Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Embarking in Haunted Areas  (Read 5843 times)

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Embarking in Haunted Areas
« on: April 22, 2012, 04:44:30 pm »

Advice on what to bring how to set up dwarves in a haunted area, for maximum !!FUN!! and fun; and not dying within two minutes due to attacks by who knows what?

Bored of serene, calm, wilderness. Looking for something exciting, also what does a temperature of "hot" do? If anything.

EDIT: Should I choose the nearest civilization to come from, the largest? Does that help/affect anything?

EDIT EDIT: Final Question before embark, advice on getting a hospital set up ASAP.

In medium and low evil/savagery worlds, it's almost the last thing I do, what about evil?

EDIT EDIT EDIT: This thread is now about elven strippers and naked werebeasts... see page 2
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 06:36:27 pm by Urist McBeanie »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Embarking in Haunted Areas
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 04:46:38 pm »

Bring a single animal, like a war-horse or something, That takes care of nasties with his WAR-HAMMAH!

40 blocks of anything, set everyone to mason/carpenter to build a wall around, then a roof.

Have two dwarves be doctors as well as whatever else they are.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 04:47:49 pm »

2/3x proficient marksdwarves + 2x crossbows + A nice supply of copper bolts

OR

2/3x proficient hammerdwarves + 2x copper warhammers

Default booze+ Food
-
All of the plump helmets (replace with seeds)

2x copper picks
copper bars
lots of logs
3 fire safe boulders
No animals
Anything else that you need for your playstyle

Bring a single animal, like a war-horse or something, That takes care of nasties with his WAR-HAMMAH!

He said he didn't want to die within two minutes of embarking

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 04:48:34 pm »

40 blocks of anything, set everyone to mason/carpenter to build a wall around, then a roof.

Stupid question, but how do you build a roof? Haven't succeeded in the past.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 04:50:05 pm by Urist McBeanie »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 04:50:23 pm »

Stupid question, but how do you build a roof? Had trouble trying to in the past.

Build a wall normally, but instead of wall, put for "Up down stair" in the constructions menu.

If you use natural walls,

B<C<X

Same as carving, but instead of down you build one above it.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 04:51:44 pm »

Blocks are too expensive. Just use logs/rock boulders if you want to build a roof.

(b) (c) (u), then above that up stair place a down/up|down stair. Build floors across wherever you want to cover. Or a bridge I guess, if you want to conserve materials.

Ninja

Although you'll just want to dig down ASAP unless you're very familiar with intense military micromanage

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 04:53:45 pm »

Blocks are too expensive. Just use logs/rock boulders if you want to build a roof.

(b) (c) (u), then above that up stair place a down/up|down stair. Build floors across wherever you want to cover. Or a bridge I guess, if you want to conserve materials.

Ninja

Although you'll just want to dig down ASAP unless you're very familiar with intense military micromanage
....U?

I need to pay more attention to building. Im starting to forget vital-hotkeys.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 04:54:23 pm »

Should I choose the nearest civilization to come from, the largest? Does that help/affect anything?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 04:56:22 pm by Urist McBeanie »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 04:57:08 pm »

You-may get more soldier-migrants, if there large there bound to have some wars.

If your tiny, your gonna get nothing but soldiers if they have been in war.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 04:58:10 pm »

....U?

I need to pay more attention to building. Im starting to forget vital-hotkeys.
u = up stair
x = up/down stair

Neither of us were wrong

Should I choose the nearest civilization to come from, the largest? Does that help/affect anything?

Choose the largest. Some civs can be too small to send migrants. Also higher chance for your civ to send you war veterans.

!!!

NINJA KOBOLD

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 05:03:48 pm »

Final Question before embark, advice on getting a hospital set up ASAP.

In medium and low evil/savagery worlds, it's almost the last thing I do, what about evil?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 05:08:58 pm »

If someone gets so hurt they need a hospital, atom-smash. If they kick the bucket they will kill everyone in the hospital. Then they kill healthy....and on and on.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 05:10:08 pm »

If someone gets so hurt they need a hospital, atom-smash. If they kick the bucket they will kill everyone in the hospital. Then they kill healthy....and on and on.
Lol, got it. Thanks for the assistance. SO much better than most forums.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 05:10:35 pm »

A hospital in an evil biome is pretty much exactly the same as a hospital in a normal biome. It will take some time to build a proper one, but if you can secure some water, bring a rope (or the materials to make rope, so bring lots of pig tail seeds), bring some logs, dig out a small room and place down your beds/traction benches you should do fine. Then all you have to do is set up some coffers and cabinets, reserve some cloth, thread and splints/crutches, and it'll be done. Expand as needed.

Oh, and guard your hospital. Dead patients may sometimes decide they don't want to be dead anymore.

^^^^
My early hospital on the right, built under the first year and directly on the left is one of my barracks.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012, 05:28:26 pm »

You have arrived! After a long journey from the Mountainhomes into the forbidding wilderness beyond, your harsh trek has finally ended. Your party of seven, "The Problematic Tomb," is to make an out post for the glory of all of Zirildumed.
There are almost no supplies left, but with stout labor comes sustenance whether by bolt, plow, or hook, provide for your dwarves. You are expecting a supply caravan just before winter entombs you, but it is Spring now. Enough time to delve secure lodgings.
A new chapter of dwarven history begins here at this place, Innokagak, "Creepyanus". Strike the Earth!
Pages: [1] 2 3