_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923723 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: The Circle of Depravity
« Reply #1560 on: May 22, 2012, 10:14:42 pm »

Good to know you're alright, Steve. A huge load has been taken off my mind.
Taste the drink I chose once more, try to understand it's flavour and texture. Oh, and if it's really tea, or not. Then, if I like it, pour more of it and take it with me back to the VR machines.

I've reached my limit of spare lives, so cannot really help you there, Nick. Still, join me in the research session after that - and comrade Milno, can I monitor his progress from outside your simulation? - he asks before Milno leaves.
Enter the tinker simulation and try installing an additional display just to watch what's there's going on in MEHMRCMS (dat  Milno-Enhanced HMRC Mission Simulator acronym from before).
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: May 22, 2012, 10:16:48 pm »

I've reached my limit of spare lives, so cannot really help you there, Nick. Still, join me in the research session after that - and comrade Milno, can I monitor his progress from outside your simulation? - he asks before Milno leaves.
"You can actually join him again, since he is back. Dying with company is always merrier."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: May 22, 2012, 10:20:51 pm »

Only if you are okay with that, comrade.
Hold on, Nick, I need to reinvent the pulse rifle before joining in. I'll be there in a minute.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: May 22, 2012, 10:21:40 pm »

Lukas looks satisfied at having his arms and legs back. "Ah, that's better. Now where are those fingers?" He sees two of them running away in the corner of his eyes and he turns his head in their direction. "Hey! Get back here you bastards!"

Will fingers back on hands. Sober up (it was only one mouthful ;))?
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: May 22, 2012, 10:28:13 pm »

((@Prosperus I'm actually a bit envious of you bending and outright dominating the percepted reality with that ease. Perhaps I should also get high on acid before the mission, eh? :) ))
Past Sigs

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: May 22, 2012, 10:29:01 pm »

((OK then))
Neil got out of his pod, then realized he was naked. Wow, don't they have any shred of decency around here? he thought as he looked around frantically for clothing.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: May 22, 2012, 10:31:11 pm »

((Ah, welcome to HMRC, Powder Miner. Enjoy your stay! :) ))
Past Sigs

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: May 22, 2012, 10:32:46 pm »

((I think the GM really wants me to keep these nutty cybernetics.))

Attempt to shred it again, dodging any attacks by going to the opposite wall.

Alright, Nik, but hurry up with that rifle. I might be able to hold for a bit longer, but not too long!
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: May 22, 2012, 10:34:44 pm »

((They do seem pretty good, and they may help Nekarios survive while he is inexperienced. Try exchanging them later.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: May 22, 2012, 10:37:18 pm »

((They do seem pretty good, and they may help Nekarios survive while he is inexperienced. Try exchanging them later.))

((Yeah, I might actually keep them for a mission or two. I wasn't actually expecting the GM to let me be on walls and stuff, me and Ehndras had been joking about that when I got them. Didn't expect it to happen.

Of course, it'd be nice to get the bonuses in hard numbers. Maybe I should examine a copy of them in Tinker.

Y'know, I wonder how avidly the GM might read TVTropes. Because there's a page that looks disturbingly like what's happened to me.))
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 10:44:53 pm by PyroDesu »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: May 22, 2012, 10:45:06 pm »

(( Yeah, pretty much interested in their implied characteristics and 'unofficial feautures', with that [Random Body modification roll:6]. My guess, those are bound to be important. Also, does anyone know a way to get a bonus at the 'Random Body modification' rolls? Repeatedly employing Doc's services, perhaps? ;)
EDIT: Oh, and mind it, PyroDesu, there's a chance you'd get yourself under the 'Web Original' of that page, when this game finally gets to tvtropes ;) ))
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 10:54:29 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: May 22, 2012, 10:55:35 pm »

(( Yeah, pretty much interested in their implied characteristics and 'unofficial feautures', with that [Random Body modification roll:6]. My guess, those are bound to be important. Also, does anyone know a way to get a bonus at the 'Random Body modification' rolls? Repeatedly employing Doc's services, perhaps? ;)
EDIT: Oh, and mind it, PyroDesu, there's a chance you'd get yourself under the 'Web Original' of that page, when this game finally gets to tvtropes ;) ))

((The Bay 12 RTD community may not have it's own page, but it's mentioned. So we might be part way there.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: May 22, 2012, 10:59:43 pm »

Tinker program. Attempt to fashion ramming scoutbot- instead of being used for reconnaissance, it can be used as a remote-controlled battering ram. Attempt to reinforce it to not break on use as well.
When you say ramming bot, do you mean to use it to ram people or ram doors? Because it's very fragile and not very powerful, so even an armored and reenforced one will only be useful as some sort of guided sucker punch. Unless you strap explosives, sharp things or other enhancements to it. [/quote]
((That's fine, though now that you mention it delivering some kind of static shock would be nice.

