Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: PRAISE ARMOK!!!  (Read 9138 times)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: PRAISE ARMOK!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2012, 09:02:01 pm »

why would you need rain for a farming plot anyway (to return to OP). Either you can farm it or not, since rain won't make muddy stone.

Don't the crops need to be watered?

Nope. Nor do they have to be fertilized

first post is a basic how to for farming
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=67744.0

You only need to irrigate rock; soil will support a farm anyway, and you only need to do it once
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2012, 09:20:50 pm »

I'm pretty sure egyptian mythology, greek mythology and catholic saints will have similar weird things, though maybe not one as weird a combination as sewers and maritial intercourse

Their God rides a Chariot made out of Freakin' Angels.
They had giant locusts and UFOs flying about.
Dinosaurs breath freakin' fire.
Yeah, they've got their fair share of wierd shit.

Lol, for sure.

Interestingly tho, that massive school bus sized prehistoric crocodile had a hollow space in its snout, very similar to spitting snakes. Their theory now is it may have had a gland like the bombadier beetle, blasts of superheated gas and all that.

Oddly, it matches the Biblical description of that fire breather quit nicely (shrugs).

But ya, plenty of crazy stuff going on there, lol.
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Fistbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2012, 09:28:44 pm »

Legit spoilers:
Spoiler: WHAT (click to show/hide)
Praise Armok!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:45:50 pm by Fistbeard »
Goblin ambush party cancels Hunt: Interrupted by 'Pyonta' Godenakum Ngalknazom.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2012, 10:03:56 pm »

Armok isn't the god of dwarves, but rather the dwarves are his favored race. Why? Because they make blood flow and design insanity better than everyone else.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Sadrice

• Bay Watcher
  • Yertle et al
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2012, 10:42:06 pm »

Rtg593:  which giant crocodiloid is this?

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2012, 11:35:48 pm »

I think armok listens to me.

"God I wish my bridge would close at the precise time I need to, (sets lever to pull)"

Bridge doesn't move.

(sets it to pull on repeat)

bridge doesn't move.

As soon as the siege is over, bridge moves..

DAFUq.
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2012, 11:49:37 pm »

Hmmm... http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinosuchus I think it was... Watched a documentary on the theory one very bored late night on netflix back before they screwed me over the third time and I canceled them. Things massive, possibly as large as 40-50 feet long, 4000 lb of force in its bite. Ouch.

Quick wiki search mentioned hollow space in skull, I think it's the one they had in the doc. Can't pull up my history since I, ya know, canned em:p
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2012, 11:53:32 pm »

Hmmm... http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinosuchus I think it was... Watched a documentary on the theory one very bored late night on netflix back before they screwed me over the third time and I canceled them. Things massive, possibly as large as 40-50 feet long, 4000 lb of force in its bite. Ouch.

Quick wiki search mentioned hollow space in skull, I think it's the one they had in the doc. Can't pull up my history since I, ya know, canned em:p

Nice mobile wikipedia.
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2012, 02:15:54 am »

I like to think of armok like krom. krom doesn't have any truck with people who pray to him, he thinks prayer is a sign of weakness and kills those who pray to him, so don't pray to armok. armok will fucking kill you.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2012, 03:46:25 am »

By what criteria would we know we are being helped by Armok?

We don't even know what Armok is.

Every pool of blood, every fallen Dwarf could just be calling to our plans gone right.

And especially our plans gone wrong.

But are these outcomes to blame on us, or it?

But ya, plenty of crazy stuff going on there, lol.

The bible ripped a lot straight out of classical mythology :(

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2012, 04:49:02 am »

And the weirder stuff got edited out at some point. Read the bible and look at it critically and you have to wonder how much weirder it could get.
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2012, 06:43:00 am »

Oh my,

Just read the apochryphal books. Enok being a real treat, just packed with WTF, what is this, I don't even.

Especially the second half.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2012, 07:07:44 am »

I see, and has always seen, Armok as an avatar of Khorne.

As such, I build temples full of skulls and blood and brass thrones to honor him, and I shed blood in his mighty name.

Armok isn't an Abrahamic faith god, he's not a jolly nice old grampa that will send you rain. He is a god of bloodshed, war and violence.

I see Armok in the form of a colossal, four-armed dwarf whose body is made of burning-hot iron, beard is made of fire, blood is made of magma, eyes are made of red gems, and he towers above the mountains. Where he walks, the grass burns. He wears a shield in one hand, a hammer in another, a pick in his third hand and a battle axe in his fourth hand. . As such, Armok is the pinnacle of dwarven-ness.

Basically, he's a grim, battle-loving giant badass that is best worshipped by conflict. Anger not Armok, because wrath is his only emotion and it is terrible to behold.

Killing stuff in slightly overblown death traps amuses him, and he does enjoy bloodless conflict, but what he relishes most is bloodshed. And Armok cares not from where the blood flows, only that it does.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2012, 07:14:07 am »

As such, I build temples full of skulls and blood and brass thrones to honor him, and I shed blood in his mighty name.

Armok isn't an Abrahamic faith god, he's not a jolly nice old grampa that will send you rain. He is a god of bloodshed, war and violence.

I see Armok in the form of a colossal, four-armed dwarf whose body is made of burning-hot iron, beard is made of fire, blood is made of magma, eyes are made of red gems, and he towers above the mountains. Where he walks, the grass burns. He wears a shield in one hand, a hammer in another, a pick in his third hand and a battle axe in his fourth hand. . As such, Armok is the pinnacle of dwarven-ness.

Basically, he's a grim, battle-loving giant badass that is best worshipped by conflict. Anger not Armok, because wrath is his only emotion and it is terrible to behold.

Killing stuff in slightly overblown death traps amuses him, and he does enjoy bloodless conflict, but what he relishes most is bloodshed. And Armok cares not from where the blood flows, only that it does.

Yeah, I just wish you could decorate halls with skull totems, make bone statues and such. Bone is a bit limited yet for tributes to armok.

And you really need to read the old testament. The Abrahamic god was not nice. He was more like "kill everyone who doesn't believe in me and make their women your slaves. Those who disobey me will be struck by lightning/turned to stone/drown/struck by plague/burn. Everyone who worships anything but me has to suffer."

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2012, 07:16:58 am »

Yeah, I just wish you could decorate halls with skull totems, make bone statues and such. Bone is a bit limited yet for tributes to armok.

And you really need to read the old testament. The Abrahamic god was not nice. He was more like "kill everyone who doesn't believe in me and make their women your slaves. Those who disobey me will be struck by lightning/turned to stone/drown/struck by plague/burn. Everyone who worships anything but me has to suffer."

Fair enough, I thought of the new testament anyways. But yes, the old testament god was... morally ambiguous.

And decorating halls with skull totems ? Stockpiles, man.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4