_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 894 895 [896] 897 898 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5927260 times)

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #13425 on: March 18, 2013, 09:06:27 am »

Celeste browses the selection of equipment in the armory. After some consideration, she decides to purchase an Emergency Kit and a Scout Eye, and save one token.
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13426 on: March 18, 2013, 02:03:59 pm »

((Can't see the picture :/ is the link broken? Seems to be for me))

Inquire @ AM on a 'CamEyes implant' style upgrade to my visor - replacing the 2-10x zoom with a thermal sensor and its price. Or probably making that upgrade to the faceplate, and making the faceplate see through.

Inquire on the sell value of my Medieval Combat Manual and that LasRifle battery, and ask the below.

"Ma'am, if I use this shield in conjunction with the rockets on this MKIII suit, would it prove enough to use as some sort of bulkhead? Or...to say it simpler, an impact weapon which would absorb most of the collision if I were ever to hit anything?"

Searchword = Iridescent, if you're looking for my inventory. Is it correct?

((So is anyone else still in the armory atm?))
((Me.))

http://gallery.minitokyo.net/download/214861

That should let you see it.

I'm not sure what you mean by that since the cam-eye already has a thermal sensor?

You can get 1 token for each.

Also yeah, your inventory is right as far as I see.

"Ah. Not to pry, but why do you refuse to give your name? Is it fear to some degree, or do you merely dislike fraternizing with the convicts?"

Ask.
"Which do you think it is?"

((Yeah, I get your point PW. Ponies are like, I dunno, memes or something. Whatever your position on them is, you're going to have to deal with them if you want to be on the Internet. So yeah.))

Make more pizza.

You make yourself a 30 inch pizza.

"I SHALL EAT PIZZA TILL THE END OF TIME!"

Jobasio's face fell. He glanced uncertainly from the book to his newly-painted rifle.
"Whig..." He murmured, running a comforting hand over the drying blue paint.
"Not quite a name that captures your beauty, is it? But alas. If that is the name you choose, who am I to argue. Although... You did choose it, correct? Or was it simply a poor throw on my part?"

>Ask my gauss rifle if she's happy with the name 'Whig'.
>Whether or not she replies, go over to Grate, crouch down to his height, and smile reassuringly.

"Hi there. What's your name? I'm Joe."
Jobasio nodded, then glanced about the room, noting the recent damage and bloodstains with a slight frown.
"Hrm. Quite a mess in here, isn't it. Not really an ideal place for a young fellow like yourself- not an ideal place for anyone, for that matter. Here, kid. How about some candy to take your mind off this unpleasant situation you've found yourself in?"

He held up a little baggie of round, candy-like objects in his left hand, giving another harmless smile.
"Just one of those tokens that creepy disembodied voice fellow gave you, and they're yours."

>Attempt to sell a baggie of anaesthetic pills to Grate for a token.

>Regardless of the result, bid him farewell and tell him to keep out of trouble, then head back to the armoury and ask what method would be recommended for decorating my gauss rifle with some text.
>Also, lean fowards and whisper, so that my rifle can't hear, and ask the AM if she thinks 'Whig' is a silly name for a gun.
Your gun does not speak. How odd.
You walk over to Grate and engage in pleasant conversation. And by pleasant conversation I mean you try to sell him drugs. DRUUUUUGS!

He doesn't take them so you just go ask the AM about the name of your gun.

"Works fine if your Millard Filmore."

Eh, prolly not that then. Maybe a fort more similar to medieval times, with walls and whatnot.

Ah, ok. One medieval castle then. You're gonna be sniping very confused knights.

((assuming the vid pw posted is the actual "inquire if lyra is a pony" action, because she DID basically ask for another speech roll.))

FIGHT / FLIGHT

FLEE THE WHATEVER THAT IS

if trapped: CRIPPLE/MURDER IT, THEN CONTINUE TO FLEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY!

You run back to the barracks and hide under the bed.

This is taking stupid to entirely new levels.

The only way is invasive brain surgery...Does he get physically or mentally tired with this immortal thing?

Stop punching him. Ask Doc.
"Only if he's not properly feed. Oh well. Subdue him, we'll alter his brain till he actually enjoys fighting. Such humdrum people these days."

(I wrote my character's lines. Why did you trouble yourself making lines that happen to sound a lot dumber?)

