Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Their Coming Is At Hand - an Eldritch Horror RTD (Turn 10! Spots open!)  (Read 33603 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand - an Eldritch Horror RTD (Turn 8! Spots open!)
« Reply #180 on: July 02, 2012, 03:05:14 am »

"We need to hurry, we both have a city to protect, and I have a sister to avenge" let them drive the car to the artefact and try to rest up before the inevitable battle
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 02, 2012, 04:04:43 am »

((Jesus, Talarion, I obviously wasn't kidding when I said you could be unstable. Oh, you'll like this plot.))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 02, 2012, 09:50:08 am »

(( Need I quote the large part of my character's description stating 'Mentally Unstable'? :P ))
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 03, 2012, 07:59:47 pm »

Ignore the mindless survivors, and look for those that are still sane, or semi-sane, if I find any help them escape

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 07, 2012, 10:04:35 am »

Alex nods to Theo, "Right, I don't like the idea of leaving while innocents are in danger but we can't help anyone agianst that thing alone. I vote for leaving but coming back with help."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 10, 2012, 05:32:05 pm »

That everyone?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 10, 2012, 07:37:29 pm »

Yep, I do believe so. He's probably working on an update ^^ Digital prefers Quality over Quantity, so he can take his time.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 11, 2012, 03:57:44 am »

Well, I consider myself more lazy than anything, but that sounds about right. I always feel terrible if I consider an update rushed or uninspired.

But I have started writing the update already, and intend to finish it today, so you're right there.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 11, 2012, 10:13:26 am »

Yay! :D
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 12, 2012, 09:10:31 am »

Sorry for the delay, I did manage 64% of the turn yesterday, but irc chat distracted me. Blame Terenos, damnit.

---

Turn 9

Calla
"We need to hurry, we both have a city to protect, and I have a sister to avenge" let them drive the car to the artefact and try to rest up before the inevitable battle

'Agreed. I have questions... a lot of them, and so will my superiors, but that has to wait,' the lieutenant says. 'I'm Lieutenant Ribeiro, and, uhh, you already... told me your name.'

[5] The guns in the hills above you - you think there's two or three batteries, old coastal defenses - speak again, and you see explosions ripple open the water surface in the distance. No black carapace catches your sight this time, but you know it's there. Ribeiro sees your worry and speeds up. You pass several barricades of anxious, confused soldiers with a few words by the lieutenant, cementing your faith in choosing to do it this way.

A blanket of black storm clouds approaches fast from the ocean, probably the same storm that struck just before Gaugathun surfaced - you wonder if it's connected to the creatures themselves, and if you could do the same.

'Are you going to hold on for now? I'll get medical aid for you in the upper base,' he soon asks as you make your way up the hillside. Before you can answer, he curses softly and continues; 'Hang on... that's the colonel. He'll want to know why I'm not at my station. Do you, uhh, want to do what you did with us?'

[3] The jeep draws to a halt just past the next barricade, and a thick-set, immensely muscled man in army fatigues peers in. The lowest artillery battery is some distance behind him in a fortified emplacement, the guns silent for now.

'Lieutenant? What the hell are you doing up here? Who is this?'

Up ahead, you see the church - three levels of streets up.

'Sir, I, uhh...' the lieutenant says, looking at you pleadingly. He obviously didn't bother inventing any sort of cover story, but given the rush, you're not surprised.

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Alex Vondgas
Alex nods to Theo, "Right, I don't like the idea of leaving while innocents are in danger but we can't help anyone agianst that thing alone. I vote for leaving but coming back with help."

Theo says nothing, keeping his eyes on the road. Lucia murmurs in agreement with you - the first real sign of her having any idea of what's happening since everything went to shit.

There's not much traffic, [4] though there's an unusual amount of police cars present and just before you reach the airport a convoy of military vehicles passes you towards the coast. Fortunately, the way is completely devoid of roadblocks or obstacles of any sort.

[6] The way to the private terminals is full of cars, but that's no problem for Theo. He hits the brakes, stops the car, and gets everyone out. Without pausing for a second, he wades between the cars, with the rest of you in tow. The sight of determined men with guns silences anyone with a problem. Nobody stops you as you make your way through locked gates - you smash them in - into the hall where the Foundation private jet is trapped. Rodriguez steps down the ramp and comes to meet you.

'More bad news,' he says. 'They've got a modicum of control over the air traffic by now. They won't be able to stop us from leaving, but we could make sure nothing comes after us if we clear out the control tower. I doubt there's any need, though, and it would slow us down. They've got their hands full.'

[3][1][2] Your regeneration has been slow, but the damage to your head is looking much better already.

