_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 873 874 [875] 876 877 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923898 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #13110 on: March 09, 2013, 02:32:38 pm »

Pancaek sees a new face wander into the armory right as he's leaving.

"Well, seems like we got another new arrival. Congratulations on joining the HRMC. I'm Pancaek, that over there is the armory master. She's kind and helpful, but don't piss her off. And here-" he hands her a spoon "-for good luck. You'll need it, seeing as your life is now forfeit to Steve. Anything I can help you with?" "Aren't we chatty today. Better make it fast, this one won't last long, she's already limping"

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #13111 on: March 09, 2013, 02:40:43 pm »

"Oh, h-hello... My name is Celeste." The man hands her a spoon, for some odd reason, saying it's for good luck. "Um... Thank you." Not wanting to offend the man, she accepts the spoon. Perhaps it would indeed come in handy at some point.
Inquire about the date.
"Um... What year is it? I literally just woke..."
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13112 on: March 09, 2013, 02:47:02 pm »

"You're asking what day it is? Well, it's another day in the corps, but other than that I haven't a clue. You might try asking Steve, our robotic overlord. Don't offend him either, he has your kill switch. Which reminds me, you're implanted with a device that can deliver shocks to your...uh..spine or brain, I forget.""they'll both make you dead, sure as sure"
"Yeah, exacly. Try not to lose any sleep over it. "

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #13113 on: March 09, 2013, 03:15:39 pm »

She murmurs to herself, "That's not a good sign... God, how long was I out, then? 10 years? 20?" She makes a mental note to ask Steve the date later on. She asks Pancaek, "How do I go about talking to him? Can he hear us from wherever in the ship, or do I need to go to a certain computer terminal, or...?"

((What's the deal with this tinkering system I saw mentioned before? Also, where does one obtain the starting 5 tokens? Or am I just dense and already have them?
Btw, I half-expected to have to do an intuition roll to find the armory XD))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 03:33:47 pm by leafbarrett »
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13114 on: March 09, 2013, 03:17:36 pm »

((I believe PW said during one of the podcasts that you can just assume you know things like the ship layout, so that he wouldn't have to explain it in game every single time. but don't quote me on that, I have an iffy memory))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13115 on: March 09, 2013, 03:41:40 pm »

She murmurs to herself, "That's not a good sign... God, how long was I out, then? 10 years? 20?" She makes a mental note to ask Steve the date later on. She asks Pancaek, "How do I go about talking to him? Can he hear us from wherever in the ship, or do I need to go to a certain computer terminal, or...?"

((What's the deal with this tinkering system I saw mentioned before? Also, where does one obtain the starting 5 tokens? Or am I just dense and already have them?
((the initial 5 tokens are a gift from schrodinger, you just have them, there is no explanation of where you get them from. they are physical objects, and yes you started naked, and no you never got them, you just have them somehow.

tinker is a VR system used to make new items))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13116 on: March 09, 2013, 04:01:22 pm »

"I believe he's monitoring everything, so you could just shout into the air and he'd hear you, I reckon."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13117 on: March 09, 2013, 04:35:39 pm »

((I think it was mentioned you find the tokens in the pockets of the standard-issue clothing you get from the box. However, if you do try to come back and check the other clothes, there are no tokens there.

Oh, and good luck avoiding Renen. You'll need it.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13118 on: March 09, 2013, 04:59:06 pm »

((I believe PW said during one of the podcasts that you can just assume you know things like the ship layout, so that he wouldn't have to explain it in game every single time. but don't quote me on that, I have an iffy memory))
((This is correct.))

((We have some Virtual Reality machines in the rec room, which allow you to do various virtual reality things. One of the most popular and useful modes is Tinker, which lets you experiment with existing and possible gear, either to figure out how something works or, more often, to experiment with building new custom gear. Do note that custom gear is a lot more expensive than comparable standard-issue stuff, so most custom projects don't actually end up being viable, but it's still fun and there's some stuff they just don't have or that isn't listed.

