_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 998 999 [1000] 1001 1002 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923309 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #14985 on: June 21, 2013, 02:45:39 am »

((My idea was to control it from the ground and not our glorious planet destroying prison transport.
In my current mission i could transmit instructions from 500km away with a receiver delay of 1.668ms and a response time of 3.336ms utilizing standard radio frequencies alone.
The lag you speak of would be entirely based on the processing speed of the control system, distance was never a factor.

1000 in 1?.))
((Wait, you've tested this stuff? Was it fine, direct manipulation, ie swordfighting, or just remote-controlling a scout drone around?

...this is a very lackluster 1000th page starter.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14986 on: June 21, 2013, 03:00:16 am »

((My idea was to control it from the ground and not our glorious planet destroying prison transport.
In my current mission i could transmit instructions from 500km away with a receiver delay of 1.668ms and a response time of 3.336ms utilizing standard radio frequencies alone.
The lag you speak of would be entirely based on the processing speed of the control system, distance was never a factor.

1000 in 1?.))
((Wait, you've tested this stuff? Was it fine, direct manipulation, ie swordfighting, or just remote-controlling a scout drone around?

...this is a very lackluster 1000th page starter.))
((i had the same concerns when i thought it up so i googled the speed of light as RF in vacuum travels at the same speed then did a few calculations, as long as you stay within range and don't bounce the signal off too many transmitters to reach your doppelganger the only problems you should have will stem from interference, teammates or enemies hijacking your dedicated frequency, RF shielding and poorly designed control systems that decide it would be a great idea to transmit a signal back to your interface telling it that its perfectly fine to discharge a billion volts into your brain to inform you that your puppet just got hit by lightning.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14987 on: June 21, 2013, 03:07:38 am »

((All in all, for those who don't mind having their brains torn out of their bodies (or who haven't had a choice...) for it, it's a very sensible way to up your survival chance. Lag would only be lightspeed lag, obliteration of a puppet, so long as there is some system in place to prevent the controlling brain receiving catastrophic shock, does not inflict any lasting harm, and your puppet could be anything from a mining exosuit, an avatar of war (though that would be a somewhat more complicated hookup), or a custom synthflesh abomination.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14988 on: June 21, 2013, 03:23:12 am »

((This is really making me wish I had time to test and use this system. Maybe I still do, but I suspect Nyars is getting antsy and it'd probably take at least 3-4 iterations to figure it out.))

Oh god don't hit me Nyars, this will only take a second:

1. Examine possible problems with a system that transmitted all input to a remote body rather than the one my brain is in, effectively allowing me to "switch" bodies even though my brain is elsewhere.

2. Examine cost of such a system, both the parts that go in my "real" body and the parts that go in the replacements.

2a. Presumably the drone half of said parts would look like a braincase that's holding a wireless transceiver instead of a brain, and the main one a series of gates over the normal information ports on the braincase that can switch between sending information to the body as normal and sending it wirelessly to a different target elsewhere.

2b. Look into encryption or similar if there's danger of background noise or similar making me trip balls or spaz out with this setup.

3. Ask Doctor if he'd give me a few free robot bodies for this project. If not, ask how much each one would cost.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14989 on: June 21, 2013, 03:48:34 am »

((few bits of advice that i share in the interests of scientific cooperation and the fact i desperately want someone to do this..
1. include emergency overrides and safety protocols in case you are assaulted or your puppet is hijacked. also include mimic mode as well as direct control so you don't have to carry it everywhere.

2. the only part that should go into your body should be a neural interface tied directly into your suits comms. okay not directly, send it through a threat detection buffer to prevent electrical overloads and the like from being translated back.

2a. tie a braincase neural interface directly into the suits computer and comms system to save yourself some money, normal suit comms can be programmed for transmission forwarding.

2b. dedicated frequency with modulated signals is a must, wouldn't do to have your puppet spaz out every time steve phoned in for a status report.

3.ask the doc where all the damaged parts go, you may be able to salvage some useful parts or even build a remote controlled brainspider into your remote controlled avatar of derp.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #14990 on: June 21, 2013, 04:27:34 am »

((We're 14 posts from 1,000 pages!))

((You guys are using the forum default for posts per page?! Crazy, crazy.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14991 on: June 21, 2013, 05:24:25 am »

((Helps if your phone can barely stand having one web page open at a time without running out of memory.

And if you can get extra roboparts, why not attach them to yourself and become a giant robot? Robot centipede?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14992 on: June 21, 2013, 06:13:37 am »

((Funny me, expecting that the forum defaults are the default.
And I've never cared enough to find out how to change them.

Anyways, 8 posts to 15k replies!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #14993 on: June 21, 2013, 07:49:26 am »

((It's just, maximum posts per page is so much more convenient... I'm not the only one who thinks so, right?))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14994 on: June 21, 2013, 09:00:33 am »

Nyars is getting antsy

You go, change your weapon for a MKII an then run toward VR machines. You're about half way through booting it up when someone taps you on the shoulder. You pull off your helmet just in time to see nyars, holding a bat, scream "CANDY GRAM!" And clock you in the head.

He drags your unconscious body to the Pods, hitting you repeatedly in the shin as he goes.

((50 post/page is the only way to go.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14995 on: June 21, 2013, 09:10:33 am »

Nyars is getting antsy

You go, change your weapon for a MKII an then run toward VR machines. You're about half way through booting it up when someone taps you on the shoulder. You pull off your helmet just in time to see nyars, holding a bat, scream "CANDY GRAM!" And clock you in the head.

He drags your unconscious body to the Pods, hitting you repeatedly in the shin as he goes.

