Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35

Author Topic: Internet habits which annoy you.  (Read 100347 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Internet habits which annoy you.
« Reply #165 on: April 24, 2012, 08:11:14 pm »

Deathworks has probably been accosted for it fifty times now. Don't think he cares.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #166 on: April 24, 2012, 08:21:14 pm »

Deathworks has his (her?) reasons for that. It's a philosophical difference- they think of each post as a personal letter to the rest of the forum. It's a bit odd, but not too bad. What bugs me is seeing a whole thread with special hand written signatures.

Also, an apostrophe is not mandatory before every "s". It's means it is, ted's means it belongs to ted.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 24, 2012, 08:36:14 pm »

Deathworks has his (her?) reasons for that. It's a philosophical difference- they think of each post as a personal letter to the rest of the forum.
I actually like the sound of that a lot.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 24, 2012, 08:42:40 pm »

Deathworks has his (her?) reasons for that. It's a philosophical difference- they think of each post as a personal letter to the rest of the forum.
I actually like the sound of that a lot.
That's how I've interpreted his/her posts as well, which probably explains why I haven't taken issue with it like I normally would.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 24, 2012, 09:31:12 pm »

I'm 90% sure Deathworks is a dude. He's also been asked that many times.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 24, 2012, 09:56:32 pm »

Bad grammar and/or spelling.  Standardized grammar and spelling exists for the purpose of making communication easier.  When people start tossing around words however they feel, it makes them *hard to understand*.  They aren't more clearly expressing their ideas by trying to ignore the rules,  they're just expressing their inner incoherency. 

This especially annoys me at work.  If you can't be bothered to write it up right, why did you write it?  ::)
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #171 on: April 25, 2012, 12:31:09 am »

I also sometimes add my name to the bottom of posts, but that is being turned into more of a "only during long posts" occurrence. Every now and then it still creeps in with shorter posts but I am trying to train myself not to.

Gal-- almost did it again! >.>
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2012, 10:32:46 pm »

Its very annoying, when people necro threads, particularly when there comment, adds little value.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 01, 2012, 07:23:52 am »

I would have waited a few months to post, "I agree," but I thought that might be a bit much.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #174 on: May 01, 2012, 11:42:30 am »

Its very annoying when people necro threads, particularly when their comment adds little value.

FTFY
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #175 on: July 31, 2012, 04:00:03 am »

Is it a necro if the comment is relevant to the discussion?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 31, 2012, 04:06:49 am »

Yes, then its still a necro imo.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 31, 2012, 04:07:24 am »

I hate it when people use the term "Haters" when describing someone who expresses dislike over something. Seriously, it makes you look like a 14 year old when you say that. I also dislike it when people actively flaunt their fandom they're apart of around even if the discussion isn't pertaining to that certain fandom. Although admittedly only a few fandoms seem to do this often.

I literally have so many things that I dislike/hate on the internet, I'd hit the character limit halfway through the list.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 31, 2012, 04:09:37 am »

I am very annoyed by pony hate. I am not a brony, i'm one of the few people that actually seem to be in the "meh" zone when it comes to ponies/bronies. I only watched the first two or three episodes, was pretty neat, but not worth putting my time in that could be spent watching other videos that i enjoy more.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 31, 2012, 04:22:29 am »

I semi-recently discovered my contrarian habits extend to most any expression of dislike toward culture or groups associated therewith. If someone expresses a dislike of x group or fanbase, I will instinctually emulate that group (or desire to read up on them if I don't know what they're about). Say a band sucks, I might just look up their music. Point out a fashion you think looks silly, I'll go dress up in it (or would, if clothes weren't so goddamn expensive).

I've been doing this for years but didn't really consciously know it until recently. IE, whenever someone called me "gay" as an insult, I'd always respond with "no, but it'd be cool if I was" because I didn't like the unfortunate implications and wanted to passively defend homosexuals (and I can now enthusiastically respond to that attempted insult with "yes, I am!" but that's neither here nor there).

So please, if you ever meet me in real life, never point out a culture that you dislike. Chances are, next time we meet, I'll partially identify with that group out of spite. Exceptions for groups I already dislike myself (though not necessarily for the individual members within it).

So yeah, expressing dislike toward (sub)cultures is what annoys me, internet or otherwise.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 04:25:04 am by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35