_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 716 717 [718] 719 720 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929123 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #10755 on: November 30, 2012, 06:29:04 pm »

((Well, it did vaporize the rifle first. Perhaps it is some sort of security device? Or a storage device requiring a specific sequence of button presses to open correctly. Which then leads to the question... what needs to be sealed away in such a fashion?))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10756 on: November 30, 2012, 06:32:36 pm »

"Excellent. My plan is working?"

Don the goggles once more, and close my eyes. Observe the Doc. Will the goggles allow me to see the layers of another human?

((MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.))
You allow the goggles to continue focusing your strange new vision, the level of detail you can see slowly increasing, new layers coming into view. You begin being able to see the vague innards of the doctor's mask, as well as something else, even stranger. There appears to be some sort of...field or bubble around the doctor; it's a dark purple, thick and slowly vibrating, encompassing him very tightly like a second skin.

"May I ask what you're staring at?" The Doctor says as you continue to glare at him.'

Yeah, as I said, I know that using the field manipulator with mind is pretty much what an amp does, I'd just prefer to run the calculations consciously if that were possible. Or, well, just anything to speed up their use. Maurice smiled apologetically. And also, I'm sorry, what amp would you recommend as a secondary weapon? Just the microwave one as the most basic/cheapest/etc., or perhaps there is something with a unique set of applications, unmatched by any field manipulator - as it happens to be with the kinetic shunt and the amps, I presume?

Well then, Steve, if you insist... Two tok- ahem. Just like that time.I'd like to reconsider the implications for a moment or two, if you don't mind a small delay.
And no, I'm nowhere near thinking about replacing you, it's just... I think I'd like to try creating a small AI myself. We are not forbidden to do that, are we?

Continue talking.
"Best we could do is rig something up that let you do the calculations hands free and projected the readout from the FM on your faceplate. We can't alter the FM's themselves so it would all just have to be independent systems the FM slots into. As per amps, any of the ones that manipulate organic chemistry are always unique, you don't get that sort of thing with FM's, at least no where near as easily."

>No, but to create one you'd need a good deal of brain matter. You got a teammate you don't like?

((wha? Oh. Spelling error.))
Try to learn from the book. Again.

(sorry, couldn't resist.)

The next chapter is called "The Book of Water" and mostly deals with specific sorts of cutting techniques for the sword, as well as continuing to espouse the importance of remaining fluid, unpredictable and versatile in any situation.

Get out of the mode. Go to the AM and ask some tips about amps and weaponry.

Can you give any tips about amps in general? How much time we need to rest after excessive usage? Is there a way to use a dead body's brain to create a simple robot that uses amps to be controlled by me?

((@PW: I know one of the bonuses was from my chance of +1 to Exotic, but how about the other one? Was it because Renen is getting used to switching the mode on?))

Renen
+1 to all katana combat rolls
1/3 Dex,char,will,exotic
-1 handi, con, med
MK II
Unnamed Katana
4 token

"Depends on how much willpower you have really. The more you have, the greater your reserves, and the longer it takes for them to completely refill. And I don't think something like that would be possible without altering the functionality of the Amp, which is of course completely illegal in very large and dangerous ways. You may want to do some research into "Ghost Ships" though. They don't make them anymore but they were something like that."

"Okay, I know chances are slim to meet these guys, but it seems a bit counterproductive to basically make it up when. Might as well go for completely random in that case. Oh, well, another time maybe."

Exit VR, watch TV a bit. Light a normal cig as well.
You sit down on the couch after setting it and the tv back up, light up a cigarette and watch the first thing that comes on. It's a history channel show about how Aliens are controlling the UWM with the help of some guy named hitler. It's called Modren Aliens.

You suddenly become very depressed for some reason.

((Well, it did vaporize the rifle first. Perhaps it is some sort of security device? Or a storage device requiring a specific sequence of button presses to open correctly. Which then leads to the question... what needs to be sealed away in such a fashion?))

If you remember, you pressed nearly the same button sequence both times. Only the first button press was different. You pressed those different first buttons followed by the same, and last, button.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10757 on: November 30, 2012, 06:41:41 pm »

((I really don't want to find out.unless it's useful goodies.))
Read on!. Also remember anything useful. Quickly mention a bit of info about hitler to whoever is watching the tv.

"Hitler? Really? He has been dead since the 1940s. So I seriously doubt its him." Jack then sighs in disbelief and goes back to reading the book.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10758 on: November 30, 2012, 07:06:53 pm »

((@kisame: I'm surprised in a way. I thought Doc and AM would, by now, simply kill anyone staring at them with strange goggles and the like, since that is very suspicious and both of them have something to hide, even if the "something" is different.

