasma cannon changes the performance of those, to what capacity it amounts, how fast does it regenerate the energy and how strong a man has to be to operate those efficiently.
Also try making a backpack version of the power generator which would connect to the weapons via cables of standartized plug design.

Damn it! I totally forgot about the safety measures - what if right now we were under attack and I knew nothing? Well, Steve would've probably informed us, but still.. and what if the comrades have returned from the mission and I wouldn't know?
Install an additional display and audio set to monitor what is going on outside the VR simulation, and to hear and see if something is broadcasted over intercom or to the TV stations.
((Yeah, I definetly don't want to miss the chance to see that fight IC, if it gets broadcasted ;- ) ))
The expanded rifle you eventually sketch out using the computer is a fair bit bigger then a normal one and heavier to match.

You connect a laser rifle to a cutting laser battery and test it out. It doesn't fire. You open it up and find that the first bank of capacitors has shorted out.

The power generator attached to the laser rifle appears to give it 60 seconds of continuous fire. Cutting laser works for about 30 and the plasma projector doesn't even activate. In all cases the generator recovers about 10% of its charge per "Turn". Holding the weapons with the generator mounted on them would require, +4 strength to whatever the current requirements are.

A back pack version of the generator with connecting cables is possible, but a standardized plug is something you'd have to create and graft on to each weapon you wish to use, since such a thing doesn't exist on the weapons currently. The backpack would not have a strength requirement.

(When you say to set up a monitor and audio system, what do you mean? You don't have a microphone or video camera on you.)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

If I can't see them, odds are they can't see me either. Change position, but stay low, in cover and out of sight as much as possible. Before I move, throw a rock the opposite way I'm going to attract their attention.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Feyri looked at the Armory Master with blade drawn, sweeping it in front of her like a ward.

"I have made my move, ma'am. It is now yours to act." she replied.

The first strike seemed like a trivial move in every battle to the observer but Feyri knew, from her years of training with the Crimson Ire, that movement and momentum would be the defining moment of a direct attack that succeeded or failed.

Unless, she had a ranged weapon. Then Feyri's plan would be all for naught.

She cursed silently after seeing this fact.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yadayadayada
((Now we will get to see some action.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Assemble the expanded rifle and test it out; measure its accuracy and weight.
Calculate what capacity would the (standart) laser rifle have with plasma cannon battery plugged, and what parts need to be replaced for it to work.
Estimate the price of a power generator in tokens.
Try using a more powerful power generator with the plasma cannon. Then test it being linked to the cutting laser.

((Nah, I wanted to set up something like a TV set like that in rec/mess hall, receiving the same TV signal, but that would probably require physical connection to the board TV cables or something like that, and thus be too problematic or outright impossible, so never mind.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

If I can't see them, odds are they can't see me either. Change position, but stay low, in cover and out of sight as much as possible. Before I move, throw a rock the opposite way I'm going to attract their attention.
You toss a rock and then crouch run in the opposite direction...and directly into Susan.
[Susan con wep:6]
Susan doesn't even aim as she fires,the barrel of her gauss rifle only feet from you. The screen fades black with the caption "GAME OVER" in the center.

((The two gunners were flanking you when you were blind.))

Feyri looked at the Armory Master with blade drawn, sweeping it in front of her like a ward.

"I have made my move, ma'am. It is now yours to act." she replied.

The first strike seemed like a trivial move in every battle to the observer but Feyri knew, from her years of training with the Crimson Ire, that movement and momentum would be the defining moment of a direct attack that succeeded or failed.

Unless, she had a ranged weapon. Then Feyri's plan would be all for naught.

She cursed silently after seeing this fact.
[Exotic wep:6-1]
The armory master shrugs and raises her hand, points her finger at you and says "Bang", pantomiming recoil for a second before letting her arm drop.

"You've got about one minute of consciousness left. Less if you run around." She smiles, "Make it count."

Assemble the expanded rifle and test it out; measure its accuracy and weight.
Calculate what capacity would the (standart) laser rifle have with plasma cannon battery plugged, and what parts need to be replaced for it to work.
Estimate the price of a power generator in tokens.
Try using a more powerful power generator with the plasma cannon. Then test it being linked to the cutting laser.

((Nah, I wanted to set up something like a TV set like that in rec/mess hall, receiving the same TV signal, but that would probably require physical connection to the board TV cables or something like that, and thus be too problematic or outright impossible, so never mind.))
The expanded rifle, complete with cutting laser battery, seems as accurate as the ordinary one. Weight wise though, it's a good bit heavier (Strength 3 required)

The standard laser rifle, if sufficiently modified to work with plasma projector's battery, would have something in the order of 500 seconds of power, according to the computer.