((50 post/page is the only way to go.))
Learn from my mistakes, do not test nyars... ever.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14996 on: June 21, 2013, 09:20:16 am »

((50 posts/page is the sanest way to go, at least.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14997 on: June 21, 2013, 01:20:04 pm »

"Aww, damn it."
Thomas turns off the rather depressing truth, to go drink go into the VR. Set up a firing range and the same rifle setup that he takes on missions.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14998 on: June 21, 2013, 03:41:45 pm »

You wanna load "Mindfuck.exe" eh? Well, Xenospit can't be emulated by the computer like that. But if you just want it to simulate tripping balls, it can do that.

(Sure, let's do that. If it has a timer, though, set it for roughly four or five minutes/turns.)

>Initiating Mindfuck.exe
>Please select your desired mindfuck experience.

It gives you a readout of times-you select 5 minutes-as well as a read out of several different options. They range from "Minor psychedelic experience" to "My brain is melting"

Milno turns his head to the direction the armory master's voice came from. Well, it isn't as if he wasn't expecting to look stupid and/or completely nuts. "You could call it a short test of how badly I'd do without sight. You know, there's the possibility I'll have to navigate in total darkness one day during a mission. I thought I could get prepared for it somehow." he answers, taking off his blindfold and walking towards her.

"I thought about using the VR, but it wouldn't be the same. I admit it isn't very bright, but it was an idea." he shrugs.

Talk.

"Unfortunately humans cannot navigate reliably in total darkness. Even blind men will walk in circles without a path or landmarks to follow. You may be better off investing in some eyes that can see in the dark. Or a flashlight."

Go to the infirmary, get the amp installed, then go wait next to the pods

specifically, lean against the wall across from the pods, hands behind my back, head tracking people as they move past, but not making eye contact.
Watch and wait more, do not allow myself to be beaten with a bat, enter pod on my own when Nyars threatens, but loiter until then.
you know how I quote myself when I'm doing the same action over and over? yeah, I'm still loitering at the pods, and will hop in when the time comes.
More of this
More of that.

"Eh. I guess I can find out later."

Continue zapping.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p52QJi-Ydo

"right, so these automanips, what exacly do they do? Because 'they protect you' is kinda vague. And how much does one cost?"

ask questions
"Oh, stop bullets in mid-air, deflect lasers,that sort of thing. And they cost...well that depends but it's not terribly cheap."

Find something interesting to do in the pod. Maybe there's a Tinker-capable computer?
Can't hear you over how unconscious you are. Also how filled with fluid your lungs are.

Don't worry, this will be over soon.

Feyri checked the numbers before looking around.

"Steve, are we missing anyone else? Because if that anyone else is only me, then I'd look quite silly here.

"Also, as a request before we all go on the mission, where are we landing and is there any way to disguise our exact numbers?"

You're landing in the capital building. So you can't disguise your numbers from them, but you could disguise them from the people outside.

"Great."

Get podded.
Podded

((This is really making me wish I had time to test and use this system. Maybe I still do, but I suspect Nyars is getting antsy and it'd probably take at least 3-4 iterations to figure it out.))

Oh god don't hit me Nyars, this will only take a second:

1. Examine possible problems with a system that transmitted all input to a remote body rather than the one my brain is in, effectively allowing me to "switch" bodies even though my brain is elsewhere.

2. Examine cost of such a system, both the parts that go in my "real" body and the parts that go in the replacements.

2a. Presumably the drone half of said parts would look like a braincase that's holding a wireless transceiver instead of a brain, and the main one a series of gates over the normal information ports on the braincase that can switch between sending information to the body as normal and sending it wirelessly to a different target elsewhere.

2b. Look into encryption or similar if there's danger of background noise or similar making me trip balls or spaz out with this setup.

3. Ask Doctor if he'd give me a few free robot bodies for this project. If not, ask how much each one would cost.

You hide in the VR and try to ignore the sound of metallic tapping as Nyars stalks the halls, rhythmically rapping his bat against the floor and walls. You pretty sure you can hear him singing something.

1.Possible problems include but are not limited to: Signal lag resulting in reaction lag that potentially results in failure and or death of remote body or teammates. Signal interruption that results in the same. Signal feedback resulting in death. Power surge resulting in death. Life support failure resulting in life failure. Body dysmorphia. Psyche fragmentation. Bi-location disorder. Coma. Brain chemistry imbalances resulting from transmission artifacts. The list goes on.

2. Depends on the system. A radio based system will be fairly cheap and just require an array in both the real body and the puppet. But it will be much more prone to interference and signal dropping. After all, the signal from one body to the other might not be overly large, but it will be very particular. Small errors may result in unwanted effects. A controlled quantum entanglement decay relay would be better, but it would also be extremely expensive and rather large.

Robot bodies are free to brains that need them. Otherwise they cost tokens. Not sure price. Ask Armory master. Also, duck.

"Boy, thats an odd mess-"

And then there's a few hectic seconds of Nyars pinning you, accessing the panel on your back and then shutting you down. Oh no.

"Aww, damn it."
Thomas turns off the rather depressing truth, to go drink go into the VR. Set up a firing range and the same rifle setup that he takes on missions.
Firing range set up. Wanna set the dummies to be anything special? Maybe the physical manifestation of your addiction? Not sure what that would look like...maybe a drunk guy?

NEXT TURN IS THE LAST TURN. At the end of it you will find yourselves on mission, ready or not.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14999 on: June 21, 2013, 03:47:27 pm »

If 'minor experience' is a 1 and 'melted brain' is 10, Jim chooses a 6.5 setting.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 998 999 [1000] 1001 1002 ... 2101