_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1091 1092 [1093] 1094 1095 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5925919 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #16380 on: September 01, 2013, 06:28:37 pm »

This system as proposed would give team leaders the power to play favor politics. I think that's a bad idea, and since it can be easily avoided without major sacrifices to the game, I don't think it should be done.
Your view on the responsibilities of the leader, and whether I should be allowed to assume something, is frankly irrelevant.))
((Why shouldn't we give the leaders the opportunity to abuse their power? Doesn't it make things more interesting, make for a better story?))

However, I still picture Milno as a woman
((He's 17 and O_o Huh?))
((Also, you see something wrong with my vision of Milno?))
((Knowing someone is a teenage man and picturing him as a woman is a bit strange. The word picture implies intention. Maybe the word you're looking for is mistake him?))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16381 on: September 01, 2013, 06:34:04 pm »

..Also the later 'huh' was on how you saw Milno--you never said how and I wonder how you wonder that. And yes, Stacy is male.))
((Oh, as I already said, I view her as a female. Not revealing, or suggestive or anything. Buff, strong, broad-shouldered, simple (rural) face, not very pretty, a little taller than average, but female. The way action women should be portrayed. If anything, helps with the gender balance on the ship. I didn't actually realize she was male until the romance with the Armory Master started, but it doesn't really change much besides making her bisexual, which isn't really a big deal.))
((Knowing someone is a teenage man and picturing him as a woman is a bit strange. The word picture implies intention. Maybe the word you're looking for is mistake him?))
((Mistake implies admittance of wrong. I do not believes it is wrong for me to thing of Milno as a woman. And I'm not going to bother policing myself to keep out of the ever-growing number of innuendos found in modern language.))

((Yes, while delegating something to a non-GM authority does have that probability, however on the implication of subtle shady dealings and such, it is pretty obvious if they do that. Everything is handled by the GM though, and I'm seeing that as a case of wording--basically a 'Steve +Community' deal only that the first step in handling anything is shown to be given to leaders first instead of that mention. I got what you're saying, silly  it's just that I'm poking at how that could be misrepresented. It seemed like you were leaning on bias rather than discussing it, then.
((How was I not discussing it? Anyway, it would not be obvious if they did that. It would probably not even be obvious to themselves. But you have several people who all deserve something, you're going to pick the one you like more, and you can find a dozen reasons to well justify it.

What I see, is the choice between a system that will probably be fine, but has to rely on people to not be dicks, can potentially go wrong, and always has the problem of dissatisfied players accusing other players of favoritism, whether it happened or not.

On the other hand, you have a system that is guaranteed to work, and when the bias comes, will at least be contained to GM and not to the players.))

Because of the level system,..... case in mention
((I've lost track of what we're arguing for, so I'm not going to respond. Because I can nitpick, but if there isn't a bigger topic...))

((Why shouldn't we give the leaders the opportunity to abuse their power? Doesn't it make things more interesting, make for a better story?))
((In a different game. In here, the majority of people agree that abusing power is a bad thing, and the above-mentioned leaders pretty much flat-out stated they wouldn't do it. If the atmosphere was different, and abuse was seen as a positive thing and good roleplaying, that would be true.))
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 06:41:07 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16382 on: September 01, 2013, 06:39:19 pm »

((I oppose the proposal of the new system. Communism is EVIL.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16383 on: September 01, 2013, 06:40:21 pm »

((The fancy text made your arguement at least five times better.

That being said, I like the sound of the new system. BUDGETING!))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16384 on: September 01, 2013, 06:40:45 pm »

((Don't think of it as communism, think of it as hiring managers :P))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16385 on: September 01, 2013, 06:43:29 pm »

((Don't think of it as communism, think of it as hiring managers :P))
((And thus we all became combat accountants.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16386 on: September 01, 2013, 06:43:54 pm »

..Also the later 'huh' was on how you saw Milno--you never said how and I wonder how you wonder that. And yes, Stacy is male.))
((Oh, as I already said, I view her as a female. Not revealing, or suggestive or anything. Buff, strong, broad-shouldered, simple (rural) face, not very pretty, a little taller than average, but female. The way action women should be portrayed. If anything, helps with the gender balance on the ship. I didn't actually realize she was male until the romance with the Armory Master started, but it doesn't really change much besides making her bisexual, which isn't really a big deal.))
((o_o

