_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924246 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #15585 on: August 21, 2013, 12:53:35 pm »

((That sounded mildly ominous. And I just noticed I still haven't spent my last mission's level up. I'll check the text file I'm using to record stuff back home.))

"Yeah, I'm willing. Can't say ready because I turned my armor in to get some things installed." Milno answers. "Also, how much would it cost to get external, detachable cameyes or any equivalent camera system for my armor?"

Mission?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #15586 on: August 21, 2013, 02:05:45 pm »

"Let's see... on the dark anomaly mission... does maiming count as different to murdering? I tried to cut off bits of Thomas when he had been possessed by (a?) Lighteater, in order to force Lighteater to leave Thomas. It kind of worked... eventually... but it probably wasn't the best way to go about it. Then I was trying to figure out whether I could ...tap into the data the amp uses, so I might have a makeshift infrared vision, since light didn't work right in that mission. Of course futile. I've heard that from Steve already. Then I... I think I froze the stone material of the Citadel back there, but maybe I heated it, because I had thought the temperature may be what separated the living sand and the stone structures. Wrongly, of course.

The anomaly that attacked the ship, I destroyed the pain.... some painfully animate cables that the anomaly seemed to have, and overdid it, but I guess that doesn't count. Neither the fight with Ivan, really. Though it seemed he noticed my amp use...

Anyway, in VR testing... I tried to create a heat shimmer around myself. Not quite sure why any more, maybe I thought it could screw up people targeting me. Cooled down some sludge on me so I could break it more easily. Explored the potential of the mass manip one, such as disarming (not the literal kind), flight (not really possible), and using it on the same spot as the microwave amp. I think that about covers it.
"

Answer.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #15587 on: August 21, 2013, 02:38:14 pm »

Pancaek listens to Gorat's list, then sheepishly puts up his hand.
"I, uh, melted a door that was locked once. That's, ah, all I really remember doing with my amp, haven't had the chance to try the mass manipulator one. We did venture into the mind of a ghostship, that was fun." 

Answer

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15588 on: August 21, 2013, 08:17:36 pm »

Sure, I've got the cards right here.  I was playing some cribbage earlier, but poker or something else is fine.  Could get some liquor and play for forfeits if you want to make it more interesting.

Sit down and deal out for whatever game he likes, or for two-man cribbage if he doesn't suggest something else.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15589 on: August 21, 2013, 08:23:41 pm »

Study the corridor and the door with all of my new senses. If I find nothing go into the next room.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15590 on: August 22, 2013, 01:20:23 am »

I am currently up to mission 5, It is awesome, the looting, and pillaging, no respect for property or life!. I WAS going to have a phisimancer sent to the HMRC by clerical error, but i'm starting to think I should make a genuine psycho
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15591 on: August 22, 2013, 01:37:51 am »

((I'll point out psychos may still end up having trouble with certain teammates depending on the situation and on their behavior. Mostly on their behavior.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15592 on: August 22, 2013, 01:39:41 am »

Eh I'l go with Clerical Error and have the personality evolve, just because it was not your crime you were sent here for does not mean that you didnt deserve it, or maybe they will be relatively sane
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15593 on: August 22, 2013, 02:59:18 am »

Eh I'l go with Clerical Error and have the personality evolve, just because it was not your crime you were sent here for does not mean that you didnt deserve it, or maybe they will be relatively sane
((Just pointing out that we already had several people get here by clerical error. Just so you know... you're not disappointed when you make a character and find out some people already share this trope.

Also, I personally always prefer when character actually deserved HMRC. Doesn't have to be a serial killer, although sometimes it is nice. But be it ideological, political, voluntary, or terror, it gives a better feel. Some accidents and mistakes are nice, but you'd think UWM wouldn't make than many when it comes to the infamous death service. Plenty of jails, execution methods, and other stuff for that.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15594 on: August 22, 2013, 03:07:59 am »

Good point, only reason i was doing clerical error was because no-one had done it at the point I was up to, if that is no longer the case it's no longer an option

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15595 on: August 22, 2013, 03:11:07 am »

(( There's always stasis dementia. :D
I think my favorite bit of dementia related nonsense is our bureaucrat who is actually a dentist that murdered his family. Thank you for that, PW :P ))

((Just pointing out that we already had several people get here by clerical error. Just so you know... you're not disappointed when you make a character and find out some people already share this trope.

Also, I personally always prefer when character actually deserved HMRC. Doesn't have to be a serial killer, although sometimes it is nice. But be it ideological, political, voluntary, or terror, it gives a better feel. Some accidents and mistakes are nice, but you'd think UWM wouldn't make than many when it comes to the infamous death service. Plenty of jails, execution methods, and other stuff for that.))