---

Spoiler: mcclay (click to show/hide)

Turiel
Turiel angled the throttle to adjust the fighter to the landing area. "Yes, Command. Is there a reason you did not tell me earlier about all these - the pictures and such. They are very familiar, I have to restate. Is there also a reason on why Moscow did not want others to engage on this, even if this threat was to the general populace?

Next is, why scramble only three fighters to assess this threat? Would the public know about this presence? It had destroyed forests and plains, valleys and villages. Surely even a cover-story won't work here.

In short. What just happened?"

Ask Command.

Able to multitask effectively, you listen to Command's reply while touching down. There is whispered conversation on the channel before you're answered.

[4] 'You must understand, Operative, that things have changed enormously just now,' the voice says. 'It was seen best not to reveal the entirety of our knowledge to the government. As a result, I fear military response will be sorely lacking for quite some time yet. That is not to say we knew this would happen - and we are still not sure if this was an isolated event, or part of something bigger.'

There's a long pause after the last bit, perhaps for dramatic effect. Some of your handlers in the Projekt are prone to melodrama. Knowing this helps little.

'We had scheduled a briefing on these matters for next month - it was felt you needed time to familiarize yourself with the vehicle beforehand. Again, our information is sorely lacking. The Projekt's foremost goal is evacuation of the planet, if matters come to that.'

You wonder for the purpose of the fighters, then. Pressure from Moscow for something practical, perhaps... or a test model for something to function beyond Earth atmosphere.

'As you said, this is beyond 'covering up'. We had planned for a gradual, controlled... reveal. The effect this may have on the human psyche could be...' he trails off. 'Please stand by, Operative, we are receiving additional data...'

There's a sharp intake of breath. You use the time to draw your plane to a halt and turn off all the needed components. 'You... you better come inside. We've confirmed several identical or similar attacks all over the world,' the handler says, and adds, to someone else; 'This surpasses even our worst-case scenario, general. Preliminary reports show both type ones and twos, including several unidentified forms. You have the documents there, sir. And... we're getting live image data from Danzig, sir, hang on.'

You don't hear any possible clarification, because you've stepped out of the KOSCHEI and onto the tarmac. Mechanics and repair crews swarm you and the plane, unusually silent. Someone heads in to take it to the launch tunnel - you feel a pang of concern over someone untrained touching your plane.

Several other operatives are waiting for you at the doors to the facility - Katya and Devdan, who are 'hybrids' like you - you have a terrible suspicion of the real meaning of the word from today - as well as Cihet, a silent, elderly man claiming his powers are gifts from God, though according to the Projekt overseer he's a remnant of a morally dubious experiment in the Caucasus in the 70's, and three Russians drawn from the military and intelligence services. The last of them have undergone training from hell compared to the rest of you, but are practically always in a good mood. You wonder how they do it.

[2] 'We caught some of that on the perimeter cameras,' Katya says as you approach. You have trouble parsing her thick accent. Your grasp of Russian is rudimentary enough as it is. 'I can't believe you brought that thing down. If I'd been there, I'd have pissed myself and run straight back home. I'm not kidding.'

'What's going on, Turiel?' Devdan asks directly, sounding worried. 'We've been told to get to the control center, but nothing else. What was that thing?'

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Alexei Zielkov
"Well...the Doctor is inside."

Examine the man's behavior and body language.

The older supersoldier, Glazunov, gives a forced smile. 'Alright. I suppose you've dealt with the cult here, then? Excellent work, agent.'

[3] Maybe you're not at your best right now, but you can't really tell much on him. His whole appearance and way of speaking seem forced, nervous, like he was waiting for something. A moment passes in awkward silence. Even Rotov seems more confused than fearful of the giant.

Glazunov coughs. 'Shall we get going then? The locals can mop any loose ends up.'

[4] Right at that moment, your radio begins buzzing. You bring it to your ear, but can't make out anything except static. If your call to the Society was jammed, whatever's causing could still be on. This is the team's private channel, though, so it's probably from the agents in the altar chamber.

Combatants (Altar Chamber)
Spoiler: Friendlies (click to show/hide)

Combatants (Entrance)

---

Spoiler: Caellath (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC Watchman (click to show/hide)

Alfonz Wulfric
Ignore the mindless survivors, and look for those that are still sane, or semi-sane, if I find any help them escape

With only a moment's hesitation, you turn your back on the monsters and wade into the flooded terminal, keeping your eyes open for anyone with even a fragment of sanity yet. Some of these people seem more afflicted than others. You suppose their minds were more resistant or stable than the others. They're still no good for you, unresponsive to anything you do. Wading through the dirty water is difficult enough without some of the more affected ones throwing themselves at you or blocking your path - you throw them quickly aside. Behind you, at the doorway, the first of the mutation forms enter and begin cutting down the madmen without much resistance - [4] though you notice they take several alive and begin dragging them back towards the vast lifeform entrenched at the end of the runway.

