Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What shoul sell the Auto Union retail division?

Let's focus in cars, trucks, finished stuff only; be a realtailer!
- 3 (21.4%)
Keep the current inventory mix, it has worked fine til now!
- 3 (21.4%)
Become a tuning car shop, add engines and chip to stores
- 2 (14.3%)
Stay hungry, stay gredish: sell everything that we produce in the whole vehicle chain to keep surplus at minimum
- 6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24

Author Topic: Auto Union: Economy of Scale Community Effort  (Read 32834 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Union: Economy of Scale Community Effort
« Reply #210 on: April 30, 2012, 04:14:58 am »

I'm sure there'll be a line drawn against bots eventually, most games don't allow them for various reasons i won't bother going into.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 30, 2012, 04:17:37 am »

is the bot configurable?

we have some money so we can keep longer stockpiles, like a half day worth, with the bot running just every quarter day?

(I say this just because of what scott said about message spamming)

addendum: it restock a specific store only, or you can give him specific quantities of stuff as well?

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 30, 2012, 09:17:21 am »

I got fired?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 30, 2012, 09:19:40 am »

I got fired?

not that I know, but you're the second one reporting this.

has the seven day contract period expired? I was expecting some kind of notification or something

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 30, 2012, 09:22:52 am »

I got fired?

not that I know, but you're the second one reporting this.

has the seven day contract period expired? I was expecting some kind of notification or something
Ah, that may be it... That's not good, if it just expires without opportunity to expand AND a cost to rehire...

Edit: I was gonna say, I thought I was doing an alright job! Heh

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 30, 2012, 09:26:59 am »

Yeah, looks like I got fired too. I expected some kind of contract renewal thing. Reapplied.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 30, 2012, 09:32:42 am »

all, please wait. I'll be renewing job openings with a 5% daily bonus

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 30, 2012, 09:38:54 am »

all, please wait. I'll be renewing job openings with a 5% daily bonus

ok, I posted what I could.

more job will follow; there is now a hefty price to pay for each opening and we don't have the cash at the ready
"We will charge a non-refundable $1.40 M for each job posting"

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 30, 2012, 09:52:13 am »

[/quote]
*Hot chicken noodle spittake*
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 30, 2012, 09:53:03 am »

Considering how little work i did in the last couple of days i'll just take a step back and save you guys the 1.4 mil :P
Edit: oops double post.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 30, 2012, 10:00:35 am »

more job will follow; there is now a hefty price to pay for each opening and we don't have the cash at the ready

The hell? So the game automatically fires everyone after a few days and then charges you 1.4M to 'renew' the contract? Damn Econosian lawyers.

Hmm.. seeing how the current trend is to run over chickens with cars, maybe I should buy a SUV and run over a few lawyers.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 10:02:57 am by Muz »
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

BallC420

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 30, 2012, 10:34:04 am »

is the bot configurable?

we have some money so we can keep longer stockpiles, like a half day worth, with the bot running just every quarter day?

(I say this just because of what scott said about message spamming)

addendum: it restock a specific store only, or you can give him specific quantities of stuff as well?

Current logic is to query all stores in the firm and restock/reprice any products that are sold by the firm at retail. No specific quantities (since that changes based on market demand) but you can specify how many hours worth of product to stock and it will adjust the quantity automatically based on how many you are actually selling.

BallC420

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 30, 2012, 11:06:47 am »

Guys,

I've turned on retail automation running every 15 minutes so stock problems should be a thing of the past.

It will buy from import or B2B (whichever is a better deal based on Q-adjusted value ratios) and resets prices to Lazy2x price on every tick. Not sure if that's good or bad for the stuff we produce so feel free to suggest an alternate pricing strategy (maybe a minimum multiple of the Q-adjusted value?). It will try to keep 1 hour worth of product in stock for every product so for the vehicles that sell 1 every couple hours, it'll keep 4 around.

FYI, I've changed the automation sales pricing to set to the maximum of 2x cost or 4x Q-adjusted value so we're not just GIVING away the stuff we produce (or find great deals from B2B).

BallC420

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 30, 2012, 11:09:46 am »

Are we going to be selling anything besides cars with this company? If not, let's build out the rest of the retail spaces so we have more options when upgrading instead of taking our 250m^2 stores offline.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 30, 2012, 11:44:28 am »

no, nothing else. suggestion accepted, the third store is building. so next upgrades should reduce our capacity of only the 33%
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24