How about one that rams the target, then latches on and starts delivering as much voltage as it feels is necessary to incapacitate? Obviously with the ramming part becoming less important due to the shocking effect.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: May 22, 2012, 11:14:45 pm »

((@Prosperus I'm actually a bit envious of you bending and outright dominating the percepted reality with that ease. Perhaps I should also get high on acid before the mission, eh? :) ))

((Brotip: the pills are for free. Take some of the blue ones with you on a mission. I know Lukas will...with a bottle of booze maybe))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1574 on: May 23, 2012, 12:18:46 am »

Milno realizes there is less action now, except for Mason drooling and seemingly idiotic attempts at a passive type of molestation. If anything that stupid ever happens to him and he needs to knock down idiots...Well. He decides to leave the datapad anyway and get things done.

Milno lets Fanboy join the simulation with Spiderdoctopus. Afterwards, he goes to the armory to get the fan-and-heat system installed (I bet he'll break the helmet if he happens to need to do it himself) and gets canisters of tear and paralysis gas (only if they happen to be free, if they must be paid for, he sticks to the paralysis one), installing the paralysis one.
"Excuse me."
You let the other trainee back into the simulation and then roll of to the armory. The Armory master closes her magazine as you wheel yourself in.

"What can I do you for?"

"Would like to get the fan and heating junk installed in here, as well as a canister of paralytic gas."

"Can do." She says as you hand her the helmet.

She disappears in back and then comes back a few minutes later, carrying the helmet.

"4 tokens for the package deal."

You hand over the payment and she hands you back your helmet.

"That 1 token bought you like 6 of those canisters, so just bring it back when you need it  refilled."

Good to know you're alright, Steve. A huge load has been taken off my mind.
Taste the drink I chose once more, try to understand it's flavour and texture. Oh, and if it's really tea, or not. Then, if I like it, pour more of it and take it with me back to the VR machines.

Enter the tinker simulation and try installing an additional display just to watch what's there's going on in MEHMRCMS (dat  Milno-Enhanced HMRC Mission Simulator acronym from before).
The drink tastes mostly watery, but also a bit bitter and slightly lemony. It's not terrible, though you're not sure what it is exactly. You refill your cup and take it with you back to the VR machines. You bring up Tinker and open a screen to keep an eye on Milno's simulation.

Lukas looks satisfied at having his arms and legs back. "Ah, that's better. Now where are those fingers?" He sees two of them running away in the corner of his eyes and he turns his head in their direction. "Hey! Get back here you bastards!"

Will fingers back on hands. Sober up (it was only one mouthful ;))?
(A mouthful can mean a lot of different things, depending on the substance. It was only a mouthful of LSD vs only a mouthful of booze.)
You feel your head starting to clear up and you realize your fingers are already back on your hands. Weird. Ow, now your head hurts.

((OK then))
Neil got out of his pod, then realized he was naked. Wow, don't they have any shred of decency around here? he thought as he looked around frantically for clothing.
You look around for something to wear and find a conveniently labeled trunk full of pants and shirts. You put them on with a sigh of relief.

Attempt to shred it again, dodging any attacks by going to the opposite wall.

Alright, Nik, but hurry up with that rifle. I might be able to hold for a bit longer, but not too long!
(I'm ambivalent, it's the doc who likes'em. They do have their advantages though.)
[dex:4] [str: 2-1+1] You leap off one wall and take a skidding swing at the Metal Sentinel, your claws doing little more then scratch it. [dex:2+1] The sentinel deforms suddenly, a razor sharp whip sprouting and slicing upward straight through your right robotic arm as you leap away. You land several meters away, the stump arcing and spraying some sort of dark fluid.

((Yeah, I might actually keep them for a mission or two. I wasn't actually expecting the GM to let me be on walls and stuff, me and Ehndras had been joking about that when I got them. Didn't expect it to happen.

Of course, it'd be nice to get the bonuses in hard numbers. Maybe I should examine a copy of them in Tinker.

Y'know, I wonder how avidly the GM might read TVTropes. Because there's a page that looks disturbingly like what's happened to me.))
Never read that page actually. Only a casual tvtroper. I guess I'm just unoriginal :P.

Tinker program. Attempt to fashion ramming scoutbot- instead of being used for reconnaissance, it can be used as a remote-controlled battering ram. Attempt to reinforce it to not break on use as well.
When you say ramming bot, do you mean to use it to ram people or ram doors? Because it's very fragile and not very powerful, so even an armored and reenforced one will only be useful as some sort of guided sucker punch. Unless you strap explosives, sharp things or other enhancements to it.
((That's fine, though now that you mention it delivering some kind of static shock would be nice.

How about one that rams the target, then latches on and starts delivering as much voltage as it feels is necessary to incapacitate? Obviously with the ramming part becoming less important due to the shocking effect.))
[/quote]
A flying tazor? Yeah, thats possible. Now you just have to figure out how :P

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 2101