Ok I feel very insulted on the inside when you say 'should' as if women can't even look anybit different from what is said there. >_> But that's just me. Though I understand how the physical characteristics follow the qualities of strength and all such stuff (medical student here)..putting a 'should' isolates anyone else who looks less. Like those whose muscle mass doesn't inherently go along 'broad and buff' (look at Feyri pre-robot-ishness). A person's body can still be lean while having innate strength compared to the broad and buff figures of strength. [Or were you comparing the 'should' part to..some of the unrealistic parts of the media portrayed today where it's sexualized instead? I can go with that too :/]...Or just me envisioning one of a bodybuilder model judging by "Buff, strong, broad-shouldered."

..But gender balance on the ship? That I don't quite get.

What I see, is the choice between a system that will probably be fine, but has to rely on people to not be dicks, can potentially go wrong, and always has the problem of dissatisfied players accusing the players of favoritism, whether it happened or not.
I guess we attribute it to how it was worded :/

On the other hand, you have a system that is guaranteed to work, and when the bias comes, will at least be contained to GM and not to the players.
However this works out what we were arguing about :P

Anyway, on the new system..I'd really wonder how the many players and stuff will be handled. Or exactly how it'll work--mostly much of the hype a rebellion would cause anyway, but it would be really fun to watch.))
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 06:54:56 pm by Tiruin »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16387 on: September 01, 2013, 06:56:25 pm »

Ok I feel very insulted on the inside when you say 'should' as if women can't even look anybit different from what is said there. >_> But that's just me. Though I understand how the physical characteristics follow the qualities of strength and all such stuff (medical student here)..putting a 'should' isolates anyone else who looks less. Like those whose muscle mass doesn't inherently go along 'broad and buff' (look at Feyri pre-robot-ishness). A person's body can still be lean while having innate strength compared to the broad and buff figures of strength. [Or were you comparing the 'should' part to..some of the unrealistic parts of the media portrayed today where it's sexualized instead? I can go with that too :/]

..But gender balance on the ship? That I don't quite get.
((Yes. Over-sexualised is bad. Over-cute is bad too.

And gender balance? Ok, we now have a sizable contingent of woman on the ship, but I think that a lot of those are new arrivals. If you don't mind me reffering to my own chart:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/10vJjoUtob1USVHdU3HZrFNfxyyeQ8wbXPmXUYR8mdt8/edit

Mission 1:     3 Male, 2 Female
Mission 3:     4 Male, 1 Female
Mission 6:     7 Male, 3 Female
Mission 7:     9 Male, 1 Female
Mission 9:    13 Male, 2 Female (Also, Zephyris went MIA and Simus is not even a woman #oldjoke.)

And to top it, do you know how many women we have in top performers? One. Faith. And she's hardly the biggest earner if you look at her earnings. Bishop, Miyamoto, Flint, Milno, Jim, et cetera are all men.

PS: Now count the number of women with more than a mission, who are still in their bodies. Now count the number of men.))
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 07:06:28 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16388 on: September 01, 2013, 07:01:16 pm »

(I love you sometimes for the info. Take this anyway you want. But in this context..there is no difference if you're female or male {for reference: UFO:AI series} [hence why I'm wondering if there's any sexuality-ish stuff here]. [Though aren't I one of the top is Str? >_> <_< Hmm..I remember IronyOwl having a table on that part.]