Also, modes in VR tend to be fairly fluid or irrelevant. A lot of people test out their creations while working on them, for instance, even though technically that'd probably count as a Duel function.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13119 on: March 09, 2013, 06:33:19 pm »

((BUT I LIIIIIIIKE ANIME!!!!!!  :'( ))

((ok, ok, time to go for disbelief))

stop acknowledging the illusion around me, stop imagining this voidworld of illusions. stop looking at an imaginary place. stop imagining things.
[will:4+1]

You wake up back in the armory. Maurice is next to you and a few people are staring at you. Huh, looks like you're back home.

"Good morning, sunshine." the armory master says, glancing at you in a sidelong fashion as she flips the page of her book. "Have fun?"

((I am so sorry and/or accept all credit. :x

On the bright side, even if you can't levelup or levelup physical stats, you might be able to convince the Doctor to do something different to you once you've had a few test runs. Likely be incredibly difficult to alter you in your current state, but I'm sure the Doctor's very resourceful when he wants to be.))

Check prices and effectiveness (via gauss/laser testing subjects sporting them, if necessary) of various synthetic skeletons or at least skulls. See if they make them nuanced enough to just have marrow in them like regular bones.

Compare berserk mode effects in normal body, robot body, synthflesh body, normal body in MKIII, and normal body in battlesuit.

Acrobat synthflesh sounds a bit too extreme. Try for something more like a lither Andariel.

Yeah, when you say "lithe" I imagine something more like this, not something like this. Although I guess if you want a 12 foot tall woman wearing nothing but a chainmail string bikini, I suppose we can do that. Although you're gonna attract Renen like a goddamn moth to a flame thats shaped like a female moth doing a striptease.

Well the solid metal bones that they use in synthflesh bodies and in Feyri's are the strongest. You could do what amounts to "plating" your bones in metal in such a way that they're still porous and able to function normally, and that would make them stronger, but not as strong as solid metal. Ie, you can take a gauss round to the skull but you are going to be concussed with a skull fracture and possible brain swelling. Not a good day.

Berzerk in a normal body or standard, free robot body is going to cause damage. Less on the robot body, obviously, but you'll still be worse for wear. Synth-flesh should be able to survive it with minimal or no damage (from yourself, at least) while a MK III will probably still end up injuring the user because they're still over exerting themselves.

((...I guess it would be a flamethrower. Eh, nah, enough of those already.))

Open duel.

Make virtual target range.

Test Colt .45 Skills. Fire a clip at a target 1 meter away. Repeat at 5 meters. Then 10 meters. Then 20. Then 50.

Well a meter away is freaking easy. Might as well tape your barrel to the target. 5 meters is pretty damn easy too, same with 10. 20 is when you need to start aiming more and 50 gets quite difficult to hit precisely.

((Welcome to the crew leafbarrett! :D Its good to see another level-headed medic! PW: the link leads to a 403 forbidden area.

Also.

O_o

MK III?!))

Feyri raised an eyebrow at the mention of a pre-purchased MK III, her face unable to hide the surprise.

"Err, can I swap back the MKII then for five tokens? Do you know who sent me that, if I may ask?"

Milno? Faith? Jim?...Maurice, or perhaps Bishop? No wait...err, could be that strange May character but I don't know her that much.

Or...maybe a present from someone else? I'd doubt any of my family are in the HMRC...or if they are then-...Ok, that's not the answer.

Inquire @ AM, sell MKII (ok, I just got that its an upgrade so UPGRADE instead!) and then head to the locker area.

"When was this done, by the way? I passed the locker area after...Mission debriefing, seeing nothing there."

And if the above goes, head to the locker room and begin thorough inspection of my own locker.
"I don't know if they would want their identity revealed. But they're still onboard, I can tell you that much. And it will be in your locker in a little bit. Gotta bring it there myself. I'm just saying it will be there soon."

>All sorts of field manipulators. Primarily personal ones - how large are they compared to a normal field manipulator, how do they differ in size between themselves, how different or similar are the components?

For the most part they seem to be smaller then normal field ones; must be that the normal ones have most of their space filled by interface stuff. As per size between themselves, it seems like the ones that have to do more complex things are larger while simple actions are smaller. As per their components you can't be sure. They're literally all just black boxes with mounting points.

