Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Their Coming Is At Hand - an Eldritch Horror RTD (Turn 10! Spots open!)  (Read 33640 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Absorb the life-force of one of the serpentine mutations, and use that to turn the other one into a combat doll

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile

And thus we follow a pattern of our heroes being thrown out of aircraft moments before their destruction. Go Alex. >_>

So there you go- our heroes just need to not be in aircraft.  Right Tiruin?
Dat fukken hybrid, imma chop him in half wif a door.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

And thus we follow a pattern of our heroes being thrown out of aircraft moments before their destruction. Go Alex. >_>

So there you go- our heroes just need to not be in aircraft.  Right Tiruin?

Why, yes. Yes I-...

Wait.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still waitin' for Watchman...
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, well. I'd hate to skip him. He was last online on the 18th. But I guess he'd just go along with whatever Caellath is doing.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Watchman:  Follow Calleath along.

(There, suggested for him!)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Toaster, I think you forgot something...*coughcoughdeeponesauracough*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Watchman:  Follow Calleath along.
He could also deactivate that damned aura before that. The GM may decide on that, though.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

You're assuming I'm vested in your success :P
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're assuming I'm vested in your success :P
I'm certainly not, I just like more spectacular failure than going insane from fear.
Sig! Onol

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Watchman hasn't been online for about 10 days now. Do we auto him, or what?
Sig! Onol

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, yes. I've had the beginning of the update written for days now, but Things keep happening, man. You people need to threaten me or something.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok. Uhhhhhh...Write the update, or we'll...we'll...we'll STARE DISSAPROVINGLY at you! Yeah! Bet you feel guilty now, huh? If not:

>:(
Sig! Onol

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 6

Calla
Vengance can come later, the rest of the world did not deserve to suffer because of these people "I will do it, drop me down and I will do what I can, what am I looking for?" but calla will remember and come after sirling

Stirling looks ahead as she replies, keeping the controls steady. 'I don't really know. An artifact up on the hill - it's probably inside or under the church. You... should feel its presence. Then, if you can carry it, bring it to me outside the city. If not, we'll figure something out.'

[5] Stirling veers over the coast with expert handling, skidding over the treeline. There's not a lot of light to go around, but your enchanced senses pick out even the tiniest detail in the twilight. Beyond the wind rushing past and the cries of birds and woodland animals you hear the whoosh of jet engines and spot two black darts crossing the horizon far ahead. A few moments later, the forest begins to give away for fields of empty lumberworks and construction sites, then the roofs of a metropolis, in shades of grey and red.

The Fellowship soldier brings the chopper to a gradual halt, descending all the while. You pass dangerously close to treetops, but Stirling keeps the helicopter safely up. She guides the chopper onto the fields and makes her landing. You open the door, not bothering to wait for her to touch down fully, and leap out. You land with a roll, wave the Captain away and hurry out of the sawdust cloud she's raising.

You walk forward, looking around. The city's edge is just up ahead, and there's plenty of cover to hide your approach. You see empty streets - though there seem to be barricades scattered around - the city coming down in concentric circles from the hill, cultivated land surrounding a large church of bleached stone. A few military helicopters buzz overhead, the lights of transport choppers blinking in the distance. The streets beneath the hill seem devoid of barricades for now.

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Alex Vondgas
Alex grabs the door and heaves like his uncles did to one of those discs at the Highland Games, intending to cut it in half. As the door was in the air he ran at the hybrid and prepared to being it down on its head if the door did not finish it off.

[6] You take hold of the door, snap it in two, wrench it to the air and send one piece flying in one smooth movement. The charging hybrid barely has time to see what you're doing, [Dodge:1] much less make any effort towards avoiding it. The big chunk of metal, powered by superhuman strenght, [BP:5][Damage:3+1=4] breaks through his already-wounded leg with a wet crunch of bone. His body tries to move on with its remaining momentum but legless, simply collapses. An ugly gurgle escapes his lips, and he's dead. [4] You feel the rumble of the half-conscious Fae and suppress it with some effort.

You wait for the Foundation yacht to arrive, keeping your eyes on the distant second helicopter. [6] It seems to be moving away from you, though, leaving towards the sea.

The battered yacht veers towards the shore, slowing down gradually. You see the agents and Lucia on board safe and intact. You're fairly sure you're about to get reprimanded for putting yourself in danger, but you'll sure it'll be alright - Theo doesn't look particularly happy but then, he's always like that.

The ship draws to a halt further along the beach. You walk over, with Theo and Agent Deronda meeting you half-way there. Theo places a strong - for an unaltered human, that is - arm on your shoulder and leans in.

'That was very stupid and reckless, and unnecessary. From the look of it, you're going to be feeling that for a while,' he says. 'That said, the time when you can be safe anywhere is over. As soon as I get authorization from Greyson, we're starting combat training and survival practice for both you and the girl. But first, you need to get briefed on what's going on. Do you want the short version or the thorough version?'

[2] Your healing hasn't kicked in yet, but it should soon. Your head hurts like hell.

Combatants
Spoiler: Hostiles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Friendlies (click to show/hide)
---

Spoiler: mcclay (click to show/hide)

Turiel
Fire the Guided Missiles targeting the Eye and a random broken section, preferably at the legs or supporting structures then, if possible, accompany with a strafing run up close.

