Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Skidding? Oh.. there will be ‼Science‼ with this..  (Read 1166 times)

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
Dwarf Skidding? Oh.. there will be ‼Science‼ with this..
« on: April 22, 2012, 05:41:18 pm »

Title says it all.  Things that will need to be tested will include:

1 - What's the maximum possible speed a dwarf can go, surviving or not?
2 - What's the maximum speed a dwarf can 'survive' a skid?
3 - Can a dwarf, who's skidding, collide with other dwarves, or other animals, and thus create Dwarven Bowling?
4 - What happens if two dwarves, skidding in opposite directions, collide? (If collision is possible?)
5 - How can I get this to benefit the fortress, or at least help get Dr. Logem Legendary in all Medical Skills?
6 - Flaming, Skidding, Dwarves? /Do want
7 - Is it possible to make Kittens/Small Animals skid and have them hit Goblins? Thus weaponizing kittens/small animals?

Any other ideas?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 06:03:35 pm by Crustypeanut »
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Dwarf Skidding? Oh.. there will be ‼Science‼ with this..
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 05:48:20 pm »

3. Apparently
4. First thesis: The minecarts will both stop.
5. YES.
7. Dwarf and Goblin are interchangeable in context.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 05:54:45 pm »

8. Given the likely random selection of body parts to skid on, what's the most twister-like pose the dwarf can be in?

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 06:00:14 pm »

8. Given the likely random selection of body parts to skid on, what's the most twister-like pose the dwarf can be in?

This is an engraving of Urist McWalksontherails the dwarf. Urist is being run over by a minecart, Urist's head is stuck in his anus. The artwork relates to the "Fun experiment of fun" conducted in Trainstation in 254.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 06:01:10 pm »

This is an engraving of Urist McWalksontherails the dwarf. Urist is being run over by a minecart, Urist's head is stuck in his anus. The artwork relates to the "Fun experiment of fun" conducted in Trainstation in 254.

Someone get a elf, I wanna see suffering.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 06:04:16 pm »

2) My guess would be that whether or not a skid is fatal will depend largely on the RNG's decision for which body parts the dwarf skids on. Obviously skidding on your head is going to be much more fatal then on another body part. Also my second guess based on Toady's words are that the speed at which you skid has a larger effect on the number of times you skid then on the damage done by each individual skid.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.