_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 804 805 [806] 807 808 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923474 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Don't poke the arch-demon.
« Reply #12075 on: February 20, 2013, 11:12:21 pm »

((I'm fairly surprised Multiworld Madness hasn't dropped off the radar entirely by now, with how much activity there is in the RTD forum nowadays.))

"Tch. These people have no sense of self-preservation at all, it seems. Alright Steve, exactly where is this implant? Shoulder-level? Base of the skull?"

Leave cover but maintain respectable distance from Ivan. Line up that shot. As before, don't fire unless somebody else fires or Ivan starts attacking.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:18:46 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12076 on: February 20, 2013, 11:42:08 pm »

(...Mine's still in the top 10, let alone number 6? O.o)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12077 on: February 21, 2013, 12:51:59 am »

"Well shit. Guys? It seems that the kill switch broke. So, no easy way out. Sorry mate."

Scan again. See if he has any way to survive in space, and check to see if he has multiple brains, or brain bits everywhere.

He doesn't look particularly made to survive in space, at least not in any long term fashion. His nervous system is kind of odd though; it does have rather large bulbs spaced through out it. Who knows what they do though.

Sure why the fuck not,

set my laser diffusion back to zero and shoot the lock on jims locker, after opening it steal a face sized piece of scrap armor then stick it in my locker ready for modification and fitting.

Once armor is acquired set the diffusion back to 3 and walk back to the rec room to check up on our friendly neighbourhood cicadaman

[con:1+1]
You miss. You miss really hard. You carve a glowing trail through 4 lockers, none of which are jim's. Hell, none of which are even in the same direction as Jim's. Somehow you've turned yourself 180 degrees and sliced the shit out of the lockers behind you.

Send a message to everyone except Ivan:
Quote from: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos; to almost everyone
We're too clumped. Try to spread out, but not hastily.
Also forward the infirmary reports from earlier to everyone except Ivan. Try to follow my own advice about spreading out slowly. And of course continue being at the ready.

You send everything and slowly start backing away, spreading out from the tightly clustered group.

((@piecewise: so i got the jacket?))
Yeah, What you're wearing doesn't really matter except for roleplay (at least most of the time) so we can just assume you're wearing a jacket,though I don't remember one.

Join in the Mexican Stand-Off.

"...So, err, how tough is 'Ivan', and what is he?"
You join the Ivan watch. All Ivan, all the time.

Piecewise said i have to rob jim so rob jim i shall  ;D
Why do I keep reading "Rob jim" as "Rim Job"? I feel l might be the slightest bit dyslexic tonight.

((So do I take it nobody hear read good old Stanislaw Lem? Or was it just lost among the flood of other things? Try as hard as I can, I cannot infiltrate the minds of other human beings. (rhetorical).

Oh, and since when and why are we on a one post a day schedule?

And if anyone has any complaints about my chosen font, please tell me. Does anyone else have that one? And finally, can anyone tell me what the glow options determine? There's a color (I get that one), comma, a single digit number (?), comma, and a triple digit number (?). I tried to tweak it, but I can't actually see any difference. Or is there a way to artificially create colors? How?))

Can't agree with you more about the inconvenience. The problem is that it's not just the eyes, it's the visual cortex that is damaged. Now, I don't know what space magics are available here, so I'm not in any position to argue with you, but back home, at the time at least, they couldn't do anything. But hey, I'll check it out.

But first, he wanted to see the armory. Kind of weird for a single place to be responsible for everything from nukes to gum. Come to think of it, did they even have gum over here? It was an ancient practice for smoke addicts trying to quit to chew gum instead. But maybe this place didn't care about that sort of this. Might as well ask. Tck, tck, ttack, ttack, ttack, ttack...

Well, here he was. The armory. If he didn't know where he was going, he might have even missed it. After all, it's not like he could see through the glass. That would make his life to easy. Was it glass? Yup, it was glass.

Hello, Mr or... Ma'am it is. I am sorry, can't really see through the glass. And you sell me weapons in exchange for tokens. I remembered. I have a couple questions for you then. As a blind man, would I have any problems with the use of amps or manipulators? I can type just fine, it's it's recognition of my commands, especially for the amps, that I am worried about. And is it possible to solve the calculation in a manipulator, and instead of pressing the commands, wait for an extended period of time? Or do the calculations change if I do not press it right away? Always wanted to try these things out.

And it is true that you sell not only weapons but also all kinds of other utilities here? Even going as far as giving away liquor and space mushrooms for free? What about gum?

