Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What shoul sell the Auto Union retail division?

Let's focus in cars, trucks, finished stuff only; be a realtailer!
- 3 (21.4%)
Keep the current inventory mix, it has worked fine til now!
- 3 (21.4%)
Become a tuning car shop, add engines and chip to stores
- 2 (14.3%)
Stay hungry, stay gredish: sell everything that we produce in the whole vehicle chain to keep surplus at minimum
- 6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24

Author Topic: Auto Union: Economy of Scale Community Effort  (Read 32855 times)

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Union: Economy of Scale Community Effort
« Reply #180 on: April 26, 2012, 06:28:33 pm »

Electricity is a pretty decent side market. I have a 150sqm plant and I can generally make a decent profit from it alone with enough excess to power everything else for ages.

Also, the electricity average is around 9-10 cents, which is a profit of around 1.8 (depending on coal/natural gas costs) per unit. It often peaks at 15c, which is quite good.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 26, 2012, 06:40:42 pm »

Well, they're too easy to get from anyone, you could just strike a B12 deal with anyone around here if you need to get it for a few cents below market price. I'd rather the spot get used for rarer resources, like high Q steel, which we'd need for good cars anyway.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 26, 2012, 06:47:01 pm »

we still have two spot free  :P

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 27, 2012, 12:10:33 am »

My size 10 power plant is still supplying my rather large factories pretty well, i just set it for 24 hours and forget it.
My well however is rather huge and i get it to make gas while its idle for a fairly small profit.
Also i just noticed how much money there is to be made from imports, sure at the price you need to sell things for you can only get rid of maybe 6 a day, but if we aren't producing trucks/vans then it's a good investment...
*fakeedit* huh, i just noticed one of the other sales managers had teh same idea :P
Edit: I've been modifying the sales price for all our cars/etc based on how much we're selling a tick.
Trying to reach a price where our current inventory of each item is selling at a rate that'll take 24 hours to be fully sold.
Just let me know if this is acceptable, I know it's kinda hard to tell with this industry because at this current level you'll sell a car every couple of ticks and they may seem overpriced, but it should maximise profit.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:25:17 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 27, 2012, 12:17:31 pm »

One trick I use is to use imports to anchor the price. Like, I find a something Q15 at $10000 on imports. Sell it for $18000. Then I manufacture my own Q4 something, and sell it at $8500. When someone goes on B2B, it looks like an awesome deal. Even when they later look at imports, it seems reasonable, even though someone wouldn't really want to buy a $8500 low Q something when there's already good stuff on the market.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 27, 2012, 06:05:24 pm »

I can sell my electricity at 0.08 to Union since my plant is huge, which is a bit below market price usually but still makes me a profit, and in turn that means we can get rid of the power plant altogether.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 28, 2012, 03:20:37 am »

we have our own at 0.05 with coal leftowers from steel production  :P

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 28, 2012, 03:23:47 am »

Heh, not sure if you're aware, but there are people on the EoS forum bitching about this company for how successful it's gotten in such a short time :P
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 28, 2012, 03:32:00 am »

I know I know.

they are all up crying but I don't want to get into an agument with them, it's worthless.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 28, 2012, 03:37:36 am »

Out of interest, how did you get such high quality research? :P
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 28, 2012, 03:42:16 am »

because if you have a really nice idea to try some new feature out to the fullest you tend to get noticed

and rewarded  :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 28, 2012, 04:59:32 am »

Hah, fair enough :P

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 28, 2012, 05:48:42 am »

My own Mining company is producing electricity and water at .o4 each, which is nice, but it's a shame the previous ceo somehow ended up with 25million water at .5 cost in the warehouse... wtf? :s
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 28, 2012, 09:36:14 am »

Out of interest, how did you get such high quality research? :P

Strange moods.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 28, 2012, 10:21:36 am »

Hey...can I have a raise?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24