_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 874 875 [876] 877 878 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924383 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #13125 on: March 09, 2013, 06:47:58 pm »

(Well, he won't know about Jim, but he should know that he's lying on the floor in goop and a few seconds of looking around will lead him to a box of clothing.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13126 on: March 09, 2013, 06:54:21 pm »

((I maintain that a character doesn't know a lot about his situation right after he wakes up somewhere weird until he actually looks around a little.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13127 on: March 09, 2013, 07:11:02 pm »

"OH GODS THIS IS PAINFUL! DO YOU HAVE A KNIFE I CAN BORROW!"
Buy a knife then send a message to Jim basically saying this, bad shit has happened, meet me at the tv.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13128 on: March 09, 2013, 07:19:36 pm »

Milno checks his wristpad and stands up, stretching a bit. Time to prepare and move out for another mission. At least he already had an idea of how to behave now that he had been infected by that damned alien organism: not using its powers at all and staying around until he could hopefully get the thing out of him.

Apparently his resting time wasn't long, but he can already hear screaming and crazy people, as usual. Home sweet home.

Go and check the locker for equipment. If it hasn't been delivered yet, just sit cross-legged there and wait for the AM to deliver it.

Edit:
The most dangerous illusions are the ones that use these unspoken assumptions; that capitalize on your willingness to accept the rules you create for yourself and leave you trapped more by your own rationalizing then anything else. The most dangerous maze is the one you make for yourselves. Do you understand?
((I guess that means Milno's way of dealing with hallucinations so far is more or less correct. Denying the illusion instead of playing its game, that is. Or at least I hope so, since we're taking off for a mindfuckery mission.))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 07:39:31 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #13129 on: March 09, 2013, 07:45:54 pm »

"AAH!!" Celeste stumbles backwards and falls flat on her ass at the sudden appearance of a very deranged, very bloody, very naked man with no hands who is screaming bloody murder. "W-what the fuck...?!" After taking a moment to regain her composure, she shakily gets to her feet, only to get another shock upon hearing the AM's answer. "T... Two hundred... years..." She trails off. "...Now I know why that Magister sent me here... Even if I manage to survive all 10 missions, I have nothing, nobody to return to..." She lets out a quiet, despondent chuckle. "And all because I dared to speak up in defense of innocents..." After remaining silent for a moment, she walks over to the AM.
Inquire about obtaining a knee brace or similar augment for her knee.
"Excuse me, miss... Would you be in charge of augments or the like? I need some kind of support for my knee..."
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 10:20:38 pm by leafbarrett »
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13130 on: March 09, 2013, 08:37:20 pm »

Pancaek looks at the new girl, afraid of bruce
"Ah, to be new, in such blissfull ignorance of the horrors yet to come" "Poetic""Chin up girl, at least you have the whole martyred do-gooder thing gooing for you, I got here for less kosher reasons." "Stabbing that hobo wasn't that bad, he stank anyhow" "How that hobo smelled had nothing to do with why I stabbed him, thank you very much!" "Tsk, touchy"

"anyway, I'm already at the meeting spot." He turns to the AM "So, hurl ammo without using the gun eh? sounds neat. In your experience, sensei, what is the...uh...hurliest ammo?"

Ask armory master the above, wait for Jim's meeting

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13131 on: March 09, 2013, 09:10:15 pm »

Hearing the Armory Master's words, Maurice appeared sunken.
But I said that... Except I said a lot of things and did not focus on this particular thought enough. So, lesson learned, doc: one does not cooperate with terrorists... hehehe. Oh, and one should keep to his beliefs and actions as loudly as possible if he wishes to be heard.
I think I do. Point taken, ma'am.
Then, as he heard the 'good news', his smile blossomed again, yet with greater grinning overtones than usual. As he was helped to stand up, Maurice nodded firmly:
Will do.
Oh, and your new body is certainly shiny and novel, Jim. Good thing the voice remained practically the same.

Now, Lyra, I must thank you for your cooperation and patience. You'll prove a valuable addition to the HMR Corps. Just... don't let your shyness stand between you and your survival, and you'll be fine.

Having said that, he turned to the Armory Master:
That was valuable experience, ma'am, and I thank you greatly for it. One day that knowledge and that experience might save us, I am certain.
May I ask you for supplies for the next mission now?

Inquire. Unless the Armory Master says 'no', continue speaking, otherwise stop bothering her: Do you have any empty advanced kits available, or, failing that, just an assortion of basic instruments one might need for repairs & fixes as well as construction? You know, a hammer, an axe, a shovel, a set of spanners, a set of screwdrivers, Lineman's pliers, that sort of things?
(( Basically, a hammerspace worth of basic aux/handi tools and instruments. ))

At a glance Maurice noticed a couple of faces he did not recognize as well a new message on his wristpad. His smile widened as he read the list of addressees.
The Snark will join us. Good. We have a chance.