"Hi, Mr. Joe! My name is Grate. I'm not supposed to take candy from strangers, that's kinda dumb. Can you give me directions to the candy shop instead? I might want candy later. I didn't know there was a candy shop here. Do they sell chocolates? Is it a more general treat store? Do they sell muffins? Do they--hey, where are you going? Bye-bye, Mr. Joe!"
Don't take it personally, I do it to everyone. Usually if the turn would be less then a sentence I just spice it up with bad jokes.

Taking a break from VR, Faith headed over to the Armory Master to ask about something she'd been wondering about.

"Excuse me, are there any side effects or unusual hazards to using amps?"

Ask AM about amps.
"Besides the chance of accidentally melting your brain or your team mates? "

"I'm reasonably sure that I can at least still differentiate between reality and delusion; I guess my psychiatry degree is at least still useful for that at least. Surely teaching me psychological warfare can't be nearly as bad as having me purchase an amp?"
"Fair enough. You want it in book form or my personal opinion?"

Celeste browses the selection of equipment in the armory. After some consideration, she decides to purchase an Emergency Kit and a Scout Eye, and save one token.
You buy up your kit and scout eye as the Armory master talks to other people. This place certainly is busier then you would expect.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13427 on: March 18, 2013, 02:31:27 pm »

wait silently and listen carefully. did it chase me? did i lose it?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13428 on: March 18, 2013, 02:37:39 pm »

Make more typical American-Friday-Night food and beverages.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13429 on: March 18, 2013, 02:50:58 pm »

"I HEARD THAT!"
Punch the doc, try to avoid any needles, if he gets me into a position where needles w I 'll go in me, move my body so units going through my head.
((This is getting ridiculous, I've already planned a new guy but I want this finish Bruce's story first.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13430 on: March 18, 2013, 02:58:06 pm »

"I dunno. That's why I was asking, you see. It could be the fear of being known to others, which all people have to some degree. Like, say, you tell any of us your name and we look you up on the net, find where you lived, what you did, who you were, how silly you looked at the end of middle school and the name and ultimate fate of your very first adolescent heartthrob. That would, for once, give good ol' Random Q. Convict an advantage - a minor advantage, to be sure, but still an advantage - over you, which takes away some of your power over them, at least in their imagination. Of course, you could probably fix this misconception right away with some of the extremely deadly equipment you've got behind the counter there, but I would bet that it would be uncomfortable to begin with and violence would hardly mitigate that first moment of humiliation before an inferior. So it could be a fear of losing one's power, even if only for a moment."

Stacy takes a deep breath, then goes for verse two.

"Secondly, you probably realize that most of the people buying equipment in the armory, even some of the hardiest-looking, meanest, most intelligent and least completely moronic, the nicest, most pleasant and polite people, all of the techies, the manipulator users, the medics and even the useless layabouts coasting on other people's successes, indeed, particularly the useless layabouts coasting on other people's successes, each and every one of them is very likely to die a horrible death due to silly bad luck if nothing else."

He points at Feyri.

"Like the lady over there whose name I keep forgetting, for instance. I am sure she is a pleasant person, intelligent, possesses good manners and so forth. None of these saved her when she was sliced in half by a cutting laser wielded by what I presume was an animated corpse of a miner, which she was unlikely to have seen coming in any event. And next time, she may not get so lucky as to survive beyond death. It is merely a fact of life. No offense, by the way. So when you actually bother to emotionally connect with a convict, it makes it all the more personally unpleasant when they are, say, erased from existence by some alien force when they finally become the next Unluckiest Schmuck of the Day. So it could be fear of losing people you like or, dare I even say, may grow to love."

The old man clears his throat.

"Thirdly, you could just be a bit of a snob and hate socializing with people that are, as you perceive them, a class below you. You may feel a sense of entitlement that comes with not being a death row convict, and rightfully so, might I add, and see fraternizing with convicts as a betrayal of your place in this glorious society, very much like a rich man may be deathly afraid of poor people cooties and enjoy basking in the envy of his lessers. So there's that."

"Fourthly, you could just hate convicts in particular for some reason, the gods only know what that may be. Perhaps they kicked your very first adolescent heartthrob to death just as you and he (or she, I don't judge) were about to get your mack on, I don't know."

"Finally, you could merely be of the opinion that convicts really have nothing interesting to converse with you about anyway, so you choose the Path of the Shut-In and stick to communicating with the friends that appreciate your true intelligence and wit. Or your cat, that works as well."

