Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: (3.5) The Arena: Dragon's Lair  (Read 12188 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: (3.5) The Arena: Dragon's Lair
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2012, 06:03:20 pm »

Wyvern is okay because why not.

I think I'll make another Succubus, and this time go for a bard route, instead of sorc as Nieve. Is that OK with Araph?

Also, can I take the Outsider Naturalization feat for free?(All it does is my subtype is changed from Extraplanar to Native, preventing me from being Banished, Dismissed or other unsavory things.)
Go the bard route? How? You don't have any levels to spend after LA. The feat is okay, though.

Why of course by leveling up, Araph. :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2012, 06:36:20 pm »

Wyvern is okay because why not.

I think I'll make another Succubus, and this time go for a bard route, instead of sorc as Nieve. Is that OK with Araph?

Also, can I take the Outsider Naturalization feat for free?(All it does is my subtype is changed from Extraplanar to Native, preventing me from being Banished, Dismissed or other unsavory things.)
Go the bard route? How? You don't have any levels to spend after LA. The feat is okay, though.

Why of course by leveling up, Araph. :P

Well, that explains that.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2012, 06:38:35 pm »

...You are planning on letting us level,...right?

Also, when will we start? :3

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2012, 09:09:24 pm »

Just a few things-

One, a request for Araph: will you let me use weapon finesse on Kukri, or should I just use daggers? I'm planning on dual-wielding one of the two.

Second, another question for Araph: does the feat "throat punch", from Complete Scoundrel (pg 82), work on Succubi, and would you let me take it without improved unarmed strike? (I can take improved unarmed strike, it's just a matter of which feats I take)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2012, 09:17:27 pm »

... Why are you trying to prepare to killdisable me? o_o

But I'd say it works fine on demons (they have a neck, especially when in humanoid form). Not that I'm the DM. <.<

Here's the text:
Throat Punch [Am bush]
By making a precise punch to the throat, you can render
a target unable to speak effectively.
Prerequisite: Improved Unarmed Strike, sneak attack
+3d6.
Benefit: Your successful sneak attack delivered with an
unarmed strike temporarily hinders the target’s ability to
speak. For the next 3 rounds, the target takes a –5 penalty
on any skill check requiring speech and has a 50% chance
of failure when casting a spell with a verbal component or
activating a magic item with a command word. Multiple uses
of this feat don’t increase the duration beyond 3 rounds.
Using this feat reduces your sneak attack damage by
2d6.
Special: You must be able to reach your foe’s neck to
use this feat.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2012, 09:21:00 pm »

... Why are you trying to prepare to killdisable me? o_o

Suggestion at will with a DC that I have to roll a 20 on to save against. It would be helpful not to have to deal with that.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2012, 09:23:43 pm »

:\

Question one : how would you identify <insert character name here> as a succubus?
Question two : even if you did, how would you justify throat-punching said succubus if she has been quite helpful and un-chaotic-evil-like 'til then?
Question three : Why would you even suspect that <icnh> is a succubus? o_o
Question four : Meta-game-wise, why would I do that?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2012, 09:31:32 pm »

Question one : how would you identify <insert character name here> as a succubus?
Question two : even if you did, how would you justify throat-punching said succubus if she has been quite helpful and un-chaotic-evil-like 'til then?

Yeah, I know I'm metagaming a bit here. I was just going off of Nieve, honestly, and I may not take the feat anyways, as I have better uses for the feat slot. And yes, alliances are welcome. I can see you not doing that exactly so that you don't have to deal with an enemy, and instead have them as an ally, for however long is needed. Honestly, the question was more of a "could I do this?" wondering anyways.

And yes, you're right, I probably couldn't tell that a random person was a succubus unless I had some sort of spell. I did kind of forget that...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2012, 09:35:26 pm »

Yeah, an unarmed sneak attack punch that has a 50% chance of making verbal spells fail has rather limited use >.>

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2012, 10:55:26 pm »

I'm assuming that the starting gold is 9000, going off of WBL.

Also Araph, is weapon finesse for kukri fine?

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2012, 11:07:40 pm »

Yeah, I know I'm metagaming a bit here. I was just going off of Nieve, honestly, and I may not take the feat anyways, as I have better uses for the feat slot. And yes, alliances are welcome. I can see you not doing that exactly so that you don't have to deal with an enemy, and instead have them as an ally, for however long is needed. Honestly, the question was more of a "could I do this?" wondering anyways.

And yes, you're right, I probably couldn't tell that a random person was a succubus unless I had some sort of spell. I did kind of forget that...

You can identify any outsider if you have enough ranks in knowledge (the planes).

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2012, 11:10:02 pm »

Not when they've assumed a human guise. Shapeshifting much? O_o It's kinda the whole point.

EDIT: As long as others aren't suspicious, I can keep up the disguise w/o opposing Spot checks. The +10 to Disguise, and -2 for being a different race should cover it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 11:18:36 pm by Skyrunner »

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2012, 01:01:39 am »

Not when they've assumed a human guise. Shapeshifting much? O_o It's kinda the whole point.

EDIT: As long as others aren't suspicious, I can keep up the disguise w/o opposing Spot checks. The +10 to Disguise, and -2 for being a different race should cover it.

Alternatively, he may recognize you instantly if using Truesight for any other purpose. Also, everyone knows that it is the Lawful Stupid characters' duty to smite evil, no matter how or where. As long as your alignment is Evil, all Lawful Good characters can justify bringing divine justice upon you, specially so paladins, who could become fighters without bonus feats merely be associating with you.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 01:04:56 am by Azthor »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2012, 05:30:04 am »

Paladins don't get Truesight o_o... So if a wizard (at like lv11) says I'm a succubus, I suppose I could use Suggestion or something else to 'convince' everyone and or the wizard that he's seeing things.

The paladin code as it is is rather stupid, imo. It encourages more of the slashslashslash kill all evil durdur than the more sensible ability to attempt to convert evil. Or like Skyrim's dragon: (paraphrase)'Is it better if one is born good or expends great effort to be good?'

Paladin: Ur evil die! Slash! Slash! Slash!

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2012, 09:39:33 am »

Paladins don't get Truesight o_o... So if a wizard (at like lv11) says I'm a succubus, I suppose I could use Suggestion or something else to 'convince' everyone and or the wizard that he's seeing things.

The paladin code as it is is rather stupid, imo. It encourages more of the slashslashslash kill all evil durdur than the more sensible ability to attempt to convert evil. Or like Skyrim's dragon: (paraphrase)'Is it better if one is born good or expends great effort to be good?'

Paladin: Ur evil die! Slash! Slash! Slash!

I thought he was going to be a cleric; clerics get Truesight as a 5th level spell, as opposed to 6th for arcane casters. Also, being a WIS based casteri, he'd stand solid chance of succeeding at the Will save.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6