Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Rolling through Space:Game thread: No OSHA compliance (6/10 Players)  (Read 27835 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling through Space:Game thread: No OSHA compliance (6/10 Players)
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2012, 08:40:04 am »

Raelin looked at the mask, and tried to piece the man's expression.

She brought out the scalpel and thread, "Well, explicitly, you never said how I would go along doing such, Sir. I did follow your orders to the letter, and we found something after the ploy. Your reputation as a vindicator, I cannot doubt, but isn't it better to let the enemy find those details out without the notice?

They didn't sound like those who are easily cowed, Commander. When they will face your blade, will their fear be more satisfying?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2012, 08:54:09 am »

"Well, explicitly, you never said how I would go along doing such, Sir. I did follow your orders to the letter, and we found something after the ploy. Your reputation as a vindicator, I cannot doubt, but isn't it better to let the enemy find those details out without the notice?

They didn't sound like those who are easily cowed, Commander. When they will face your blade, will their fear be more satisfying?"

To the letter...? Rezavres sighs and places both hands on the pommel of his sword.
"A threat well-given would lower their morale, even if they happened not to surrender. As for the information, it is very likely they already have this vessel's blueprints on their possession, especially since it was made in one of the Conglomerate's shipyards.

And as for the orders, you did not 'follow them to the letter'. This may not be a major problem now, but imagine a situation where only I can see the major picture due to an advantageous position and you have a limited vision of the stage. I say 'Shoot that man' and you answer 'Why? Let me try to talk to him!' and then I am forced to bear watching your image disappearing amidst a cloud of gore as the man kills you in cold blood.

I care about my crew. You - the most skillful members - are the only people I am not constantly suspecting to be an assassin sent to murder me. The Security Chief herself has just nonchalantly ignored my orders and then deactivated her communications system in some way, probably destroying it, since I cannot even get an offline ping from it. Trying to contact the woman is useless, and I shall deal with her later, but I hope you have understood me."

Edit: Nevermind, scalpel lady, edited out.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 09:08:42 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2012, 08:55:53 am »

Action: Having 'secured' the prisoners, Sai'oda goes to link up with the rest of her ahem 'allies'.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2012, 09:32:53 am »

Use outside hull sensors to see if the boarders are dead. Begin damage control and re-pressurization.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 17, 2012, 11:38:12 am »

"Alpha, stay with the captain and get patched up. The rest of you, come with me." Arrod tries to reinforce the barricades.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2012, 01:15:08 pm »

((Um, forgot to add in the nervousness...))

Raelin lowered the scalpel to examine the foot, taking in every drop of the Commander's wisdom.

Damn, maybe she should watch her craftiness in the future.

"But...The last signal I detected from Sai was a gunshot. She wouldn't purposely break her transceiver. I helped make it..." She then realized where her last message went. Huh.

"You are right, sir. Should've payed more attention to your words. Got...hasty there. Now hold still while I peel off your armor to check on your wound if it's cauterized or not."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2012, 01:45:44 pm »

"You are right, sir. Should've payed more attention to your words. Got...hasty there. Now hold still while I peel off your armor to check on your wound if it's cauterized or not."
"...For some reason, I think it is bleeding too heavily to have been cauterized by a blast door's impact."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2012, 01:53:53 pm »

"That can either be your blood, or the two that you've just purged of their rightful inhabitants. Now, relax. This won't hurt."

She did not want to add in how much it would.

Continue with the medical work!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2012, 02:04:34 pm »

"That can either be your blood, or the two that you've just purged of their rightful inhabitants. Now, relax. This won't hurt."
Rezavres just leans on his sword's handle. It hurts - he is only human, after all - and he can obviously feel the blood escaping from the wound, but showing any sign of weakness when you are the captain is despised; she should not try to be kind with her words. The fact he is used to pain also helps him cope with it.
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2012, 07:13:21 am »

Sector C 27: Aboard the Godsplitter

Rezavres Ethedel
Health: 38/40 (Missing left foot( -2 to movement)

You give a encompassing speach and are relieved to find out that the medical emergency doesn't hurt at all. Oh wait, it seems it hadn't started yet. A few minutes later you can confirm that it does hurt, but at least you are no longer bleeding to death now. Walking with a stump is probably a bit harder, but you're sure you could get a replacement at the black market.

