_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 824 825 [826] 827 828 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5927461 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: I told you.
« Reply #12375 on: February 27, 2013, 10:53:31 pm »

((That went a lot better than I expected.))

((I do believe that metallic flask contained the Voices that are pestering the dude with the sphere to use it.

So Purple could be... mechanical alterations?))
((Right. Duh. I even knew Otu was the one with the flask, and that he was now infested with voices, but didn't quiiiiite connect there.

So yes, purple might be self alterations of some kind. Calling that mist "mechanical" might be a bit of a stretch, but it's probably a bit of a stretch to call magical voice mist anything. Alteration via internal implants of some kind? The counterexample being that Jim's permanent painkiller has a permanent effect and then dissipates, I think. That'd be making assumptions about the nature of the voices, though.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12376 on: February 27, 2013, 10:54:49 pm »

Victor purchases a crystalline projector. He also gets two kegs of beer.
He rolls the kegs to blockade the corridor.
He then takes position as far away from the Armory entrance as possible aiming his projector at it.
If Ivan comes into view, Victor will fire as many shots as possible into Ivan while taking evasive maneuvers.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:55:34 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12377 on: February 27, 2013, 10:58:15 pm »

((I had mentally marked "purple" as gadgets but the goggles and the flask both contradict this.  Not sure now.

Also, I'll have to add the Maurice ones [not right now]- thanks!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12378 on: February 27, 2013, 11:02:12 pm »

OH COME ON! JUST FREAKING DIE ALREADY!... okay to hell with this, its time for overwhelming force. Milady, you may wish to move away from the door before i set off this here firecracker.

hide behind the overturned table and wait for ivan to reach the magazinw next ro the door before broadcasting the detonation code regardless of any fellow inmates residing in the killzone
Shoot him in the back repeatedly if he survives, maybe ill get lucky and take out his heart(s)

((Sir Lockerlot 3, ivan 1  :D))

Edit: why the hell was i picking up the magazine to throw it at him? Id have to get past him to reach it when hes walking over to it anyway and hed be out in the hall by the time i got back to the table

« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 05:16:39 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12379 on: February 27, 2013, 11:09:16 pm »

((Doc continues to creep me out.))
((He's just lonely. He needs somebody to talk to on his level, although I don't think I'm accomplishing that very well. And I really can't figure out what he meant.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12380 on: February 27, 2013, 11:40:36 pm »

Victor purchases a kinetic amp and a laser rifle.
He activates the amp and lays it plate up like a land mine outside the armory.
He then takes position as far away from the Armory entrance as possible aiming his laser rifle at it.
If Ivan comes into view, Victor will try to slice Ivan horizontally.

"Attention all HMRC units, there is now a kinetic amp landmine outside of the armory."
((that isn't going to work, it only amplifies force directionally. you can either make anyone step on it dent the floor by pointing it down, or have some kind of tripwire trigger a mechanism to apply force to the underside of it while the amp faces up))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12381 on: February 27, 2013, 11:47:55 pm »

((Edited.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12382 on: February 27, 2013, 11:51:52 pm »

Also the armory master isn't in the armory, so good luck buying anything right now.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12383 on: February 27, 2013, 11:57:44 pm »

I love how despite going out of my way to avoid fighting ivan i ended up dealing the most significant injury to him out if everyone all because the armory master called my bluff.

( i was just gonna sit in the hangar bay perfecting my armor until the mission team got back)
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12384 on: February 28, 2013, 12:24:59 am »

Walk casually into rec room.
What's happening guys? I hope there aren't any headless cicadas in here! I've got an allergy you know.
Blast any headless cicadas I see.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 01:11:46 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12385 on: February 28, 2013, 12:37:29 am »

Walk into rec room.
What's happening guys? :D
Im throwing an explosive device at a headless demon cicada currently walking towards the door youre trying to enter through... you may wish to reconsider entering this room

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12386 on: February 28, 2013, 12:50:06 am »

Walk into rec room.
Im throwing an explosive device at a headless demon cicada currently walking towards the door youre trying to enter through... you may wish to reconsider entering this room
((awww, comon, the mental image is just so GLORIOUS! let him do it, he forgot where he was in the ship anyway, it's not like re-rolling will cost him that much :P))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12387 on: February 28, 2013, 12:57:25 am »

Walk into rec room.
((awww, comon, the mental image is just so GLORIOUS! let him do it, he forgot where he was in the ship anyway, it's not like re-rolling will cost him that much :P))
Im not gonna refrain from detonating this device just because he enters the room, i just thought it was only polite to warn him.

Your mental image still has a chance of coming to pass.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12388 on: February 28, 2013, 01:09:09 am »

((Doc continues to creep me out.))
((He's just lonely. He needs somebody to talk to on his level, although I don't think I'm accomplishing that very well. And I really can't figure out what he meant.))
((my guess? genetic alterations. the stuff that made the altered. the kind of tech that he uses when messing with people.

that kind of tech was developed with the goal of improving mankind, and it WAS successfull for a while. it probably was gleefully embraced before the altered wars.

and now it is hated, expunged, avoided at all costs, looked upon with dread and fear.

that make sense to you?))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12389 on: February 28, 2013, 03:30:25 am »

(( Seems quite likely, actually. Or perhaps it might be something which was acceptable in the dire days of the Altered Wars, and more than frowned upon later.
(We know that ghost ships were a desperate gamble of that time, and are questioned by the modern day UWM cizitens, so could the UWM go even further on the desperate end of the scale back then?)

About the purple-labeled items: Actually, I find it rather likely that those are mechanical alterations of some kind in the light of Piecewise mentioning in one of the ER talks three distinct ways of upgrading self - biological (Faith), cybernetical (Jim) and one based on gadgets and other 'mundane' items (Milno), which might actually correspond rather nicely to blue, purple and green, respectively. ))

Wow!
Open the book at a random page and read.
(( Could... not... resist... :D ))
It works just like that? Interesting.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 03:45:15 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 824 825 [826] 827 828 ... 2101