Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: (3.5) The Arena: Dragon's Lair  (Read 12213 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: (3.5) The Arena: Dragon's Lair
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 06:36:09 pm »

I'll see if I have time if it's still i signups with Paradise starts. I don't know how time-consuming this will be.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 06:37:29 pm »

Hey, even all the players are related too! xD

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2012, 06:41:57 pm »

Yay, four potential players!

I'll see if I have time if it's still i signups with Paradise starts. I don't know how time-consuming this will be.
I haven't planned when this will take place, so the time and date are still amorphous. Hopefully we'll be able to get a time when everyone is available.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2012, 06:44:22 pm »

What time?

If it's PbP, we can just post every day or so. I think.

Also, can I be Nieve here too? xD

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 07:30:35 pm »

I was hoping for a Human Swashbuckler 3/Rogue 1/Fighter 1, but I can't because the Wizards saw that one coming. I think I'll try something else and just post what I would need later. It'll be easier than requesting things as I build.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:11:27 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2012, 08:42:58 pm »

Also, can I be Nieve here too? xD
Sorry, Nieve is one level too high (even after I said 'sure, level 6 is fine'). Which reminds me, I forgot to change that in the OP.

I think I'll try something else and just post what I would need later. It'll be easier than requesting things as I build.
Fine with me. Out of curiosity, what precludes a Swashbuckling Roguish Fighter?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2012, 08:47:28 pm »

I could have a pure succubus as my race. It doesn't affect me much, except that I'll have to spam Suggestion as my only trick until I gain a level. :\

But yeah, I think I'm sticking with Screwtape the Stronghearted Halfling for now.

On second thought, Screwtape doesn't seem to be powerful enough to merit himself... Maybe I'll go with a 0th level succubus >.> Or maybe think of another character...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:55:33 pm by Skyrunner »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 08:57:44 pm »

That should be !!FUN!!. Actually, spamming suggestion could be a valid tactic. Suggest to the other players that they should check around that corner over there to make sure that there's no dragon there... *cough*meatshield*cough*

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2012, 08:58:21 pm »

So...can I be a 0th level succubus? xD

*sigh* Why am I so devoid of character ideas? I mean, I already did that one in another Arena game ...

EDIT : Can I buy scrolls for my wizard, and assume I wrote them in my spellbook?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:04:19 pm by Skyrunner »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2012, 09:32:41 pm »

EDIT : Can I buy scrolls for my wizard, and assume I wrote them in my spellbook?
I suppose, but you'll need to have paid both the cost of the scroll and the scribing cost.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2012, 09:33:07 pm »

Fine with me. Out of curiosity, what precludes a Swashbuckling Roguish Fighter?

Daring Outlaw and Daring Warrior looked like a fun combo until I looked into how you get it all. Fighter/Swashbuckler is still a fun idea, but I need to think about what I can spend feats on before I make up my mind. Who knows, I might even look into monster classes if I'm going the melee route.

How about a Blue Dragon? I'd be taking it as a straight monster class with no multiclassing.

EDIT: lol. A dragon in the dragon's lair...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:35:57 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2012, 09:42:52 pm »

Oh, right, scribing costs.

Sigh. Maybe I'll be a monster too.

... And I have the perfect spell for the dragon too.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2012, 09:52:47 pm »

I suppose, but you'll need to have paid both the cost of the scroll and the scribing cost.

Skyrunner, do you mind if I do this for Paradise? I'll include the scribing costs, of course.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2012, 09:54:48 pm »

Zombie invasion? I will go with a Radiant Cleric of Pelor.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2012, 10:04:50 pm »

Zombie invasion? I will go with a Radiant Cleric of Pelor.

Wrong thread, Az.

Skyrunner, do you mind if I do this for Paradise? I'll include the scribing costs, of course.
Go ahead.

I think I'll make another Succubus, and this time go for a bard route, instead of sorc as Nieve. Is that OK with Araph?

Also, can I take the Outsider Naturalization feat for free?(All it does is my subtype is changed from Extraplanar to Native, preventing me from being Banished, Dismissed or other unsavory things.)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6