[3] With finally a chance to wreak some vengeance on the inhuman giant, you bring the KOSCHEI into a sharp turn towards the Titan's head, rapidly calibrating your targeting system to lock on the big evil eye. It's is giving off more than enough heat to register on the sensors.

[6][6] You drop to the level of the creature's skull and fire. A pair of missiles is let loose, then enveloped in your Nexus Field, and sent screaming through the air towards it. You can see the air ripple as the tendrils of your Field race outwards, two whip-like tentacles reaching for the Titan. [Dodge:5-1-1=3][Dodge:3-1-1=1] The first missile slams home right beneath the pupil and detonates. [Damage:1-2-1+1+1=1] But when the smoke clears, you see the soft-looking tissue is completely undamaged. The second, however, [Damage:4-2+1+1+1=5] disappears in a ball of white-hot flames and boiling tissue, golden life-blood and barriers of fire washing across the top of the eye. The Titan howls, [3] and you have to turn away to regain control.

Molten gold from the Titan's wounds splashes across the countryside, reducing forests to plain and revealing the base rock beneath. Lakes of rapidly-cooling metal begin to form - if that stuff really is gold, this area just became a lot richer.

[2] The Titan falls to one knee with a thunderous quake. Its bleeding eye moves around wildy before focusing on you. In the face of a hateful primordial consciousness you can't help but to feel insignificant. But then, you wonder, what will the feeling of having killed said entity feel like?

Combatants
Spoiler: The Titan (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Alexei Zielkov and 'Doctor' Erik Tourigny
Alexei sighs. He knows he should have accepted receiving one of those monsters to be imprisoned within him. His project was nearly nothing when compared to those supernatural men. And to make matters worse, somehow he was hesitating too much in this mission. His superiors would hear from it - from his own lips, nonetheless.

Alexei orders the agents to stay back to avoid Erik's fear aura if he has not turned it off by now; if it is turned off, he orders his men to subdue and tie the cultists.
Alexei himself checks on the captive and the area (if the agents are ok, they should help him) for anything noteworthy, like any risk of the ritual being completed by other means.

[5] Alexei gives the order for his men to subdue the stunned, or in some cases, braindead cultists, hoping Tourigny makes the effort of withdrawing his aura. [4] He stares off into the distance for a moment before complying. He shivers. Men have been known to give in or go insane, incapable of controlling the things in their heads. The superhuman doesn't want to think about if the creature there gets loose or takes over.

While his men are at work, Alexei moves over to the captive, struggling in vain against his restraints. He proves to be a lean youth, still dressed in stained jeans and coat. Trying and failing to get the man to calm down, Alexei removes his restraints, starting with his gagged mouth.

[1] Immediately, the man begins screaming, despite Alexei's attempts to calm him. His eyes roll around wildly in their sockets and he begins trashing. Alexei supposes a panic attack in this situation isn't that surprising, from what little he knows. He supposes the man needs a sedative or somesuch.

[3] Frustrated with his performance in the mission, Alexei sighs and calls over Zelenko and Kaminski. Together, they manage to grab the man and stop him from moving.

Zelenko turns over to the supersoldier. 'Should I send word for the locals now, or do you want to take someone in for questioning?' he asks. Alexei considers this - the original plan was to let Vladivostok police handle the clean-up, the government hiding away anything they didn't want the public to know. The Society team doesn't really have the space or men to take everyone in, though they could be kept subdued with Tourigny's aura.

[3] Before he can answer, however, Alexei's radio buzzes, and the voice of Agent Rotov comes in. The superhuman was wondering why he and the new agent weren't with Tourigny.

'This is Agent Rotov. A van just drove up to the main doors,' he says, static crackling through the words, 'I'm going to investigate.'

Combatants (The Altar Chamber)
Spoiler: Friendlies (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: Caellath (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Watchman (click to show/hide)

Alfonz Wulfric
Absorb the life-force of one of the serpentine mutations, and use that to turn the other one into a combat doll

[5] You draw in the life force from the heavy mutation form you struck down, keeping your eyes on the others. [4] You filter the harmful energy away, filling yourself with pure primordial matter. The world spins, the void in the back of your mind again flowing with gold.

The serpentines hiss, attempting to get out of your sight. You can see their bodies tensing, preparing to attack. You're faster.

[5][Dodge:5] You launch yourself forward, aiming for the nearest mutation form, but the snake simply dances away, throwing itself from your path. [1+1=2][6+1=6] Now safely behind you, the other form attacks with a ear-splitting screech. [Dodge:4] You throw yourself flat and it passes overhead.

You don't quite have enough life force to animate the heavy form, but you could turn both of the serpentine forms into combat dolls if you managed to take them out, or absorb one and animate the heavy. Problem is, they're proving too fast for you. Your superior speed doesn't really come into effect over short distances like these.

[6] To your surprise, you see the majority of the approaching horde arrives and avoids you, turning towards the sea or simply curving around you, like a river splitting before a stone. This isn't necessarily a good thing, as more and more are getting behind you, heading for the wrecked airport. There could still be people alive there.

[1] In the skies above New Orleans, to your dismay, the Great Mother's offspring seem to be going on the offense, forcing the fighters away from the terror rising from the lake. Swarms of fliers and gas bags follow the fighters and heavier aircraft above the city, the former moving unnaturally fast and seemingly forcing the pilots towards the latter. You see a fighter craft smash into a barrier of bloated flesh and detonate without any parachutes.

Combatants
Spoiler: Hostiles (click to show/hide)
---

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

---
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16