Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What shoul sell the Auto Union retail division?

Let's focus in cars, trucks, finished stuff only; be a realtailer!
- 3 (21.4%)
Keep the current inventory mix, it has worked fine til now!
- 3 (21.4%)
Become a tuning car shop, add engines and chip to stores
- 2 (14.3%)
Stay hungry, stay gredish: sell everything that we produce in the whole vehicle chain to keep surplus at minimum
- 6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24

Author Topic: Auto Union: Economy of Scale Community Effort  (Read 32857 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Union: Economy of Scale Community Effort
« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2012, 12:21:38 pm »

Seriously, why won't you give me access to R&D?

because this is a group effort, really, I want to give everyone something to play with; it's about roleplayng.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2012, 12:39:58 pm »

Who gets access to R&D?  Only the CEOs and you?

I'm looking at the Sales Manager job you have up and it looks like they don't have access to R&D.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2012, 12:53:55 pm »

the sales manager should - if I messed up the job application of existing SM, please drop a line and I'll fix it (trough firing and reapplication)

ceo and myself are there only to fill the gaps

meanwhile I fixed the openings
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 12:56:26 pm by LoSboccacc »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2012, 12:58:23 pm »

as a notice, to start industrial research we need one million, to start prospector research we need 200k, to search electronic we need 500k

I'll do the math lather for which most impact on final car quality (my guess is the steel that influences seat, wheel, engine and body)

but I'll put it on a poll as usual.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2012, 03:50:02 pm »

B2B for finished cars are stronger than ever

What to do now with that 850k?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2012, 05:21:28 pm »

sine factories were all idling, I queued up what I saw fit:
120 seats, 6 bikes, 2 car bodies.

bikes will be completed in 20mins or so, the other jobs are longer lasting

we've about 440k in cash, but nothing on sale on b2b: put that bikes on sales when they get out!

60/65k is a reasonable price: less than import and enough for them to sell fast, still has a nice 2x margin.

to: sales managers

we can wait a bit, then build an Electronics R&D OR we can build a prospector right now; it's your call.

the electronic factory seems will have a greater effect; there is a huge quantity of reasonably priced Q55 coal and iron to smelt Q33 steel.

to: factory manager

the mine is currently under utilized; we should mine something to sell until we can actually use the products in our own chain; have a look at b2b and guess what would have the bigger margin.

maybe a small well or a small power plant could help, mining uses huge quantity of water and energy, which currently are way overpriced

to: warehouse manager

we currently have short supply of rubber, silicon, artifical leather, plastic, water, and electricity.
have a look at production stat for seats, wheels, chips and circuits and stock a quarter production day worth of stuff (there is a time for each if you click on the factory)

also, help facilitate stuff on b2b and get it back when the store is back online in 4 hours or so. you can see latest sale prices on the purchase history, or use a somewhat higher price to try some lucky shot; please remaind to turn it at a reasonable price before logging of as we need volume right now.

to: CEO's

I'm off ten ours or so for travel, step up and keep everything under control, people can do their job only if other teams let them to (warehouse to factories, factories to retail, warehouse to retail and retail to research)

to: all

sorry for the friendly dictatorial tone  :P it's just that and I see a lack of cooperation between teams, I don't really wan't to admit it but dariush's right in yelling about research stagnating (and partly it's because I'm running out of time so I've to write this in a hurry)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2012, 11:18:02 pm »

Like i said earlier your steel is 27% of the quality of the car (if it's used in engine,seats, wheels and body) But if you already have access to good Iron/coal You might be better researching body which is 25% of the final quality or car which is 205 of final quality. But car and body are the most expencive rsearch i've noticed, my own efforts are going Mostly into steel.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2012, 11:38:54 pm »

We have steel covered for now (Q33), thanks those q55 materials on the market

Car is already Q30, so probably body is our next best choice?

What about the engine?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2012, 11:42:52 pm »

engine itself is 20% of the value, which is important, but 40% of that is steel and only 60% is research, so your engine research only accounts for %12 of the total quality. So engine research is really only half as important as car or body. About as important as steel research really since that accounts for about 40% quality of the steel and 11% of the total quality of the car.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 25, 2012, 12:29:37 am »

Nice, we burnt  a million on that car research and now level 1 is no longer an overpriced unlock

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 25, 2012, 12:32:28 am »

On the bright side you did get those quality 30's which i'll be grinding for a whole week to reach. :p

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 25, 2012, 02:32:45 am »

I've unlocked 3 more millions in loan, one went to research. Take one for industrial expansion (specially the smelter is overworked, but others may benefit, like the smallest car plant) and the other is to found our second retail store

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 25, 2012, 05:01:08 am »

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

since there seems to be quite a bit of unrest over roles and there are some areas that are badly covered by users, I'm hereby reforming roles to better divide and unite responsibilities.

Notice that you're allowed to only one role: if you wan't to hop on the new ones, I'll just fire you from the previous position

The new positions are as follow:
3x Production Manager - manages factory production and research, can buy from b2b & import
3x Sales Manager - manages retail prices, can put items to sale on b2b and export, can buy from b2b & import
2x Construction Manager - build and expand buildings of all the different area

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 25, 2012, 07:16:23 am »

I don't see why we're making our own electronics, there's plenty of them out there just a little more expensive than our manufacturing costs (and we lose a lot of early capital/time on the factories). I'm pretty sure someone in B12 has some electronics megacorp anyway, better to have made contacts in the field.

Let's not work on mines/wells just yet; wait until we have so much quantities out on the market that it's the only way to cut down costs. Let's say you save 4 cents on manufacturing power. You'd still need to use over 2.5M electricity for the investment to be worth it. So it's not a good investment really early on.

We don't even have enough money to take advantage of the economies of scale, so it'll still cost near base price to manufacture.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 25, 2012, 07:19:57 am »

I agree, our real margin comes from our own steel and our own finished cars. Even bodies doesn't drive the price that much at this time

However, the factories had been built. Better use them and sell the sub par part on b2b than let them stagnate.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24