_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1067 1068 [1069] 1070 1071 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5920663 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #16020 on: August 30, 2013, 02:20:34 pm »

((Goodness me, this thread has exploded while I was at school, makes me wish I could've checked on it...

Also, I did not expect to end up with Milno, of you three.))

Whilst I'm fine with the fall of the UWM, considering they are about as corrupt as they could be, but I want to know, why now? What has changed in the equation that one of the organizations it built is now planning, and soon to be executing, revolt?
"Maybe they finally found a group of people strong and foolhardy enough to carry out the first step."
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16021 on: August 30, 2013, 02:26:38 pm »

Lars's joy in seeing Saint Milno again had finally been overpowered.  "Behold, Brothers!  We shall take part in the glorious ascension of Steve to retake his rightful throne overlooking the universe!  We shall be his voice, carrying his glorious message to beyond the cosmos!  All hail Mighty Steve and his three angels!  Hallelujah!

With that, Lars danced around the room with joy.

"I stand ready to serve in any way you need!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16022 on: August 30, 2013, 02:27:12 pm »

I don't know, Bishop, but there are a lot of big dogs on top.  And they get to squabbling over pieces of the pie, and they fight over power and ideals and what not, all arguing that they themselves are in charge of the one right way..  when the guys doing the dying are the grunts on the ground and the civvies that can't shoot back.  Peace, Love, Equality for all, well, those are nice, but whatever goes on tomorrow, I'm pretty sure you aren't going to find peace in the warzone.

I don't see how they'll be any different other than trading one group for another.  Doesn't mean I won't help out, done bad things before, but I'm not going to be convinced by some speeches from the next Lord High Commander.

Remember, though, whatever goes on, you always defend your mates, and in the end, there's only one man in charge of your actions, yourself.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #16023 on: August 30, 2013, 02:27:25 pm »

TUM TE TUM. ((Guess I'm stuck on the ship forever, due to not joining up sooner.))

STEPHEN HAWKING stays in stasis. Because nothing involving him is going on. Woo
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16024 on: August 30, 2013, 02:46:25 pm »

((Sorry about not continuing with the explanation. Still at workplace, which means work to be done.))

((Also, I did not expect to end up with Milno, of you three.))
((We needed a techie, as generic as the name is.))

"Those who thought of Steve are correct. He wants to replace the UWM with a new government system and he decided the time has come because we have a group of people 'competent' and large enough to finally pull it off after all the years he has spent planning and assembling this revolt." he says, his gaze following the dancing and overexcited Lars around the room. "No one should expect to be treated as a hero, though. We are still a handful of people amidst a sea of others like us fighting to achieve the same objective."

He finally catches a glance of Grate's waving hand in the midst of the crowd and furrows his brow. "Yes?"

((It is worth noting for anyone that's acting like it's the end of the world that there will still be missions. I suspect only the objectives will change, and we may still need to retrieve alien artifacts for the revolution. Also, everyone not involved in our teams is already free to roam the ship once again.

You may have noticed already, but even the information given to us isn't too complete because we are only one ship of many.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16025 on: August 30, 2013, 02:47:04 pm »

"Oh, another question. Or more like something I would like to point out. What will happen if a hostile force attacks humanity during or after our operations? Will we have the capability to defend it?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16026 on: August 30, 2013, 02:55:13 pm »

"...Oh yeah! What do I do?"

He then turns back towards Lyra and shakes her shoulder a bit. "Are you okay?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16027 on: August 30, 2013, 03:02:31 pm »

Well then. I guess I'll go wait for shit to hit the fan on board while you guys are off taking over the universe. Have fun, bring back presents.

Mill around the barracks until the debrief that will never come happens :P

(( hmm... and now I think I understand what happened last mission... Last two missions, possibly. ))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16028 on: August 30, 2013, 03:10:21 pm »

((You may have noticed already, but even the information given to us isn't too complete because we are only one ship of many.))
((Well, good. But know you should tell us what you know, so it stops being a two-tier system. I don't care if we won't know it in character, I just want to know it as a player.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #16029 on: August 30, 2013, 03:10:52 pm »

Huh. That's hardly a reveal. Of course Steve is on our side. We'd be quite dead by now otherwise. And of course he'd be the, well, brains. Eh, not like they'll tell me everything.

Gorat shrugs, not particularly concerned over being wrong. He finds a place to sit down and observe the happenings for a bit more.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16030 on: August 30, 2013, 03:21:02 pm »

((In fact, I believe Milno just told the characters almost every drop of information we were given through private messages aside from the fact Steve's physical body isn't actually housed within the Sword (the location is a secret I doubt he'll tell us) and that the name of the teams has to do with our characters' current positions. Jim and Miyamoto will be the actual leaders of the Sword's force, Milno will take care of stealthy matters.

And yes, as Milno pointed out, there are several other ships with HMRC convicts in which the same thing is supposed to be happening.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16031 on: August 30, 2013, 03:22:31 pm »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16032 on: August 30, 2013, 03:29:40 pm »

Faith twitched a bit before her systems calmed her down.

"I just got through toppling a corrupt regime," she said dryly. "Do we have time to heal? What about other things?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16033 on: August 30, 2013, 03:44:33 pm »

((In fact, I believe Milno just told the characters almost every drop of information we were given through private messages aside from the fact Steve's physical body isn't actually housed within the Sword (the location is a secret I doubt he'll tell us) and that the name of the teams has to do with our characters' current positions. Jim and Miyamoto will be the actual leaders of the Sword's force, Milno will take care of stealthy matters.

And yes, as Milno pointed out, there are several other ships with HMRC convicts in which the same thing is supposed to be happening.))
((The actual information is only half of the story. The less important part of it. The interesting part are the actual logs and pm's. I want logs, not summarisations. The way it was presented to you, the way you responded to it, et cetera.

It's the difference between reading a book and it's summary on a wikipedia.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16034 on: August 30, 2013, 03:47:08 pm »

((Stay calm if I miss a question, it happens. Still working and busy.))

"What do I do?"

"Unless you are on a team, do whatever you would normally do." Milno answers matter-of-factly.

"Oh, another question. Or more like something I would like to point out. What will happen if a hostile force attacks humanity during or after our operations? Will we have the capability to defend it?"

"The same computer capable of coordinating efforts to win against an enemy from within shouldn't have that much trouble dealing with an enemy from without. We are not the only ship in this endeavor and I just revealed what he told us minus the fact his actual 'core' or whatever is not inside this ship and our new positions, with Jim and Miya leading while my group takes care of sneak attacks. Do not expect any of us to have the answers to all the questions."

"I just got through toppling a corrupt regime," she said dryly. "Do we have time to heal? What about other things?"

"Time to heal, sure. Not sure if you'll have enough time to test your synth-flesh body in new and exciting ways, though."
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 03:49:27 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 1067 1068 [1069] 1070 1071 ... 2101