Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: current happenings with my duchess....  (Read 2701 times)

AfroScotsDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • AfroScotsDwarf, the scotish cyclops with a thirst
    • View Profile
current happenings with my duchess....
« on: April 22, 2012, 06:16:54 pm »

As nobels go, mines pretty strange

she has a bleeding massive obsession with greaves. litterally, her last 10 mandates and restrictions have been greave-related. make 3 lots of greaves, exports of greaves are banned. as ive managed to emark somewhere with flux AND metal ores, im trying to make steel as much as possible. waste of steel if its just going on greaves all the time.....

is this a bug? its pretty annoying to try and keep her happy, as my armoursmith seems like he doesnt give a damn about my orders.......
"i would rather consume nutrition which has become FUKIN MAED GON HOT BY DA FIRE." Edward on hot food
 ಠ_ೃ

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: current happenings with my duchess....
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 06:19:49 pm »

A waste?

Greaves?

If anything, your noble is wasting spending her mandates well.

AfroScotsDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 06:52:36 pm »

update.....
 had 2 seiges within 2 seasons. first included 20 cave dragons. my squad of 8 marksdwarves sorted those out pretty well. then  a human caravan came after that seige left, and as i was letting them in, another seige came. my dorfs decided draogn meat was too tastey to pass up, and let the second seige in. im down to 70 dorfs from 140. hmmmm. being drunk helps, i guess.

i have 1 squad using metal armour, and since i had enough in the first place i didnt think spending more iron ore on steel atm would be a good thing. i like making things when they are needed.

edit: pretty sure that most of my dorfs are going to tantrum unless they see a nice stool or door soon :/
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 06:54:59 pm by AfroScotsDwarf »
"i would rather consume nutrition which has become FUKIN MAED GON HOT BY DA FIRE." Edward on hot food
 ಠ_ೃ

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 09:59:46 pm »

Heh maby she has an aversion to dwarven nudity so she wants metal pants for EVERYONE.  :P

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 11:33:04 pm »

She likes nipples.
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

Aviator CJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 12:10:21 am »

A waste?

Greaves?

If anything, your noble is wasting spending her mandates well.

Exactly. Consider yourself lucky, my King has a thing for traction benches, I now have like 40 extra ones beyond the ones in the hospital.
!!Science!!: Knowledge through magma

There's safe. Then there's unsafe. And then there's the average dwarf fort, which remains unrated because the OSHA inspector flatly refused to go anywhere within a dozen miles of the place.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 12:12:38 am »

My baron loves pots. I am in love with my baron.

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 01:42:39 am »

Heh maby she has an aversion to dwarven nudity so she wants metal pants for EVERYONE.  :P

Incorrect; she merely has a normal and healthy fascination with heavy metallic bondage equipment.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 02:25:08 am »

My noble has mandates on gems. Which means I instantly lost the main tradesource I use with elves. Hes going to have an accident very soon.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Rbrx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 02:33:05 am »

My king wants querns....querns and bucklers.

I wish I could have something military related, although at least my duke wants bins.
At least when he's not screaming for more scepters.

AfroScotsDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 03:34:22 am »

usually i just lock them in their studies. my dwarves are usually too happy to give a damn
 ಠ_ೃ

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 04:03:01 am »

My baron loves pots. I am in love with my baron.
I had a duke once who loved crossbows, and a mayor who loved quivers. Very nice combination when put together with my natural butchering industry to produce bone/leather. It was all great until the day I forgot to turn the burrow setting on before ordering the main gates closed and accidentally atom-smashed both of them along with my head doctor. Luckily the fort ended in fire and blood from a magma related failure only a season or so after that, so I never had to deal with any new mandates.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 08:55:45 am »

The current version of the game lets you pick who becomes baron.  If you end up with a baron with impossible or inconvenient mandates, you have nobody but yourself to blame.

The baron of my last long-running fort loved pig tail cloth and bags.  This was not by accident.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 09:29:41 am »

The current version of the game lets you pick who becomes baron.  If you end up with a baron with impossible or inconvenient mandates, you have nobody but yourself to blame.

The baron of my last long-running fort loved pig tail cloth and bags.  This was not by accident.
Yeah you can pick who becomes baron, if you picked the wrong dude then the guy who's the best mayor will be elected a new baron iirc.

You don't get much of a choice with barons.