Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarven ingenuity-What are your expierences?  (Read 3656 times)

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven ingenuity-What are your expierences?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 01:12:42 pm »

Kilroy, your fort reminds me of Fallout's vaults. Now all you need to do is repeat the process over many dozens of fortresses, with some of them rigged to go to shit in interesting ways.
This space for rent

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 01:13:10 pm »

I had the fortress built into the cliffs overlooking a river. The fortress was built on both sides, and because of this, we needed a way to get water from one side to the other. I had built a covered aquaduct, but for some reason, I decdided it needed to intersect the walkway linking the two halfs of the forts. Somehow a leak sprunk, and its send high pressure water all over the walkway... the walkway that had no railings or walls. 30+ dwarfs were sent overboard into the water below while I frantically tried to shut it down.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 02:06:20 pm »

I just recently made a thing i call the atomizer. Sadly, no magma invovved :(. The atomizer isn't, by a long shot, my best trap (no magma :( ) but i thought i would share it with you, its like this;

[= bridge

[
         ]
[
         ]
[
         ]
[

I usually place it at my entrance to my fort or caverns, with varying sizes and amounts of bridges. I then link them each bridge up to a lever in a lever room, then when gobbos come, set them to repeat, the vamp lever puller runs up and down the line of levers and.... BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOM. This trap is really kindof pointless, and, as i said, isnt even close to my best trap, but its the most recent trap i made, and i think its pretty cool.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 02:10:51 pm by WaffleEggnog »
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 02:34:21 pm »

With the picks atom-smashed and the entrance caved-in they are trapped, for all of eternity.
[/quote

I can't tell if you did this on purpose.
I did, I removed the picks to remove temptation. With stone, fuel, and metal as a limited resource you have to think differently.

That's intriguing. Will you share the design? And aren't you plagued by migrant-ghosts?
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."
Pages: 1 [2]