Oh, and finally. I am going to the infirmary right now to try fix my eyes, and if I fail at that, at least regrow my lips, nose, and ears. I there anything I should be worried about, like some unintended consequences or hidden costs? Who should I talk to about it? Someone in the some of the neurology departments I assume.

Go to the Armory. Ask Armory Master the questions above. If she tells me that drinks are free, take a single bottle of light booze, (brands don't matter) and a bottle of something very strong. Also, take two pacts of standard smokes (but not blue smokes) and a pack of some strong or special ones (brand or specific type doesn't matter)

"Well, as long as you have some way of telling where in space you want the effects to be localized, you should be fine. You don't NEED to see it, but you have to know where it needs to go.  That and You're gonna have a hard time with manipulators, what with needing to read the screen and all. And no, you can't pretype things. At least not by much; it might work if you type it in and then wait a minute to press execute, but you can't preload things, as it were."

"We sell almost anything here, if you have the money. Most standard things, food, drugs, booze and the like are free. Gum too."

"Hidden costs, no. Unintended consequences, perhaps, depending on how you phrase your requests. Things here are under the care of The Doctor. He's more then capable, but perhaps not dependable."

She gives you a bottle of HMRC standard. "We've only got one normal type of booze around here, and it's 'drink your memories away' strong. Water it down if you want it weaker."

She gives you two packs of normal cigarettes and a pack of something she calls "Mellows".

"'Altered?'" Chaz looked at Ivan, in an attempt to get an idea of what he might deal with if he pulled the trigger.

Think this crossed with a cicada. Then make it 10 times worse.

wait up to 10 seconds without moving... at all... for Maurice to stop trying to eat voidfloor.
"coma"
after either he starts coming over to the door or 10 seconds pass, take advantage of the fact that this is purely in my head to fix the problem that i'm completely unarmed by turning upwards the palm of my left hand and opening it, and forming a small (6-inch-diameter) ball of blue flame floating four inches above my left hand that doesn't burn me or others i designate (for example, my clothes, maurice, and his stuff).
(this is why i needed to know if i got the jacket or not) continue carrying said ball of flame as i move around.
turn to the door and open it with my right hand, look around at whatever is on the other side. if i find nothing threatening, then investigate the area.

Ah, making things in there eh? Yeah, possible. Much more so then escaping.

Flame flickers above your palm. It's smaller then you wanted, but not bad, all things considered.

((So hes resistant to cold huh? well then I guess heat is the simplest option))

Well then, screw it lets see how commune strain altered deal with hyper-temperature

"Oi you lot get away from him quick..." "Also dibs on the head"
Once everyone moves away from Ivan heat central mass as hot as the manipulator can handle without melting a hole in the ship.

You wait for the cluster to uncluster.

(you're up in Perplexicon,by the way.)

((I'm fairly surprised Multiworld Madness hasn't dropped off the radar entirely by now, with how much activity there is in the RTD forum nowadays.))

"Tch. These people have no sense of self-preservation at all, it seems. Alright Steve, exactly where is this implant? Shoulder-level? Base of the skull?"

Leave cover but maintain respectable distance from Ivan. Line up that shot. As before, don't fire unless somebody else fires or Ivan starts attacking.

You sidle out of cover and hide behind the VR machines, still lining the shot up. It's not gonna be an easy shot to make, even aimed like this.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12078 on: February 21, 2013, 01:22:16 am »

Piecewise said i have to rob jim so rob jim i shall  ;D
Why do I keep reading "Rob jim" as "Rim Job"? I feel l might be the slightest bit dyslexic tonight.
RIM JOB. RIM JOB NOW!

use handiwork to remove and steal at least 8 locker doors... especially Jim's... but leave all his possessions alone.

Oh and turn around first

then using my infinite powers of zero impulse control use handiwork and any precision tools i can find to make the doors into makeshift armor plating.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 02:34:15 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12079 on: February 21, 2013, 01:43:55 am »

(By the way, Pariah. If you persist then I'm going to kill you when I get back, whether you're successful or not. Fair warning and all. :3 All I have to do is look at my locker and ask Steve who was trying to break into it.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12080 on: February 21, 2013, 01:49:11 am »

Ill happily replace it  with new scrap when you get back but PW has already determined the path i must take to get heavy duty face armor.