So, I still think you are pushing your luck.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #10759 on: November 30, 2012, 07:26:23 pm »

Simulate a room filled with giant tarantulas.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10760 on: November 30, 2012, 07:46:01 pm »

((@Caellath The same thought here. Guess the Doctor didn't want to jump to conslusions just yet, for whatever reason. I mean, Morul is standing there with his eyes closed, 'staring' at the Doctor - what if he's simply fallen asleep all of a sudden? Those little unlikely, but possible variants/explanations consitute the major part of Morul's odds of surviving the next few turns in my predictions. Or perhaps he'd lie so utterly convincingly that even the Doctor would be swayed?..

@Kisame12794 Go go team lethal experiments! I really hope you'd get somehow out of that situation :)

Also, just a guess - what if, per that GM's comment about 'us/me not knowing their nature', that 'something' they are hiding isn't really different? Only the AM has done a better job convincing other people it is more about her pride and reputation than something else (or, well, maintaining her reputation and shifting our focus to it). ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10761 on: November 30, 2012, 08:07:33 pm »

((Well, we know the AM has a kinetic shunt, but we have no idea what the doctor has.  It's entirely possible he has one too (especially given he's a close combat expert) and that's what you're seeing.  IIRC, no one has played around with a shunt to see how it works.

Also, the Doctor's curiosity is enough for him to ask first and shoot later.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10762 on: November 30, 2012, 08:16:23 pm »

((Also, the Doctor's curiosity is enough for him to ask first and shoot later perform horrific experiments on offenders anyways.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10763 on: November 30, 2012, 08:22:47 pm »

((Po-TAY-to, po-TAH-to.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10764 on: November 30, 2012, 08:37:53 pm »

perform horrific experiments on offenders anyways.))
(( May: "Oh, what a little cutie we have here! Does he have a name? What tricks does he know?"
Doctor: "I call him Morul. He sees things." ))

I see. Well, thank you! Maurice smiled to the Armory Master and, having taken the datapad and the book, went for the exit.
Oh, hi! Seeing the old sparring partner, Maurice greeted him cheerfully but briefly, careful not to disrupt Renen's own dialogue with the Armory Master, and slipped out of the armory.
Ghost Ships, huh?
Go to the briefing room and take a seat there. Begin reading the book I've been given.
Well, I do have a couple of convicts I'd be slightly hesitant to administer aid to, but I was more thinking along the lines of acquiring the brain matter the usual way - for tokens. Or perhaps disecting a fallen human enemy on mission to acquire the organ in question, though I'm not entirely sure I have the moral flexibility required to do so... Or maybe I do. By any chance, are any human adversaries expected on the current mission? Do we really have no contact with the team in that case, not even just sending one-way messages?

Also, by the way, Steve, who's Nyars? Another recruit?

Talk to Steve while walking and (later) reading.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:23:25 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10765 on: November 30, 2012, 08:46:58 pm »

"Nothing. I have my eyes closed behind these goggles. Why? You worried I'm plotting to kill you or something?"

Remove goggles, open eyes, and wink the goggle eye at Doc. Try and remember as much detail as I can, then leave.

((Bah. Morul's smart enough to realism that the Doc is not someone to be fucked with. Though he is curious enough to skirt the line.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10766 on: November 30, 2012, 08:56:37 pm »

((There are probably several people on this mission who would gladly fetch you a brain for a token.  Too bad you can't get in contact with them.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10767 on: November 30, 2012, 09:02:46 pm »

(Seriously, ask Steve if he can put you in contact with Jim. I will gladly get you all the diseased deceased brains you want for a token apiece. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10768 on: November 30, 2012, 09:19:31 pm »

(( Well, if you insist... ;)
Also, I'm sure that the Doctor would be willing to pay tokens make monstrosities/upgrades for those who bring him body parts. I mean, a few of you know that, right?

Though my main problem with using other peoples' brains is that the resulting AI may possibly be influenced by the 'previous owners' of those brain bits. That's why, for example, even if I knew about Mesk's ability to grow body parts I'd rather not use his brain for my experiments. I wouldn't want an AI with an existential crisis from not being able to kick people due to the lack of legs, would I? :P
Still, the civilian brain matter should probably be safe and perfectly good. Editing the original post. 'A man can dream', right? ))
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:25:22 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10769 on: November 30, 2012, 10:32:42 pm »

((I wonder what the Doc would pay for that data chip I got if said chip contains info on this plague...))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 716 717 [718] 719 720 ... 2101