Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I just discovered a new way to kill nobles.  (Read 4754 times)

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
Re: I just discovered a new way to kill nobles.
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 06:31:27 am »

Seems too complicated anyways. Especially for those that want to keep a semi-neat fort.

didn't nobles have diplomatic immunity?
Its just been revoked.
HA!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 06:34:01 am by RabblerouserGT »

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 07:28:39 am »

It'd be awesome, but nobles have the [PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION] tag, which makes them, as you would guess, punishment-immune. They could take the item to the depot, but they couldn't be punished for it.

Congratulations, we may have just discovered a loophole in the export-ban justice. Need to sell those mechanisms? Just have a noble bring it.
But won't Urist McNoble get all pissy if the culprit can't be punished, even if it's himself?
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

C0NNULL

• Bay Watcher
  • A bastion of crazy in a small area near Hurricanes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2012, 07:36:16 am »

Cannot be helped;

There is a place over there, owned by Irving and Maude. Their house, (Irving and Maud's,) is located over there. They're tending to their garden, the both of them.

(I admit that it is confusing.)

[The author accepts that he should be shot.]
The cat, Anom, approves of Scamps' methods. She admires fine scars on her human's body. She purrs in a method most disturbing. She thinks Scamps needs to train the human better. She rolls on the floor in a luxurious pile of catnip. She attacks her human lightly.
Rimamused  -  Dorfen Itza

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2012, 07:56:18 am »

In a somewhat tangential point, I recall a thread where someone mentioned that his noble ordered himself hammered after a stupid mandate was ignored. It was a few versions ago, though.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 12:44:15 pm »

I remember the multiple mayors bug, resulting in mayors issuing punishments against other mayors.

I have also seen a baron order himself imprisoned for violation of his own mandate, because he was the only bonecrafter in the fortress.  That was stupid funny.

Patroclus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2012, 01:45:46 pm »

It'd be awesome, but nobles have the [PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION] tag, which makes them, as you would guess, punishment-immune. They could take the item to the depot, but they couldn't be punished for it.

That tag must be bugged, because my King received a (non-fatal) beating because he carried a hood to the depot before the mayor issued the mandate to not export hoods.

Oddly enough, the Queen Consort is the mayor now.
I want Hell to be a place where my dwarves can live in peace and harmony.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2012, 02:02:24 pm »

In a somewhat tangential point, I recall a thread where someone mentioned that his noble ordered himself hammered after a stupid mandate was ignored. It was a few versions ago, though.
I recall this too, it was a mayor ordering a hammering for himself because his own mandate was not met.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.
Pages: 1 [2]