"All in all, the possibilities are many. However, those are all my answers. I was hoping to hear yours."

Provide long-winded conversation.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 03:23:54 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13431 on: March 18, 2013, 03:32:28 pm »

((Nothing about thermals there :P

Also, nearsightedness. Looking at that electronic display on the inside of our faceplate is...lesser than a foot from our faces, right? XD))

"Not enough, huh." Feyri was dismayed at the total amount of one less token for the upgrade. As if this had happened before, she decided on a whim to ask as she held her shield up:
"Ma'am, if I use this shield in conjunction with the rockets on this MKIII suit, would it prove enough to use as some sort of bulkhead? Or...to say it simpler, an impact weapon which would absorb most of the collision if I were ever to hit anything?"

"Y'know...just in those cases where anything gets too close and I've no time to draw my sword? Also, is it possible to thicken the weave in and covering this suit to benefit the wearer's strength and agility aspects?"

Inquire on these possibilities

She took a while to let the others - for there were other people around the kiosk - speak, nodding oh so slightly as Stacy mentioned her and...remembering that one entry in her diary.

He was speaking the harsh truth of this life. Something which brought her mind back to a vivid past, something she wanted to forget since her first step on board the HMRC Sword-class prison ship.

If only for you I live and wait...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 03:54:39 am by Tiruin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13432 on: March 18, 2013, 04:28:21 pm »

"...I got it! I know how I'll decide what to make!"

Look for someone who looks in charge and sane. Ask nicely for summaries of previous missions. If given, read them.

There is NO WAY this can go wrong.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13433 on: March 18, 2013, 04:46:57 pm »

((When did Bruce get free of the hog tie, isn't he lying on the floor?))

If this wasn't for you to hear, we wouldn't have talked about it in front of you.

Could you put a weaker version of Faith's power in him? Like a test subject.

Subdue Bruce. Take him where Doc wants. If he tries to move, just punch him.

((@Anaileater: Your new character will have to wait. Bruce is almost immortal, remember?))
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13434 on: March 18, 2013, 04:48:46 pm »

((@Anaileater: Your new character will have to wait. Bruce is almost immortal, remember?))
((He's not immortal o me just not giving him actions, Is that allowed Piece?))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13435 on: March 18, 2013, 05:28:56 pm »

"Uh... melting teammates was what I meant to exclude by 'unusual,' but what's this about melting your own brain?"

Ask AM about amps.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13436 on: March 18, 2013, 06:14:07 pm »

Engage sniping.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13437 on: March 19, 2013, 02:20:52 am »

"Your opinion please, I prefer something gained and proven with experience rather than something from an unknown source."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13438 on: March 19, 2013, 02:58:47 pm »

wait silently and listen carefully. did it chase me? did i lose it?
Looks like you're safe from the May. For now. But you will never truly be safe from May.

Make more typical American-Friday-Night food and beverages.
You make something filled with meat, cheese and mayonnaise. It tastes amazing but it gives you chest pains.

"I dunno. That's why I was asking, you see. It could be the fear of being known to others, which all people have to some degree. Like, say, you tell any of us your name and we look you up on the net, find where you lived, what you did, who you were, how silly you looked at the end of middle school and the name and ultimate fate of your very first adolescent heartthrob. That would, for once, give good ol' Random Q. Convict an advantage - a minor advantage, to be sure, but still an advantage - over you, which takes away some of your power over them, at least in their imagination. Of course, you could probably fix this misconception right away with some of the extremely deadly equipment you've got behind the counter there, but I would bet that it would be uncomfortable to begin with and violence would hardly mitigate that first moment of humiliation before an inferior. So it could be a fear of losing one's power, even if only for a moment."

Stacy takes a deep breath, then goes for verse two.

"Secondly, you probably realize that most of the people buying equipment in the armory, even some of the hardiest-looking, meanest, most intelligent and least completely moronic, the nicest, most pleasant and polite people, all of the techies, the manipulator users, the medics and even the useless layabouts coasting on other people's successes, indeed, particularly the useless layabouts coasting on other people's successes, each and every one of them is very likely to die a horrible death due to silly bad luck if nothing else."

He points at Feyri.

