_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929877 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Death count from Cursed Tournament: 4
« Reply #10050 on: November 14, 2012, 02:30:15 pm »

(Travis wasn't in it. O.o And that's assuming it's even going to happen, since the away team is returning this turn and the next mission will start soon. I'm still on my 'wait and see' kick. I'll refund Pyro his token, since Simus is now disqualified by virtue of full-prosthetics. Either that or if he really wants to take part I could say 'whatever' and just let anyone compete based on the whole 'win by points' idea.)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 02:32:12 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10051 on: November 14, 2012, 03:16:25 pm »

(Don't mention the names of the surviving!  The curse will notice them if you do!)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10052 on: November 14, 2012, 04:19:19 pm »

Milno scratches behind his head, noticing some commotion.
"Well, I already expected that, but is there any way of compensating for that bit of weakness from the human body?"

Ask then go check on wtf happened.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10053 on: November 14, 2012, 04:20:19 pm »

May looks around. "Thanks for foodies Thomas. But did people just die again? Jeez." She stands up and clears her throat.

Sing dis'.

Thomas tries to remain calm, but his hands fidget, spilling some of his food.
"Y-Yup. This place is more dangerous than I thought."
Snack with May. Appreciate her singing.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10054 on: November 14, 2012, 04:56:23 pm »

(Holy shit.)

"Jim... you... how could you... you just... I mean..."
Mesk pauses for a second, staring in absolute horror at the carnage.
"You broke the goddamn VR machines again!"
Let loose a primal howl of hideous anguish.
"Meow."

(Well. Sorry Pyro. Wish I had the better decompensator. >.<)

Jim gathers Simus's remains and takes her to the infirmary to be resurrected.

(Also, @ninja edit Remalle: There's probably still a few working.

Almost forgot.)

Anyone who attempts to loot Simus's body before Jim can take it to the infirmary will get punched very, very hard.
You carry half-simus to the Doctor and turn her in for treatment.

"Deary me." he doctor says, holding he body up by it's remaining arm to examine, "Seems someone got overzealous with their amps." He tosses the body onto his shoulder and walks off.

((Damn. :( I saw the '4' in the title and assumed Travis & Buckler would have at least gotten a shot off, but no. Disappointing.))

"...Missions?" Jobasio raised an eyebrow questioningly.
"And, well... What can I have? I feel some sort of weapon would be appropriate."

>Request clarification!

>Also request some form of armament!

"We tell you to go somewhere and do something and then you go there and do it. You'll see what I mean eventually. If you do 10 of them you get out of here. Or you die. Simple as that. You got 5 tokens. If you want something, you buy it with those."

She points at the armory list sign behind her.

((Do full prostheticize me, Jim. Full robot body.))

>Everyone in the Rec Room.

You get a good, solid look at where the now-missing portion of Simus' body was, and now you can see the full degree of internal cyborgization.  Everything, from the heart, to the lungs, to the spleen, is synthetic, not a single trace of an organic organ remains.

You wake up in a standing position, seemingly propped up against the wall in the infirmary. You look down. Robot hands. Normal. Robot legs. Normal. Robot body...not normal. Vaguely feminine robot body? Definitely not normal. You still have that Coupon in one hand though. Huh. You do not have your wristblade though. Aw.

((That was...anti-climatic. Oh well. Now to make a new character or use this time to restart Roll to X-Com. I really have been putting that off too long. Hm))

Unfortunately you did tell buckler only to fire if he was injured. And you both were more atomized then injured so he didn't really have the time. Blame Jim's massive roll and bonuses.

May looks around. "Thanks for foodies Thomas. But did people just die again? Jeez." She stands up and clears her throat.

Sing dis'.

You sing dat.

((Taking a nap in an isolated area has never been so rewarding!))

He'll come back. They always come back.

Become the stone. Become the planet sailing effortlessly in an orbit around a greater system.
(You might be best hiding in the vents with victor at this point. God knows what will happen next in this tantrum spiral.)

You become the pebble. It's kinda lack luster, just lots of being at the bottom of a pond.

'And how much for the Exoskeleton itself? Or do I just have to buy a MKIII?"

Ask

((And that is why you do not fuck with the Vets.))
"9." She points at the armory price board.

Lars picks himself up off the floor, still clutching the book like a mother clutches her child.  This is clearly a dangerous divine being- even reading about him is enough to cause death and destruction.  He'd have to be careful invoking him... though he is clearly very effective.

He sits back down, requests the others be quiet, and resumes reading.

Tell everyone else to be quiet and quit murdering each other, and keep reading!

((Congrats on your prize- I saw the 10k coming but didn't think too hard about it.))
"SHADDAP! Or I swear I'll invoke the god of death on you all!"

You flip a table back up and sit down to continue reading.

“Vo-nos: God of Blades:Vo-nos the Cutter, Vo-nos of the Melee, Vo-nos the Silver Club.”

The image on the opposing page shows what looks like a man wearing a shining, silvery mask and a red robe. In one hand he holds a Gleaming, blood flecked club, in the other a large curved knife. Behind him looms a monstrous aura of  shadowy fangs, flesh, madly rolling eyes and convulsing limbs. The symbol at the bottom of the page is a sword.

“Vo-nos is the god of the melee, Patron of the blade and the cudgel, and fastest of the gods. Those who would join battle with knife or club or spear or sword or any weapon of close death fight and die with him at their side. Inscribe his mark upon your weapons and brand it across your soles to move as he does and bring effortless death to all who oppose you.”

((Oh yay. I go away for a single day to see SIMUS dead of all people, and miss the fun on TRAVIS.

Edit: Overreaction again. Simus lives with that head. :D))

((And that is why you do not fuck with the Vets.))
((Correction: Vets with amps...))

