Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Eternal Land: Tales of Onino  (Read 4180 times)

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
The Eternal Land: Tales of Onino
« on: April 23, 2012, 09:04:44 pm »

Okay, I've had more issues. Just give me a little and I'll get this stuff sorted out.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:35:19 pm by Nathail »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ngorud: The Man
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 09:10:09 pm »

Why can I never get these world gens?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 09:18:30 pm »

I specially genned this world. Small islands don't usually have 150 megabeast caves, 300 semimegabeast caves, and 150 titans. Gonna be a fun trip.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 12:34:54 am »

Someone should gen a world on a pocket island and build forts to fill EVERY square of the world (except oceans) and breach the circus on every fort, that would be a fun adventure :).
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

cikulisu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 12:55:23 am »

inb4 horrifying demise

GhostRiiide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 01:10:50 am »

How do you craft items? My guy cant make crap.

I hunt stuff with my hands.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 01:31:02 am »

mods.

GhostRiiide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 01:34:47 am »

mods.

Oohh, you know any good mods for adventure mode for that? Or is there a guide I can get to learn how to make my own?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 01:46:39 am »

Wanderer's friend is probably the best one out there for adding stuff just to adventure mode, though some of the others add small amounts of content, usually in conjunction with tons of other things though.

And if you ever want to learn how to mod just stop on by the Modding forums and we will be happy to help you out with any questions you might have! A good idea before you get started is to read the Modding Guide on the wiki, since it outlines the basics of the idea. You might also want to take a look at some of the basic raws in the vanilla DF game, as Toady has some surprisingly good explanations in there already.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 02:01:04 am »

Genesis is good for adventure mode and if I think correctly that's the one OP is using.

GhostRiiide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 02:02:05 am »

Wanderer's friend is probably the best one out there for adding stuff just to adventure mode, though some of the others add small amounts of content, usually in conjunction with tons of other things though.

And if you ever want to learn how to mod just stop on by the Modding forums and we will be happy to help you out with any questions you might have! A good idea before you get started is to read the Modding Guide on the wiki, since it outlines the basics of the idea. You might also want to take a look at some of the basic raws in the vanilla DF game, as Toady has some surprisingly good explanations in there already.

Okay, and I figured out my not having items problem for now. I go into a village at night while sneaking, and use my axe. Getting the axe in the first place was the tricky part.

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 06:42:09 am »

Genesis is good for adventure mode and if I think correctly that's the one OP is using.
I'm using crafting elements from Genesis and Dwarf Chocolate. The weapons at the feet of the colossi means I should eventually be able to forge some nice weapons and armor for my self. I do rather wish one of the civilizations that had started out was a human one though. I'd love to explore demon-ridden forts and raid dungeons.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 09:27:25 am »

The races on Genesis ruin adventure mode imo, like everyone is your enemy and there's no way to tell who's who in the travel screen :/.

GhostRiiide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 01:49:41 pm »

The races on Genesis ruin adventure mode imo, like everyone is your enemy and there's no way to tell who's who in the travel screen :/.

Really? What does Genesis do mostly? I read it uses the Wanderers mod for items, and then adds a lot of races?
Is it that much more fun with it, or is it just mainly unnecessary?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 03:19:22 pm »

Really? What does Genesis do mostly? I read it uses the Wanderers mod for items, and then adds a lot of races?
Is it that much more fun with it, or is it just mainly unnecessary?
Most of it won't affect you in adventure mode since most of the larger mods are aimed more at fortress mode. Basically it adds in more races, weapons, armors, curses/interactions, and castes for some of the current creatures (like different types of dwarves).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: [1] 2