[1] Pushing through a shortcircuited security post, you step on someone under the water's surface. [5][Dodge:5] You sense movement and leap off him just in time to avoid a swinging baton - not that there was any chance of it really harming you. As you watch, the man - a security guard - rises back to the surface and levels a compact pistol at you. A wild grin bisects his face. He says nothing, breathing heavily. [2] Fumbling with his weapon, the poor man drops it to the floor again underneath the water. The grin dies down. He looks down like a sullen child.

You don't have time to waste - you hear another scream, hoping it is someone still in charge of their mental faculties. [3] You rush forward, navigating into a hall of empty storefronts and broken terminals. There's less water, here, thankfully - the other face of the building took most of the blow. Still, there more than enough bodies drifting amongst the rubble for you. You scan for the source of the sound - unsure if you're in the right place - and any survivors.

[5] There's a splash of water from your right, and you turn to see two security guards running towards you with their hands held up. Behind them comes a third, carrying an elderly man by the arm. The first guard stops in his tracks when he sees your makeshift spear, frowning. You spread your arms to show you mean no harm.

[1] The second begins to shout something, but is cut short by the glass window in the ceiling crashing inwards with explosive force under the weight of two tonnes of sinous flesh and hardened carapace and a predator's mind. Carried on by two large wings, the flier mutation form descends into the hall with a rain of glass and a bloodchilling screech.

[2] The guards run and scatter, but the nearest one is too slow. [Dodge:3] A spinning shard of glass slams into his [BP:6][Damage:5-3+3=5] leg with enough force to topple him over. He goes down with a roar of pain, blood gushing out of the wound. [Dodge:5] You have better luck, hitting the ground to avoid the barrage.

'What the fuck?' is the first thing you hear from the guards to your right, followed quickly by a strained; 'Run! We'll hold it off!'

[5-1-1=3][Dodge:2-1=1] A pistol shot goes off, [BP:7][Damage:6-3=3] but the towering flyer barely seems to notice the hit scored on its leg. It looks like something out of a nightmare, all inhuman flesh and shell and multiple glowing eyes. [3-1-1=1] The other guard can't even bring himself to fire, staring at the thing in shock. The third is in too much pain to even consider it.

[3] The old man is frozen in place, stumbling to his back on the floor. You still don't know where the screaming from earlier came from, but you have no wish to bring its source into this anyhow.

Combatants
Spoiler: Hostiles (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

Aaron Gray
Gray's eyes narrowed. "Fisher is lying. Maybe to protect us, I don't know, but he's lying." He began pushing his way through the crowd after saying that to Thomas, making his way towards Fisher. When he reached Fisher, he reached out, mentally. "Tell me, Fisher. Don't dumb down the facts, don't you dare lie, just tell me... what is happening!?" As he said this, his eyes narrowed in anger, his aura began to flare, as he lost control over it. It projected his anger. "We won't be safe, will we Fisher?" He began trying to either pull the information he needed from Fisher's mind, or coerce it out of him. "I want to know all of the information you have on these happenings. Oh, get someone on the backup power would you?" His voice stayed cold, icily so, his rage like the depths of the ocean.

Find out what's happening, using my aura of terror, and my mental abilities if need be. Then reign in my anger and aura.

[5] 'What? What are you-' Thomas starts, but you're already making your way through the darkened room towards the good doctor. Unaltered, he and the other staff will take a moment to adjust to the darkness - the rest of you have no such problem. You've pushed yourself close to him before he can react.

'Tell me, Fisher. Don't dumb down the facts, don't you dare lie, just tell me... what is happening?' you demand, and momentarily lose control of your aura. Fisher catches the full brunt of your unrestricted power for a moment. [2] He doesn't take it well. His expression changing from confusion to total, mind-numbing horror in the span of a few seconds, he lets out a cry of fear and turns to run. You catch him by the sleeve and continue your tirade.

'We won't be safe, will we Fisher?' you shout at the terrified man. He whimpers in reply, trying in vain to push you away. 'I want to know all of the information you have on these happenings. Oh, get someone on the backup power, would you?'