(( I like to think that the UWM doesn't have prisons anymore, or any other execution method. It's cheaper and easier to run stasis pods than it is to feed a live prisoner, and more useful to thaw them out and let them charge to their death with the thin hope of freedom in their heads than it is to just execute them. 'This job has to be done by someone, and as long as we've got all these stasis pods of people we don't want...' That sort of thing. :P ))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15596 on: August 22, 2013, 10:55:22 am »

((We have plenty of nonsense and dementia. Besides the bureaucrat who was a dentist that killed his family, we have the farm boy who turns out to be a great soldier and killer, the simple civil who became Doc's trainee, the medic who turned out to be a pretty good kickboxer, and lots of others.   :P

It's a little rare to meet a person who really becomes what his/her backstory says.))
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15597 on: August 22, 2013, 10:59:09 am »

Well, I want in on this. I figure I just post this right now and wait till I join. I may change the backstory a bit during the wait though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 11:01:26 am by HavingPhun »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15598 on: August 22, 2013, 11:31:05 am »

((That sounded mildly ominous. And I just noticed I still haven't spent my last mission's level up. I'll check the text file I'm using to record stuff back home.))

"Yeah, I'm willing. Can't say ready because I turned my armor in to get some things installed." Milno answers. "Also, how much would it cost to get external, detachable cameyes or any equivalent camera system for my armor?"

Mission?

"I vaguely remember you having those installed?" She says, looking up at the ceiling in thought. "Remember you didn't want to have them protruding?"

"Let's see... on the dark anomaly mission... does maiming count as different to murdering? I tried to cut off bits of Thomas when he had been possessed by (a?) Lighteater, in order to force Lighteater to leave Thomas. It kind of worked... eventually... but it probably wasn't the best way to go about it. Then I was trying to figure out whether I could ...tap into the data the amp uses, so I might have a makeshift infrared vision, since light didn't work right in that mission. Of course futile. I've heard that from Steve already. Then I... I think I froze the stone material of the Citadel back there, but maybe I heated it, because I had thought the temperature may be what separated the living sand and the stone structures. Wrongly, of course.

The anomaly that attacked the ship, I destroyed the pain.... some painfully animate cables that the anomaly seemed to have, and overdid it, but I guess that doesn't count. Neither the fight with Ivan, really. Though it seemed he noticed my amp use...

Anyway, in VR testing... I tried to create a heat shimmer around myself. Not quite sure why any more, maybe I thought it could screw up people targeting me. Cooled down some sludge on me so I could break it more easily. Explored the potential of the mass manip one, such as disarming (not the literal kind), flight (not really possible), and using it on the same spot as the microwave amp. I think that about covers it.
"

Answer.

Pancaek listens to Gorat's list, then sheepishly puts up his hand.
"I, uh, melted a door that was locked once. That's, ah, all I really remember doing with my amp, haven't had the chance to try the mass manipulator one. We did venture into the mind of a ghostship, that was fun." 

Answer

She nods her head.

"Well, the Microwave is a pretty easy thing. It's not got a whole lot of potential, but it's simple. The mass manipulator is where you're gonna start getting into a high degree of use outside of murder. What do you guys know about it?"

Sure, I've got the cards right here.  I was playing some cribbage earlier, but poker or something else is fine.  Could get some liquor and play for forfeits if you want to make it more interesting.

Sit down and deal out for whatever game he likes, or for two-man cribbage if he doesn't suggest something else.
You start shuffling the cards and waiting for his input. He seems a bit dazed from the booze.

It should be noted that I have no godly idea how to play cribbage nor how I would handle dealing cards; but I can figure both out.

Study the corridor and the door with all of my new senses. If I find nothing go into the next room.
You press your ear against the panel and listen. You hear a faint buzzing and your ear tingles a little.

Well, I want in on this. I figure I just post this right now and wait till I join. I may change the backstory a bit during the wait though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Looks good to me. Do you know how it starts on board the ship or you want the full newbie intro?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #15599 on: August 22, 2013, 11:53:02 am »

"I know the barest basics, I guess. It can be used for disarming... probably literally if we're not careful. It's harder if I want the weapon or I want to disarm multiple opponents. It is no good for flight, but could do to augment a jump - though if it's a jump to get something, it would likely be safer to retrieve it via the amp. In conjunction with the microwave amp, it can replicate a bomb, but I haven't tested the range very well yet. Wouldn't be a good bomb if it's too close to me or my teammates."

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 ... 2101