Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Their Coming Is At Hand - an Eldritch Horror RTD (Turn 10! Spots open!)  (Read 33583 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Earth is ancient, both in body and in mind. Mortal life has not always ruled it, and their age is now at an end. Its old masters, the Titans, are awakening, terrifying giants kilometres in size, carrying mountains - or even cities - on their backs. But they are not the only beings looking to master the world - from the abyssal depths that connect all worlds, the Deep Ones rise, singing dreams of prophecy and destruction, bending man's will to their own and bringing madness wherever they go. From the black void between worlds come the Star Gods, grown fat from devouring stars, alien and incomprehensible to man in their goals and thoughts. And beyond, even stranger and more ancient beings, turn to Earth with hunger on their minds.

This all was foreseen. Forces and invididuals from the dawn of history have long prepared for this day. Beneath the illusion of everyday normal life, ancient conspiracies and prophecies of doom form a network of defense, employing the Enemy's own weapons against it. Ancient-mortal hybrids fill their ranks, and slumbering beasts bound to the will of mortal bodies are their potent weapons. But will these halfbreeds and imprisoned gods retain loyalty to a dying race when their true brethren arrive?

The ever-advancing technology of mankind may prove surprisingly devastating against these beings, but will it be enough? Once the nuclear stockpiles are emptied, the ballistic missiles wasted, the armies of humanity broken and scattered and their defenses cracked open, who will step up to guard mankind? Secret, long-buried projects in deep underground complexes? The weapons of the enemy turned against them? It will not be the 'simple willpower and courage of normal men and women', in times where your mind and body can be taken from you by the mere thoughts of dark gods.

---

Spoiler: Whasss' going on? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Application (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Playing the Enemy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemy Application (click to show/hide)

The Ancients

Spoiler: Primordial Titans (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Abyssals/Deep Ones (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Star Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Shackled (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unique Ancients (click to show/hide)

Player List
1. adwarf - Alfonz Wulfric (Imprisoned Reaper)
2. Caellath - Alexei Zielkov (Prototype Superman)
3. Tiruin - Turiel (Star God Hybrid)
4. wolfchild - Calla (Abyssal Hybrid)
5. mcclay - Alex Vondgas (Imprisoned Titan)
6. Talarion - Aaron Gray (Abyssal Hybrid)

Waitlist!
1. Spectr - Luther (Imprisoned Star God)

Enemy List (Unlimited spots!)
1. SpinalTaper - Atlas (Solid Form Titan)
2. Sinpwn - The Scratch(Unique Ancient)
3. Xantalos - Xanalok (Unique Ancient)
4. Toaster - Sar Cha the Broodlord (Great Mother Abyssal)
5. TheifofDreams - Ke'l Gthahn, The Solitary Light (Dreamsinger Abyssal)

If you can make a good argument for playing a squishy, powerless human, I'll allow them too.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 09:41:37 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Alfonz Wulfric
Nationality: USA
Shackled Type: Imprisoned Ancient
Ancient Type: Reaper: The Reapers were worshiped as Ancients tasked with ferrying the souls of the dead to the core of the Earth, and return the spirit to where it once came. Reapers were the most powerful of the Ancients but through war, and internal strife their numbers have dwindled from hundreds to a few dozen, those that remain are powerful beings that are beyond normal comprehension. They have substantial control over the world of the living, and the realm of the dead, those who were possessed by Reapers were called 'Necromancers' though their powers are not as shown in books. The actual ability used by Reaper's is to take the life energy from one being, mix it with their own, and place it into another vessel to make a doll that has some of the power of the original being, and power equivalent to the amount of the Reaper's life force put into the doll. Reaper's didn't have power over souls, but over the Life force contained in all things, the Reaper's weapon is the Life Force of all living things, and even some dead.

Spoiler: Combat Dolls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Consumption of Beings (click to show/hide)

Description: Alfonz is tall, around 5 foot 11 inches, and is rather thin for someone of his height. His hair is a light brown, and his eyes are a sort of bright green that give the impression of looking into a well-lit pit. Blackened outlines of chains are found on both of his wrists, a result of the Reaper trapped inside him. Alfonz is a remarkably agile person, with average strength, and an exceptional wit at his disposal. He is usually calm at all times, and is a very kind, and caring person when the Ancient trapped within him isn't messing with his mind, due to the Reaper being trapped in him Alfonz has developed a sort of severe Split-Personality Disorder. Whenever the Reaper starts to struggle, or stir within Alfonz's mind his eyes turn from green to crimson red, and he goes from being kind to a aggressive, half-psychopath.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 12:31:29 pm by adwarf »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

adwarf, I'm afraid that doesn't really fit this setting. It's more fantasy than weird/cosmic horror. Souls are metaphysical concepts, and a journey to the core of the planet doesn't really work. You're thinking fantasy/mythological gods, when I'm going for Lovecraftian alien entities. Ancients can have been worshipped as gods, but that doesn't grant them magical powers or tasks.

