Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35

Author Topic: Internet habits which annoy you.  (Read 100341 times)

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Internet habits which annoy you.
« Reply #195 on: July 31, 2012, 05:36:52 pm »

prejudiced? foredeeming?
idk, pre-judgemental sounds awkward

Yeah, it kind of sounded weird to me when I posted it. Pre-judgemental as in being judgemental before getting to actually know the person? I don't know...
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 31, 2012, 05:59:37 pm »

People who fail to back up their thier I'm forgetting how to spell at fourteen.  :c Not good.

A. Anyways, people who can't back up their arguments or reason for hating something.

B. People who accuse people of flaming/trolling them when they aren't.

III. Fun ruiners.

D. In a similar vein as B, people who accuse others of hacking. They might be, but chances are you suck and/or the other person is good.

5. Everyone having posted what you don't want to see.

6. Search functions never taking you to what you want.

Yes, my numbering was on purpose.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Tabbyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 01, 2012, 02:04:36 am »

Posting on a thread just to state your disinterest in the topic.
Urist McHallucinate cancels operate pump: flying through the stars in the stomach of a giant fish.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 01, 2012, 02:06:20 am »

THIS. So much annoyance from this one habit that certain people have.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 01, 2012, 02:09:06 am »

Letting some be a jerk because "it's the internet" as the reason
It's FEF, not FEOF

dizzyelk

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes kittens for their delicious roasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 01, 2012, 02:33:32 am »

People who refuse to make half an effort to spell and grammar properly. Then, when someone calls them on it, says some thing along the lines of not needing to, and whines when no one takes them seriously since their post looks like a chicken was just pecking at a keyboard.

People who say that what you said is offensive, like that means that your point isn't valid.

This, also. So much.
Dwarf Fortress - Bringing out the evil in people since 2006.
Somehow, that fills me more with dread than anticipation.  It's like being told that someone's exhuming your favorite grandparent and they're going to try to make her into a cyborg stripper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 01, 2012, 03:14:01 am »

Mh, this really isnt an intresting to- *gets punched in face for horrible pun*

Anyway, a classic flamewar of the type "you didnt answer my questions!", "well, you didnt either!" "THEN ANSWER MINE!" "NO, YOU ANSWER MINE FIRST!"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 01, 2012, 03:22:24 am »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 01, 2012, 03:24:33 am »

Quoting someone on a thread to state your disinterest on a topic to state your disinterest in posting on a topic about disinterest.

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 01, 2012, 03:29:37 am »

Quoting someone on a thread to state your disinterest on a topic to state your disinterest in posting on a topic about disinterest.
You dog, I heard etc.

Oh crap, memes are probably somewhere in this thread  :-\
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 01, 2012, 09:35:17 am »

You know what she yelled?

"Hashtag I'm Not Drunk!!!"

Seriously. What?

This sounds like an updated version of me, back in the '90s and '80s, saying "Bee Tee Double-You".  Yes, I did that (despite it being five syllables, compared with "By the way"'s three).

I may have also said "Eff Why Eye", at one point or another, but I think I've been cured of that one by seeing its increased use in 'management speak', perhaps via the kind of people who, since the late '90s and/or early new millennium, brought some of 'geek culture' into...  well... 'culture'.

#####

... 'Should've' is not 'should of', people!

...also 'their, they're and there'...
Agreed

'...' DOES NOT REPLACE A FULL STOP OR COMMA!
You are right, but it does have its[1] place.  I use it as both a non-comma 'beat' (which could be at the end of a sentence, but "elipsis+full_stop" combo just looks like "....", without actually invoking "…", which is Alt-0133 and less fluid to type) and a "text removed" indicator (although I might also bracket it up, e.g. [...], or use [snip] instead).  As such I might also use "..?" as a trailing question ("?"x3 looking both more emphatic and, in forums like this, translating to the ??? smiley-icon).