((@leafbarrett Welcome to the HMR Corps! We hope you will enjoy your stay here  :)
Regarding the nakedness: worry not, there is a box full of standard HMRC clothing next to where you start.))
... Armory Master drifting through the wall...
Memory, I think. It gives substance and meaning to human life by allowing to accumulate personal history and thus have personality - besides pure functional utility of knowledge of past - yet is imperfect. Often fragmented, incomplete; decays over time.
Insubstantial basis as substance for human life as we know it. Insubstantial material for these places beyond doors, thus resulting in the inconsistencies or abnormalities.

Reply.
You wake up in the armory next to your quiet friend with the armory master looking down on you.

"Didn't quite get it, did you boys and girls?" She says, sitting on the ground next to you both. "You want to know the first thing they teach men like that murderer you fought? It's really quite simple. Humans ignore pure random input, but they also aren't fazed by pure logical input. What really stumps a person, keeps them distracted, is random input that seems logical. Humans are designed to find patterns, see faces in the clouds or hear voices in static, so if you string together bits and pieces of their memories they will try desperately to find some sort of underlying logic in it. Same thing with the doors. You guys kept opening them, looking for a way out, because thats what doors are. They're a way out. You fall prey to this unspoken assumption that there is some sort of internal way out of the illusion. But there isn't; and while you search your bodies are defenseless.

The most dangerous illusions are the ones that use these unspoken assumptions; that capitalize on your willingness to accept the rules you create for yourself and leave you trapped more by your own rationalizing then anything else. The most dangerous maze is the one you make for yourselves. Do you understand?"

The hiss of a stasis pod opening signals the "arrival" of Celeste, who... promptly stumbles and falls to all fours, her body still stiff and her brain cloudy from the long sleep. "Wh... oh... How long... How long was I...? ...!!!!" She yelps as she realizes her current state of undress, and covers herself with her hands, or tries to. She scans the room, and upon noticing the box of clothing, immediately reaches for it to put some on.
Grab a set of clothing and put it on.

You wipe off the stasis goo and put on a nice set of clothing to cover your...pokeballs.

Charles asks for the specifics of the lesson.
I'll just assume you overheard what she said above.

((Bruce, I think the Dok may have screwed you over there. Practically immortal, but never going to improve? That's quite a terrible trade-off.))
I think he might still be able to increase his skills though. But, yes, generally being the punching bag for an eldritch abomination is definitely a horrific fate.
Yep, can still increase skills, but Stats are locked.
((I'm going under the assumption that getting dressed won't require a dice roll.))

After putting on the (admittedly ill-fitting for her twig frame) clothing, Celeste exits the room and begins to wander the ship, trying to figure out where everything is. She's still a little unsteady on her feet, so it's obvious she just woke.
"Nnh... ...I wonder what the date is...? How long was I out?"

Look for another person, for the sake of asking about what's going on.
The closest person I remember being around is the cluster of people in the armory. So you go to the armory and as the fairly simple question of "WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE? WHY DID I WAKE UP NAKED, COVERED IN GOO?"

The response from the armory master is "Because It's tuesday?"

Out of the VR. Search for Doc to continue with the training and meet my new fighting partner.

((Well, after the training session, Renen should meet and introduce himself to the new girl. Not like the first time thought.))
You hop out of the VR machine and head to the training room. You walk and are immediately caught and turned around by the Doctor. 
"New exercise: Hunt your partner."

He hands you a length of nylon rope and a knife.

"He's fairly resistant. Just don't stab him in the brain or you're going to have to potty train him again."

He shoves you out of the room.

"Wait, what does he look like?"

"Oh..probably naked, screaming and covered in blood. Just bring him back here in three pieces or less."

((Oh fuck balls.))
"U-uh, is this because I din't turn around, also because it seems appropriate, ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
Go To A.M. scream all the way, casually ask for token count and ask why the doctors so fucking bat shit insane.
((I for see very little tokens and very much insanity in my future.))