"So having a monoatomic sword is better, in general, than any other sword with a slicing power. Ever? Along with that, how much is it?"

Ask Steve both of that. Get answers.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = James Kelly
Hiya Jim! =)

So I've heard lately...from an omnipresent source...

You're blowing up the ship? Did it have anything to do with Travis? Are you OK??

>Pretty much. I believe they're 6 tokens.

Spoiler:  My new character (click to show/hide)
Got it.

Gorat stands near the door, jaw hanging down. "I... wh... I'll be going. Far away. Right now."

Dive out the door. Ask Steve for the farthest place from any teammate that's accessible to me.
>People tend not to hang around in the hanger, or the locker room.

Milno scratches behind his head, noticing some commotion.
"Well, I already expected that, but is there any way of compensating for that bit of weakness from the human body?"

Ask then go check on wtf happened.
"Getting a robot one?"

You sigh and nod before heading to the Rec room, narrowly missing Jim as he jogs out, holding what looks like about 60% of simus, and makes for the infirmary. The scene in the Rec room is one of toppled furniture, destroyed VR machines and a molten crater in the center of it. Someone has been having a good time.

Sing dis'.

Thomas tries to remain calm, but his hands fidget, spilling some of his food.
"Y-Yup. This place is more dangerous than I thought."
Snack with May. Appreciate her singing.
You retrieve your food from where you dropped it on the ground in the shockwave of Jim's team murder. It's remarkably unspilled. You eat a bit while May sings dat.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10055 on: November 14, 2012, 05:01:10 pm »

Fascinating.

Keep reading!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10056 on: November 14, 2012, 05:08:58 pm »

I forgot to ask: Who here as a player has never gone on a mission?

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10057 on: November 14, 2012, 05:12:59 pm »

Bruce: Awaken
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10058 on: November 14, 2012, 05:16:47 pm »

The first thing to emanate from Simus' new body was a simple, short burst of feedback as she adjusted to her new format, and the emoticon face scrolled through various symbols before coming to a stop on \0-0/.

Qualis? Quid agatur?

No, not Latin. This isn't Altair IV, and the people here are not fellow scientists... Well, some may be scientists, or former scientists, but not fellow scientists.

She she appears to take stock of the situation for a moment.

What the hell happened?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 05:23:18 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10059 on: November 14, 2012, 05:23:18 pm »

~Ave Maria, gratia plena.
Maria, gratia plena
Maria, gratia plena
Ave, ave dominus,
Dominus tecum.
Benedicta tu in mulieribus,
Et benedictus
Et benedictus fructus ventris,
Ventris tui, Jesus.
Ave Maria~
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10060 on: November 14, 2012, 05:24:28 pm »

Jim, who was waiting for her to awaken, responded. "I believed Travis was going to attempt to get revenge for me breaking his bot based on events I recorded shortly before I attacked. ...I'm sorry you were caught up in it, but he was a threat that needed to be eliminated. He had already killed Mason, he was planning to kill me, and it's likely that as delusional as he was he would have started killing anyone he believed to be a threat to him." If Jim was going to do that, he already would have. Anybody on board could ask for him to be shut down and Steve would probably do it just to troll him.

It's sad that, even though we're all thrown together and have enough to worry about across ten missions, we still have to live in a state of mutually assured destruction. He sighed. "So yes, I'm responsible for what happened to you. I'll show you."

Jim sends the aforementioned videofile to Simus, then waits for her reaction.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10061 on: November 14, 2012, 05:31:06 pm »

~Ave Maria, gratia plena.
Maria, gratia plena
Maria, gratia plena
Ave, ave dominus,
Dominus tecum.
Benedicta tu in mulieribus,
Et benedictus
Et benedictus fructus ventris,
Ventris tui, Jesus.
Ave Maria~
Thomas just sat and watched. When May finished, he gave a small round of applause.
Feed self and lizard.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10062 on: November 14, 2012, 05:37:31 pm »

I understand what you did. You probably didn't even think of potential collateral, since what it looks like you were trying to do was very focussed. And you did see how little of me left there was between that body and one like this, even before you accidentally vaporized half of me. Similar incident, though more burns and less vaporization. Also ended up with me here.

/   _
Her emoticon cycles to \O-O/

Permanent solution to a potential issue. If you'd not vaporized him entirely and the bot had opened up on you, I would like have come out to assist. I saw what happened to that kid he claimed was threatening him.

The emoticon cycles back to \O-O/

I suppose the new body disqualifies me from the tournament, though. Pity, it has such a massive grand prize, but it's of no consequence.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 05:39:25 pm by PyroDesu »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10063 on: November 14, 2012, 05:56:20 pm »

"I've been giving that some thought based on what Faith had to say about Cog entering, and what I told her in response. My initial concern was that people like you and I would have an unfair advantage because technically, we do not feel pain any longer. But people could still beat you on points, and if someone was to, say, chop off an arm, it's still debilitating even if you can't feel it. So I'm thinking of revising the rules and allowing anybody to enter, as long as the best armor they carry is Mark One, clothing, or nothing - such as you and me. If, however, you still want to drop out, I'll refund you your entry fee."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10064 on: November 14, 2012, 06:13:17 pm »

Well, seeing as what was to be my main strategy is out, my blade is gone, I honestly don't know. I am now, in effect, human without the ability to feel pain and a few other enhancements, namely involving my brain continuing to exist. Against genetic abominations like Cog, I have no idea. On the other hand, I would have hardly enough tokens to get a new blade at the least if I were refunded. Then again, there is this ticket... Who is Nyar?

Also, sorry for the Latin a moment ago, common language, especially around fellow sci-tech people, back on Altair IV.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 06:15:04 pm by PyroDesu »
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 2101