(( Blissful ignorance, oh how sweet it is :P ))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:20:32 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13132 on: March 09, 2013, 09:18:56 pm »

Jim grinned as he left for the stasis pods. "Thanks. Frankly it's about time I upgraded, I think. And recognizing my voice? It's probably the accent. I'm the only person on board that speaks in this color." He ticked a salute over his shoulder with his upper left hand. "I'll see you in a few, Maurice."

(Since speaking in color is a thing. XD Steve speaks in Northern Green, after all.)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:20:35 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13133 on: March 09, 2013, 09:30:19 pm »

Quote from: Ye gods the pain! To Jim the friendly robot
OH JESUS IS THAT BONE OH GODS, HELP ME BEING HUNTED, DOC SCREWED ME OVER MEET ME BY THE TV!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13134 on: March 09, 2013, 10:52:12 pm »

"Psychological warfare training?" Charles timidly asks, "Is there anyway you could teach me how to inflict similar effects onto people? I used to be a psychiatrist so that's probably all I'll be useful for. Assuming my illness hasn't corroded away my skills as well. I will eagerly await your answer, though I have some business attend to right now."
He then turns towards Bruce "You do realize this is the armory right? You seem panicked or psychotic probably from shock. I'll help get you to the infirmary."
Charles helps the poor wounded man to the infirmary.
((Sorry anailater, but Charles has no idea whatsoever of your circumstances.))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 11:14:09 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13135 on: March 09, 2013, 10:54:51 pm »

((Goodness NO GWG! 11 year olds?!

Come on... :-\))

((Oh, and good luck avoiding Renen. You'll need it.))
((Glad I know about him. He doesn't know about me... :P))

((Also, Irony. What are you doing with something like Andariel? O_o))

((Nice identifying color Leaf!))

Feyri checked herself for anysign of Pancaek's spoon. Nope. Must've lost it mid-way in the mission.

"So I've got two tokens left, and a new MK III suit thanks to this anonymous person?" She made sure to keep her voice level and curious, but was still wondering on who that was. Apart from the security, lab and staff of the Sword, it must probably be one of the others, surely.

She moved up to Jim, seeing as he was in the Armory along with Maurice and another woman.
"Jim! Did you do anything on the past mission which includes buying new suits of armor?"
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 12:42:51 am by Tiruin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13136 on: March 09, 2013, 10:58:00 pm »

((Goodness NO GWG! 11 year olds?!

Come on... :-\))
(There's over 1,700 pages of Einsteinian Roulette; I wanted something that would still be new after all that.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13137 on: March 09, 2013, 11:06:30 pm »

((And you had to go on with a pre-adolescent criminal? Seriously? Despite the setting being a chaotic universe with a dictatorial government, they'd be punishing Eleven year olds with this kind of treatment? Hell. Given what we've seen, even in that kind of class-based society there would at least be some kind of laws regarding the jurisdiction of juveniles and 'breaking the law'. He's not even a teenager.

E: Still, PW accepted it. Disregard. Just please don't do anything horrid or demeaning. Or at least in the mind of something other than what is moral or ethical. Please.

Seeing that, this makes the whole universe even more twisted. I mean, there was another sheet of the same age and PW didn't accept it. Comparing both, at least yours has better reasons. I guess.))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 11:09:53 pm by Tiruin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13138 on: March 09, 2013, 11:37:32 pm »

((And you had to go on with a pre-adolescent criminal? Seriously? Despite the setting being a chaotic universe with a dictatorial government, they'd be punishing Eleven year olds with this kind of treatment? Hell. Given what we've seen, even in that kind of class-based society there would at least be some kind of laws regarding the jurisdiction of juveniles and 'breaking the law'. He's not even a teenager.

E: Still, PW accepted it. Disregard. Just please don't do anything horrid or demeaning. Or at least in the mind of something other than what is moral or ethical. Please.
I'm offended that you think I would willingly do something like that.

Seeing that, this makes the whole universe even more twisted. I mean, there was another sheet of the same age and PW didn't accept it. Comparing both, at least yours has better reasons. I guess.))
...I'm not the first to try this? Aw.
Still, the way I look at this, this mostly makes Grate's homeworld a sucky place. Of course, what that says about the galaxy as a whole isn't good, but it's not as bad.
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13139 on: March 09, 2013, 11:39:13 pm »

I'm offended that you think I would willingly do something like that.
((I'm addressing how actions could be taken as - not necessarily speaking about you. There is a line for everything.))
Pages: 1 ... 874 875 [876] 877 878 ... 2101