But I also am guilty for often (in my more Usenet-using days) integrating the close-bracket of a parenthisised aside with the smiley/grinny that I wished to include in there...  But here I need to "colon (optional-dash) close-bracket space close bracket", anyway, in order not to lose the visual part of the punctuation involved, or invoke the :)) symbol for the "noseless" version.  (The 'nose'-versions don't seem to translate, so I suppose I could break a habit of 20 years or more and also, while correcting my bracket-contraction tendencies, add the noses back in! :-))

[1] In case it's not been said recently please put an apostrophe only in its correct place.  Note also how I say "'90s" (substituting for the removed "19"), not "90's" (being used pluralising, although I know there's stylebooks that say you can do this), above.  BICBW, YMMV.  HTH, HAND.

#####

I really hate a lot of the atheists who go around the internet saying shit like "Christians are retards!" I just don't get why they feel the need to be so aggressive about all of it. I've nothing against either group of people, but really?
That'd be Explicit, Strong or Hard Atheism, then.

I hate it when people forget that "has no belief in a God" (which is not "Agnosticism") is not the same as "has a belief[2] there is no God".  But being an (implicit, weak, soft) atheist of "has no belief", plus a strong agnostic (there'd be absolutely no way of knowing for sure, anyway) and an apatheist (given everything, I'm just going to live a reasonably good life and any God worth his pillar-of-salt is going to have to accept this, without me trying to shoe-horn him/her/it into the equation, because the alternate pathway of following Pascal's Wager is too much fatally flawed to even consider).

But whenever I happen to find myself in the midst of an internet argument (please God... erm... <power or symbol of your choice>... I don't wish this thread to become so) between believers, non-believers and dis-believers, very often it's the former camp that (while grouping the latter two together for their disdain) are the more vocal and less tolerant.  Occasionally there's a "dis"ser who's also a "disser" of the Christian(/etc) camp, but he'll often be argued against just as much by the middle ground people, and even some of the firmly opinionated Atheist campers who also have an appreciation that knowing is difficult/impossible.

Maybe its just the places I go to that have this particular bias of sensibilities (or, rather, the more sensible believers stay out of the argument the less sensible proselytising believer is clearly losing by their behaviour).  I have no doubt that this is not going to be always the case.

[2] There are better words than this, like "conviction", but here left as per the usual misconception for aesthetic reasons only.

#####

Ppl wh0 spll lk ths drv me in 2 a homcdl rge.
Coming from a time before way before SMS flavoured the ordinary typing (and sometimes everyday writing!) of those who think it is cool (or 'bad', or 'wicked' or 'purple' or whatever) to do, I might well have equally complained about the 1337-5p34k w|2!73|2z.  I wouldn't ban anything like this, but it should only be used where the tone of the forum (or messageboard, or real-time 'chat' facility) is already aimed that way.

The trouble, of course, is 'creep'.  Mostly downwards from a fully-sensible place to the kind of place that such degredations are common-place.  Again, I think I'm lucky in that I inhabit the right places.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 01, 2012, 11:14:40 am »

I hate retards who go on 4chan/reddit/tumblr/whatever and then crosspost watermarked shit. If you're going to one of the elitist corners of the internet, at least have the decency to not start an instant flamewar.
I also really hate ragecomics and the websites that harbor them. Part if the fun of memes is the secret club feel, and that gets lost when you massproduce them and fill it with the same shitty jokes over and over again.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 01, 2012, 11:31:25 am »

I hate when people criticize others' internet habits.

I also hate when someone comes into a thread and disses everyone so they can feel superior.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 01, 2012, 12:04:08 pm »

youtube comments, there is simply NEVER anything interesting said about the video, I wonder why people post the same garbage over and over again.

People who use abbreviations on internet forums, expecting everyone to use the same ones. Come on, its 2 seconds to type a full word but takes 2 minutes to look up for everyone who doesn't get it.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 01, 2012, 12:25:51 pm »

Oh, i am very guilty to the youtube comments one ;_;
But for comments you cant really go much further then "good video!" or "bad video!" as you cant change vids AT ALL after they are posted.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35