((Or you could buy a peg leg, an eye patch and a parrot and become a Space Pirate))

Raelin Tal'dir

You leave the captain be for some time, checking your surroundings for alternate entries and such. You are pleased to find that the only way in or out the corridor is the elevator, and then less pleased to find out that it has been shutdown when the section was locked down. Seems like you'll have to use the maintenance shaft. You then proceed to have a short discussion with the captain, before continuing with more pressing matters, like the captain bleeding out on the ground.

You expertly remove the armor, and then take the cauterization laser out of the medkit and close the bleeding arteries. You then disinfect the wound, closing it with a layer of Hide-O-gell. The pink blob settles on the wound, keeping it away from filth and making it look quite silly. You then packup the medkit, content with an succesfull operation. According to the instructions he should limit movement and physical activity for as much as possible for half an hour, but you doubt he'll keep to that.

Jack Dendy

You try to repressurize the room, but find that you are unable to do so. It seems that the airlocks emergency was damaged in the blast, and it now refuses to close. The attempt to get the outdoor camera's only works better though and you can see that only 2 of the boarders didn't survive the explosions. You can also see how they are making a beeline to the now destroyed airlock. It's probably going to be a mean fight there. You then skip to the inside cameras to see what they are doing, and find out that they are preparing to cover the airlock with an emergency seal. The ships automated procedures will then repressurize the room, and unlock the doors.

Arrod Werin
Location: Front section(+1 attack bonus to defender/ +1 armor bonus to defender)

You try to reinforce the barricades. You do your best by stacking crates and such, but you doubt it will have any noticable impact. At least there's plenty of cover, and the crew has got themselves installed neatly. You are however happy to see back up arrive.

Crew:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sai'oda Fresa
Location: Front section(+1 attack bonus to defender/ +1 armor bonus to defender)

You quickly arrive at your allies position, in order to find out that they've build themselves quite a nice fort.  Your three men team has followed you through the maintenance shaft, having found some other crewmember to look after the prisoners. 

Crew: 3 crew following( Delta,epsilon, čta[/i]
Spoiler: Enemy (click to show/hide)

TC Achilles Boarding squadron
Nothing news here.

Spoiler: Local sector (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: JUmp coordinates (click to show/hide)

Enemies
[/spoiler]
Spoiler: Conglomerate Bomber (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lifeguard escape pod (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ship; Godsplitter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lifeguard escape pod (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Missiles (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2012, 07:22:06 am »

Rezavres looked at the large metal door. It actually did not hurt as much as he expected - he had been tortured for far worse pain for much more time - and losing a foot was not especially problematic, especially since it could be fixed.
"Helmswoman, we'll take care of this foot soon after we finish the matters here. And hello Security Chief, we shall also have a talk after I take care of this unfortunate nuisance."

He swaps the channels to the engineering comms.
"Engineer, you and your team should come here. This will not take too long and we need someone to evaluate the damage."

Rezavres takes position by the blastdoor and prepares to ambush the enemies.
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2012, 10:25:10 am »

"That we do, sir." Sai'oda said, her skin turning a shade of vibrant red for a moment.

Action: Join the ambush!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2012, 11:59:48 am »

Raelin held up her rifle and took scope, surveying the doors once more before returning her gaze to her Commander. "Well, I told you it won't hurt. Now, where can we surprise them and make this place look like it took us all out?"

Ambush, too!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2012, 03:49:26 pm »

Head down to the damaged areas with half my crew.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2012, 03:54:26 pm »

Arrod works with the others.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14