Anyway, yeah. Over-sexualized..never understood why people did that. But cute? I don't think people entered this with that notion purely in mind--attribute it to 'not experienced or conditioned physically'. But I see nobody with descriptions emphasizing cuteness, purely for being only cute.)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16389 on: September 01, 2013, 07:01:56 pm »

((Mistake implies admittance of wrong. I do not believes it is wrong for me to thing of Milno as a woman. And I'm not going to bother policing myself to keep out of the ever-growing number of innuendos found in modern language.))
((I didn't mean because of the gender specifically. I find it as strange as someone stating their character has dark hair and you imagining them with red or someone saying they are black and you imagining them as white. Strikes me as wrong to change someone's image. But maybe that's just me being strange.
((In a different game. In here, the majority of people agree that abusing power is a bad thing, and the above-mentioned leaders pretty much flat-out stated they wouldn't do it. If the atmosphere was different, and abuse was seen as a positive thing and good roleplaying, that would be true.))
((Know of many politicians that admit they're corrupt?  ;) Seriously though, as long people remember it's only a game and aren't being to much of a dick they should be fine. Nobody here strikes me as the kind of guy who loses at a game and calls everybody else cheaters. Haven't seen many people complaining to piecewise, so I don't foresee many people complaining to the leaders.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16390 on: September 01, 2013, 07:23:58 pm »

((Well this conversation has turned strange.))

[Though aren't I one of the top is Str? >_> <_< Hmm..I remember IronyOwl having a table on that part.]
((Wait, what the hell? Does Feyri have 15 Str? :o

This is a cleaned-up version of the most recent chart I have, I think:

I was thinking of starting it up again, but as more of a request service, since keeping track of people who don't provide their info is tough. And of course, tracking gear and the like would be nice.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16391 on: September 01, 2013, 07:24:22 pm »

((I probably shouldn't encourage him, but how is the new system more Communistic than the old?))

((I didn't mean because of the gender specifically. I find it as strange as someone stating their character has dark hair and you imagining them with red or someone saying they are black and you imagining them as white. Strikes me as wrong to change someone's image. But maybe that's just me being strange.
((For the record, I share this viewpoint.))

Seriously though, as long people remember it's only a game and aren't being to much of a dick they should be fine. Nobody here strikes me as the kind of guy who loses at a game and calls everybody else cheaters. Haven't seen many people complaining to piecewise, so I don't foresee many people complaining to the leaders.))
((Agreed. Especially since Steve will still be overseeing the system.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16392 on: September 01, 2013, 07:26:07 pm »

((Well this conversation has turned strange.))

[Though aren't I one of the top is Str? >_> <_< Hmm..I remember IronyOwl having a table on that part.]
((Wait, what the hell? Does Feyri have 15 Str? :o))
((I will punch you for not knowing me anymore but then I'll also hug you for the enormous amount of time you dedicated for making that table--wherein the latter has a lot more weight on the matter than anything. :<

Check my sheet. This is one benefit of using words most people don't use :D))
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 07:29:11 pm by Tiruin »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16393 on: September 01, 2013, 07:28:51 pm »

((Know of many politicians that admit they're corrupt?  ;) Seriously though, as long people remember it's only a game and aren't being to much of a dick they should be fine. Nobody here strikes me as the kind of guy who loses at a game and calls everybody else cheaters. Haven't seen many people complaining to piecewise, so I don't foresee many people complaining to the leaders.))
(([First Point regarding Milno:] No, I'm in the wrong here. I recognize it. And I won't change. Because there's nothing wrong with being in the wrong. (#Personal Opinion. Not subject to argument.)

[Second Point regarding Complainers:] "Haven't seen ... so I don't foresee" Don't jinx it. ;) Also:
What I see, is the choice between a system that will probably be fine, but has to rely on people to not be dicks, can potentially go wrong, and always has the problem of dissatisfied players accusing other players of favoritism, whether it happened or not.

On the other hand, you have a system that is guaranteed to work, and when the bias comes, will at least be contained to GM and not to the players.))

PS: Don't take it personally, but could you not bunch up all the quotes in one paragraph? Makes it very hard for me to separate.))
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 07:32:21 pm by Thearpox »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16394 on: September 01, 2013, 07:50:44 pm »

((I probably shouldn't encourage him, but how is the new system more Communistic than the old?))

((Because sharing, duh.
/isajoke.jpg

My main opposition has been that the new system is different and I don't really get it. I understood it at first, but then Debate Crew ran in and had all the arguments with economics and philosophy and all that stuff. If I could get a Laconic translation of what it actually was, I might change my views.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 1091 1092 [1093] 1094 1095 ... 2101