Also wouldnt jim be more preoccupied with saving feyri  than finding out who stole a single piece of scrap from his locker?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 01:52:45 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12081 on: February 21, 2013, 01:53:47 am »

(You can find scrap elsewhere. Why not take off the door of your own locker and use that? Or better yet, ask the Armory Master. I believe she'll give out up to ten pounds free, with each additional ten pounds you buy in bulk from her going for +1 token.

Also, Jim is really pissed about Feyri right now and he's going to want something to occupy his time while she's being resuscitated. Do you really want to be that 'something'? :P)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12082 on: February 21, 2013, 02:04:35 am »

turn to the door and open it with my right hand, look around at whatever is on the other side. if i find nothing threatening, then investigate the area.
((i know bold is for actions, but you seem to be missing bits of action in my posts, should i emphasize the more important bits somehow or un-bold the parts that are mostly for RP reasons or something else to make things clearer?))

EDIT: action interrupted below.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 03:46:18 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12083 on: February 21, 2013, 02:21:26 am »

Fine you can keep your damn armor grade scrap metal...
New action: use handiwork to remove Jim's locker door and turn it into a faceplate

actually that's given me a much better idea
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 02:34:40 am by Unholy_Pariah »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12084 on: February 21, 2013, 02:34:32 am »

(Yeah, my subtle hint there was that I paid for that scrap with tokens. -_________-  I can see you completely missed the point, which is taking that scrap is equal to stealing tokens or equipment...)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12085 on: February 21, 2013, 02:36:08 am »

oh... my bad

i really just wanted to steal the bits of twisted scrap that get discarded during the repair process but piecewise said i had to get it from your locker so yeah... but if you paid for it its yours to keep.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12086 on: February 21, 2013, 02:40:59 am »

(Well, like I said, the first ten pounds - which are now some people's swords, I think Feyri and Doomblade's character? - should be free from the AM. I'm not sure how good it'll be. If you wait until Jim gets back, you could always hang around where-ever they repair him at and see if you can't get his partially destroyed leg or head when they replace him, those should make good scrap and he won't begrudge it going to good use. ^^^)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12087 on: February 21, 2013, 02:50:42 am »

Robot leg? internal pistons? possible basis of crossbow?

i call bagsies

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12088 on: February 21, 2013, 03:18:43 am »

(( Augh, couldn't post last night, sorry.
@GM Actually, I've been lying prone on the "ground" since the licking attempt (I haven't stood up since then, right?), but let's just say nothing good came out of the second attempt and that's it. ))
Pity.
Seems there is no way out of here but through that door.
As Maurice stood up and looked around, he noticed the newcomer lady standing beside the door with a small flame flickering in her palm.
Curious.
Sorry for that show... Unfortunately, apparently this place doesn't really care for common sense, physics or expectations of those.
A pretty light source you have there, how did you..? Ah well, you don't need to answer if you don't like, of course.

Stand up and come to the girl. If she tries to open the door or somehow indicates of that decision (like looking at the door and then at me), open it/assist and come through it first. Don't go if the other side looks extremely hostile, though (like a magma sea, or Hexbarax battlefield, or something along those lines).
Smile, of course.

(( I'm starting to figure out what sort of training the Armory Master has in her mind for us, and it seems it's going to be tough for Maurice, given his rather rationalistically inclined point of view. Well, at least if he survives it, it is certainly going to change.
Also, it's never been easier to spell 'Hexbarax' since the last ER Talk! Thank you, piecewise! :) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12089 on: February 21, 2013, 03:56:56 am »

Pity.
Seems there is no way out of here but through that door.
As Maurice stood up and looked around, he noticed the newcomer lady standing beside the door with a small flame flickering in her palm.
Curious.
Sorry for that show... Unfortunately, apparently this place doesn't really care for common sense, physics or expectations of those.
A pretty light source you have there, how did you..? Ah well, you don't need to answer if you don't like, of course.

Stand up and come to the girl. If she tries to open the door or somehow indicates of that decision (like looking at the door and then at me), open it/assist and come through it first. Don't go if the other side looks extremely hostile, though (like a magma sea, or Hexbarax battlefield, or something along those lines).
Smile, of course.

upon Maurice getting up and approching, nod at him then turn and place right hand on doorknob.

when he asks about the flame, release the doorknob, tap the top of my right ear twice with the index and middle finger of my right hand, then place hand back on doorknob. wait for him to reach me.

open door and look around.

if not threatened, go through and wander around gathering information about my surroundings.

if Maurice wants to go through first, allow him too.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 804 805 [806] 807 808 ... 2101