The computer says the current power generator you've been messing with costs 5 token.

(Before you try that, I'll just let you know what the power required for the plasma projector is much higher then anything a generator you can carry without a exoskeleton can crank out.)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 02:04:14 am by piecewise »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Bishop rubbed his eyes, sighing as he stepped out of the machine for a moment.

"Well, I should have expected that last part. Still, me dying wasn't the point in this exercise. What do you think of the weapon computer? I liked the part where it sliced through that cyborg and the pillar behind him. I personally think that it may need some more protection around the barrel, but outside input is always useful to a point."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

(Before you try that, I'll just let you know what the power required for the plasma projector is much higher then anything a generator you can carry without a exoskeleton can crank out.)
((Okay. Thanks!))
Compare the cutting power of the expanded laser rifle with that of the ordinary laser rifle; find out the expanded laser rifle intensity setting effective operating cap - it is probably higher now.
Make a pistol version of the expanded laser rifle and try out its weight ((estimate the strength requirement, that is)).
Calculate the capacity the power generator provides to the expanded laser rifle.
Search for a bigger and more powerful generator, one with double the capacity of the currently used one; estimate its weight and price.
Past Sigs

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( :o . . . My face, right now.

And...six feet+ blade. XD ))

Feyri was confused. Was that one of the strange alien weapons that messed with the psyche? Or was she pushing her to make the first move?

Strangely, she felt that this was going to get a hell lot worse soon if she waited.

CHARGE! Attack with my Sabre > Lower Body!

Stick to the middle of the platform!

It must be a psychotic amp. Yes. The 'Bang' wasn't loud enough.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((A "psychotic amp" is strangely fitting of her.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Bishop rubbed his eyes, sighing as he stepped out of the machine for a moment.

"Well, I should have expected that last part. Still, me dying wasn't the point in this exercise. What do you think of the weapon computer? I liked the part where it sliced through that cyborg and the pillar behind him. I personally think that it may need some more protection around the barrel, but outside input is always useful to a point."
>It's functional enough, though you did pit yourself against a bunch of weaklings and lose. I'll pay for the parts for a prototype so you can build and test it in a real situation. If it performs well then consider it part of the arsenal.   

((Okay. Thanks!))
Compare the cutting power of the expanded laser rifle with that of the ordinary laser rifle; find out the expanded laser rifle intensity setting effective operating cap - it is probably higher now.
Make a pistol version of the expanded laser rifle and try out its weight ((estimate the strength requirement, that is)).
Calculate the capacity the power generator provides to the expanded laser rifle.
Search for a bigger and more powerful generator, one with double the capacity of the currently used one; estimate its weight and price.

The expanded laser rifle appears to have about twice the cutting power of a normal laser when both on on their highest intensity setting, 10X.

You modify a copy of the extended rifle, removing the focusing chambers 5-3, and switching the rifle grip and stock for a pistol grip. It seems relatively light (Strength 2).

The extended laser rifle gets about the same time as the cutting laser does from the generator, about 30 seconds of continuous power.

You search for a more powerful generator. You find that there are several that are more powerful without becoming much heavier (+1 more strength then the other) but they're substantially more pricey (10 token).

(( :o . . . My face, right now.

And...six feet+ blade. XD ))

Feyri was confused. Was that one of the strange alien weapons that messed with the psyche? Or was she pushing her to make the first move?

Strangely, she felt that this was going to get a hell lot worse soon if she waited.

CHARGE! Attack with my Sabre > Lower Body!

Stick to the middle of the platform!

You charge forward, your tesla sabre carving a glowing path through the air as you swing it for the Armory Masters lower body. [Dex:1] You swing and some how, despite the absurd length of your blade, miss her entirely. In fact, you miss so badly that you throw yourself off balance and trip, skidding a dozen feet on your face before stopping. You drag yourself up and the armory master hasn't even turned to look at you, she's just standing with her back to you, tapping her foot.

"40 seconds."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"A bunch of weaklings under the control of a computer that can see the entire environment and plan accordingly. Not to mention that I have never used that type of suit before and the whole purpose of the fight was to test the weapon. So don't give me any undeserved crap computer."

Shaking his head, Bishop decided to take the time to improve the design again, remembering how the barrel and cylinders got fried by the lazer.

Hop back into tinker and see if I can create armor plating for the barrel of the gun, as well as for the ammo cylinder. Design a simple quick loader for the cylinder as well to go with the weapon as well.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I am cheering for Feyri. Do it!))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

'Forty seconds, there must be other arsenal that she would be wielding. Something that may affect everything around her...

Stupid psychotic amps!'

Feyri stands up and attacks her again with that Sabre! In a Stabbing > Slashing motion!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 2101