You hear someone call for you, but you're focused on Doctor Fisher. When he still doesn't say anything, you repeat your demands, pushing into his mind for the information. [5-1=4] What you get is a confused jumble of emotions and thoughts, mostly fear, obstructing much of what you'd like to see. Digging in, you find to your dismay that he knows very little. But there's something else in the back of his mind, a concern or fear of...

'Gray! Gray, what the fuck are you doing?'

You blink, turning your head slowly towards the voice. Alex grabs you and pulls you away from the doctor, looking at you like a madman. The lights flicker back on to reveal others staring at you as well, though some appear to have fled through the open door, with the staff going after them.

[1] Doctor Fisher collapses to his kness, holding his head in his hands. He begins crawling towards the corner, sobbing.

Thomas takes you by the arm and together with Bray they guide you to the side.

'Ah, Jesus, look at him, Aaron. It's gonna take hours for him to get back from that. What were you thinking?' Thomas asks, looking pitifully at the doctor.

Alex looks around the room, seeing the lack of staff. 'Who gives a shit? Did you see that thing? That could not be real,' she says. 'Maybe this is another test? They want to see how we'd react to something like this?'

'We didn't get off to a good start, then,' Thomas mutters. Without leadership, the subjects seem to be panicking again.

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

---

Durr, mcclay's regeneration was supposed to kick in earlier already. I rolled for the previous turns as well now.

I've finally turned to 1st person with Alexei. Though it seems I've slipped a bit into it in the previous turns, oh well. And done the opposite with others. *sigh*

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand - an Eldritch Horror RTD (Turn 9! Spots open!)
« Reply #190 on: July 12, 2012, 09:28:30 am »

Alexei clicks his tongue and starts to quickly move towards the altar chamber, alternating his step and swerving like he was taught. This day had been a terrible day for him, as if the world itself conspired against his performance. One or two more missions showing the same level of incompetence and he would probably be dealt with by the Society.

Run to the altar chamber, keep an eye on the older soldier while moving there.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 12, 2012, 10:08:24 am »

Blinking once, Aaron shakes his head, slowly. "What was I thinking... I don't know. I'm sorry." Holding his own head in his hands, he began to breathe slowly, calming himself down. "If you don't think that's real... then is this real?" He gestured around himself. "We're all special, all different... and we should be helping, if what's happening out there is real." He glanced around. "There's no one official here... at all, is there now? They left. Cowards." Gray started to pace. "We all need... to calm down. Alex, Thomas, can you help me? I might need it if I get set off again..." He glanced at both of them, before moving back to where Fisher was standing before all hell broke loose. "HEY! EVERYBODY! LET'S GET SOME CALM IN HERE!" He shouted, attempting to push his voice over the crowd and the noise. He waited for everyone to quiet down, whether Alex and Thomas help or not. "Now, what we were shown... I've heard an opinion that it may not be real... but if you think about it, if we all here are real, with some of the things we can do... then what reason is there for those things to be surreal also? We don't have any staff, or anyone official here anymore. Which means no answers. But I know for sure, that if this is happening... in all of those places, then we need to help. I'm sure there are some of you here who are like me, and can... inspire fear in people merely by being near them? If we can do something like that, what can those things do? They sure as hell seemed related to what we can do, as I doubt that real... abilities like these coincide with others. This isn't a comic book, or a novel, this is reality. The general populace will be scared, possibly insane, there will be panic everywhere those things attack. But we might be able to do something. We're human, yet oh-so much more. We can do things no normal person could even dream of, so we have to stand up and fight, to defend the people who can't do what we can!" He tried to sound inspiring, or atleast like a leader, but the doubts were already gnawing at the back of his mind, shoved there in attempt to ignore them.

Attempt to get the crowd's attention, calm them down, then execute (hopefully) inspiring speech. Try to get Alex and Thomas to help me out.

What more do you need?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 12, 2012, 10:21:43 am »

Turiel smiled upon seeing his friends, and nodded at their statements, firstly turning towards Devdan, "A nightmare.

"I don't know actually, the best thing that could come to mind is what mythology could term a 'Titan'. I've seen more pictures of them while I was on my way back, comrade.

"They were in our possession all along. We knew of them long before all this happened, and kept it a secret from the world.

"On what that thing truly was, I can only fathom a guess. Myth or legend, things are about to get real. But let's leave that for later, how were you all and how was my flying?"
he ended with a grin.

Chat while moving to the Control Center.

((Holding back on that 40,000 character post  :P))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 12, 2012, 10:44:38 am »

"Colonel, sorry this will be uncomfortable, but there is no time" SHow the superior officer what he is up against
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 12, 2012, 10:54:38 am »

((Holding back on that 40,000 character post  :P))

I swear he said 4'000, not 40'000...

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16