"Like the lady over there whose name I keep forgetting, for instance. I am sure she is a pleasant person, intelligent, possesses good manners and so forth. None of these saved her when she was sliced in half by a cutting laser wielded by what I presume was an animated corpse of a miner, which she was unlikely to have seen coming in any event. And next time, she may not get so lucky as to survive beyond death. It is merely a fact of life. No offense, by the way. So when you actually bother to emotionally connect with a convict, it makes it all the more personally unpleasant when they are, say, erased from existence by some alien force when they finally become the next Unluckiest Schmuck of the Day. So it could be fear of losing people you like or, dare I even say, may grow to love."

The old man clears his throat.

"Thirdly, you could just be a bit of a snob and hate socializing with people that are, as you perceive them, a class below you. You may feel a sense of entitlement that comes with not being a death row convict, and rightfully so, might I add, and see fraternizing with convicts as a betrayal of your place in this glorious society, very much like a rich man may be deathly afraid of poor people cooties and enjoy basking in the envy of his lessers. So there's that."

"Fourthly, you could just hate convicts in particular for some reason, the gods only know what that may be. Perhaps they kicked your very first adolescent heartthrob to death just as you and he (or she, I don't judge) were about to get your mack on, I don't know."

"Finally, you could merely be of the opinion that convicts really have nothing interesting to converse with you about anyway, so you choose the Path of the Shut-In and stick to communicating with the friends that appreciate your true intelligence and wit. Or your cat, that works as well."

"All in all, the possibilities are many. However, those are all my answers. I was hoping to hear yours."

Provide long-winded conversation.

The armory master raises an eyebrow, shrugs and then flips to the next page.

"Verbose thing, aren't you?"

((Nothing about thermals there :P

Also, nearsightedness. Looking at that electronic display on the inside of our faceplate is...lesser than a foot from our faces, right? XD))

"Not enough, huh." Feyri was dismayed at the total amount of one less token for the upgrade. As if this had happened before, she decided on a whim to ask as she held her shield up:

"Y'know...just in those cases where anything gets too close and I've no time to draw my sword? Also, is it possible to thicken the weave in and covering this suit to benefit the wearer's strength and agility aspects?"

Inquire on these possibilities

She took a while to let the others - for there were other people around the kiosk - speak, nodding oh so slightly as Stacy mentioned her and...remembering that one entry in her diary.

He was speaking the harsh truth of this life. Something which brought her mind back to a vivid past, something she wanted to forget since her first step on board the HMRC Sword-class prison ship.

If only for you I live and wait...

Searchword: Iridescent
Spoiler: Feyri Nirel (click to show/hide)
"Are you asking if you can do a rocket powered shield bash? Yeah, I see no problem with that."

"...I got it! I know how I'll decide what to make!"

Look for someone who looks in charge and sane. Ask nicely for summaries of previous missions. If given, read them.

There is NO WAY this can go wrong.

You run up to feyri and ask her about all the previous missions.

"Uh... melting teammates was what I meant to exclude by 'unusual,' but what's this about melting your own brain?"

Ask AM about amps.
"Feedback events. You know about those, right?"

Engage sniping.
Your spotter points out 7 possible targets on the parapets and marks them digitally on your scope. There 4 archers, 2 swordsmen and an unarmed man.

"Your opinion please, I prefer something gained and proven with experience rather than something from an unknown source."

"Psychological war is easy. The easiest thing is simply to find out what scares someone and then do that. Failing specifics you can do things that just plain scare most people. Shows of overwhelming force, or at least what looks like overwhelming force work. That or shows of the terrors that await them if they lose, which can back fire and make them desperate and more dangerous.

But the best stuff is the small stuff. Repeating a sound or noise for hours or days can be surprisingly effective at ruining morale. Moving in such a way that it makes them unsure of where you really are instills feelings of panic and paranoia. Lighting fires around them can panic them, sometimes even if they're immune to such things.

When all else fails, ask what would scare you, and then do that to them."

((He's not immortal o me just not giving him actions, Is that allowed Piece?))
Well the brain surgery was pretty much just a hard transformation into a NPC. So if you want to do that, we'll do that.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13439 on: March 19, 2013, 03:02:37 pm »

Consult the AM about ingredients for making a nice dinner.
Say, we don't happen to have any cooking spices around do we? I've been looking to try something a bit more..volatile. You know, give the meal some character. Not like the slop we normally have.
Pages: 1 ... 894 895 [896] 897 898 ... 2101