Turns out you have to cut off both of your hands just to get out of your restraints. It is very unpleasant. That done, you go running, naked, screaming, covered in blood out of the infirmary and to the armory.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, I have 5 tokens, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, why is the doctor so very antisocial? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

The armory master just kinda winces as you continue to scream at her. The new girl seems a bit disturbed by the screaming, bleeding maniac.

Take a cold shower.
You take a cold shower. You also put some saltpeter in your food, just in case.

Might as well join...
Spoiler: Grate Worm Gold (click to show/hide)
Anything I should add or change?

And sorry about the IC mistake.
THAT 11 YEAR OLD HAS A GUN! EVERYBODY SCATTER!

Welcome aboard, ya homicidal tike.

Out of the VR. Search for Doc to continue with the training and meet my new fighting partner.

((Well, after the training session, Renen should meet and introduce himself to the new girl. Not like the first time thought.))
((oh lawdy what. Note to self: do NOT leave speech to PW unless necessary.
So, uh, in the meantime, someone wanna interact with my character, or...?
asdf my ? key is screwing up :c))

"Wasn't there... supposed to be an armory or something in this place somewhere?"
If nobody introduces themselves to Celeste in the meantime, attempt to find the AM, or the armory, or... whatever. The place/person what where you buy stuffs.

((...I now feel like a complete putz for forgetting part of my own character. Celeste has a pronounced limp (her left knee was a bum knee, but after an injury that had to go for a long time without medical treatment, she has a rather severe weakness in that knee).))
Does a naked, blood splattered man screaming at you count as an introduction? Because if so, consider yourself introduced.

"Oh, h-hello... My name is Celeste." The man hands her a spoon, for some odd reason, saying it's for good luck. "Um... Thank you." Not wanting to offend the man, she accepts the spoon. Perhaps it would indeed come in handy at some point.
Inquire about the date.
"Um... What year is it? I literally just woke..."

"Dates are a bit hard to keep around here, thanks to subjective and objective times mixing. But you've been in stasis for about 200 objective years since you were first podded." The armory master shouts over the man screaming his lungs out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13120 on: March 09, 2013, 06:43:35 pm »

Jim, seeing that Maurice and his partner is awake, offered a pair of right hands - one for him, one for Lyra - back to their feet. "Maurice, good news. You've been drafted. Get your stuff together; as soon as I contact the others we're out of here." He patted Maurice on the shoulder and sent out a mass message.

Quote from: James Kelly to Milno Endrasi, Gorat Ivanos, Pancaek Nilys, Maurice Sanctor
Congratulations! The four of you have been hand-chosen by me to come along and likely get your mind fucked by unknown entities. It's sure to be a mission of fun, friendship, and lessons about sharing/caring in which we'll all grow and learn as people and definitely not in any way probably end up as brainless vegetables. :D

You have a few minutes to bug the Armory Master, but then we're meeting in the Armory. Don't be late! ;D

With that overly sarcastic message sent, Jim headed to the stasis pods to check the box of clothing and see if there was any pants that would fit him. If so, he put them on. If not, well, his nudity was everyone else's problem, not his.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:07:07 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13121 on: March 09, 2013, 06:44:26 pm »

((Well, the 11-year-old was kinda being pursued by armed authorities. And he made the "gun" himself.)

Wake up.

"...Where am I?"

Examine current situation.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13122 on: March 09, 2013, 06:45:30 pm »

Start "Duel" with Milno AI as enemy.

Shoot him. A lot.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13123 on: March 09, 2013, 06:45:56 pm »

(I'll save PW some time, GWG: you're lying naked and covered in goop just outside the stasis pods. Likely any second now a tall, four-armed, hairless, pure-white-skinned man will wander in looking for pants, so you've been warned. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13124 on: March 09, 2013, 06:47:07 pm »

(I'll save PW some time, GWG: you're lying naked and covered in goop just outside the stasis pods. Likely any second now a nine-foot tall, four-armed, hairless, pure-white-skinned man will wander in looking for pants, so you've been warned. :P)
((Does Grate know that?...Well, before looking around?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 873 874 [875] 876 877 ... 2101