EDIT: Better, now.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 07:15:56 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'll try to create a good reason for playing a squishy human that is not so squishy compared to most others.))

Spoiler: Alexei Zielkov (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 01:30:11 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

In for this.

Name: Turiel
Nationality: -
Shackled Type: Hybrid
Ancient Type: Star God: Angel
Description:

Physical: Turiel is a man in his thirties, with short jet black hair and deep brown eyes. His complexion is of a light tone and his body is lean.

Mental: Turiel sees himself as an open-minded and free spirit. He is immensely loyal to those who can gain his trust and will not waver in the face of adversity or danger. Though, he is stubborn and stern in belief. His superego is prominent, if psychology is to be believed, and he has a heart that stretches to all living things.

He believes that hope will never die as long as there are people who believe in hope itself.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:31:37 am by Tiruin »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Name: Calla (will change if I need a weirder one)
Nationality: Dutch
Shackled Type: Hybrid ("Naturally occurring")
Ancient Type: Abyssal(Great Mother)(if chosen)
Physical Description:(I am trying to go for weird-but-only-if-you-look-close for this character, she was able to survive in human society after all, but of course being part lovecraftian horror, she has to be weird)
At first glance Calla appears normal, 1 and a half meters tall, Dark eyes, Dark brown, waist length hair and fair skin, not too bad looking either, but then you look closer. Her eyes are constantly and slowly changing colour From Dark-Dark purple, to Deep Sea blue, to Jet black, and back. If you look closely at her hair, it is not normal either, as you can see spots where they dye is coming off, or was not applied correctly, you can see traces  of dark purple showing, and if you feel it, it does not quite feel like hair, slightly more fleshy, and the locks of hair, stick together a lot more than they should.
Let her get distracted or very angry, and it becomes a little  more obvious, the pupils of her eves turn into Double slits (think cat eyes, but with a horizontal slit as well), and her hair takes on a life of it's own, Writhing and sometimes even rising above her head, with the individual locks acting like individual tentacles.

Other Physiological traits:
Eats noticeably more than someone of her age, size, weight should and is not putting on weight as a result
Can sleep for extended periods if outside stimulus does not wake her up
Can forgo sleep for extended periods, with the only symptom being that she needs to eat even more
Instead of blood, she has a thick purple Ichor
Wounds do not clot, but after a second, her Ichor does not leave the wound
Wounds simply close up after less time than a normal human would require (she is thankful for this, as she might otherwise have needed to go to the doctor, where she would be under more scrutiny than she would like)
Has not contracted any illnesses that a normal human would
She is not even sure that she has all the same organs as a human, or if they are in the right places.

Psychological Description (probably not going to be as wacky, because her mind needs to be relatively human to be on the good guys team, also i normaly like the psychology to evolve as I play)

More prone than normal to getting angry, she tries to suppress it
Her dreams are dark and seductive, she tries not to sleep much
She tends to not try to be in the limelight, and makes herself appear less important than she is.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 06:48:34 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Hmmmm... Not sure if want...

I'll pass on it for now and wait until I see what the gameplay is like, then I'll make a reserve character.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Description: (Will do later possibly with a little insight from the gm how this stuff works)

Hmm? It's just physical description and mental description, ie, personality, etc. It can give your character bonuses and/or penalties, but not necessarily.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:04:40 am by Digital Hellhound »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Edited and finished

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In other news, adwarf is planning murdering thousands to imbue weapons of mass destruction with their life force to make them more potent. Of course, this will happen to the 'bad people'.

Just wanted to set the theme here. This is a happy game.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 11:13:49 am by Digital Hellhound »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes I said only bad people, but I didn't but air quotes >:(

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile

IN

Name: Alex Vondgas
Nationality: Scotish
Shackled Type: Trapped Ancient
Ancient type: Titan
Descreption: Alex is a young man of about 21. He is a grim looking man, with stony features and a stoic demenaor. he what the Scottish call a Changling, a human with a member of "The Fae" trapped inside his head. In reality he was given his "gift" by a group of scientensts who worked in a fancilty near his home. They took an Earth spirt from the very ground Alex walked on and  trapped it in his head.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sheet edited into my post, the GM can give me some feedback now.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sheet edited into my post, the GM can give me some feedback now.

Hmm... accepted. However, you will still be at a lower power level than the Shackled, and won't have any nifty abilities. But I guess that's what you wanted anyhow, ain't it? This is hardly a squishy organic, though, shame on you.

Right, another secret project for Russia to fund, working it in...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, my second option was a noir detective. I can try my hand at it.
>Yes?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16