Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35

Author Topic: Internet habits which annoy you.  (Read 100360 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Internet habits which annoy you.
« Reply #180 on: July 31, 2012, 05:25:05 am »

I hate the People of the Net obsessing over things they dislike. Yeah, I get it, you hate highschool girls shouting YOLO, people reading Fifty Shades of Grey, all the ultra-popular low-quality music producers, DRM programs, console gaming in general, and I'm not even going to get into Radical Feminists Vs. MRA. I'm tired of hearing about the same shit over and over again until the end of fucking time.

Give me something interesting and new to read already. This is the internet, you don't have to rehash until the stars die.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 31, 2012, 07:54:03 am »

you hate highschool girls shouting YOLO
I had a similar experience to this IRL. I was at a lake, and nearby was a group of people around my age, and one of them was being told by her friends that she was drunk and should come out of the water. You know what she yelled?

"Hashtag I'm Not Drunk!!!"

Seriously. What?
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 31, 2012, 08:13:57 am »

I think one of my greatest annoyances comes from people not understanding what a contraction is. 'Should've' is not 'should of', people! I could have punched everyone that does this, but I would have probably broken my fist.

There's also 'their, they're and there', especially when people say 'there' to substitute for all three. 'There' is a place. 'Their' belongs to them. 'They're' is obviously 'they-are'.

I could go on forever about these, but I'll keep it short with one more: '...' DOES NOT REPLACE A FULL STOP OR COMMA! Please people... don't do this... it's probably giving you cancer...

That's English done. Other that that, there isn't really much I find annoying about the internet.

I'm a little bit of a brony; I like the show, but I'm not a fanboy for it. I think the stories are well written, the characters are fleshed out, the voice acting is very good, and the musical numbers are really damn catchy. I can understand how people would think it's strange for men to like that kind of thing, though. I did too, before I sat down and watched a few episodes with an open mind. The first two episodes, I couldn't stop myself laughing. Then I found that I actually enjoyed the show.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 31, 2012, 08:16:46 am »

i'm sure this is offtopic, but reading this thread made me think alot of this guy that used to post on another forum i frequented(maybe still does, i'm not there as often now)
he had this trollface avatar, and always posted one liners in all initial caps, annoying internet abreviations, making every obvious spelling and grammatical mistake and overusing smileys and memes... the odd thing was, he always seemed to  say the right things. i felt him like a socrates asking the obvious question nobody thought of or ridiculing all the right things putting everything into perspective. he was fairly well respected by most who had been on the forum long enough so i think i wasn't the only one thinking that. i always thought of him as this genius in disguise or something, sounding so over the top retarded that it could only be on purpose

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 31, 2012, 08:47:06 am »

I dislike it when people:
a) Use improper spelling/grammar/capitalization outside of memes.
b) Are stupid.
c) Use lol, as I associate it with people who fall under a) and b). Not any other Internet abbreviations, just lol.
[/post]

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 31, 2012, 09:03:57 am »

I dislike it when people:
a) Use improper spelling/grammar/capitalization outside of memes.
b) Are stupid.
c) Use lol, as I associate it with people who fall under a) and b). Not any other Internet abbreviations, just lol.
lol rofl *trollface*

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 31, 2012, 09:16:38 am »

I really hate a lot of the atheists who go around the internet saying shit like "Christians are retards!" I just don't get why they feel the need to be so aggressive about all of it. I've nothing against either group of people, but really?

I also really hate that one thread which has to have it's topic in parentheses after whatever shit the OP has decided to put there for the day. As a general rule of thumb, if the topic can't be communicated without an extra blurb at the end, one should probably revise the title.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 31, 2012, 09:27:56 am »

I hate people going on and on about Homestuck.

For gods sake I have 30-odd other webcomics I read, I don't have time for another!
You have a good point, but far more comics than I. I consider having 10 webcomics too many to add homestuck.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #188 on: July 31, 2012, 09:29:30 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My god I just found someone exactly like this o-0

I really hate a lot of the atheists who go around the internet saying shit like "Christians are retards!" I just don't get why they feel the need to be so aggressive about all of it. I've nothing against either group of people, but really?
1. They might be angry.
2. They might feel self-justified in abusing someone over their beliefs (irony eh).
3. They might've had the exact same things said to them by Christians (which is a great deal more common sadly).
4. Trololololololo

I Really Get Annoyed Sometimes When People Capitalize The First Character Of Every Word In A Sentence - Especially If The Same Person Also Puts A Space Between Commas And Full Stops , I Just Don't Get How They Even Type It Fluidly .

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 31, 2012, 11:11:21 am »

I Really Get Annoyed Sometimes When People Capitalize The First Character Of Every Word In A Sentence - Especially If The Same Person Also Puts A Space Between Commas And Full Stops , I Just Don't Get How They Even Type It Fluidly .

Oh god, this a thousand times.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #190 on: July 31, 2012, 12:15:18 pm »

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 31, 2012, 02:46:36 pm »

Pre-judgemental comments from people who see that I listen to bands with "certain views", and thus assume I automatically must agree with these views. So they happen to wear their ideology on their sleeve, more power to them, I just don't think I should be limited to things that conform to my views. It doesn't only happen on the internet obviously.

Pre-judgemental comments in general.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 31, 2012, 04:40:06 pm »

prejudiced? foredeeming?
idk, pre-judgemental sounds awkward

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 31, 2012, 04:56:46 pm »

i'm sure this is offtopic, but reading this thread made me think alot of this guy that used to post on another forum i frequented(maybe still does, i'm not there as often now)
he had this trollface avatar, and always posted one liners in all initial caps, annoying internet abreviations, making every obvious spelling and grammatical mistake and overusing smileys and memes... the odd thing was, he always seemed to  say the right things. i felt him like a socrates asking the obvious question nobody thought of or ridiculing all the right things putting everything into perspective. he was fairly well respected by most who had been on the forum long enough so i think i wasn't the only one thinking that. i always thought of him as this genius in disguise or something, sounding so over the top retarded that it could only be on purpose
This is someone I would not have a problem with. Unless it's difficult to actually read or something.

Also I occasionally say "lawl" sarcastically in real life. Like, in response to really bad puns.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 31, 2012, 04:58:47 pm »

Ppl wh0 spll lk ths drv me in 2 a homcdl rge. Oh, and any form of forum ego masturbating annoys me quite a bit. Whenever I see something along the lines of "best forum ever evry other forum is shit rest of net sucks" I die a little on the inside.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 05:07:31 pm by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35